Ch.2 – Office Renovation
110 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dust lightly coated every level surface in my office, occasionally being lifted just to fly elsewhere each time someone open the door to the building through the hole Shrimpy had made just a few days ago. It really is kind of inconvenient, paper gets thrown about, dust fly's into my drinks and no matter how much I clean it up the walls keep making more. But despite what Belfast may think I'm not just sitting on it, I've actually been planning something to stop this from happening again.

Sketch Sketch

On my desk to the left of my monitor, an A3 piece of paper, all my hard work from the last few hours are finally paying off. To the left of the page was a blueprint of Shrimpy and on the right were a front, side and top views of a new window as well as a movement sketch showing what parts move. The fruits of my efforts, a window and fold out desk.

God I'm proud of past me, trying to become an architect, thanks to him I've learned to design things.

Sketch Sketch

Through my estimates on construction I'm guessing this I'll take around 5000 coins to make and install, then there's also the actual door that needs fixing.

Ahh... we've only got 12,500 coins left, and I need at least 6000 for maintenance, that's what? 1500 for a wall replacement, well, I'm sure Akashi can make it work.

*

"Right, so Akashi, I want you to fix the wall."

"Sure that's easy, nya~" Her eyes lit up, practically smelling the profit.

"And also make this window, you have a budget of 6500, also the windows the priority."

"6500?! that's all?" Clearly expecting more her face contorted but she's already excepted the job before hearing all of it.

Good to see she's still easy to tric- ah, convince.

"Well I'll be in the cafeteria call me when you finish." I waved as I walked through the massive hole.

*

Sitting alone in the cafeteria on a large table enough for 6 near a window overlooking the ocean I opened my assigned rugged laptop. While the icon on the laptop was an anchor I had a small feeling its been rebranded and encased in rubber. In between doing my work I watched a few videos the ship girls have uploaded, and read discussions they're having between each other.

Hmm, I'm surprisingly productive when out of my office.

I've almost got through 70 percent of my workload while waiting for my renovation to be complete.

Hmm? 'Baking With Bel-chan livestream - in 30 hours'? She's making a baking show? guess ill tune into that tomorrow.

Verr Verr (phone on vibrate)

"Oh she's done already, that was fast."

*

Standing in my office looking at the work she's done, I'm simply blown away. 

"I was expecting budgeted, but that's... It's not just tape is it?"

Before me was a normal wooden door with chunks of wall stuck in place with large strips of tape. Said tape wasn't even colour matched to the wall, just plain black take stuck about randomly.

"You didn't give me a lot to work with.."

Turns out, apparently even Akashi can look disappointed in her work to.

"Hmm, true. Oh but at least you got the window installed, that looks great."

*

The next day Belfast walked in.

 "Master, I'm so proud of you using our money reasonably, although it looks a bit cheap?"

"yea, after the window replacement there wasn't much lef- ahh... Y-yea nothing a coat of paint cant fix."

"What was that about a window?" her grip on the documents tightened.

"..." ahhh, damn.

"Master, what, is, that!?" With distain her gaze wondered between me and the window.

"W-well, you see-" She cut me off again, cant help but feel I'm the bottom.

"You know we have financial issues right!? look at us we practically falling apart! what about out maintenance?"

Ripping the financial report off my desk she flicked through the pages to get to the maintenance page.

"Hmm... you actually left some? not a lot but I suppose its enough for the smaller ships."

Good work she muttered under her breath as she left.

5