Chapter 0.2 : Stranger in a Strange World
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huff.. huff… ” I breathe rapidly.

“You did great princess! now let’s greet our guests.” Sapphire said gleefully.

 

We went to the summoning room, and I was accompanied by two brave and powerful knights in this realm.

 

“Opened the doors gentlemen,” I ordered them.

““Yes princess”” both of them replied dutifully.

 

The long door that these knights pulled was big, it was about twice my height and they pulled it with ease, well it was expected of them to be this strong. After both of them pulled the long door, I saw the… four of them?

 

Wait four heroes? Didn’t Ruith say there are only going to be three heroes?

 

I entered the room, but with my mind confused on how to approach the four of them. Firstly this was my first time meeting them and secondly because there are four of them! But I hide it with my poker face or in this case a greeting face, it’s still confusing but I couldn’t do anything but greet our guests to my world.

 

Ahh…… Lux damn it, after these I am going to write a letter to Ruith, maybe she can explain why there are it’s four, not three.

 

“Welcome heroes, welcome to Lumenter,” I said rejoicefully.

“Lu… what?” the first woman that was summoned here asked.

“Lumenter heroes! the world that Lux, our High God made and the four of you are his instruments to save Lumenter.”

“I don’t know about this ‘Lux’ but he is very impudent to pull us willy-nilly from our original world!” the last young man to be summoned here replied with an annoyed tone.

 

The room went silent, I went silent too because that statement he said, ‘original world’, the two knights, on the other hand, were shocked after hearing his remark, well he did say ‘impudent’ to our God.

 

“Your… original world? Aren’t you four his grace’s angels?” I said curiously.

“Angels? Hahaha… we’re as human as you guys… I hope…” He stated.

“Hmm…. this is, quite a revelation,” I said with an unsettled tone. “Well anyways, one thing for sure is you four are the heroes that we have waited for and we need the powers that you have to defeat a great evil.”

“Let me guess a demon lord? With a monstrous horde?” He interrupted again.

“Yes… how did you know? Are sure you guys sure that you’re not his grace’s angels?” I curiously asked again.

“Just a guess, just a guess.” He said

“Ohh… well then let me continue, yes a demon lord with a monstrous horde at his disposal, they are called The Black Horde, riders from unknown origins where they will come again to plunder and destroy Lumenter,” I explained.

“Wait… this is going to be their second outin-” He interrupted me again but was cut short himself.

“Martyn! for Christ’s sake, shut up and let the woman talk!” the second woman that was summoned here called him, Martyn, off with a furious tone.

“As… I was saying, the Black Horde did come to Lumenter and now we are trying to end this once and for all.” I said sternly. “So… lend us your powers heroes of another world, help us to defeat this great evil!"

 

I took a breather and remembered something, I or we actually, haven't introduced ourselves.

 

“Ohh yes, I have forgotten to introduce myself and these two fine gentlemen” I took a breather and continued. “My name is Amadela Clovis Krone, First Princess of Albion, Magus of the west, and High-Priestess of the Church of Lux”

 

I, as I said earlier, am Amadela Clovis Krone, First Princess of Albion, Magus of the west, High-Priestess of the Church of Lux.

If I was in my late 20s or mid-30s with those titles, I think I would be regarded as just another powerful person by others. But because I gained them at a very early age, 15 if I am not wrong, it made me akin to a prodigy and they aren’t wrong. Since birth, I had an ominous aura that many mages and even wizards and witches felt from me.

The previous Magus of the West, who was also the previous High Priest as well, was the one who realized first that I was a God sent. They said I was blessed from birth by Lux himself, and it was shown when I befriended and made a familiar contract with one of the divines he created, Sapphire.

Well, aside from that I am dubbed as the most beautiful person in this realm, from my long silver-ish blonde hair, somewhat plump body, a kind and harmonious personality, and the most powerful woman in Albion.

it…. was and still is an annoying title, boys and men all over the realm always coming to Castle Krone to be favored by me. It was easy to read really, they just want to acquire the power and social status from being favored and to some extent, be wedded to me. Due to that, I took up the cloth so I can dodge those people.

I admit some of them were genuinely in love with me, but… in the end, again, they just see me as that beautiful damsel, with a lot of prestige, in a castle. They won’t really care who I am as a person and enfer, I bet most of them won’t try to know what my eyes looked like.

Father and the previous Magus of The West told me that my eyes were cursed and should always be covered. I always took their words in mind every time I covered it, I’ve never really seen what my eyes are, and I've always been curious of what kind of colors they have.

 

“The knight in my right side is Sir Acier de Fer, Grandmaster of the Knights of St Anne. They are, for a lack of a better term, the church’s army, but their main job is to act as the church’s official’s bodyguard, the church’s inquisitors, and help the people in any sorts of disasters.”

 

When I first met him, he was already built from the head to toe, he was twice the size of me, his body is already built with refined muscles, appearance-wise he is quite handsome from his chiseled face, blue eyes, thin lips, a straight pointed nose, his hairstyle, which is mandated by the Order, is a man bun and his hair color is chocolate brown.

From what I’ve reviewed last time about his records, is that he came from a lowly noble family, the noble family of Fer, family crest is of an iron being tempered by a hammer in an anvil. Their existence is something of an enigma because they came from a blacksmith family, well... a renowned one at that but they were once just a commoner family.

Going back to the records, King Chlothar IV Clovis Krone took quite an interest in them and their smithing skills. So much that he nobilize them, which subsequently made them his vassal so they will always produce their excellent weapons, armors, and any blacksmithing stuff exclusively to the crown.

But let's get back to the Grandmaster himself. When he was in his around 10, he said at that age he began to be bored from his family’s craft and he made the bravest choice when he was 21, by joining the Knights of St Anne. At first, his father was outraged at the prospect of his son being a celibate monk knight, but somehow, he convinced his father.

It’s either because he is the middle child or maybe something else that my Grandmaster to this day still won't divulge.

 

“And lastly the Knight in my left side is Sir Fionn mac Dùghlas the Commander of The Crown’s Armée.”

 

The first time I met him was when I was 9, if I am not wrong, he was still a young man in his 20’s, a regiment captain with 3 lieutenants and a bit too quiet for a young man, father once remarked.

But now he is your typical gruff man in his late 30s from the army, with a rough beard and wrinkling skin, but because he's not that old yet his body is still built to the bone. His hair is a platinum blonde color, probably why he was named Fionn, where he let it grow until it reaches his shoulder. He has wide eyes with a beautiful green forest color and speaking about his eyes, his right eye has a huge noticeable scar that is to this day still a mystery.

Back when I was still 10 he never had any scars on his face, it was smooth like a baby's face. But then I reached 15 and had finally returned after 5 long years of training with the Magus of The East, Jan, Jan... When I met him again, something new was added to his face, a noticeable big scar in his right eye. I heard a rumor that he got clawed in the right eye by a giant bear, while another said that he was bested by one of his men in a duel.

But the far more bizarre rumor, yet weirdly might be the right one, is that his wife swung a knife to his right eye. Why I think this might be right is for the fact that I found an old divorce document between Sir Fionn and his wife, that was signed by the High Priest before me.

Family wise he was from a prestigious one, the clan mac Dùghlas is one of the most notable families in this realm and him being the commander of The Crown’s Armée only brought more prestige to his family name.

Their family too is one of the oldest clans in the Tuath region. Legends said that this family was a branch from the Feannag family and that they were blessed by their druids to always bore strong family members.

I don’t know if their family were really magically blessed, but the fact is, a lot of their family members throughout the time has always been either great warrior or was a commander in the Crown’s Armée.

 

“Well, we have introduced ourselves, it would be an honor to know our heroes’ name!” I said.

 

After saying that four of them stood in silence the last man looked reluctant to introduce himself but suddenly the first man who was summoned here talked.

 

“My name is Arthur, Arthur Svard!"

 

And then the second woman who was summoned here continued it.

 

“My name is Eleanna Florens!"

 

And then again it continued with the first woman.

 

“My name is Marie Maynard!”

 

And the last man, though I already know his name, spoke up though with a reluctant look.

 

“The name's Martyn but I am not giving my last name for obvious reasons,” he said sternly.

“Fair enough, but I do hope one day you would give us your family name Sir Martyn,” I said understandingly.

“Well…. So, what do we do now? We meet the king to be explained more or what?” Sir Martyn asked.

“Well yes actually, four of you must meet the King, the Queen, the Prince, and the Maîtres but unfortunately we can’t do that now, the King is busy with his kingly duties where his Queen accompanies him as an advisor, my little brother or the Prince is busy on a hunting trip with his fellow knights, and the Maîtres too are busy with realm affairs.”

“So… If we aren’t going to meet them now, what are you guys going to do with us?” Sir Arthur asked curiously.

“I… don’t really, know what to do… my plan originally was for you four to meet them after the summoning, but duty calls for them and so I don’t really know what to do now…” I said guiltily.

“Well… because we’re kind of a stranger in this strange world, why not stroll through the city? It would be nice to see this new world” Sir Martyn said.

“Even though it is a reasonable proposal, Sir Martyn, we can’t do that now,” I said to him.

“And… why is that?” Sir Martyn asked with a curious tone.

“Let’s just say the existence of the four of you are being kept under wraps,” I voiced my concerns.

“Hmm… I won't ask why, but come on, you can just disguise us like a merchant or a lowly noble strolling through the city, I don't know who you are keeping us under wraps from but if it’s related to us being the heroes, I am sure they wouldn’t recognize us, heck this is our first day coming here.” Sir Martyn said with a convincing argument.

 

I mean he is not wrong, no spies would know of their existence right now.

 

I was thinking and trying to see every worst-case scenario if we let them stroll around the city, but of course, they will always be under the supervision of the Knights we have chosen for this.

 

“Hmm…. alright, but your ‘stroll’ will be bodyguarded by a couple of our knights and I will be your guide!” I said.

“Huh… I thought you were going to say no,” Sir Martyn mumbled. “Alright! let’s stroll in the city of?”

“The City of Londini” I replied.

 

* * *

 

After changing the four of their clothes and mine, we set out of Castle Krone and walked to the streets of Londini. The five of us wore something akin to what lowly nobles wore, it's quite flashy to make people recognize that we are of high birth but not too flashy enough that people would recognize us as a rich noble.

I wore my usual green dress if I want to stroll through town, Sir Martyn wore a green tunic and a simple brown hose, Sir Arthur wore a beige doublet and a black hose, and lastly, the two women, Lady Marie and Lady Eleanna wore a blue dress where it would signify that both of them are my lady in waiting.

 

Our first destination was the market, of course, people came from all parts of the town to sell and buy all kinds of stuff in this place, from the vegetables that are placed on the counter waiting for a new owner to bring it home, then various meats being chopped to specific cuts requested by various customers and some of the meat are hanged to be shown, to flowers put in a vase where its soothing fragrance can be smelled from miles away, and a unique stall amidst the meat and vegetables stall. It was a potion stall set up by an alchemist who brought freshly brewed potions.

In the middle of the town, the market has also its iconic feature, and it is the iconic fountain made by Sir Jacques. The fountain itself is quite large and in the middle of it, is a carved stone in the shape of a mermaid where the water came out of its mouth.

I remembered Sir Jacques, he was a courtier working under Sir Geoffrey in Castle Krone and was quite the craftsman. He made various sculptures for the crown and many other nobles, where currently some of them that I knew of, are being displayed in the académie’s and castle krone’s halls. What made his sculptures so different and very much unique, is the details he gives to his work, like this fountain, for instance, looking at it I can see the mermaids are filled to the brim with details after details, like the scaly fish bottom part and its very human-looking beautiful upper half.

Now, Sir Jacques is back in his own domain after the news of his father's death came. I don’t know if he still making sculptures, but I do hope he still sculpts in his free time.

 

After visiting the market, we went to the number one pride of the city. Cathédrale Sainte-Anne was built for honoring one of the fallen female companions of the first heroes, Anne Bisset.

She was just an ordinary weaver girl in the countryside, but after meeting and being recruited to the first heroes party, she became known as a master in archery. Today many hunters and huntresses chose her as their patron saint for hunting.

When entering the cathedral, we were greeted with a beautiful archway that leads to the main room as well as the walls in the cathedral, they are frescoes that tell many stories, from his grace himself being the wise and powerful High God he is, surrounded and worshipped by his subjects, us. A painting where he created the fay daughter, Mother Fay Eleanna where she was sculptured from the wood of the eternal willow tree, Saileach Síoraí.

 

Huh… one of the second heroes’ names is Eleanna, maybe... it's just a coincidence.

 

To one that is dedicated to the first heroes. it tells a story from when they arrived, to the battles they endured to improve themselves, and to their battle against Dubh, the leader of The Black Rider. Alas, they failed but Lux promised us the second heroes, which are the four of them to save us from this great evil.

 

“Wow… the cathedral is just… damn…” From his tone, I know that Sir Arthur wanted to give some compliments, but he lost his words because of the majestic aura that this Cathedral oozes.

“Haha… well it is made by the best of the best Sir Art-” I stopped.

“Your highness is something wrong?” one of the knights confusingly asked.

 

My mind was racing as soon as I saw there were only two of them, Lady Marie and Sir Arthur. While the other two, Lady Eleanna and Sir Martyn, were nowhere in my sight.

 

“All of you go find Sir Martyn and Lady Eleanna! the two heroes are missing!!” I said in a panic. “And be discreet about this, we don’t want any spies to know that they have already been summoned! Sir Arthur and Miss Marie stay here with me in this cathedral!”

“““Yes Princess.””” The Knights replied valiantly and went out to begin the search.

““O-Okay princess”” Arthur and Marie replied.

 

Lux damn it, I knew this would happen but what happened there? Did they just stroll off alone and why didn’t the other knights keep watch for the others? Arghh… after this, I am gonna make sure all the knights here will be disciplined by Grandmaster Acier!!

 

* * *

 

“Ehhh… sir knight where are you taking us?” I asked.

“Ohh… there is a place where we want you to see Sir Martyn!”

“Hmmm….” I mumbled in discontent

 

Honestly, this is beyond fishy. They said that it was a detour for me at the request of the Princess herself, but when I want to ask the Princess, I was immediately detoured and separated from them. I was holding Eleanna’s hand back then and I think I just brought her to a dangerous place.

I looked at Eleanna and her face is full of suspicion too after hearing their reply, so I gave a nod to her and we ran for it.

 

“Wait, damn it! they're running!!!” the second knight yelled.

 

We were in some kind of alley, it was pretty damp and dark but there was some sunlight to brighten the roads and the smell is very funky, well it is a medieval age world so it is expected.

We kept running until we can’t see the two knights and luckily, we found another alleyway where we could hide. While hiding there, we saw the knights were none the wiser as they passed the alleyway and missed us.

 

“Hey, hey, hey, what’s this? Two nobles lost in the slums?” A man from behind said menacingly.

“Eleanna behind me!” I ordered firmly to Eleanna.

“Ohh… a white knight too?” the other men said sarcastically.

 

There were four of them and they looked like bandits that prowled here, three of them were armed with an axe, and one of them is armed with a sword, he is probably the leader.

As the leader came closer while his goons were one step behind him, I have a feeling he was about to punch or slap me aside and I was right when he began to swing his right hand towards me. I counter it, grabbing his arms and pulling his sword from his hip. I then turned him around towards his goons, twisting and holding his arm in his back, while holding the sword I just pulled from his hip.

It was a little heavy, but I knew how to hold a sword.

 

“Arrghhh….. Swinefucker!!!!” the leader cussed at me,

“Boss!!!” the goons yelled.

 

Shit…. now how the fuck are we going to get away from this situation?

2