Chapter 18.2 : Out of the Blue
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A quick heads up!

This chapter is at least 6000 words long.

Yeah... I got a bit overboard.

 

Aestas was ending, Autumna was about to come down, and two ships were sailing through the calm Circondato Sea.

 

In a stone tower that’s facing over the Circondato Sea, there was a Princess bored out of her mind, bored of the two-faced nobles’ ramblings in her father’s court, bored of endless rows of bootlicking noble boys, and especially bored of the repeating, monotonous, and unchallenging day she has to endure as a Princess of a great Kingdom.

She was sitting near the window that faced the sea, looking over the horizon while playing the lyre with her teacher, thinking that at least the soothing strings she is plucking could be a nice distraction from the boredom she is suffering. But something unexpected happened when she was looking straight over the horizon, she saw two ships, one bearing an unknown flag for her, a Black Crow spreading its wing with a solid snow-white color acting as its background. And another, bearing a flag that she knows very well, a Crowned Red Lion standing tall and proud while raising its sword with a solid coal-black color acting as its background.

Her hands stopped plucking as she wondered why the northerners have come far down this south, this east! But soon she realized the reasons were not important, them being here in the first place was the part that matters!

 

She then left her teacher and lyre to go to her father, passing by a sudden and another bootlicking noble boy in her halls, passing by some of her mother’s ladies in waiting, and passing by many people calling themselves loyal servants to her and her family.

When she reached her father’s court, she saw her older brother, who arrived recently due to being called upon by his father. He doesn’t quite know why he was summoned and seeing his sister was there too, he asked her why their father summoned them.

The Princess doesn’t quite understand her brother’s question, as she came here of her own volition, but she quickly deduced that it must be because of the two ships she saw from her tower.

Of course, all of that was confirmed by their father, as he brought their uncle to meet these guests out of the blue.

 

They went straight to the docks, guarded by the best men at arms that her great kingdom could afford. As they arrived the King stepped forward thrillingly to greet them first, some handshakes and pleasant sentences were exchanged between her father and uncle with the three northerners, soon, it was her and her brother’s turn. But there was something that she noticed, someone that she noticed behind the three northerners, it was a boy, roughly near her age, who like her and her brother, came out of the adults' shadows to introduce himself.

There was one thing that the Princess felt and would always to this day remark since that very fateful day, as this one very word encapsulate everything about that boy, charmed.

He was of course refined in his movements, elegant his way of speech is, and very much as dignified as any other ordinary nobles, but those weren't the things that charmed her, it was, oddly, how cold the delivery and mannerism of his introduction was. It was a very detracting moment for her because for all her life the boys that she encountered have always greeted her with a flurry of many warmness and rainbows, which most of the time she knew later or sometimes right away that these flurries are very much insincere. But the coldness that northern boy blasted her with was new, she felt funny, felt curious even on why she is subjected to that kind of tone, but none of those feelings can be compared to how she felt that it may be genuine, maybe sincere….

 

She smiled with excitement when realizing it must be, nay, it is sincere! That boy's brood-ish face says everything which made her feeling something more, feeling something is growing inside her, a feeling… a feeling of interest in that slightly short, cedar-brown-haired, golden eyes northern boy.

 

* * *

 

“But, well… that’s only aunt Elenē’s perspective! I haven’t quite confirmed what uncle Alaxandair thought about that meeting, but considering… it’s uncle… I think he might have thought of her being a bit of nuisance…” As I said to the three women, my audience, I saw Alexios coming in alone. "Cousin! Quick question, what was uncle's first impression of aunt Elenē?"

"Annoyed… probably? Honestly, I've never asked father directly, but mother did say he was somewhat comfortable and familiar with her back in Vida, of course you know very well why, right cousin?" He answered with a wry smile attached to his face as well as mine too, because… I knew he definitely was talking about Mother… "But… Wait second, are you using my parents as material for your new literary piece?"

"Why yes of course! Uncle's and Aunt's story is a great thrilling love story after all! I mean, a man born from winter itself, travels to many lands where he found many things that warmed him, but none like the warmth he felt from a certain Princess of a great Kingdom in the east!" I said to him excitedly.

"Well… I can't stop you but try not to over-exaggerate! You're maybe the most untouchable bard in our time, but do remember why you are untouchable in the first place!"

"Relax cousin! I'll tell the love story of The Breathtaking Princess of Life and The Elusive Grand Duke of Winter as truly as possible!" I end my promise with a wink.

"Brother… At least try not to make anyone that's still breathing angry…" I knew right away who's tired voice and smooth right hand that just pat my shoulders belonged to.

"Lowie!!!" I quickly grabbed and hugged him.

"Brother!!! For gods sakes, not in front of the ladies!" He said in his usual embarrassed tone.

"It's been a long time since I get to hug my little brother you know!" I sternly said to him. "And… if you're here…"

"I am here too, but… Marianne is still busy as a bee in Haute." He appears like Lowell as well, to me and the others.

"Huh… little Ari, busy as always like father and uncle…" I shook my head as I sighed saddeningly because I couldn't hug my cute little sister like my cute little brother here. "But! At least you’re here, you pointy-eared rascal! Come here, Eli!!!" I then grabbed and hugged him with my other arm that's free.

"S-sir… Eilinolt! It's an honor for you to be here…" One of the ladies said in shock and excitement.

"Nah… I am not that much of an honor here, but a beauty like you, are, you know!" He flirted while bowing his head elegantly after escaping my clutches.

"S-sir… Eilinolt… aojdhejwqm." The lady blabbered in embarrassment. "B-but… aren't you courting with… Lady Marianne?!"

 

Wow… It’s been a month! And she doesn’t know?! I swear to father, I thought this news would spread like wildfire…

 

"My lady hasn’t heard it yet?!" I shockingly said.

"Heard… what my lord?" She confusingly asked.

"Me and Lady Marianne aren't seeing each other anymore." He popped the cherry himself.

""Ohh! Ohh…"" The ladies were shocked, excited even, but of course, they changed their ‘Ohs’ in the end to be more respectful if they want to successfully attract Eilinolt. "How? Why? What happened Sir Eilinolt?"

"She… wanted to see who we are outside of that relationship, she wanted to find something else that defines her, which… I kind of agree now, seeing as I found out more about myself outside of her, though… it's a bit lonely…" And as the usual for Eilinolt, letting him talk this long unleashed his power to turn everything awkward. "But enough of me! Let's get back to what Big Brother Ru was yapping on! I heard that there are many great romances that started in this room!"

"You… aren't, wrong! This very room is very, very much a perfect breeding ground for great romances! And these three are one of the many evidences!" I said as I point at Alexios, Lowell, and Eilinolt. "Now follow me! As these three boys started to exist, from this castle's very entrance!"

 

* * *

 

It was silence, the very thing that uncle and father were capable of producing when aunt Elenē suddenly appears.

But things were loud in both uncle's and father's minds. Father, was intrigued at this fine woman that just smiled heart-warmingly and made his Grand Duke flustered, Uncle on the other hand was more than flustered, more than what father thought actually. What uncle was feeling, was… something that he himself doesn't quite know, he doesn't know what to feel, knows how to act, and especially, especially! know what to say.

The last time they saw each other was 10 years ago after all and… a heartfelt and on a good term’s goodbye wasn't quite the right word to describe their farewell, which uncle remembered very much.

 

"You're brother, he's here, right?" Uncle asked with a very livid tone when remembering their farewell.

Aunt Elenē was caught off guard, but she tried to make bygones be bygones. "Agápi… Are you really still mad about that? It's been years!"

But uncle wasn't deterred by this, as he even felt uncomfortable when hearing his nickname. "Stop… calling me that! Where's your broth-"

 

Uncle stopped, someone caught his eyes, and it was of course, The Magnificent Prince of Purple, Uncle Basíleios.

Uncle Alaxandair saw him with hands wrapped with two ladies from his land while also being overly fond of by even more ladies from the banquet. This of course stole many eyes from the courtyard, those were eyes of thirst, eyes of curiosity, and of course, eyes of jealousy. But none of those belong to uncle Alaxandair's eyes, his eyes were special only belonging to him, as these eyes were years of culmination of one thing! and that thing is… fury.

Uncle Alaxandair did not smile, did not froud, it was pure fury as he saw uncle Basíleios. And when he went straight to him, his hands and knees were ready to introduce an eastern man born from warm lands, to the blistering welcome of the frozen north.

 

* * *

 

"Knees?" One of the ladies asked curiously.

"It's uncle Alaxandair's secret technique! Because he is a short man and all, he couldn't use his fist to blow a man's face in one go like normal height people. But instead, he uses his hands to grab their heads wherein one go with his knees, he pummelled them to the ground!"

 

* * *

 

Brakk!

"My prince!!!" One of the ladies from uncle Basíleios' arms screamed.

"How dare you!!!" A Vida royal guard, apparently was not far from uncle Basíleios, came to his aid.

And as it seems a fight was about to start. "Wait! wait…" Another Vida royal guard, more rugged looking, more older, and more well-armored, stopped the young guard. "Tebhia?" He asked uncle Alaxandair so familiarly.

"Tebhia." Uncle Alaxandair confirmed as familiarly as the old guard.

"Tebhia? Tebhia?!" Uncle Basíleios was in disbelief when hearing this. "You've been holding a grudge against me because of our trip to TEBHIA for 10 years?! 10 fuckin YEARS?!!" Uncle Basíleios unleashed his frustration and disbelief as he got back up and went towards uncle Alaxandair.

"..." Uncle Alaxandair though, didn't even flinch at uncle Basíleios’s reaction, the only thing he gave was a mix of disgust and lividness.

 

There was a brief silence there, people in their surroundings were murmuring and asking how this sudden drama became, father even rushed to uncle Alaxandair and Basíleios to defuse the situation.

 

But as father was halfway from them, he stopped as suddenly… "Then can you forgive me Xandair?" Out of nowhere, uncle Basíleios, a man from a great kingdom in the east, a prince, A Crown Prince of that said kingdom in the east! Suddenly went limp and all over uncle Alaxandair with a tone somewhat demeaning, but really more like a woman that is all over a man.

But uncle Alaxandair wasn’t having any of this nonsense as he…

 

BRAKK!!!

Hit uncle Basíleios again, but this time he uppercutted him rather than using his normal tactic.

 

"Oww…" Uncle Basíleios said in pain as he soothed his jaw.

While on a distance aunt Elenē while saying "Ohh… Brother…" shook her head in disappointment when seeing this unfold.

 

Father who stopped in the middle was quite surprised of course at this sudden turn of events, again, but he knew that he needs to defuse the situation before it gets ugly.

 

"Alax! The hell are you doing?!" Father said as he immediately grabbed uncle Alaxandair's right hand.

But uncle Alaxandair wasn't the one that responded to father, it was Uncle Basíleios. "He was just mistranslating his deep longing for me…" He said jokingly with a smirk that he somehow could conjure up to his face, even though Uncle Alaxandair’s beating was quite brutal.

 

Uncle Basíleios then change the tone as he introduced himself to father. Father was of course quite a bit caught off guard when he suddenly had a change of demeanor.

 

"A Pleasure to meet you!!" Uncle Basíleios' grabbed and shook father's hands in excitement. "I am Basíleios Adriános, Crown Prince of Vida, The Magnificent Prince of Purple, and of course, Xandair very, very… dear friend! right Xandair?" Uncle Basíleios left the sentence with a huge smile directed at uncle Alaxandair.

Surprisingly uncle Alaxandair responded back with words this time! "No, nope, not even in a million seasons! Your sister is the only dear friend that I made in Vida! And while I am at it! I have another dear friend here!" He then tapped father's shoulders to pretty much spite uncle Basíleios.

"Xandair… you’re delusional, I am clearly your most dearest friend! Now say 'Basíl is my most dearest friend'!"

 

And… uncle Alaxandair knew that responding with words was a mistake as he stood back silently in full disgust now.

 

"Hey now! D-don't you give me that face now! You know very well that I never liked you giving me that kind of face of yours!"

 

Uncle Alaxandair still stood in silent and even amped up his disgusted face.

 

"Xanda-"

"Now, now, brother." Aunt Elenē interrupted. "You know that agápi never liked your wild immaturity! And I am very sorry that you have to witness that horrendous view Lord Protector… Also, where are my manners! My name is Elenē Zoë Adriános, First Princess of Vida!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Elenē! And it's okay! The sight was still… quite a sight!" Father… of course likes the occasional brief chaos of the world. "So, what’s the Prince and the Princess of Vida doing in the west?"

"Well for me, I really just wanted to see my agápi again." Aunt Elenē didn't even mince words, it even made uncle Alaxandair blush.

"And me too!" Uncle Basíleios added.

"But my brother has other reasons, one of them is to meet you! There’s something important that he wanted to discuss-"

"Sister.” Uncle Basíleios suddenly stopped aunt Elenē. “Let's not discuss that now." It was quite shocking as he said it with a serious tone as father was caught off guard again. "We can talk about that tomorrow! Right now, I want to be like Xandair in his youth! I want to be immersed in something foreign! And of course…" Uncle Basíleios wanders to uncle Alaxandair with a very flirtatious smile. "I want to be immersed with Xandair…"

This of course didn't sit well for uncle Alaxandair. "If you want to immerse yourself with something foreign, go to the castle and dance with ONE of the ladies you brought."

"Only one? Xandair… You're not that heartless to make me break a fair maiden's heart right?"

"This is not the land you could command to be hedonistic Basíl, you’re in my domain now, you either follow my rules or you can immerse yourself with Tuath's harsh elements alone."

"...Fine, your more firmer now, I'll give you that! So… how about you dance with me in ther-"

“Brother.” Aunt Elenē interrupted uncle Basíleios again, with an elbow this time though… “I already asked agápi first, you wouldn't dare… steal someone from your precious sister, right? BROTHER?!" Aunt Elenē said in a threatening manner of voice as she interrupted uncle Basíleios by elbowing him.

"No…" Uncle Basíleios sheepishly replied.

"Well then! We've been here long enough, and It's been a long time since we danced together agápi… So, let's go!"

 

And with that enthusiasm from aunt Elenē. Father, uncle Alaxandair and Basíleios went to this very entrance! meeting with the others that have waited for them. Those were Lady Florens, mother and aunt Amadela, Lady Chloé and uncle Pere, and His and Her Majesty.

 

* * *

 

"Wait… you said that the three of us started here, but you're only mentioning Lowell's and Alexios' parents!" Eilinolt asked in confusion.

"As sharp as your ears as always… hahaha, you caught me! You're right, your parents aren't here exactly, but their love story really starts here! it's just not with father and the others…" I replied.

"Then why not tell it too with this story!" One of the ladies said.

"Ohh, my lady… if uncle Arthur heard you, he would be furious, for you have just asked me to taint his love story! No! That love story is as magical as uncle Alaxandair's and aunt Elenē's, it is a story I will tell of course! But it is a story that is best told on its own, without being tied with any other stories!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know you love that story that father always told to the four of us when we all go to bed, we get it! You love it, let's just get back on the story brother!" Lowell impatiently said.

"Okay, okay, let's get back to it then!"

 

* * *

 

Glittering, shining, and dazzling. Even though it was near the dead of the night, somehow this very court where love blooms is always bright.

Maybe because this is the place where love is birthed, maybe because that feeling is very powerful, or maybe because… it’s just a simple spell of a ball of light, that mother and aunt Amadela casted and maintained in the ceiling. But one thing is for sure when aunt Elenē, uncle Basíleios, uncle Pere, Lady Chloé, His and Her Majesty, Lady Florens, and Father, especially father. They were beyond amazed.

Mother and aunt Amadela went to the crowds of Lords and Ladies, as per usual in these kinds of events, giving them blessings, hope, and faith on what they are searching for and yearning here. His and Her Majesty with uncle Pere and Lady Chloé went to the dance floor and enjoyed themselves, but for the father, uncle Alaxandair and Basíleios, Lady Florens, and aunt Elenē, they were instead bombarded by the many lords and ladies that are excited to see them, father and Lady Florens especially.

It was… more or less like how they first arrive here, though, of course, the Lords and Ladies weren’t trying to get a dance with them, it’s more standard socializing and talks of politics, economics, realm, and all the other boring stuff that’s disguised to curry father’s favor. And like how they first arrive as well, they were dragged and separated again from each other.

But aunt Elenē and uncle Alaxandair were weirdly the exceptions, as somehow, someway, uncle Alaxandair could drag her from the crowd and landed quite conveniently on the dance floor.

 

As they were on the edge of the dance floor, hearing the slow and low beat tunes that the group of bards are producing, while seeing the many Lords and Ladies dancing with one another slowly, deeply, and romantically.

Uncle Alaxandair, though was a bit flustered at the sight and realizing he’s holding aunt Elenē’s hands quite firmly, wasn’t really in the mood to dance, but aunt Elenē who has traveled very far away to meet her agápi again wasn’t about to let the opportunity slip from her hand. So, hands already gripped by uncle Alaxandair’s, gripped back as she dragged him to the dance floor.

 

“Let’s go!” Aunt Elenē said with huge enthusiasm towards uncle Alaxandair.

“Wha? No, wait.” Uncle Alaxandair held back.

“What? You scared you’ll fall again like before?” Aunt Elenē jokingly said.

“…no, I am just… not in the moo-”

“You’ve always never been in the mood.” Aunt Elenē tapped his lips. “But there’s one thing I know about you and your moods, it needs to be brought to you!” Aunt Elenē got closer as she laid her hands on uncle Alaxandair’s shoulders.

 

Right there the only thing left was a brief push, a push to make them join the pile of Lords and Ladies that stared at one another with deep longing, slowly, and surely making them fall in love with one another. That push came of course as aunt Elenē slowly and surely moved her feet in tune with the slow beat of the music on the dance floor, it moved uncle Alaxandair a bit as he even took tiny steps.

They continued this slow rhythm they made with their feet to the point it united with the music’s rhythm. Uncle Alaxandair even laid his hands on aunt Elenē’s back as he got even closer to her.

 

“I remembered this… the slow fiddling of the lyre, the gentle steps we took on the floor, our eyes locking with one another, and… hehe, you’re cute, blushing, pretty face… Which, thank the Gods, it’s still the same.” Aunt Elenē said happily.

“And don’t forget, Gregór holding back your brother from interrupting our dance, just this time it’s a bunch of Ladies from Vin that’s holding him back.” Uncle Alaxandair folded to Aunt Elenē as he reminisces with her too.

“Hahaha… I knew my agápi would still remember!” Though aunt Elenē didn’t mean any harm, her saying uncle Alaxandair’s nickname soured his face.

“Stop… no, you know what, why are still calling me that?”

“Because you’re my agápi!” Hearing that, uncle Alaxandair began to reminisce about something else, something that he never wanted to remember again, but… hearing his nickname, brought it all back.

“Then if I really am your love, then what the hell was that in Tebhia?!” He said frustratingly.

Agá- Alax… please be sensible, you know back then I was to be married to him.”

“I know that very, very well. But I know for a fact that you never liked being fooled around, that you even have more power against him yet… tell me, tell me please, why did you let him did it right in front of my eyes? Were my feelings just another plaything for you?”

“…” Aunt Elenē answers were only silence.

“You know, I said you were the only dear friend I made in Vida, it’s of course a lie, I only said that to spite Basíl. But don’t mistake that for me not still being angry with you! Enfer, I am more angrier at you than Basíl when thinking about it. Why? Because I now remembered, he actually apologized after we left Tebhia!”

“…” She kept silent, aunt Elenē didn’t, couldn’t give anything because she was afraid, afraid that she would lose uncle Alaxandair again for giving the wrong words like before.

 

But uncle Alaxandair didn't see it that way, he could only conclude that there was no point in the dance anymore from her silence and... being reminded again of that dreadful day. Uncle Alaxandair left, but… aunt Elenē, the stubborn woman she is, didn’t let go of him.

 

“Let me go Elenē.” Uncle Alaxandair said, really, really, coldly.

“No!” Aunt Elenē began to cling to him.

“Elenē…”

“No… please… I know that I should have said this way back then! I've regretted it ever since that day I let him touch me, I've regretted that I never apologize to you, I've regretted that I never said goodbye to you, and I really, really regretted that I hurt you Alax… please, please… forgive me, please… don’t leave me again…”

“…” Uncle Alaxandair was silent as he heard this, he was still angry about being reminded again of that day, but he couldn’t keep that anger in him for so long, as time does influence this. But the thing that was very effective against his anger wasn’t time, wasn’t his feelings for aunt Elenē, it was her regret.

 

After leaving Vida, uncle Alaxandair was left with many feelings. His love for aunt Elenē and uncle Basíleios, his annoyance towards uncle Basíleios, and the bruised feeling from aunt Elenē’s betrayal. It wrecked him, it’s one of the reasons why he is what he is now. But hearing this, hearing and seeing that she was not only regretful but does fully realize and has suffered for hurting him, made uncle Alaxandair rethink the situation.

He stayed, he went back to her as he dances again with her, even putting back his hands on her back and getting closer and intimate like before.

 

“Alax… I am sorry I hurt, I am sorry that I made you suffer, I-”

“Shhh…” Uncle Alaxandair tapped aunt Elenē’s lips. “I miss you Elenē…”

 

As aunt Elenē heard that, she wept slightly, maybe out of relief, definitely out of guilt. But… one thing is for sure, she was glad that she could be reunited with her dearly beloved, agápi.

 

* * *

 

“Okay, I know for a fact that must be really private for them because they never once told me anything about this!” Alexios noted.

“You’re not wrong cousin! It is private, quite highly probably. But I know this because after badgering mother, she told me everything she knew, and even father filled in some of the blanks on what she remembers!” I explained.

“Huh… I have a feeling this isn’t the only private thing from your story.” He smirked at me.

“As expected for the next King of Vida!” I smirked back.

 

* * *

 

As uncle Alaxandair and aunt Elenē were slow dancing their way to forgive and love one another again, Father, uncle Basíl, and Lady Florens were… still being bombarded by the many lords and ladies in this room.

So, let’s direct our attention to his and her majesty!

They were of course slow dancing like uncle Alaxandair and aunt Elenē, but the fact that they are very much the rudimentary old married couple makes their conversations, simple, sweet, and a bit concerning.

 

“Pere and Alax seems to be having the time of their life… unlike a certain someone here…” His Majesty said vexingly.

“Ohh, I am sorry, last time I check, I am the only one here who's home, who's kingdom! the very place I GREW UP! Is being occupied!!” Her Majesty retaliates.

“Look, I never had a problem with you fully focusing on retaking back what’s yours! But you promised me to put that aside for the night!”

“Did you seriously think I would even dare put that thoughts aside?”

“Ohh! so that’s how it is?! Lying to get me out of your back?”

“No!” Her Majesty took silence for a moment. “Look Kris… I do want to relax, especially with you! But… I can’t just turn off those thoughts! A lot of things are at stake Kris…”

“I know! But it kills me seeing you this stressful, to the point of you even lacking enough sleep!” His Majesty voiced his concerned. “Sof, I really want to help, I want to help you fully on whatever you’re doing with the Lord Pro- Martyn and Lady Chloé! But… I know my limits, I know that I would be a hindrance rather than a help in whatever covert shit you're planning! I can't help you that way, but what I do know is how to make you at ease! So… damn it, woman! You either enjoy this slow dance or so help me Gods, I am going to rush down there with my knights and The Crown's Armeé to retake back what's rightfully yours!”

“You idiot! Hahaha… I already told you, I don’t need your army, yet! Haha…” Her Majesty chuckled from His Majesty’s ‘threat’

“There! right there! Please Sof, keep smiling and laughing like that.” His Majesty begged.

“Yes… you’re right, you really do know how to turn my frown upside down, do you? hehe…”

“Well… that’s what I get for knowing you for 10 years! Hahaha…”

 

While both His and Her Majesty are moving on from their spat to having fun with each other on the dance floor, uncle Pere’s and Lady Chloé’s situation on the other hand… is turning from the best to the worst…

 

“So… do you know whatever happens to the Somurtons? Considering… you know…” Uncle Pere said in a slightly awkward tone.

“I ruined them?” Lady Chloé answered candidly.

“No! I mean… yeah, you ruined them…”

“Well, I’ve never followed up on what happened to them, but I have heard that the eldest son, Godfrey Somurton, joined the Liberator King’s army. Probably in search of glory and honor, or maybe even a land!”

“Huh… so any chance for a huge comeback from them?”

“Not a chance!” Lady Chloé smirkingly scoffed uncle Pere's question. “I've dragged their name to the mud so horribly, that even the King of Dytikós has heard the blunder and humiliation that befell to Eustace 'Lackwit' Somurton, haha…” Lady Chloé chuckled in amusement as she remembers the deeds she has done to Eustace Lackwit.

“Haha…” Though uncle Pere was by all means astonished of  Lady Chloé’s achievement, his laugh was… leaning more on the awkward and nervous side.

 

But the nervousness wasn’t only for the somewhat terrifying notion that Lady Chloé just implanted on uncle Pere, it was too because he just run out of things to talk about.

Father at that time has pretty much given a huge pad on his back to chase the very person he idolize. Uncle Pere has had feelings of adoration ever since he heard the tale of the Crow of Diamant, from her single-handedly tearing down a well establish estalion noble house by her own, to her being the next Maître of Whispers.

It was something magical for uncle Pere when he got to meet Lady Chloé in Londini, words can’t ever describe how it feels to meet a legend after all! But something else grew when they were on the journey to Tuath. That growing feeling he got was when they were rescuing Pawl the Lobo’s wife, where, out of thin air, Lady Chloé appeared from the ceilings of an old decrepit castle’s court, flicking a huge fireball out of thin air, to save her comrades.

That sight, the sight of her fight, one to one against the notorious inhuman Mage, Aedhyn le Sireadh, fell him into this pit called love.

 

And now… seeing as they’re slow dancing silently, made him dread on what to do now. He wants to impress her, he wants to show that he is capable of something greater, or at least he wants her to notice the potential he has. But… well, at that time, he was still a 15-year-old boy who only have tasted a couple of skirmishes on the border, it’s a worthful note, but not something really impressive.

So… he wallowed a bit, while still using his brain to think of something more, something that could strike another conversation to impress Lady Chloé. And as he was mining his brain for something good, he remembers two nights ago, the night… where he was blasted drunk with father, His Majesty, uncle Alaxandair, and uncle Arthur.

It was a bit murky, some words are cut off here and there, but he remembered the important part of that memory.

 

“Per… you should take the chance when you get it!!! You’ve always been the cool silent man and it attracts a lot of ladies! But you, you… never took the goddamn chance! I swear to the Gods, if you actually notice, you would have lost your virginity at 13, 12, or maybe even at 10!!!”

 

Those… somewhat wise words came from His Majesty, though of course, the virginity part was horrendous, what His Majesty told to uncle Pere about taking the chance was wise.

So, uncle Pere chinned up, set his mind straight, and reach to the goal he wanted.

 

“Lady Chloé! There’s… something very important that I should’ve said before!” He said as confident as a lion.

“That you’re in love with me?” And… that confidence went straight to the gutters.

“Wha?! I, Ehh… h-how do you?”

“Sir Pere, I am the invisible pairs of eyes and ears of the crown, I must ensure that His Royal Highness and the Lord Protector know that they can hear and see everything, one of which… is the drunkard ramblings that the five of you Lords, on His Grace’s balcony, talked about.”

“Ohh… so then…”

“I am sorry Sir Pere, I have already belonged to someone else as he too has already belonged to me.” Lady Chloé said awkwardly.

“Ohh……” It was a big defeated ohh, as… well, a big hole just formed in uncle Pere’s chest. “Well… I hope you’ll always be happy with him! I’ll... also be taking my leave.”

“Thank you and I understand Sir Pere.”

 

Though I said love blooms here, I never said love thickens here. One way or another, many Lords and Ladies that may feel something blooming inside them, might mess up the thickening part, they might have said something wrong, done something humiliating, is just plain horrible, or… that the love in their hearts and minds, just wasn’t for the one they’ve met here.

But there are those who prevailed, who waited, who held back for now. Those people are of course a bit unhinged to didn’t get the memo, but their tenacity is still something worthwhile to learn from.

 

“Our mothers are one of them Lowie! They waited quite a long time, but in time, father loved them as he loved Lady Florens!”

 

* * *

 

After I finally swam out again, again!!! From those pesky, sweat-filled river of nobles, I could finally breathe again and do the thing! The only damn thing I wanted to do with Eleanna here!

Once I saw her, still talking to those pesky nobles! I could see in her eyes that she wanted to get out, so! I rushed to her and rescued her from those nuisance.

 

“Okay! Okay… damn… finally!” I said exhaustingly.

“Yeah… finally, ahh…” Eleanna said in relief. “Like… Jesus Christ, you remembered Jeff and the support group right?”

“Ohh I remembered, I remembered that shit very much! They yap on and on like a goddamn woodpecker! If it weren't for them being the background support group, I would have tackled him in no time!”

“Hahaha… yeah… well at least we’re free now, and… We’re, near the dance floor! So…”

“Queen of Threads, may have this dance?” I said as posh as possible.

“It’s would be an honor, Lord Protector!” She smiled as she grabbed my hand.

 

As we entered the floor, we stepped to the floor gently. She laid all her arms on my shoulders as I laid mine on her back, I could feel the gentle air we were exchanging for being so up close, I could feel even her warmth, her scent, her rosy soothing scent. It was intoxicating, to say the least, but… none of it was like looking at her.

I was already fully entranced by Eleanna’s very nature, but… seeing her eyes, falling deep into her sweet honey brown eyes, I just… love her…

 

I love her, I really love her. I love the way she smiles, I love how smart and quick she is, I love how she can turn into a cute tsundere sometimes, and I love that underneath the cold façade, she is a caring and loving person.

I can’t stress enough how glad and grateful that she is willing to rebuild me, how she was always there for me, and I… I really, really, really love that she loves me.

 

Every time I see her face, I always wanted to hug her, to cling to her. I want to hear everything she has to do, she has done, she is about to do, everything! I just want to be with her and being this close, this intimate! I… couldn’t help but to drop my lips again to hers.

 

“Martyn…” She smiled. “You’re one smoochy boyfriend you know that!” She chuckled.

“In my defense, your lips were staring at mine!” I chuckled too with her.

 

We then kissed again as we dance slowly with one another to the calm music that the lyre and violin is making.

 

I really love you Eleanna, I can’t and won’t stop loving you! So please, please… please understand when I tell you the truth about what really happened to our friend, Anne.

0