Chapter 26 The Orphanage Is Going to Be Taken Down
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yu, Dakui, you're back. They said that they were going to tear down the orphanage. They have the city's approval that we should move out within three days. What should we do now?" Seeing the two of them, Ms. Deng complained anxiously, as if she had found support.

"The orphanage is a charity organization, which is good for society. Why should it be demolished for no reason? I don't agree!" Gao Dakui was so angry that he immediately protested.

Chen Yu frowned. It was rumored that this neighborhood might be torn down before, but it was not confirmed. He didn't expect that they would tear it down today.

He and Gao Dakui had grown up in an orphanage and lived there for more than 10 years. This was their home, and they had a deep relationship. It was difficult for them to move out all of a sudden.

"I advise you not to make trouble for no reason. The city's documents are clearly written in black and white, and the surrounding area of 50 mu will be demolished to build a new neighborhood. Everyone will be expelled after three days of receiving the notice!" One of the long-haired young men shouted rudely.

The area of 500,000 mu was more than 30,000 square meters. The population density was very large with at least a few hundred families in the urban area. It was surprised that these men wanted everyone to leave in three days.

What an overbearing demolition team! What an overbearing developer!

Chen Yu asked angrily, "If you demolish it, what compensation will you give to the orphanage? And how will the children living here settle down?"

"The land of the orphanage belongs to the government, and it's not your turn to compensate. There is an abandoned warehouse at the foot of the barren mountain in the south of the city, and you can move there at any time. It's much larger than here, and you can take advantage of it."

As soon as he heard the words ‘barren mountain' and ‘abandoned warehouse', Chen Yu became anxious. It wasn't a place for people to live at all.

Moreover, it was far away from the downtown and the transportation was inconvenient. What if the children need to go to school? It would delay them for the rest of their lives!

Chen Yu was completely annoyed and scolded angrily, "You bunch of profiteers actually settled the children in an abandoned warehouse. That's not the place for people live. Do you still have a conscience?"

As soon as he finished speaking, a man in his thirties, dressed in a suit and leather shoes, who looked like a decent man, snorted unhappily.

Chen Yu glanced at him and the information of this person appeared in his mind: Qiao Liu, 32 years old, removed manager of Dingtai Real Estate, had disabled left hand, murdered three lives.

Qiao Liu's little finger on her left hand was shining with gold and was made of a pure gold carapace, which looked particularly eye-catching.

But what shocked Chen Yu the most was that this fellow murdered three lives, yet still dared to swagger through the streets. Obviously, he was a ruthless person, and the matter of killing hadn't been exposed.

"Boy, shut your fucking mouth and arrange a place for the children in the orphanage to live. We have done our best. If you dare to say anything, you will suffer the consequences!"

The long-haired young man threatened him fiercely. From beginning to end, he was the one speaking. Qiao Liu had a superior attitude and ignored Chen Yu and the others.

Gao Dakui, who was also angry, recognized Qiao Liu and his face changed. He hurriedly stopped Chen Yu and whispered, "We can't afford to offend these people. Don't talk too much."

Chen Yu ignored him and shouted, "It's OK to move the orphanage, but you must make proper arrangements for all the children. At least, it must be a formal move and provide a certain amount of living compensation. Don't fool us with the abandoned warehouse. Otherwise, we will never move out."

"If you don't fucking move out within three days, don't blame us for razing you and your house to the ground. You'll have to bear the consequences!"

"Don't waste time. Let's go to the next place!" Qiao Liu waved his hand indifferently and walked away. He followed by others like the moon surrounded by stars.

"Don't blame me for not warning you," said the long-haired young man. "You ignorant brats! How dare you interfere with the demolition of the real estate owned by the Song family, and you didn't even ask around for Mr. Qiao's name!"

Chen Yu clenched his fists tightly while flames of rage blazed in his chest. This was fucking bullying, and it was no different from an ultimatum.

Ms. Deng sighed, frowned, and said angrily, "I don't believe there is no place for reason. I'm going to sue them in the city!"

Gao Daikui said with a distressed expression, "Suing is not helpful. I know the leaders of these demolition teams. They're from the underworld, and they're ruthless and cruel. They really dare to raze our house to the ground!"

Then, after Gao Dakui's explanation, Chen Yu understood that Qiao Liu was a genuine hooligan leader. In her early years, he had been involved in illicit affairs and idled around. He had done a lot of fighting and brawling. Later, he entered a division.

A battle made him famous. A dozen families refused to be torn down no matter what. He forcibly gathered these people together, cut off one of his little fingers in public, and threatened them that whoever dared to do it would not be demolished.

Only those who were ruthless to themselves were truly ruthless. Everyone was terrified, and no one dared to imitate him to injure themselves.

Team successfully dealt with those people, and Qiao Liu's reputation soared as a result. He quickly formed a force, monopolizing more than half of the demolition projects in Ninghai City, and then joined the Song Family, which made he rise even higher.

Moreover, Qiao Liu's demolition efficiency was very high. In their eyes, they only recognized houses, not people.

Once upon a time, there was a family that was unwilling to move. In the end, their entire family was razed to the ground along with their century-old residence. Not even their bones remained.

After hearing this, Chen Yu wasn't afraid at all. He firmly said, "No matter how powerful they are, as long as they fight for benefits for the children, I will absolutely not shrink back!"

Because the land of the orphanage belonged to a country, when the real estate company got the formal demolition document, the demolition was basically settled.

But Chen Yu was worried about the relocation. Even if they moved away, they had to have a good life. The condition of moving to an abandoned warehouse was unacceptable.

Gao Dakui had been struggling at the bottom of society for many years, and all his sharpness had been ground down. He sighed and said, "Yu, stop being stubborn. You should resign yourself to your fate. He has documents from the city and money and power. We can't afford to offend him!"

"Yu is right. We can't let the children suffer!" Ms. Deng said firmly, "Tomorrow morning, I will discuss with the mayor and see if we can allocate a better house. If not, we can think of other ways."

Chen Yu nodded. "Ms. Deng, I'll accompany you tomorrow!"

"Good boy." Ms. Deng sighed heavily and walked into the orphanage alone. In fact, she was not confident at all. The probability of successfully pleading with the mayor was lower than winning the lottery.

Fortunately, there was a kind person who donated one million yuan. If it was really not feasible, she could only rent house. At least, it could be maintained for a period of time.

Facing such a situation, Chen Yu felt helpless. His words were less important, and the chances of stopping the demolition were nearly zero. Even if there were several million yuan now, it would be useless.

Suddenly, he thought of someone and asked Song Yan for help. Since it was a real estate company of the Song family, her words should play a role.

Read full story free: https://www.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218133/Urban-Realistic/The-King-of-Antiques?channelCode=MNSM00078

2