Chapter 17 Flawless Fake
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhao Jiajun watched as Song Yan drove her car away with Chen Yu, leaving him alone.

"What qualifications does he have to sit in the campus belle's car? I have never sat in it before. Why not me?"

Zhao Jiajun gnashed his teeth in anger and indignantly took a taxi to catch up. He was even more determined to humiliate Chen Yu during the treasure appraisal competition.

The passing classmates were all envious when they saw Chen Yu get in Song Yan's car.

In their impression, even a second-generation rich had ever been so honored to take the car of the campus belle, not mention an ordinary man.

Song Yan was just curious about Chen Yu's treasure appraisal ability. She once lost to Chen Yu and owed him two conditions. She was very unconvinced in her heart, so she agreed to be the referee and went to check it out.

It was Chen Yu's first time in a sports car, so he was a little restrained. He picked up a banknote king and sold it for three million yuan, but he could only buy three-fourths of this Ferrari, which showed him the financial resources of a rich lady.

Song Yan was familiar with the Antique Street, so she didn't communicate with Chen Yu along the way. More than half an hour later, she stopped in front of a medium-sized shop named "Antique World".

It didn't take long for Zhao Jiajun to arrive by taxi. He led Song Yan into the shop with great enthusiasm.

The name of the store was very old-fashioned and the furnishings inside were very ordinary. It was not eye-catching, covering an area of more than 50 square meters. It was divided into two floors. On the second floor, there was a sign saying, "Visitors are not allowed to enter".

Chen Yu roughly glanced at all kinds of antiques and all kinds of information emerged in his mind. He couldn't help sneering, "You fooled people with such shabby, counterfeit, and fake goods? What a profiteer!"

"Shut up. You are just a frog at the bottom of the well. What do you know? Don't frame our family. Otherwise, I will sue you for slander and make you suffer!" Zhao Jiajun retorted angrily.

He knew very well that there were ordinary antiques and counterfeits on the first floor, and all the good things were sold on the second floor, specially used to entertain rich clients.

"For the sake of Song Yan, I won't argue with you today. Let's start our bet. I'll emphasize it again, if I win, return the jade ring to me. If I lose, you can choose an antique on the first floor and have Song Yan testify for you!"

Zhao Jiajun sneered in his heart. "Even if Chen Yu won, Chen Yu would only be able to choose a cheap piece from the first floor. But it was impossible for Chen Yu to win..."

"Don't waste time, let's begin!" Song Yan said impatiently. She was not here to watch the two bicker, but to see how Chen Yu appraised the treasure and test Chen Yu's ability again.

"You ungrateful bastard! I'll surely cause you to lose all face!" Zhao Jiajun glared fiercely at Chen Yu, and then he raised his hand and said, "Mr. Gu, help me take out that bronze beast face vessel!"

"Yes, Mr. Zhao." Mr. Gu stood at the counter. He was in his sixties and had a pair of eagle eyes. He was an appraiser in the store and had dealt with antiques for a lifetime. He had a wealth of experience.

After a while, Mr. Gu brought over a bronze beast face vessel over twenty centimeters tall and placed it on the table for Chen Yu to examine.

It was round with a diameter of about 18 centimeters. There were eight cicada patterns on its neck and four beast patterns on the four sides of its belly and feet. Its legs were big and protruding. Under the green rust was a layer of black rust.

With just a glance, Chen Yu had an answer in his mind: "He made it in Shanghai in 1970. 13 months ago, it had been remodeled and forged, worth 100,000 yuan."

"It turns out to be an imitation of modern times. Do you really think that this thing can stop me?"

"Song Yan, please have a look first!" Zhao Jiajun took over bronze vessel and politely handed him over to Song Yan with an ingratiating expression.

Song Yan knew the rules of antiques. The easily damaged antiques could not be handed over. She did not take it and motioned Zhao Jiajun to put it on the table.

"You don't even know the basic rules, yet you say that you've played with antiques since you were young. Aren't you afraid of being ridiculed by others!?" Chen Yu ridiculed.

Zhao Jiajun's face turned red. He naturally understood the basic rules—he had forgotten about them because he had only wanted to curry favor with Song Yan. He couldn't help rage out of embarrassment. "This is a matter between me and the Song Yan. You don't need to speak too much. Let's see how embarrassing you'll be if you can't identify it later!"

"Wait for me to identify it and see who will lose face!" Chen Yu said with tit for tat.

Song Yan paid no attention to the bickering between the two of them and watched bronze vessel with utmost seriousness. She knew that Chen Yu would be appraising later on, so she secretly competed with him in her heart and took it as a competition with Chen Yu.

She had followed grandpa to the major antique markets and seen a lot of bronze vessels, so she had knowledge of them. Although she couldn't compare with those antique masters, she felt that she was superior among her peers.

After looking at it for ten minutes, she even used a magnifying glass. When she put down the bronze vessel, she looked up at Chen Yu and said slowly,

"The material is ancient, the patterns are complicated, and it is thick and dignified. It's likely from the time of the Shang and Zhou dynasties. It should be a genuine article. I didn't expect such an inconspicuous store to have such a treasure!"

"Song Yan, you're flattering me. We have a lot of antiques like this in our store. I can take you to have a good look after the bet." Zhao Jiajun was overjoyed and hurriedly tried to curry favor with her.

Many? A trace of contempt flashed in Song Yan's eyes. Bronze vessel from the Shang and Zhou Dynasties were very rare. There were very few high-quality ones. He could be bragging.

Zhao Jiajun was full of pride. He turned to Chen Yu and said, "It's your turn. As usual, tell me the age, the origin, the value, and other information of this bronze vessel. If you say it right, you win!"

"I almost know the answer, but I just lack a reason. Can I pick it up and have a look?"

Chen Yu paid no attention to Zhao Jiajun's provocation. He'd been watching from the side for a long time earlier, and even though he was clearly aware that bronze vessel was fake, how could he be unable to discern any traces of it?

No flaws could be seen from decoration, layering, copper rust level at all. It was enough to pass off as the real thing.

"Take a look at it, but I'm warning you in advance, don't break it, or you won't be able to afford it even if you sell yourself!" Zhao Jiajun warned, a sly coldness flashing in his eyes.

Chen Yu could tell that the dragon-shaped jade pendant of the Qing Dynasty and the ring passed down from Wei Zifu, which meant that he had studied ancient jade. However, ancient jade and bronze vessels were completely different types. Zhao Jiajun didn't believe that he had studied bronze.

Not to mention that Zhao Jiajun was extremely confident in this bronze vessel, and even if an expert appraiser were to come over, they would surely make mistakes during the appraisal. So, it was even more impossible for Chen Yu who couldn't even be considered to be a dabbler to discern this.

"Something's not right!" Chen Yu frowned and muttered as he looked as if he couldn't understand anything. He had to discern what was fake in order to win.

Zhao Jiajun became even more complacent and kept making sarcastic remarks, "You can't tell even if you watch for another hundred years. Don't waste time and admit defeat quickly!"

Song Yan blinked her beautiful eyes and looked at Chen Yu with a puzzled look. This bronze vessel was obviously real, what was he doubting?

Read full story free: https://www.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218133/Urban-Realistic/The-King-of-Antiques?channelCode=MNSM00078

2