Chapter 2: Better Health Through Sex
2.3k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning Tanner sat alone at the kitchen table. His house, or his dad’s house, was a large one-story ranch style. His dad made good money, less with his normal construction job but fighting demons was very lucrative. Demon blood was highly magical and used for all sorts of things and the more powerful demons had demonic cores that could be worth tens of thousands of dollars. One of the ways the United Earth Army got people to help fight was to offer pretty lucrative contracts to do so. The standard reward for soldiers was small killed but for people like Grayson who weren’t in the army anymore the number could be pretty significant depending on how badly the army needed people. If things were as bad as his dad said then he could make a fortune in only a few weeks, assuming he survived.

 

The thought made the house seem even more empty and Tanner’s will firmed. His dad’s speech yesterday had gotten to him. If things really were that bad then he needed to do his part. He needed to get a system, even if it was something odd, it would still make him stronger and let him fight. If he got a healing system, he’d help that way. Hell, even if he got a farming or building system he could still help the front lines. It was time to stop being a child and move forward.

 

His determination grew as he washed his bowl and cleaned up. He grabbed the credit card his dad had left for him and stuck it in his wallet. The procedure was expensive but if dad was on the front lines the expense wouldn’t be an issue for them. As he was putting on his coat the doorbell rang and Tanner paused and opened it.

 

Sandra Aster stood on his front porch looking as good as always. She lacked her mom’s incredible curves but was still beautiful, at least to Tanner. She had a delicate face and coffee colored skin to match her short dark hair and eyes. Her face was the only part of her that was delicate however. 

 

She’d awakened her system at 14 when a pervert had tried to drag her into an ally. She’d had her [Martial Master] system for four years and had honed her body into a weapon. Although she was wearing a coat Tanner knew she had some serious muscle definition on her arms, thighs, and even her core. Tanner had seen her in a swimsuit last summer and she’d had six-pack definition. She was also an inch taller than Tanner’s 5’10. Even better, to Tanner’s adolescent way of thinking, even with her super-low body fat she was still rocking some nice B-cups.

 

Sandra was holding a tupperware container that was full of cookies and Tanner smiled. “Your mom trying to fatten us up again?” He asked with a grin. 

 

Tanner and his dad had moved to Northford when Tanner was six and Sandra and her mom had only lived two houses down. He and Sandra had grown up together and had been close until high-school. They were still friends but ran in slightly different circles.

 

“Where’s your dad, didn’t think he worked weekends.” She asked, stepping into the house without an invitation and taking off her coat.

 

“He left last night…” Tanner said, a bit bitterly. “Went to the front.”

 

Sandra sighed and pulled him into a hug. “I’m sorry Tanner.” Tanner enjoyed her warmth for a moment before she pushed him away again. “Mom said she was leaving on Monday to go as well. Apparently they are paying a fortune for anyone with a healing system.” Tanner nodded and felt a lot better. Someone knew what he was feeling. As she pulled away, Sandra saw his nearby coat.

 

“Were you going somewhere?” She asked.

 

“I was going to get my system today.” He said honestly. He wouldn’t have hidden it from Sandra anyway but now… He didn’t even want to.

 

“Why? You’ve still got 2 years to try to awaken a battle system. Why go now?” She asked, her eyes surprised and a little confused. “If the frontlines are as bad as my mom and your dad say they are they need more people with combat systems. Getting some random construction system isn’t going to be useful to anyone.”

 

“I’m not sure it is random.” Tanner said. He’d done some digging last night. “Did you know that almost 80% of the first 100 people to be awakened artificially got healing and support systems?” Sandra shook her head.

 

“Then there were lots of back-line people. Farmers, builders, enchanters, weapon-makers, and magical researchers. Now almost 60% of awakenings are battle systems. Everyone is saying that’s because they’ve improved the process but I don't buy it. I think people get the systems the world needs.” Tanner explained.

 

Sanda looked at him with a gimlet eye. “That’s a pretty big self-justification based on nearly no real data. You think scientists and doctors wouldn’t have discovered a trend like that?” 

 

Tanner just shrugged. “It’s a theory and seems as good as any other people have come up with. Besides, I'm tired of being flattened in gym. I’m supposed to be an adult now. Coasting through life while I wait to get into enough danger to awaken a system isn’t helping anyone. Not me and not the world. I might as well see what cards fate has for me.”

 

Sandra leaned forward, as if to pull him into another hug before she slapped him on the back of the head. She did it hard.Tanner cried out in pain as he held his head. He looked at Sandra with accusing eyes.

 

“Stop being so melodramatic. You just want a system. Stop trying to sugarcoat it.” She said sternly. Tanner shrugged. She wasn’t wrong but he still felt it was the right thing to do.

 

“Maybe… but I need to get going if I’m going to catch the bus at 9:15.” He said as he pulled on his own coat. As he was working the zipper in front he felt a hand settle on his shoulder.

 

“Do you want me to come with you?” She asked. Tanner looked up and met her gaze before placing a hand over hers. Something filled the air between them. Something deep and precious. Tanner gave her a soft smile. 

 

“If you want, but I’ll be fine. How about you come over in a few hours and we can test out what I can do.” He told her before adding. “I don’t wanna take you away from your mom for too long if she’s leaving too.”

 

“Good luck then.” She said with a smile of her own before pulling him into another hug. This one held something besides the friendship and warmth of the first hug. Tanner pushed the thoughts away and finished zipping his coat up. It wasn’t time to be distracted even if it was by a girl with a great smile. Today was the most important day in his life.

 

The ride across town had Tanner feeling more and more nervous. His leg bounced the entire way as he rode the bus towards the hospital and by the time he arrived he was so nervous he could feel sweat on his brow.

 

Northford General was a surprisingly small building near the middle of town. Before systems most hospitals had been huge sprawling things, but magical healing had made all but the most serious maladies things that could be cleared up in a matter of hours. Either you died outright, or someone could magic you better in a few minutes. With such power available hospital staff had shrunk, and the overall better health of the population had led to a rapid downsizing of most medical facilities.

 

Tanner walked up to the glass front doors, took a deep breath, and walked inside. There was an older blonde nurse at the reception desk and she looked over Tanner as he walked inside.

 

“What can I help you with today?” The woman asked with a kind but bored smile.

 

“I’d like to have my system awakened.” Tanner said abruptly. He’d had to fight to get the words out but he’d done it. The woman raised her eyebrow but nodded.

 

“Alright.. Please keep in mind that you must be over eighteen years old but less than 20. May I see your ID?” She asked. Tanner nodded a bit too rigorously but dug through his wallet with slightly shaking hands to fumble out his federal ID. The woman looked it over, then nodded.

 

“Alright and how will you be paying?” She asked. Tanner had kept out his wallet so he quickly handed over his dad’s card. The nurse looked at the name on the front then smirked.

 

“Dad’s credit card huh?” She said knowingly.

 

“My name is on the account, and he left for the front.” Tanner said, a bit rudley. The receptionist laughed.

 

“None of my business kid.” She said, reaching into a cabinet and searching around for a bit. Finally she brought out a stack of papers.

 

“You’ll need to initial all these, and sign the last page. This is a waver freeing the hospital from all legal action if you don’t get the system you want. The procedure itself isn’t dangerous but you're going to be stuck with whatever you get your whole life. You might be better off waiting a while. You’ve still got 19 months before you’re twenty.” The woman said, in a voice that let Tanner know she’d said the same thing to quite a few people. 

 

Tanner shook his head. “I’ve been thinking about it for months, but dad told me things aren't going well at the front. Even if I get a support system I can still help out.” Tanner said resolutely.

 

The woman smiled again but this time it was genuine. “That’s a very good frame of mind to go into this with. Now take a seat and the doctor will be ready in a few minutes.” She waved to some of the uncomfortable looking chairs in the waiting room and Tanner went and found himself a seat.

 

The next ten minutes seemed to crawl by and Tanner's leg bounced madly as he watched the clock above the reception desk crawl forward. Finally someone called his name.

 

“Tanner Spaldman, please come this way.” Said a tall dusky-skinned man with Mediterranean features. Tanner rocketed up out of his chair and nearly tipped the thing over.He staggered for a moment and nearly fell over before he walked towards the man, trying to seem dignified. The snort from the reception desk did not help his nervous energy.

 

The man led him down a hallway and finally into an examination room. Tanner was waved towards the hospital bed and he perched on one corner, his leg still bouncing.

 

“Relax already. You’ll just feel a pinch and all the worrying will be for nothing.” The man, probably the doctor, said in a smooth voice.

 

“Is this safe?” Tanner couldn’t help but ask. He knew it was but the question had slipped out. The doctor sighed.

 

“Yes, it’s a hell of alot more safe than people who try to awaken a system naturally. When the body is under physical and emotional duress a person can subconsciously pull in mana in an attempt to save themselves. That’s what awakens the system. We’re just injecting the mana into you directly. No muss, no fuss, and no need to put yourself in peril.”

 

“Personally I think everyone should have this done at sixteen but people are always trying to do things naturally.” The doctor snorted. “As if being natural was any better than anything else. Natural births, natural foods, natural drugs. They are all idiots. Everyone thinks that the natural way is best, but they forget all the people dying at age fifty and 20% infant mortality rates.”

 

Tanner just blinked at the man’s rant but kept his trap shut as the doctor held up a syringe and filled it with a glowing blue liquid. He held the needle up for a moment and walked towards Tanner. 

 

“Now you’ll feel a pinch, then you can be on your way.”

 

The needle was stuck into Tanner’s arm and he felt the mana enter his system. It felt like flaming lightning and he gasped as it flowed into his body. Then up into his brain and eyes. A screen flickered to life in his vision as his system activated.

Congratulations! You’ve activated the Better Health Through Sex System!

Better Health though Sex

Name: Tanner Spaldman

Level: 0 Tier: 1

Type: Support

Stats:

Strength: 2

Speed: 3

Vitality: 3

Dexterity: 3

Mind: 2

System Points: 0/1000

Abilities

Sex is Great, Sex is Good, Not Everbody Does It, But Everybody Should: CORE

Sex is a fundemental part of the human condition. Once you're able to get past all your cultural mores, embarrassment, and misinformation, Sex is as natural as eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. It should not be seen as dirty, vulgar, or shameful in any way. Sex helps to balance a body’s hormones and endorphins, relieves stress, and can even improve a persons physical health.

Your system amplifies this effect.

When you satisfy a partner you will receive system points based on their enjoyment. Once finished you and your partner will receive the following Buffs.

Extended Sage Mode:

You and your partner's mental state will be adjusted and negative thoughts and worries will be purged from your minds. Both of you will be better able to focus and feel driven to accomplish your personal goals.

Duration: 24 hours.

Boosted Performance:

Sex has been proven to have a postitive effect on physical performance (assuming they rest properly afterwards) but your system enhances this effect beyond the natural. You and your partner's physical attributes will receive a minor boost to effectiveness and the effects of any training will be slightly increased.

Duration: 24h

This is your Core Ability. It cannot be increased with system points and only improves as your system levels. As it does, the effect of your buffs will improve and more buffs will be added.

Immunity to STD’s and STI’s: With this system the user will be having a lot of sex. It is the job of the user to improve the lives of others with sex, not to be a plague spreader. As such the user is granted immunity to all non-magical STD’s and STI’s.

Selective Sterility: With this system the user will be having a lot of sex. It is the job of the user to improve the lives of others with sex, not to knock up 10,000 women. As such the user can toggle off his ability to bear children. Current State: Sterile

Ability Store:

Lust Aura: The user produces pheromones that will increase the libido of all people around the user. This is not a date-rape drug. Again, this system is a support system, it is designed to improve the lives of others, not turn the user into a harem king. This will not make a person who would never consider you as a partner do so. It will likely drive them into the arms of others. Which again, is a positive for human-kind in general. Cost: 1000 SP

Sexual Empathy: The most important aspect of sex is the pleasure of your partner. This ability will let the user tap into the wants and desires of their sexual partners. At higher levels it may reveal a partner's fantasies and fetishes. Cost: 1000 SP

Size Does Matter: Increases the size of the user penis and testicles, increases semen production. Cost: 500 SP

Pleasing Visage:  The user’s job is to spread health and joy through sex. It is therefore also your job to be aesthetically pleasing to your partners. This ability will subtly shift the facial and body features of the user to be more pleasing to the eye. Cost 500SP

 

Tanner’s eyes flicked over the screen in stunned incredulity. He didn’t even know where to start. He was honestly expecting to get a support system of some sort, it seemed to fit his personality. A battle system would have been great as well, but this… He didn’t even know where to go with this. How was he even supposed to level up a system like this? 

 

His face went red at the thought and he let out an awkward cough. Well, he knew how to level with it but he was a virgin. He wasn’t in a sexual relationship and couldn’t imagine he would be anytime soon. He was honestly kind of waiting until college. If he’d had enough points to buy lust aura maybe, but without any help he’d have to pick-up the old fashion way and he wasn’t at all certain how to go about that.

 

“Didn’t get what you wanted?” The doctor asked knowingly. Tanner opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. 

 

“I…. I can honestly say, it seems like it’ll be fun, but it wasn’t what I expected.” Tanner said, his face redding at the innuendo. It was something he’d have to get used to. He told himself. Everyone he knew was going to ask about it and he’d have to be ok with telling them, or come up with a decent lie. 

 

Tanner walked down the hall of the hospital still looking at his interface. His mind was swirling with nervous thoughts. What was he supposed to tell his dad? What was he supposed to tell Sandra. That though quickly turned into an erotic scene as one possible way she might react played out in his head. He shook the thought away as the doctor led him back into the main room.

 

“Tess go ahead and get his system info form filled out.” The doctor said as he took a clipboard and scribbled something on it. 

 

“No problem.  You’ve got a broken arm in 12b. Kid fell off a bike.” The receptionist said as she took the clipboard from the doctor and handed him a different one. The doctor grunted in acknowledgement and headed back through the door.

 

The receptionist dug around her desk for a moment before she turned to her computer and brought up some online form. “Alright, just answer the questions. There’s only three. Did you get a Battle, Support, Crafting, or miscellaneous system?”

 

“Support.” Tanner said his face scrunched up in a wince. The woman sighed.

 

“Didn’t you just say that you’d be OK with a support system.” The woman, Tess, asked. 

 

“It’s not the support system. I’m actually happy with a support system, it’s just the Type of support system.” He said a bit bitterly. The woman looked up at him with a raised eyebrow but Tanner couldn’t meet her eye.

 

“Just spit it out. I need to know the system name and core ability for the government form.” She said, her voice hardening with annoyance.

 

“Do I have to say it?” He muttered, his voice small.

 

“It was part of that giant form you signed. We’re required by law to collect the system information of anyone who gets an artificial awakening. Didn’t you parents ever tell you to read contracts before you sign them?” The woman snapped.

 

“Fine… I got the Better Health Through Sex system.” Tanner snapped back, his own voice annoyed now. The woman paused for a moment. Then let out a low whistle. 

 

“At eighteen. Your life is gonna be so screwed up.” She said with a laugh.

 

“Thanks….” He muttered darkly.

 

She let out a rich laugh then asked. “Core ability?” Tanner told her and she laughed even harder. She was laughing so hard that other people in the waiting room turned to look at her as she pounded the desk with one hand while tears streamed from her eyes. Tanner didn’t wait for her. He just stood up and walked out. He didn’t want to deal with this right now.

40