Chapter 2. Another Fisher of Yellow River
148 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Approximately 4 in the morning, after ending the call with her friend, Huang Ziqi relaxed and leaned back in her chair.

 

She grabbed a bottle of water from under her desk and drank a huge portion of it’s content.

 

Then, she seemed to have remembered something, and sat upright.

 

“I remember that a few hours ago, someone added me to a group, the Nine Provinces (1) group.” she muttered softly. Conveniently expanding the chat tool on the upper right part of the screen, she brought up the Nine Provinces (1)’s chat window.

 

The chat was quite empty, only a couple of new notifications were sent, and most of them were by someone named Mad Saber Three Waves.

 

She carefully read through each and every one of the messages. The chat history was slightly off…

 

Is this a…

 

Yeah, no doubt about it.

 

Clearly this was a XianXia aficionado and roleplay group.

 

Even though there weren’t that many signs, she isn’t a webnovel reader for nothing.

 

She can realise when XianXia is apparent. 

 

Looking at the chat window with amusement, she wondered whether she should type something or not. 

 

But why did they decide to add her?

 

Looking at the account information of Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch, Huang Ziqi determined that this person was not someone she has ever met online, she definitely not did recognise this guy at all.

 

Was this an accidental invite?

 

Well, it could be just as likely that there was someone sending out random invites, there was always that off chance, but shouldn’t there have been a private message to accompany it?

 

Clearly this chat was made for roleplay, and if someone didn’t realise that, they might mess it up.

 

It seems like… this was the Xianxia chuunibyou victims’ assembling point!

 

“Well, anyway” Huang Ziqi thought, this chat was very amusing, and she definitely wanted to see what the members of this chat could come up with.

 

Ultimately, she decided not to type anything.

 

Huang Ziqi laughed as she closed the group’s chat window, however, she didn’t leave the group.

 

She felt that the people in the Nine Provinces (1) Group were interesting, and though those chat records of the group could make anybody who views it feel embarrassed. From a spectator’s point of view, it was unexpectedly interesting. So before the group master decided to kick her out, she plans to first lurk around, then take a look at the various kinds of interesting chat records to kill boredom.

 

Huang Ziqi then turned her attention to some of the old games on her computer. She opened a random one, and started to play. The government was really hard on games, so there wasn’t really anything else to play.

 

Wait, she just realised something.

 

The chat forgot about her, right?

 

Otherwise, there’d definitely be more messages directed at her.

 

Well… whatever, it’s not like it’s unusual.

 

**********

 

The next day. Tuesday. 21st May. 1AM.

 

Inside the group chat, the group master Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch finally came online.

 

The moment he got online, North River’s Loose Practitioner popped up with a question: “True Monarch, who is ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’ you added yesterday? Where does he cultivate from?”

 

“The person added yesterday? You guys haven’t exchanged words yet? That is the daughter of esteemed me’s old friend who is born in this era, it seems like her aptitude isn’t bad. So young and she is already at the peak of 3rd stage – Houtian, just about to reach 4th stage – Xiantian. She is truly extraordinary.” Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch replied laughing.

 

“If she’s born in this era, then her age probably does not exceed 40? To be able to achieve the peak of 3rd stage – Houtian, at such an age, this person truly is a genius.” North River’s Loose Practitioner inwardly nodded. Yet the dao name that person had taken was very odd, ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’ didn’t seem like a dao name.

 

North River’s Loose Practitioner was still thinking when suddenly, Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch said, “Huh? Esteemed me’s old friend’s daughter’s dao name isn’t ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’! Then, who the hell is this ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’?

 

“…..” Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch’s face turned into the shape ‘囧’.

 

…This wasn’t some random person. True Monarch, this was the unknown person you added yesterday.

 

Probing the situation, North River’s Loose Practitioner asked, “True Monarch, could it be that you have added the wrong person?”

 

“Let esteemed me check it out.”

 

After a short moment.

 

With a line of cold sweat emojis, Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch sent out a couple of words to the chat: “I truly added the wrong person. The ID number’s only difference was the middle character. Esteemed me entered a 9 instead of an 8. Never would’ve expected that esteemed me could make such a mistake.”

 

North River’s Loose Practitioner sarcastically laughed: “Just as I said, even if one has assimilated into modern society, there still wouldn’t be a person who would set their dao name as ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’ right!”

 

Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch followed up by sending another line of cold sweat emojis.

 

Afterwards, he hastily brought his good friend’s daughter into the chat once more.

 

The group notification prompted: ‘Spiritual Butterfly Island’s Soft Feather’ has entered Nine Provinces (1) Group.

 

This name kept up with the Nine Provinces (1) Group’s style, with the rich Xianxia air assaulting your senses. As for ‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’, this name surely must’ve been something strange that snuck in.

5