Ambush
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moonlight lit up the bench I was sitting on. I looked up as my eyes met colorful blinding lights from the city. I watched them twinkle as I moped around outside the hospital.

'I should've watched over him' I thought to myself as I tried to kick a small rock away, only for me to miss it and almost falling over. I continued to walk around the place. There was a small park besides the hospital, so it was perfect for walks. I watched as caretakers nursed the elderly, accompanying them on their nightly strolls.

I could see someone my age pushing around someone who I assumed to be his mom around on a wheelchair. I couldn't help but sigh as I sat down on a patch of grass near the bench.

I never got to meet my parents. Gramps told me my dad just left me with him as soon as I was born. I wasn't entirely sad about that. They must've had their own reasons, and it's not like gramps treats me bad. He gets a little overwhelming sometimes, but I could tell he cares about me as much as I care about him.

"Ah!" I groaned as I brought up both of my arms. They were still aching from what happened at the mall. I gave up and lied down on the grass. I watched as the stars glimmered throughout the night sky.

I came to the mall to get at least a little bit of closure on the body hijacking thing, only to leave with more problems bothering me. Surprisingly it didn't really bother me, none of the unusual situations did. I knew it wasn't normal, but a part of me just chucked it off as someone using their lousy gift on me. Still, a small part of me still thinks that it's something deeper than that.

The weird dream also crossed my mind. It wasn't anything significant, but it was weird I guess. It felt a lot more vivid than a usual dream too. Now that I think about it that old guy from my dream looked a little like me.

'Was that future sight or something?' I thought to myself, only for me to immediately brush that thought off. It was too farfetched for something like a weird dream. It could've been, but that was a low chance.

'Four months..' that was the time left before I get into Neo. Apparently a new wave of students are getting admitted, and they just stuffed me in there for less hassle. I didn't have a choice, nor did I care. Just the thought of going to Neo made me dizzy.

'Are the classes harder than usual?', 'Will I get bullied?'. All sorts of thoughts flooded my head as I let out sigh. I finally had the time to think about everything. In some way it was stress relieving.

I continued to think more, and I mean a lot more as I laid on the grass and watched the stars go by.

...

"So where is it?" Aaron asked with a displeased tone. In front of him was Raul in the usual jorts and baseball cap, he looked embarrassed, not even looking Aaron in the eye--

"The owner apparently already picked it up" he replied in a timid manner. "At least that's what the security guard there said." He added. "The owner? 'YOU' were supposed to be the owner!" Aaron exclaimed as he stomped his foot down on the concrete floor.

They were currently in a random warehouse, that Aaron rented out for their 'Plans of overthrowing John Smith'. It was empty except for a fairly large round table and eight seats surrounding it, with only two of the said seats being occupied.

Aaron, who was clearly irritated by the situation, wandered around the warehouse trying to find anything to vent his frustrations out on. He had spent half of his savings on buying that stupid thing, only for the nutjobs he has as accomplices to lose it.

Raul sat on his seat as he watched the furious Aaron. It was like a child watching their parents fight, instead this time it was a big guy being scared of a lanky bald man--

"Three days." Aaron muttered under his breath. He walked towards the table, and slammed his briefcase on it, startling Raul. "Three days! I'll give you three days to find that thing. Any more than that and you're gone." He added.

...

Marcus just got a call from Rein. As soon as he heard from him that Ray was there in a hospital unconscious, he had assumed the worst. He bolted out of the house and dashed to the hospital. He thought the council finally made their move.

He arrived at the hospital too engrossed in his thoughts. He yelled as loud as he could trying to find his grandson. He knew he was a disturbance, but that didn't matter in the heat of the moment.

Once he was finally escorted into Ray's room, he was nervous. The tired Rein explained everything that happened before passing out on the chair. Hearing everything, Marcus finally calmed down, he felt relieved.

He watched over the unconscious Ray thinking about the things that has happened in his life when he came into his arms, albeit most of it were bad, the good outweighed the bad, at least for him that is.

Just as he was about to leave, Ray woke up. He got the rundown from his perspective. Though he knew that he didn't tell him the whole story, he still left. He knew that his grandson needed as much rest as he could.

Right when he was outside, his phone started to ring. He'd been using it a lot these past few days, mostly because of John. He picked it up and answered the phone--

"It's me John, I know you didn't even bother to check who was calling since I'm the only one who calls you. I'm your only frie-" John said from the other side in a playful tone. "Cut the crap. What is it?" Marcus cut him off in a stern tone.

"You need to work on your replies Marcus, they hurt. I even lent you an estate. 'When I'm gone take care of him please' I still remember that vividly, you know?" John retorted back as he mimicked Marcus' way of talking while trying his best not to laugh.

Marcus' face turned red as he gripped his phone a little too tightly. Suddenly as if a sudden gust of wind blew, the mood of the conversation suddenly shifted into something more serious--

"They're here." Marcus quietly said. He let his ether out, spreading it out as thin as he could. He could sense five people hiding in different spaces, watching him from afar. "That's why I called. They already came here." John replied back, this time in a more serious tone. "They weren't tough, but I think they already caught up." He added, as he yawned.

"I'll hang up for now." Marcus replied as he ended the call and slipped the phone back into one of his pockets.

0