Orientation (2)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I continued to fidget with the pen in my pocket as I nervously waited for the train that'll take me to Neo. Apparently it was some sort of air train that'll take you up, knowing I'll have to be stuck in a flying metal tube didn't really help with my nervousness. I clicked my pen over and over as the screeching sounds of the air train got louder.

It's the day of the orientation. Though I wasn't that into looking good, I at least wanted to set a good first impression for the people there. Who knows? Maybe they'll ask their daddies to lock me up because I look like a hobo. 'It's stupid, but it could happen.' I thought as a bluish air train with the Neo logo stopped in it's tracks.

The doors of the train opened as three people excluding me walked in. I could feel the intense stares of everyone else in the station as I followed the other students into the train. 'It feels weird being on the other side..' I thought as I looked back at the people staring at us. They immediately retracted their gazes and acted like nothing happened.

It was only a few weeks ago that I was in their place. Now that I'm the one getting stared at, it didn't feel too nice. I went in and sat down on one of the seats in the train. I slowly lifted my head up and observed the other people on the train, there were two girls and one guy.

They sat quite far from each other, with the guy sitting at the farmost right seat of the train. He had shoulder length blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. He exuded an aura of confidence as he sat with proper posture. He wasn't wearing the uniform, so it looked like he was also going for the orientation. 

The two girls who went with us, looked like they were already acquainted with each other, as they sat beside one another and started giggling to themselves. They also weren't wearing the uniform so I assumed they were also there for the orientation.

Just as the doors of the train were about to close, a loud shout reverberated throughout the whole station. I looked outside and saw someone running towards the train, as if wanting to get in--

"Wait!" The person shouted as they ran as fast as they could towards the train. By now the doors were already starting to close, and the person wasn't really quite close yet. Seeing this I immediately jumped off my seat and ran to the doors. Putting myself in between the two mechanical doors, I tried to at least hold it out so she could go in. "Hurry!" I shouted as I tried my hardest to hold the doors open. 

Even then the doors were slowly overpowering me. The person who looked to be a girl was now only a few steps away from the train. 'Just a little more..' I thought to myself. Just as I was about to give up, the doors suddenly got pushed back.

The sudden opening of the doors made me fall over as I was in an awkward position from holding the door open. The girl who was late, finally made it in the train, immediately sitting down on one of the chairs trying to catch her breath. 

I stood up as I patted myself down, only to feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I look back only to see the blond guy, with his fingers pointing at a button besides the door--

"You could've just pushed it." He said in the most deadpan face imaginable. I looked at the button in shock as the blond guy went back to his seat. I walked to my seat and sat down dejectedly, as the train started to move.

It felt nauseating at first, as I wasn't really used to trains being wobbly like this one, but I quickly got used to it. I looked to my left only to see the one who made me go through all that trouble in the first place. 'What.' I thought to myself as my eyes met the girl who was now sleeping on her chair.

I didn't want to be a jerk, but at least a thank you would've been fine. I then relaxed myself on my seat. I was a little nervous when I got here, but if this is how everyone is then I have nothing to worry about.

I thought I would get cursed out for being a plebian or commoner as soon as I got on the train, but it looks like they weren't like that. 

It wasn't long before the train reached its destination. The doors slowly opened as the two girls went out first. The blond guy followed and so did I, but before I could go out, someone grabbed my shoulder. Looking back, I could see that it was the girl who was late. She had brown hair tied to a ponytail, and grey eyes. 

"Thank you, for earlier." She muttered as she went on her way. Startled by the sudden confrontation I followed her out of the train, and into the station. I went up the stairs and into the sunlight.

I was met by three large buildings, surrounded by a thick white wall. The buildings were as large as the skyscrapers down below. I looked at the front gate, and saw teens my age, some being older, walking into the place. Most of them getting off their floating cars and being escorted by a group of bodyguards.

Though it looked like they weren't really allowed, as the guards by the gate stopped the guards from coming in. The gate guards looked even more intimidating than the other students' escorts. That only made me more worried about going in.

I stood there in awe and watched as other students, presumably here for the orientation made their way through the gates. Watching them finally made me man up and go in.

I reluctantly made my way through the gate.   The inside was even more jaw dropping. Students walking around in their own cliques, one even had some kind of animal companion that she rode on. I could see random people floating through the air to avoid the crowd, other kids running at high speeds as the blazed through the crowds.

Only now did it hit me that I'll be going here in four months. Though the people around me were from rich families themselves, they too couldn't help but be surprised. It wasn't a common occurrence that you could be in Neo Academy.

"Calm down!" I exclaimed as I put up both of my hands and slapped both of my cheeks. I was too engrossed in the atmosphere that I forgot why I was here in the first place, the orientation. "I have to be in the gymnasium." I muttered to myself as I went my way.

0