Chapter 27 : Never a Game, But Still is a Fantasy
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was lazing around in this bed of a thousand feather ducks, enjoying the softness the warmth too from the blanket that covers me, and also my room’s dark ambience that comforts my sleeping eyes.

Though sadly, the enjoyment was short-lived as I heard footsteps in my room. Rustling around making loud and annoying sounds, it even gotten more louder when it came near my bed.

I know for sure this was intentional and it made me more sure, as that loud person yanked off my blanket.

It left me vulnerable, to the shimmering light that are trying to seep into my room and blind my closed eyes and the cold air that flows in my room as I felt my body, my breast, my long hair, and my face being blasted with the said cold air.

 

“Ehh….” I grumbled, not wanting to open my eyes, as I knew who and why that person yanked my blanket off from me.

 

She stared at me with a huge hint of disappointment, but also of a caring stare.

But not wanting to waste any more time, she went to the windows and pulled the curtains off. Flooding my room with the sun’s light.

 

“Ughh….” I grumbled more loudly, trying to tell her that I still want 10 more minutes of sleep.

“Julia, come now, wake up!” She then went to me, even to the point of pulling me up. “Wakey, wakey, my lady! Today is a busy day you know!”

“Uhhh… 10 more minutes Jeanne…” As soon as she let go of me, I slumped back down to my bed, grabbing the nearest pillow and hug it while trying to enter back my dreamworld.

“Hey! Don’t you dare go back to sleep!” She let out a slightly angry tone.

“Make me…”

“Ohh! okay then…”

 

Hearing her eager respond, I knew what she was about to do…

She… went into bed with me, made contact with my half naked self then… slowly, though a bit nicely, caressed my arms.

She didn't stop there as I could feel her soft thighs, crawling slowly, softly to my privates.

The final straw was her breathing slowly and warmly to my back, my neck, and then… my ear…

 

“Okay! Okay… I’m awake…”

“Good!” She rose quickly from my bed and prepared my clothing for the day.

“Ughh… you do know I could ask father to hang you for what you just did.” I threaten her.

“Then why haven’t you?” She smirked at me.

“…” I grumbled slightly, a bit annoyed, but her comment made me chuckled in the end. “Okay, what classes I have for today?”

 

After asking, I went to her while stripping myself naked. She then dressed me layer per layer with the dress for today while giving me its rundown.

 

“For the morning, you have history, learning about the Early Krone Kings, then after, stewardship, which I hope you pay attention my lady! Your father gave you land and estates for a reason!”

“Yeah, yeah…” I dismissed her, I already know the importance of the classes for the deal I made with father. “Afternoon classes?”

 

Jeanne didn't answer right away, as she first made me sit on a chair to brush and groom my long blonde hair.

 

“Only Music Class.” She finally answered.

“Right! Violin lessons… can I skip it?”

“My lady!”

“I already know how to play the violin! Much, much more better than those who are taking the Music class.”

“Yes, I know, I’ve heard your recital after all, but it’s an opportunity for my lady to befriend and connect with the other ladies of the Académie!”

“Ughh… befriend? You jest Jeanne, why would I befriend any of those women of no significance?” I asked with disgusted tone.

“Because you’re also a woman of no significance my lady.” She gave a somewhat harsh half-truth.

“Father is a Norbionac Baron Jeanne!”

“A Baron is still a Baron my lady, even if one has more privilege than their southern peers.”

“…” I stayed silent, as what she said was true. “But still, no! I don’t see the worth of carousing with them!”

“Then how about His Royal Highness?” Renaud near my room’s door, said.

“Prince Kristof… is coming to the Académie?” I was staggered for a moment.

“More like, becoming a student of the Académie, my lady!” And… my heart skipped a beat.

“But how? Why? What changed his mind about formal education?”

“The looming war down south my lady.”

“Ohh my…” I was slightly shocked at this piece of, I hope so, rumor.

“Yes. My friends in the royal court has pretty much confirmed the council members are preparing for the worst down south.”

“And because of this, they don’t have enough time to tutor our Prince, yes?”

“Yes, my lady!”

 

Hearing this, hearing the thing that I have wanted to hear for a very long time… made me happy, made me realize I could do what I have wanted to do the most in the Académie… in this world…

 

“But wait… His Royal Highness is taking music classes?” I was confused at this part.

“Curious right? It’s most likely Her Majesty the Queen wants to put a little culture to our White Prince.”

 

* * *

 

The sun was still near the west, History class with Professor Howards is finish, and I was heading to my next class, with Jeanne carrying books and notes for my classes.

But I didn’t go to my next class right away as I stalled not far away for moment, this is because I missed my chanced to meet Prince Kristof in the morning.

But this time I might get the chance, Renaud has informed me that he would be taking the Stewardship class I’ll be taking.

So, I bided my time and it paid off as I saw him, guarded in all corners by his personal knights, with… of course his fiancée near him… Sofía Lucía Sara d'Silvaque… the hindrance and the ‘villainess’ to my story.

 

Seeing the opportunity right in front of me I went in and as I predicted, he would notice me.

 

“Lady Juliana! I knew I would meet you here!” Prince Kristof was delighted at my sight.

“My Prince… it is an honor to be remembered by you…” I appreciated his remembrance of me.

“Ahh, don’t be like that! You are an honorful person Lady Juliana, especially among those idiots in my 12th name day party!”

“Thank you, my Prince.”

“Don’t mention it! Also, this is my fiancée! Princess Sofía Lucía Sara d'Silvaque of Silvaque! And… I have told you of Lady Juliana de Beauterre, right Sof?”

“Not extensively but it is a pleasure to finally meet the Lady, that made my Kristof bear his 12th name day party, haha…” She, Sofía, chuckled.

“Thank you Princess, but It is more my pleasure to meet you, Your Royal Highness!” I bowed slightly before her.

“No! The pleasure is all mine to finally be able to meet people Kristof speaks highly of.” She out praised me and more with how she extended her hand to me, where… I saw an opportunity in the making.

 

There’s one thing I and the people around me know about their engagement, one thing they themselves even harbour in their mind.

The lords and ladies of Albion do not approve and see it in a favourable light. After all, Sofía is a Justan, we Albionese are always wary of them, due in part because of their justified hatred against us.

The gravitas that surrounds them, surrounds Sofía, is very obvious and I could use it to discredit her. I could paint the picture I want of her, the Villainess Crown Princess.

How? with the many opportunities from here and on.

This time, in this very hall where our peers’ eyes are locked into us and her giving a hand for me to shake, can be utilize to stroke the first paint.

 

“Oww…” I pulled my hand so quickly, as if I was avoiding pain itself.

“What’s wrong Lady Juliana?” And expected, Prince Kristof came to my ‘aid’

“It’s…” I paused, used the moment of tension to make it seem I was going to say something important, but I didn’t say anything, I kept my mouth shut.

 

The paint I stroke is there now, people will now assume, theorize, and convinced down the line of what they just saw now in my interaction with Sofía.

A Low Nobility Lady being attacked by a Powerful Crown Princess, out of what? spite might be, jealousy is a valid candidate, whatever it is, the crowd will gossip and do my bidding to discredit her.

 

“Nothing… I just, cramped my hand.”

“Ohh! Here, let me see, I know a thing or two about cramped muscles.” But… I didn’t expect this part of him… is he… no… Prince Kristof is just nice.

 

Which is the very reason why I chose him, because underneath the arrogant and prideful nature, he’s a somewhat prince charming.

I mean, He leads his own retinue, is active on seeing the world fraction by fraction, can cook though… only simple stuff like stews, and… quite the nondependent person on servants for a Prince.

 

“Kristof… I think we should join your class, I just saw your Professor Becker coming behind us.”

“Ohh! alright then, see you in class Lady Juliana!” He waved me goodbye as he and Sofía went to class.

 

I followed them suite too as it is still my class, where in there I saw them already seated for class, front row,, go figure, and… Prince Kristof invited to sit with me.

I kind of half expecting it, but I know the limits, I still remember what Jeanne beside me said.

I am still a Baron’s daughter.

So, I politely declined and sat in the back rows, though not that far as I don’t want to slight Prince Kristof. After that, with Professor Becker finally inside class, we learn.

 

* * *

 

Noon passed and I was reviewing what I just learned from the morning, making sense of it all.

But other than academic stuff, I still kept my eyes on Prince Kristof, heck… we’re even eating our afternoon lunch together in the Académie’s park.

 

“Ladies, I’m taking a leave for a couple of minutes, need to take out a number 2.” His Royal Highness, used a… very familiar term from my original world.

“Number 2?” Rightfully, Sofía was confused.

“A Leek, Sof.” And… well… ye ask and ye shall receive.

“Ohh! Alright then.”

 

And so… Prince Kristof left me with his fiancée, the girl that I want to destroy.

An opportunity opened here, I could saw many scenarios, many… cliche otome scenarios I’ve seen to my advantage. Heck I could just drop the facade right here and now to make her paranoid of me, fuelling her own downfalll.

But… many eyes are still in front of us, most of them are our peers, but one belonged to one of Prince Kristof’s knights.

 

“So… how did you really met Kristof?” Sofía asked.

“On his 12th name day’s party, Your Royal Highness.” I answered.

“No, I meant, how did you grab his attention?” Her tone… was rightfully suspicious of me.

“Ohh… well… as you know, when a low noble girl has more class and refinement that high nobles, It would certainly grabbed His Royal Highness’ attention.”

“Hmm…” She mumbled.

“How about Your Royal Highness? How did you meet our White Prince?” I asked.

“He… well… as you know we are promised to each other by our parents, a marriage of political convenience your peers might see!” She said. “But our love is true, much more stronger, much more resilient, much more… powerful than what you-r peers believes.”

“I don’t doubt that!” I gave a fake smile to her statement.

“Indeed, you shouldn’t doubt that.” And that tone, I know between the lines she’s trying scare me off, but… haha… she has no power here.

 

I’ve already expected it, sooner or later, my spontaneous plots would be noticed by her.

And I’m prepared for it of course, as this is still going according to my plan.

 

“Ladies! Sorry, that took a while.” Prince Kristof, finally came back.

“It’s okay Kris! Come here!” And… I can see her paranoia is setting in, as she just candidly marked her territory on Kristof in front of me, by pulling him down to her and even holding his arm quite tightly around her abysmal chest.

 

* * *

 

The day was long, but it wasn’t dreadful, busy is the right word.

The plan was still going smoothly, I did a couple more questionable and rumour material actions with Sofía in front of my peers. The only problem here would be when I could see the result, this might take weeks, years even.

Honestly, when I think about it this made me slightly dreary, impatient even as I want to see my results much more quickly. I could… technically fasten the result by just… justifying her paranoia against me.

And it might work wonders, as per again the gravitas she has, give me the advantage here. The words, the rumours, the support too of course will be towards me.

 

The very thought is intoxicating, the justification and chances of this for me is even on my side.

 

Should I? Yeah, Fuck it!

 

So… before I entered my last class of the day, I took her off Prince Kristof, off from his knights.

I gave shallow but quite private reasons on why I'm borrowing his fiancée as after that, I took her to a somewhat secluded place and…

 

"You’re here to confess d'Beauterre?" She knows what’s up.

"Haha… well saying my grand plan to you would give you a head start, but… I'll confirm this, you should be wary, I am after your Prince and every single one of his subjects would prefer me over you, over a Justan!" My god… can't believe I'm speaking like a villainess… ohh well, at least I will be a Villainess in Heroine's clothing, hehe…

"You… you don't know who you're up against, are you?" She… was weirdly condescending about this.

"Ohh but I do, I know your story, I know why you're the Crown Princess, I know exactly that I can take you, I mean the fact you tried to mark your territory is just so pathetic, slightly cute I gave this, but still pathetic."

"..." no response… well that's fine, I don't need her response.

"Well then, I have a class to take and of course a Prince, good luck d'Silvaque."

 

I left her, left with a delightful grin in my face as I know now that I am winning this game, this fantasy I made.

I do feel slightly sorry for her, as her love towards Kristof is quite genuine. But fuck that, she should know by now, it's a dog-eat-dog world.

And I am going to get my fantasy story.

 

* * *

 

One memorable thing that I have felt when dating Alice is the eyes of jealous women, eyes that are pretty much filled with what-ifs on dating me. The fantasy of having me as their boyfriend.

But of course, those are just fantasies, mere thoughts of escapism that they have a right on thinking.

Now if they enact on it… that's a whole other story. Thankfully I never once have those… or what Sofía is currently having, luck is a factor, but honestly, Alice is the one that made sure those fantasies stays as fantasies.

 

"So… is she just obsessed with Kristof or a gold digger?" I asked Sofía.

"Gold digger Art, nothing more nothing less."

"Hmm…" Sofía pondered for a moment. "What should I do?"

"Honestly, I don't quite know, she's not afraid of your status and she is actually using your status against you. The only way that would actually deter her, is if we just tell Prince Kristof!" Eleanna gave her two cents.

"Kristof… wouldn't believe us, he has high opinions of her."

"More than the woman he loves?"

"...either way it would be too hard, and I am very sure she wants me to make this into an unmalleable drama by telling Kristof about her."

"Well… there's always His and Her Majesty!"

"El, that's like using a gun to push a nail!" I said to El.

"Martyn then?"

"That's worse! you're literally bringing a nuke now!"

"Then what, Art? I'm kind of running out of ideas here!"

"Why not blackmail her to stop?" Jumque came out of Eleanna's scarf. "That thing you've shown me before, your… phone! You said it can record voices right, Eleanna?"

"Yeah… yeah, yeah!"

 

And so, with the help of modern technology from another world, we could end this trouble in the blink of an eye.

 

* * *

 

Me and Eleanna were waiting on the hallway, waiting for Princess Sofía to finish recording all the incriminating stuff this Lady Juliana d’Beauterre is currently spilling towards her.

It wasn't long of course as an unfazed and quite the confident Princess Sofía came to us with Eleanna's phone, ready to be heard and reviewed, then used to intimidate her to stop.

 

We listen to it, we listen to the… wow… that girl really wasn't pulling any punches, quite psychotic even as I don't feel any sense of guilt in her tone… she was… wow… quite familiar.

Something on how she speaks of her goal, speaks of her… wants… makes me feel a bit familiar, Deja vu level even.

And… it then clicked on me.

Her tone, her mannerisms, her… everything.

This isn't any ordinary girl, this is a delusional girl, yes, but… a delusion that she knows and made very well.

And I know one girl, one fuckin girl that can and will talk and think like this.

 

"Alright! I'll go to her and end this!" Eleanna said, but I stopped her.

"El… give me the phone, I need… to hear it again."

"Okay, but hurry up!"

 

She then gave it to me and I quickly deleted it.

 

"Art?! The hell are you doing!!!" El was of course mad at my actions.

"Princess Sofía, I know this might seem out of nowhere, but… can you forgive her?"

"You know her?" Princess Sofía asked.

"Yes… I hope, please, she's not a bad kid, she's just too over the top and a bit psychotic, but most likely she might think this world might be, or even is a game!”

"What are you getting Art?" Eleanna was confused.

"Look I'll talk to her, you two don't need to worry about this."

 

I left them after that, with a state of mind eerily similar to when she, Juliana, Jill… almost did to Eleanna's and Martyn's relationship.

 

* * *

 

School was over, Eleanna and the others are already back in Castle Krone, while I… waited near the Académie's front gate, waiting for Jill.

She eventually appears, with her maid and knight right beside her. Talking quite cordially, quite… blissfully, knowing that she is doing what she almost did to Eleanna and Martyn.

I didn't waste any more time as I went and confront her.

 

"Sir Arthur, it is an honor to be approached by-"

"I don’t know how you got here, but I know it’s you Jill!” I cut her off.

"I think… you’re confusing me with another Lady, Sir Arthur!” She said in a very convincing confused tone and manner.

“Playing hard ball? Fine then, I’ll just tell Martyn about how you almost sabotage his relationship with Eleanna!” And as I said that… I saw a shocked face, I saw the very face that gives me the confirmation of who she is. “Still playing hard ball? Okay then!”

 

I took a step back and her hand quickly grabbed my clothes.

 

“You guys… can go to the apartment ahead...” She said to her servants.

“…” The maid stayed silent.

“If… you wish for it, My Lady…” And the knight answered.

 

After that they left, leaving us with an awkward silence.

 

“So… you think this world is an otome game, right?”

"No… I already know it’s not because you, Eleanna, and Martyn are here. But… if it was, I wouldn't need to be the villainess."

"..." I kept silent but was quite surprised that she thinks that this world is real and not a game.

"Then… we're good?"

"What? No! The hell is wrong with you Jill?! You promised me that you wouldn’t mess up someone's relationship! Fuckin hell, I even gave you my assets just to make you keep the promise!”

“Yeah… hahaha…”

“This isn’t funny Jill! Kristof does have high opinions of you and you're using it without a second thought of what Kristof would feel! Just like with Martyn!”

“...” She’s rubbing her hands now, I can see that I’m getting to her. “Look… I just want to…”

“Play around? manipulate people? just because this isn’t your original world? Or is it because you’re finally admitting you are an unfeeling psycho?!”

“No! no… I…”

“What then Jill?!”

“I…”

 

We stayed silent for a moment, with Jill feeling fully embarrassed of what she has done and me… hot headed because of what she did.

 

“You know I was glad and proud even that you stopped and just try to be normal with Martyn! No manipulation tactics, no stupid otome level plots, just honest opinions, and great amount of effort to get close with him!”

“...” She was still embarrassed.

“Jill, look, just stop whatever you are doing, this won’t end well and you know it. Also, you’re safe for now, I’ve deleted the recording that would’ve incriminate you and I also made Princess Sofía turn the other cheek. Don’t squander it, Jill.” I said to her. “And yes, I’ll go back and keep my mouth shut about your attempted sabotage.”

 

After that I left, I need some rest after all. But I was still mad, still in disbelief she would dive down to this messy part of her again.

But… I do still have hope for her, she has proven that she can improve, she can definitely prove it again.

 

* * *

 

I was sitting in the backrow of the class, about to learn stewardship again… but this time… I sat alone, I sat on the isolated parts of the class and… contemplated.

Arthur was right… what I did was wrong. But I… I just want to have what I want! I never once got what I wanted… even when I tried my hardest, even when I fulfilled every arbitrary points, even when I played the role of the good girl…

I mean… this is still a fantasy! a fantasy world where I can fulfil my dreams! my desires! I still want to have my otome story, my… prince charming…

 

“Now this is a familiar sight.” Arthur… suddenly came. “Got room for one more?”

“Yeah, sure…”

 

After Arthur sat down with me, there was a brief moment of silence between us, more or less because of yesterday.

I… want to say sorry to him, say I was wrong, say he was right.

But… then I saw his face… I saw the face that would perfectly encapsulate the main protagonist of my first comic… His blue eyes, chiselled jaws, his… soft yet firm face…

 

“Don’t even think about it Jill, I’m already eyeing someone here.” And… well… my wishful thinking got the better of me.

“Wait… you’re finally moving on from Caitlin?” I asked.

“No… I don’t think I can move one from being NTR’d.”

“Haha…” I remembered this… I remembered how much of a nerd he is.

“But… I’m not denying my feelings either, as I am falling very hard to her.” With a smile, Arthur admits.

“Huh… Who’s the lucky Lady?”

“Ioctoria le Rath de Caisoleán!”

“Figures… always going for the redheads.”

“You know me! Haha…”

“Haha…”

 

We exchanged laugh there for a moment and I remembered more of the laugh we used to share together, either from stupid otaku stuff or just plain stupid stuff.

 

“Jill… do you still like Martyn?” Arthur asked out of nowhere.

“More than like, I love him.”

“Love?!” He was surprised.

“Yes, even after graduating, dating some people, getting married, and even dying in peace with five grandchildren… I still love him, so, so, so… much.”

“But… why? He’s… Martyn!”

“Exactly! he’s… Martyn, there are people like him, but… none could really be him… I mean for Christ sakes he knocked some sense to Anne’s mom and even my dad!”

“He did?”

“Yeah… I mean you were there! You caught my drawing tablet that dad almost thrown, Martyn kicked him in the nuts and… well… he spilled everything, every single thing that made dad changed his mind about the path I wanted for the future…”

“Wow… I mean that’s not us, future us probably! But wow…”

“Well, future or not, I am grateful to the both of you, I got to live the life I choose, and... I realize my feelings were love for Martyn.”

“Hmm…”

“Mind telling me why you’re asking me this?”

“Just checking and… let’s just wait for the future.”

“Hmm…” I silently mumbled. “And by the way Art, I still have the sketches and even the comic that were based on you, you know!” I playfully smirked at him.

“You what?!” Arthur was sweating cold. “H-how? and WHY?!”

“Hahaha… don’t worry, I won’t show it to Lady de Caisolean if you're wondering or… should I? It might work wonders to woo her, hehe…”

“JILL!!!”

0