Chapter 0.5 : a Spy
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in a small room, no light or sound could be found… a perfect place to eavesdrop on the King, the Queen, the Prince and Princess, The Maîtres, and from what she told me, the Second Heroes.

My name is Maus Schatten, an operative of the Empire to find out if Albion had summoned the second heroes. After receiving the untimely news of the Magus of the East’s death, the Empire’s council took it as the beginning of them coming back, the Black Riders.

Because the last heroes were summoned in Albion, the Empire’s council believed that the second heroes will be summoned there again and they were right, after teleporting to the city of Londini I saw them four in the crowds. At first, I thought they were just normal nobles who are taking a stroll through the town, but I uncovered it when I teleported to the cathedral and eavesdropped on them.

When hearing that the two were gone, I searched for them with Schwarz, my panther familiar. We found them in the alleyways of the slums, both were running away from someone and as I saw whose behind them, I realized why they were running. Apparently, they were running from two knights behind them, they wore bulky armor and a bulky helmet, giving me nothing on the slightest of who they are and what their objectives are.

After seeing that brief adventure of the two lost heroes in the slums, I went straight to Castle Krone and on the balcony of the castle, I met her, my eyes and ears in Castle Krone. She was standing there, awaiting me of course to relay what she got on the heroes while still looking like a doll since the first time I met her. After landing on the balcony where she stood, I greeted her.

 

“Hi, it’s been a long time...” I said gleefully as she let out a little smile to greet my arrival.

“Yes... it’s been quite a long time,” she said with a huge smile on her face. “I see that you’ve gained some height!”

“Huh… I guess I am still growing even though I am now what? 18? 19?” I jokingly said to her, but business comes first, so I put on the serious face. “Well let’s get to business, what do you got for me?”

“Firstly, I can confirm that they are the second heroes, Sapphire even told me herself, and secondly, this time there are four of them!” She relayed.

 

After collecting her reports, I went inside in one of the hidden rooms that were already set up by her, and now it brings it to here. I’ve already heard what all of them just said and the proposition from that bold young man, Martyn his name if I am not wrong, which was accepted by the king.

 

Knock, knock.

 

The hidden door beside me was suddenly knocked on by someone, I then opened the hidden door where I was greeted by her.

 

“You’ve heard all of that?” she asked curiously.

“Yes,” I replied.

“So…. what will you do now Maus?” Schwarz asked what my next step is.

“A king that gave the same power and responsibility to another man of no significance, yet…” I murmured and thought deeply about what to do with this. “I think I know what to tell the council and the Emperor himself.”

“So straight to the council room, Maus?” Schwarz asked.

“Yes, teleport us immediately!” I answered

“Ehem!” she coughed while looking at me with a demanding eye.

“Ohh… and thanks for your help, so… dinner at 8?” I asked awkwardly at her

“Don’t be late!” she said gleefully with a big smile on her face.

“I won’t, see you at eight Chloé!” I replied in a gleeful manner too to her.

 

I and Schwarz then immediately teleported to the council room, where I could see the other four council members and the emperor himself. The Emperor was not in his majestic outfit, he wore a more practical blouse and a relaxing hose from the looks of it.

 

“Ahhh… Maus, I hope you bring me news from that wretched enfer hole in the west!” He asked with a belittling tone.

“Yes, your majesty, I can confirm that Albion has summoned the three heroes!” I relayed.

“By Lux, those heretics!” One of the council members spouted.

“And there is another thing that I have to mention.” I took a deep breath.

“Yes, what is it?” the emperor asked.

“King Clovis has appointed one of the heroes as his co-ruler.” I relayed to the emperor.

“Excuse me? Co-ruler? You didn’t lose your ears on your way back right Maus?” the emperor said in disbelief.

“I am not, your majesty already knows that his ailment would come right?” I said as he gave an 'ahh… now I remember’ face.

“You aren’t wrong, he is in the age of that curse..." He then quieted himself. "So, who is this supposed hero that wields the power of the king? And are you sure they are the second heroes?”

“Yes, indeed he and his three other companions are heroes, my 'other' eyes saw the summoning ritual and that hero’s name is Martyn, your majesty.”

 

He went silent and he put his hand between his chin, I believe he was thinking what’s the next move for this.

 

“Konrad!” His voice roared towards Konrad, our marshall.

“Yes, your majesty!” He bestowed himself gracefully at the emperor.

“Send a message to my son to take half of his army in Hellais and march them back to Remai and in his absence in the Hellais warzone, I need you to command the other half of the army to defend! Do not seek glory there, your head on a spike will be the only glory given to you by that so-called liberator king, Konrad!” The emperor ordered him.

"Yes, your majesty!” Konrad obliged without any reluctance.

“Then I need you, Friedrich, gather three fourth of my domain's garrison to Remai and prepare the ships for my and my son's army and the garrisons’ troops you'll gather!"

"As your wish, sire!” Friederich obediently said.

 

The pieces are all set, now... is the waiting game.

 

“I will dismiss myself then your majesty…” I said to the emperor

“Yes sure, find us more information about this hero king Maus!” As I began to teleport outside, the emperor ordered me.

“I will, your majesty.” I gave the emperor a bow and teleported outside.

 

Me and Schwarz then teleported to the outskirts of Remai, it was on a hill where I could overlook the whole city. As I sat down in a hard hill ground beneath me, Schwarz who is still in his panther form walked towards me.

 

"Are you sure this is the right move boy?" He asked me, more to know of what my resolve is than some sort of benevolent intentions.

"I am sure, we've already seen the vision that Jan gave us, right?" I said to him.

"Visions are still only visions boy! The future is uncertain and can be easily re-written, whether it's by Lux's hand, ours, or others!" He said.

"True... but whether it will work or not, I will still have my way to avenge her!" I said full of resolve.

"Ahh… Her...." Schwarz nostalgically muttered.

"One day sister, your death will be avenged..." As I look over the sky full of resolve, I then gazed towards Remai, the city of lies and hypocrisy, with a blazing fire of hatred.

 

One day… I will burn down this so-called ‘city of God’ with my own bare hands…

 

Hi!

Firstly I want to say thank for reading this far and Secondly I want to say sorry because this isn't really the Prologue. It's a prologue to my series and pretty much this world I am making. The next five chapters will be the typical Prologue! with the magic system and world explanations, sprinkled with some characterization of the MCs and some side characters.

So again, I am sorry if you guys think it's too damn long and also, thank you from the bottom of my heart if you guys are willing to wait.

I'll see you guys again at the end of the real prologue, and again, Thank You for reading and I hope all of you guys will enjoy what my brain shat!

 

Also! If you guys want to help me in any way, go give a review and a rating, or heck just say what you guys thought here! Criticism and what you guys think about my story, technical and/or story-wise, will really help me a lot as a writer!

 

Sincerely, The Fiddling Cat, Ciao!

2