Chapter 125
3k 8 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That just leaves the reports and work behind your new project, [Liberty City]. Based on the script, I would suggest starting the casting process as soon as possible, and if you want to direct this, I can start sending out feelers in the open market and other studios and our own agency for suitable casts. What do you have in mind?" Amanda asked finally.

Will mulled over the information that he wanted to give to her in his head for a few seconds and replied, "Well, I already have a few ideas for the lead role, as well as a few ideas regarding how the actor for the antagonist roles are meant to be like, and I already have an idea for an actor in support, I believe Wilson Francis, whom I met at Krown Studio's Party would do perfectly in the support role." 

He had met Wilson Francis at the Krown Studio's success party for [A Bullet to Kill] after he had his talk with Colt Miller. Wilson was a Caucasian man, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was a little on the shorter side, and he would do remarkably as a supporting actor in [Liberty City]. He intended Wilson and Leo to show a good friendship in the film. They'd form over in the Vercetti's money laundering business, and Wilson's character, Carlo, would introduce Mario to the Vulpe's eventually. 

Amanda had a weird feeling in her gut when Will danced around mentioning his pick for the lead character, and she was sure she knew who he was talking about, but she had to be sure. "You're casting the kid that you've let sleep at the office on the third floor to be the lead for this film, aren't you? Will, he doesn't even look like a gangster! If his acting is up to par, he would fit in a romantic comedy at best. He is way too skinny for the gangster role you're setting him up for." She tried to change his mind.

Will shook his head. He should've known that Amanda would figure it out, "I know he is too skinny for now, but that will change. Robert was skinny for [Sherlock Holmes], and we got him up to snuff. Leo will do it, too, I have faith in the kid. Not only that, the fact that he is nothing like a gangster in appearance is what I want to show to people. The first idea is to not judge a book by its cover; the other is that his innocent appearance is what will make people underestimate him in the film when he takes up the mafia life." He explained.

Amanda tapped her pen on her clipboard for a few minutes trying to envision the image Will was trying to paint of Leo as his lead, and then reluctantly nodded. "Alright, Will. Though I don't understand why you like to cast newbies in big films, right off the bat, it has worked till now, as it did with Robert, I will trust you on this too. Though I would like to reserve judgment on the kid until after I have seen him act, and he has at least done a few screen tests and an audition." 

Will nodded his head in affirmation but said, "Before the screen tests, I want you to look for a suitable martial arts trainer for him here in Los Angeles. I would have rehired the trainer we had acquired for Robert, but it will be a hassle to fly him out here from London. I want him to retain his boyish look while hiding a well-built musculature underneath, that is the character trait, I am looking for."

Amanda nodded while noting down the requirements in her notepad and asked, "What about the antagonist roles?"

"I was thinking of placing Robert as the lead antagonist, as the head of the Vercetti crime family. I want to see how he would do like a rich multi-millionaire, based on his performance, I might have a role for him in another project in the future. He has to be likeable, understandable, and a villain who has a conscience. These mafias back in the 80s had rules that they didn't break, so he should be respected too. I think he will do magnificently." Will revealed.

Amanda looked at Will for a moment, nodded again, and said, "I will inform him and send him a copy of the script once he has finished with [1917] 's cameo shooting in England."

"No, I will be heading to England in a few days. I wanted to meet with Jeffery either way. I will give him the copy myself and explain the role to him personally." Will denied.

"Alright, that is all for today's meeting. I will get all the things in this list done by the earliest and email you the progress." She said, finally wrapping up the meeting.

"Thank you, Amanda. That would be wonderful." Will said as he got up, buttoned his suit and took his leave from the conference room.

***

Natalie Bergmann had her entire life turned around when she was selected as the lead actress for [500 days of Summer]. She couldn't believe that she had been selected for a movie role. She was sure that she would face another rejection during that audition with Will Evans, but it was anything but. When she had screwed up initially, her heart had already sunk, and she was ready to head home and finally take up the teaching position at the high school back in Pasadena. Will Evans had guided her through the audition after calming her nerves. He had been so gentle with her and calmed her down, and she was able to give a good audition. She had to repress a smile, remembering that day.

And now that she had been given a lead role in [500 days of Summer], she couldn't be happier despite her work life becoming more hectic. Also, she was working alongside Clark Reed! She had squeaked the first time she had found out and had taken a few minutes to calm her nerves again before she finally met him on set. Thankfully, she hadn't done that again and was able to be perfectly professional while acting alongside him. 

She was also given an agent from Dream Talent Agency after she had signed a contract with the agency. Everyone on set treated her respectfully, and while the director, Carlson Duckstein, could be a little harsh on everyone on set while filming, the professional nature, and respectful air on set, made her feel that she had made the right choice in joining the DTA. 

She had been invited to dinners by her colleagues on multiple occasions, and she had accepted the invitations some of the times, but she had not let it devolve into anything else, as she remembered Will's advice on getting a stable career first and then focus on relationships and other things in her life. She appreciated the advice he had given her, and her respect for the talented star had soared exponentially, knowing that he was looking out for her, even when she had lost all hope of ever landing a respectable role in the industry. 

"I will need a little more expressive emotion in this next shot from you, Natalie. Your character needs to show that she is hiding a little remorse while she points out that Tom was right about soulmates in the end, but he was wrong about her. You need to keep your palm over his hand for at least five seconds before you take your leave and maintain eye contact with him when you say that you're happy that he's doing well. Clark will take care of the rest." Director Carlson explained, breaking her off from the reverie.

She nodded and got back to rehearsing and rehashing her lines. She was right; she couldn't be happier about how her life had turned out. And it was all thanks to Will Evans. 

99