Chapter 32
109 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Do you think they will accept?” Jens asked. The meeting was dismissed for the time being, until the Emperor and his nobles made a decision. We rejoined the ball, but from a distance. We sat around a few tables in the corner while the timkik guests kept a noticeable distance away from us.

Although, I did notice a few females mustering the courage to charge us for some reason.

“I don’t know,” the queen responded, “What does our psajhologist say?”

“They will,” Mun-Hee said.

“Are you certain?”

“Yes, Jens, I’m certain. Their tails said it all. Reading these people is way too easy. I can only imagine how frustrated they must be. All of their social interactions depend on the movement of their tails and ears, and now they’re facing a race that has none of that.”

“You could say that our hidden body … tongue would sound way too strange, so I’ll use langvedz instead. Our body langvedz makes us perfect tricksters,” I swear there was a hint of pride in the queen’s words.

“Aren’t there elves in this world?” Booker pointed out.

“Apparently, there are,” Jens said, “and timkiks use every opportunity to paint them as liars and deceivers.”

“I mean, as far as I know, elves don’t have tails,” Booker clarified.

“Yes, but they should have twitchy ears, if they are similar to how our mythology describes them,” Mun-Hee said, “If elves with their twitchy ears can trick timkiks so often, then imagine how distrustful they must be towards a race that shows even less emotion.”

“What are you talking about? We do show our emotions,” Jens raised his voice a little bit.

“No, we do not. You think that because you lived your whole life with humans, but we’re openly expressing our emotions only verbally. Think about it this way. Is it easy for you guys to guess what a woman is thinking? For example, why is she so angry all of a sudden?”

“You’re sounding like Ira now.”

“Even that idijt makes a good point from time to time. The thing is, a spisiz whose emotions and thoughts are constantly revealed through its body langvedz is facing a spisiz that reveals none of it. Actually, let’s ask Snirba. Tell us, Snirba, how easy it is to guess what a human is thinking or feeling? How easy it is to guess Jens’ mood?”

“His mood is always the same. Except for that first time we’ve met. I thought he’d murder everyone in sight back then.”

“See what I mean? She thinks we’re always in the same mood because our bodies articulate none of it. Sure, she can pick up some surface-level emotions, like when someone is angry or haughty, but that’s not the point. Timkiks depend on non-verbal communication. They are used to reading the mood right away, without asking anything. A tail isn’t just a body part. It’s a social tool.”

“Really?” Jens’ eyes opened wide for some reason.

“Have you never had a pet before?”

“Uhh … I come from a cold area that isn’t suitable for pets. And I’m not a fan of dogs.”

“Take her, for example,” Mun-Hee used her nose to point at a timkik female approaching us, “See how her ears are positioned and the way her tail is waggling? You’re supposed to be used to it by now.”

“Ah, yes … I do recognize that pattern.”

“Hello, sir Jens.” the girl bowed in front of us courteously.

Sitting next to Jens, I got a good look at her aaand, I realized I knew her from before.

“Hello, miss. Can I help you somehow?”

“Everyone is saying that you’re not into females, but I don’t think that’s really the case. Despite your mighty appearance, I think that you’re actually pure and shy. So, I was wondering if I could have the next dance? I promise I’ll be gentle, and … Snirba … is that you?”

“Uhh, yes Melli, it’s me.”

“But …” poor girl switched her stares between Jens and me repeatedly.

“Snirba is my advisor,” Jens said, “She is helping me understand the timkik ways and is invaluable to me. You are right, I am into girls. And timkik girls are lovely. It’s just that I don’t want to cause offense or be disrespectful somehow. Snirba is helping me understand what kind of behavior is acceptable among your people.”

“There is nothing wrong with dancing and having some fun!”

“Yes, but how am I supposed to hold a girl? Would putting my hand on her waist be considered sexual? What is ok for me to say? There are so many nuisances a diplomat must pay attention to, and I don’t want to leave a bad impression.”

“I see. That makes sense. There are so many things we don’t know about you either. I guess it’s for the best to play it safe, considering there’s much at stake.”

“I’m glad you understand.”

“Well then, I won’t bother you again … at least not today,” she gave him a coquettish smile, “But I would like a word with miss Snirba, if possible.”

“What? Why? Why do you want to talk to me?”

“You know humans much better than any other timkik does! Just how sir Jens wants to understand our people, I also want to understand them! There are so many things I want to ask you!”

“There’s not really …”

“Sir Jens, please, can I have miss Snirba for a few moments?” The hussy gave Jens her best imitation of innocence. If only he knew …

“Only if Snirba wants it.”

“Please, miss Snirba, come with me! Other girls are curious about it too!”

“I’m not really, I … I’m not sure if I … if I’m …”

“You’re a free person, Snirba,” the queen said, “You have every right to go if you want to. Besides, it only makes sense that your friend would be worried about you. I bet many timkiks think we’re mistreating you. Go and tell them everything. You’re Jens’ advisor, not his slave. You don’t need his or anyone else’s permission to talk to someone.”

“Great!” The girl clapped her hands in excitement, “Come, miss Snirba. Let’s go! I have so many questions to ask!”

She grabbed my hand and literally dragged me out with her.

---

“So, what are the humans like?” Another girl intercepted us as we walked towards a more secluded part of the palace.

“What do you mean, what they are like?” I asked.

“Well, how are … they? What are they like?”

“You know what she means!” Another girl joined us. I realized that the same group of girls I’ve noticed before had started surrounding us.

“I can’t really say what they’re like. I’ve been with them for a little more than two moons.”

“Weren’t you given to them as a slave?”

“Yes! You were given to sir Jens!”

“Yes, I was. So?”

“So don’t play stupid!”

“I’m telling you …”

“It only makes sense for a master to test his new slave if she’s pretty! So what is he like?”

“Huh?”

“He may be golden-haired and noble-looking, but I bet he’s a real barbarian when it matters. Am I right, girls?”

The girls surrounding us started squealing in unison, finally making me realize what they were after.

“Oh, so that’s what you want to know.”

“Of course! What, you thought we’re interested in his table manners?”

“I have to disappoint you, but nothing happened.”

“What do you mean, nothing happened?”

“He didn’t test me at all.”

“So, the rumors are true after all.”

All the girls let out a sigh of disappointment.

“What rumors?”

“That he’s a faggot.”

“Oh. Oh no! That’s not true! At least that’s what he claims.”

“Of course he will! He can’t admit it even he wants to! It would bring shame to his family.”

“No, no, that’s not true! Humans don’t mind faggots. They’re not against it, so there’s no reason for him to hide it.”

“What are you talking about? How will you marry a faggot to someone’s daughter? What about children?”

“Yes! How will the family’s legacy continue if your son is a faggot?”

“Are you telling us they don’t care about their legacy?”

“I know it’s strange, but they don’t care about it. Humans are very, how would they say … individualistic.”

“So, sir Jens is not a faggot?”

“He claims he isn’t.”

“You don’t sound sure of it.”

“I trust him because he has no reason to lie. Still, he didn’t even touch me yet.”

“What about at night, when you’re warming his bed? That’s something a slave of your caliber would do, right?”

“I don’t sleep with him.”

“So, he already has someone?”

“No, he sleeps all alone. As … as far as I know …”

The girls exchanged glances of silent outrage among themselves.

“Does he even have the desire? Does he even have the balls?”

“Uhh … I didn’t get to take a look.”

“Are you telling me that a hunk like sir Jens, who is not a faggot, spends his nights alone?”

“I don’t know about that either. I’ve never spent a night with him. Maybe he has someone, but I don’t know.”

“Maybe it’s that queen of whores? That fat-titted cow!”

“If he spends his nights with someone like that, then I can understand why he’s not interested in us.”

Hearing that, all of their ears fell flat.

“What are the other human females like? Are they like their queen or like that smallest human?”

“I don’t know. Their females are too few, so I can’t say.”

“What are their males doing in the absence of females? Shouldn’t that make it even harder for them to resist us? How are they so disinterested if they have no one to take care of them?”

That got me thinking about something Jens and Mun-Hee mentioned. How sex with humans can be dangerous. They avoided the issue back then, but getting nobles hurt would certainly make timkik-human relations go sour.

And also, is that the reason why human females are so rare? Is dying during sex a common thing among humans? That would certainly explain a lot.

“What is his dick like?” A loud yell interrupted my thinking.

“Quiet down, fool! She already said she didn’t get to take a look.”

“Ladies, I know you have plenty of questions, but those will have to wait,” Melli said, “We are short on time, and I have to take her to see someone special. I’m sure miss Snirba will be glad to answer all of your questions once we return. Right, miss Snirba?” She gave me her best but blatantly fake smile.

“Well …”

 “All right, we have to go!” Yanking my hand again, she rushed forward, making us leave the loud chorus of protests behind.

5