Chapter 31 : The Golden Boy
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was yellow with no clouds in the sky, It was very clear, very pristine. That very image of clearness gave me the room for this new big beating heart I’m feeling, this very thing that Ioctoria gave to me yesterday.

I feel invincible, I feel proud, I feel… warm. Nothing was getting in my way and I feel it every step of the way, as itself shows on this very day.

 

The morning in the Académie was like any ordinary days, nothing out of the blue or the ordinary, just the usual with everyone getting by for the day to increase their daily knowledge.

But that aura change, of course because of me, who walked with such confidence and a big smile in my face that every people that pass us, could see it.

I greet them, showing, sharing to certain extent even, of the warmness I’m feeling for today.

Some smile back, some even wave with enthusiasm, hell… some with frowns even made a smirk on their face.

But nonetheless, I want to them to feel this powering feeling, this shining tenderness.

 

In the halls it wasn’t so different too, some smiles here, some smirks there, and of course my favourite, girls giggling to the charm I’m exuding.

And it wasn’t only them, meeting de Maignory and Ioctoria on the way, I could see the liven up nature they are feeling after seeing my shine.

Though… the streak broke when it comes to Theo.

 

“Jesus Christ dude, you’re not Jesus Christ, turn off your damn halo!” Theo… well… it’s another trademark nature of him to just shut off my streak of positive vibes.

“Ohh come now Téodor! It’s quite the sight to see Svard shining like this! And I feel… this is something you haven’t done for a long time, isn’t it? Svard?” de Maignory was spot on. 

“That’s an exaggeration! And even if this is something you haven’t done for a long time, why would you suddenly turned it… off… Ohh yeah!” Theo realizes. “Caitlin really did fuck you up, huh? Hahaha…” And… he soured my mood.

“Hmm…” I grumbled angrily.

“Sorry, sorry.” He apologized. “Okay fine, I’ll admit it, it is nice to be shined by the Golden Boy’s rays once in a while.”

“Golden Boy… one enfer of an epithet Svard! Fitting even!” De Maignory praised.

“Ahh… you’re blushing me, de Maignory!” I thank his compliment.

“By the way, where’s Eleanna?” Ioctoria spoke up.

“El? I… well… she’s avoiding me for now…” I… I don’t really want to tell Ioctoria about what I did to Eleanna yesterday.

“Why?”

“I… well…”

“She kissed Eleanna.” And Theo spilled the bean.

“WHAT?! I mean, what?” I could hear the sudden break of her shocked tone being change into a more mature one.

“NO! it’s not like that… I kissed her in the cheeks by the request of the Sorcièrante! Nothing romantic, I swear!” I was in full panic mode.

“Really?” I could hear Ioctoria’s disgruntled and… ehh… jealous… tone… huh…

“I swear to your God! I was just delivering a message!”

“Really?” And Theo was curious at what message that is. “So, tell us then! Why would the Sorcièrante want to kiss Eleanna?”

“I… have a huge hunch of why that is, but… I can’t and don’t really want to jinx it, cause if it’s true… Eleanna might get to meet the one person, she always wanted to meet in her life!”

“The one person… Eleanna wanted to meet in her life? Ohh!!!” Theo quickly realizes who I meant. “Yeah… let’s not jinx it!”

“Who is this person? Who is the Sorcièrante to Eleanna?!” Ioctoria was super confused.

“It’s best you know less for now de Caisoleán, and besides! From how close you two are becoming, you’ll put two and two together when she tells you what she truly wants in her life!”

 

After that brief gathering, we went our separate ways as Ioctoria and Theo, went to their Magic Class.

Me and de Maignory on the other hand, have stewardship class. The class was like the usual, with some already preparing for the lesson of the day, while some just chatting with one another, trying to pass the time.

But… the aura and pace changed when I arrived.

I’ll admit first, I feel a bit full of myself by stating this, but the fact that they tilt their head instantaneously towards me, when my foot stepped in the room, I can’t help but… well… just be full of myself!

 

It was and will still for the foreseeable future be a great feeling, people noticing you, seeing the shine from your back, and some even flogging towards you. It’s intoxicating by all means and I have gone drunk, once or twice, on that state.

Hence why I try to be more aware of this state. But again… holy shit… I just love it that they are interested in me.

 

“Lord Svard! Are you going to join the mock joust this afternoon?” One of the ladies that came to me, asked.

“The afternoon joust… It sounds interesting, de Maignory even suggested it to me, but… I’ll pass it for the mock melee! I’m not that good of a horseman.”

 

Well not yet at least, I’m still a newbie in training and adding a big stick to it won’t help me in any way.

 

Soon after talking with some of the ladies there, the class started and it went back to normal. All of them, including me, changed our focus to the class and absorb every single moment from it with no waste.

 

* * *

 

It was a good afternoon with a sun that’s not scorching hot, breezy air, and partial clouds in the sky. The mock tourney the Académie held was going very smoothly.

The joust match was still ongoing and as expected… I don’t really get the excitement. I mean sure… it’s pretty much a duel of horsemanship between two knights, but other than that? It’s like seeing two cars slightly graze each other, over and over again.

Now the real, in my opinion, duel that makes sense to fill one’s excitement and dopamine, is the melee!

 

Down on the ground! standing on top of the earth itself with your very own legs! With hands also, clenching on your weapon of choice that will determine whether you fall to the dirt or rise on top of your defeated foe.

That’s… the one that piqued my interest, that I see as something worth to be loud about. As you’ll see people who participate on those, are people that will fully use their body, their mind, their wits! To achieve victory.

 

But for now… I’m contently enjoying the joust, even if slightly puzzled with the excitement, I enjoy what there is to enjoy from it.

And in my case, it was actually seeing de Maignory unhorsing our peers left and right.

 

It wasn’t that of a surprise as in martial class, de Maignory has shown himself to be a gifted horseman. From how advanced his riding knowledge are, to tricks and gimmicks, and also his family’s history.

From what I’ve learned enough, the de Maignory family are a knight family that answer straight to the crown. Though… that record of them being solely a noble of the sword is quite new, a couple of generations new even.

But a couple of generations of that resulted to de Maignory I say, a young noble that has a bright future as a cavalry lieutenant or might even be a cavalry captain from the start or… a glorified bodyguard under Prince Kristof.

There’s still of course mine and Martyn’s project, but… Theo does have a point. The likeliness of our project becoming like the praetorian guards and such, is very likely.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen! May your attention be directed to my left, as I give you the Knight that has unhorse many of our peers! Charles de Maignory!” The announcer praised. “Now direct your attention to my right, as His Royal Highness, Prince Kristof Clovis Krone, will humble the newcomer!”

 

Decked from top to bottom with the finest and expensive armor and horse a prince could buy, he came in on horseback to joust against de Maignory.

It was weirdly nerve recking for me, not the joust of course, just the two of them. I’ve seen first-hand of their skills, of what they are able to do, and seeing them going toe to toe to prove who’s the better horseman, is… quite intriguing.

I would say they are equal, to a certain extent, as de Maignory came from a family of knights and Prince Kristof is trained by the best horseman he could afford, while also having a more sharpen riding skill.

More or less came in part, due to his short adventures and wild rides in the forest.

But of course, to a certain extent, Prince Kristof quality of horse and equipment is beyond what de Maignory has. It’s not shabby and cheap, after all its specially made for de Maignory, but compared to what Prince Kristof has and his bottom line, it can be seen as one.

 

After the brief opening, there was a bit of a lull. A deafening silence that builds this suspenseful atmosphere, a kin to two swordsmen that are waiting for one to strike.

The strike came when hooves trampled the ground and cheering of the crowds shook the field.

The strike would then reached its climax when both de Maignory and Prince Kristof was about to hit their lances towards each other’s shield.

But a funny a thing happens!

Their momentum, speed, skill too I might add, didn’t leave one on the top. As the two of them, unhorsed each other!

 

It was surprising, breath-taking, and very much nerve-racking. But they came out unscathed, no major injuries or bruises, just huge respect and slight humor to one another, as they bested each other.

Due to this, and more or less this being the last jousting match, we moved on to the melee where I can now show what I’ve learned and trained for months.

While also determining between de Maignory and Prince Kristof, on who’s the best.

 

“Art! You’re up, right?” Theo with Nelins beside him, finally came.

“Yep! You’re betting on me winning right?” I jokingly asked him.

“My money is on our Prince, but yeah, I put some on you.”

“Your lost, haha!”

“But by the way, is that really your armor set?” Theo asked confusingly, which I understand as the armor set I am wearing is fit for any ordinary knight, not for a second hero.

“Yeah, my set is still being made and I’m borrowing one from the crown’s armory that fits with me.”

“Ahh! Well… good hunting!”

“Thanks!”

 

As my brief talk with Theo end, I went straight to the armor set with one of Prince Kristof’s servant that’s going to help me get into that tank.

After that, I grabbed my greatsword and was about to go into the field and unleash everything I had in stored.

 

My first opponent was a knight from Vin, a noble of the robe that is trying to prove his manhood by the sword.

Laughably, it was super easy. From his stance and form, I knew he was just starting out.

 

Then after I got more of a challenge this time, a real noble of the sword as he is a knight from Sur.

It was quite the fight I say, we exchange blows left and right, dodging steel time after time, and just trying to one up each other. Thankfully I had the advantage due in part because of his armor set.

His set was heavy, quite bulky even as every part of him is covered by steel. Me on the other hand have some exposed parts that are only covered by chainmail, but because of it I have speed on my side.

Which I took advantage of it when he made a careless strike against me, where I promptly rushed to him, pushed him down, and point the end of my sword against the slits of his helmet.

 

With my second opponent felled, I went on to the semi-finals of this mock tourney and was up against the Prince himself.

I’ve beaten him once, but that was just in training, this time there are more at stake for him as the Prince of Albion.

Though yes it still is just a mock tourney, but many eyes are watching us, our prowess, skill, and even name are on stake due to this.

And Prince Kristof knows this very well, as he isn’t going to give me any leeway nor forgiveness in the fight.

Nor me am I going to give it too.

 

We went to our positions, with our eyes’ stuck staring one another, heavy breaths all around, and muscles ready to make the first strike.

Prince Kristof was wielding a combo of a short knight sword and a jousting shield that has his coat of arms, the Crowned Red Lion. I knew right away that with enough force, I could overwhelm him with my greatsword, his body and frame is smaller compared to mine after all.

And I went with that plan, like a brute with a big stick, I swing my greatsword straight ahead towards him and… it was taken advantage by him.

 

“Playing the Brute? I’ve taught you much more better Sir Arthur!” Prince Kristof… had a point.

 

It might have been because the Goliath and David situation going on in the field, but either way, I underestimated him and was about to receive the punishment.

That came in form with Prince Kristof, after swiftly dodging my attack, using his shield to bash my left arm. The hit was very disorienting, and he took advantage of it more by swinging his sword towards the weak points of my arm.

But thankfully my mind came back online in the nick of time, as I blocked that attack and quickly countering with a swing against him.

Prince Kristof was taken aback at my quick recovery, but the counter attack I made was very transparent for him as he quickly raises his shield, but not to block though, it was to redirect.

My attack that should have just stopped, was instead redirected to the ground, disorienting me yet again and putting me in a vulnerable state, that this time… I can’t remedy.

Our White Prince more or less ended the fight, with a couple of quick bashes, with the pommel of his sword, towards my face covered helmet.

 

Already exhausted from the previous two fights, the back and forth with Prince Kristof, and now the bashes… I fell down to the ground and yielded.

It was frustrating, but… I am against a kid that’s been trained to kill from birth, it was a huge gap, but not something I can’t reach it in the future.

 

Prince Kristof after that gave his hand to me, where I took it as a show of sportsmanship. Afterward I just went straight to the nearest bench with my helmet off, rather than taking off the armor.

This was because Kristof was going to settle the score with de Maignory.

 

“You’re not hot in that thing?” Martyn... suddenly came, with Ioctoria!

“Somewhat, but it’s breezy enough to cancel the heat!” I answered him. “And the hell are you doing here?’

“Firstly, great fight! But you still need to work on your form Art! Too wide, too flimsy!” Martyn criticized. “Secondly… sit down first!”

“Okay then…” I’m… feeling something wrong going to happen, but… I can’t do anything but to sit down as Martyn said.

 

After that, I sat down as per request, or might even be per order, by Martyn. Removing my helmet, feeling the light breeze of the air and awaiting whatever it is Martyn wants from me.

 

“Art…” My heart was pounding, I think I know what this is about, ohh god… why the fuck did I kissed Eleanna… Oh god… “Should I get El melon juice or just milk?”

“Wha?” I was beyond confused.

“Dude, we’re going to have the talk this evening! I thought El told you!”

“The talk? OHH!! Yeah, yeah, yeah! I remember!” I quickly realize what Martyn was going on with this.

“So, to ease the mood, should I get her melon juice or just milk?”

“Hmm… it’s kinda of hard to get melons here dude and milk is strictly a morning beverage for her.” I then racked my brain. “We got tea, right?”

“Yep!”

“And you know the basic chemistry of sparkling water, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Then a carbonated tea should do!”

“Ohh… Alright then!”

“Alright then!” Even though I gave Martyn what he wants, I still feel a bit guilty for not telling him about… Eleanna… “Dude, there’s something I need to tell you…”

“You kissed Eleanna in the cheeks?”

“Yeah…”

“So?”

“…Huh?”

“Dude c’mon! Me, you, Eleanna, and Alice are basically family! We’ve kissed each other, we’ve seen each other dongs and hoohas, and we even bathed together! I mean for Christ sakes our parents go way back!”

“Yeah, I guess… but! You know that Eleanna… broke off from us in middle school, we’re not…”

“Family? Just because she moved to New York in middle school? Dude c’mon! I mean… yeah, me and Alice didn’t really stay connected with her through middle school, but you did! And you reintroduce us to her again in high school! She’s family through and through!”

“Huh… I guess so…” I got a sense of pride from that. “Well… thanks for the reminder bu…” As I was about to tap his shoulder, my hand fazed through him. “The fuck?”

“Ohh yeah, I’m not really here, this is a mirage! I’ve been fiddling around with my magic.”

“Woahh….”

“Welp that’s it for now! Gotta go back to work!” Martyn said. “And sorry for occupying him for too long Lady Ioctoria!”

“No! don’t worry about that Lord Protector!” Ioctoria was understanding.

“Well alright then! See you tonight, Art!” After that Martyn’s mirage fades away.

 

After that well… Martyn left me with Ioctoria and… we… sat awkwardly and quietly with each other… I… I honestly don’t know what to say.

 

“Ohh! You were spectacular in the field! Even if… you lost in the end.” She said awkwardly.

“Yeah… it’s okay, there’s always others! Just… I’m a bit disappointed in myself on not winning, cause I really want to crown you with flowers!”

“Haha, you do?” Ioctoria smile and chuckled cutely.

“Yeah! Why not? You’re beautiful and I would like everyone to know that! As well as… you know…”

“Arthur…”

“I know, I know, I know… you’re not ready, I’m not ready too! But… the thought is just so strong…”

“Hmm…” She mumbled silently. “Well… there’s always next time Arthur!”

 

And as I heard what she said, heard her… quiet but very much clear proposal, I knew I need to win a tourney for her!

 

After that we went back to spectating the melee, this time of course, was seeing on who is the champion!

And again… the cards that Prince Kristof and de Maignory has, is very much equal in power.

 

Now let me paint a scene.

On the right corner, we have Prince Kristof Clovis Krone, the White Prince that has sharpen his skill since very early in his age on horsemanship, dueling, hunting, and many martial subjects.

On the left corner, we have Charles de Maignory, a culmination of generation upon generation on perfecting the art of war, many call him a prodigy right fully so as he has proven his prowess and skills since a very young age.

And two of them here, are about to show who is the best of the best.

 

The first to attack was actually both of them! Without any warning they just quickly swung their weapon at each other. They both quickly notice this of course and reacted accordingly to deflect the attack.

But this time, it was de Maignory who has the advantage as he pushed back Prince Kristof sword back, giving him the room to make another attack.

It was solid hit! Towards the jousting shield of the White Prince, but he didn’t redirect it this time, as the angle of the shield was slanted enough only to block the attack.

Seeing what just happened, de Maignory pulled back with his sword and readied himself to receive the counter. That came of course as Prince Kristof quickly went to him with a stabbing motion.

De Maignory saw it of course and quickly dodges it, but… that was actually a ruse! Prince Kristof wanted him to dodge as that stabbing attack, was a feint where the real one was a swing that he made in a matter of seconds.

 

It was over, de Maignory can’t avoid the swing and if he take the hit, he would fall down and be in a compromising position that would end this match.

But what happen next blew us away, even Prince Kristof, as with all of his might and strength, de Maignory dropped his shield and used his recently free hand to pull Prince Kristof.

The swing Prince Kristof made was cancelled, they fell to the ground, but the one who was on top was de Maignory, with his sword already pointed towards Prince Kristof’s neck.

 

It was a shocking moment, even for me, as the winner has finally unveiled himself, has shown himself, has triumph.

The crowds after that went roaring.

 

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!” The announcer yelled. “Charles de Maignory! The Mock Champion!!!!!”

 

It was a joyous thing to see, something so great, something so nice.

 

“Welp… there goes this month’s disposable money!” Theo came to me and sarcastically admitted his defeat.

“Haha!” I laughed at his defeat.

 

Right after that, passing the cheering and applauding crowd, it was time for de Maignory to crown one woman here with flowers.

I was quite interested in this part of him, as it pretty much will show who he is interested with. But…. He didn’t crown any of the women here, he in fact kept at it and said that we will see who he is interested in.

 

“Damn! His Royal Highness should have won!” One of our peers was not happy with the results of the melee, probably because he lost a bet.

“Well it is still de Maignory! a noble of the sword against a flowery royal like our Prince is uneven.” His friend beside him said.

“Hmm… what you speak has truth in it… a golden spur boy is inferior againt an iron spur boy!”

“And then again! It is an obvious given for de Maignory’s victory! After all, he does came from a family of knights!”

“Ughh… yes… his skills are inherited, lucky indeed for him to be born from a family of knights”

 

Hearing this from them appauled me, and though yes, the martial proficiency he gained was very high in his youth, making him the prodigy he is. It still disgusted me to hear them disregard de Maignory’s self-work.

It was even to the point… I couldn’t hold it and just… went to them.

 

“You do know de Maignory work his ass off to be where he is right?”

“Lord Svard!” They were surprised.

“You do know that right?”

“Yeah… but…”

“But what?” I lividly asked.

“He’s born as a noble of the sword, Lord Svard! He got something that a lot of us noble of the estate or just of the robe, never have gotten since little!”

“True, but… that doesn’t automatically make his self-improvements a collective effort nor a lineage effort! It is still his own!”

“…” They were silent, but I could see from their body language they are agreeing with me.

“Just kept that in mind guys! Not everything is because of their lineage! If it was, our White Prince would have won.”

 

After that I left them, still with a livid mind that when I was about to return to everyone… I just know I can’t sit there. The mood would be ruined by me, so I just left them and went into the académie by myself.

 

I walked through the halls with the lividness and annoyance still stuck on my head, I tried to disperse it by taking the slow walk in the halls. But it didn’t work.

It’s just… stuck with me, I’ve heard that very words, that very thoughts and comments for all of my life.

‘He’s like that, because he’s her son!’, ‘He’s good at that, because his grandpa probably taught him since a baby!’, ‘He’s score like that, because don’t know who his dad is?!’

It’s annoying, irritating, very much tiring, and… hurtful for me.

As none of my works, my efforts, my achievements are seen as just what I’ve wanted them to see! Mine, no strings attach, just pure work from the self.

 

Now thinking about all of that made me more madder now, so I stopped in the middle of my walk and just… relax, calming myself by leaning over the stone rail guard.

I then took a huge breath and let it go, not only the air, the thought also but… damn it… I really am one stubborn bastard.

 

“Arthur?” I jumped a little, as I thought I was alone. “Why did you left?”

“I am just… trying to get fresh air, Ioctoria!” Not wrong, but not true also.

“Hmm…” she mumbled. “I’m here you know…” And… well… we do agree on one thing in this weird pseudo-relationship we have.

“…” I was silent, I don’t really want to talk about it, but… “Some noble brats talked shit about de Maignory!”

“So that’s why you suddenly got up…”

“Yeah…” I answered. “I’ve always hate people like them, they talk big, they talk like they know shit, but they don’t! They’re just outsiders and yet… they somehow can label things as it is just because they have a prior knowledge with someone’s lineage and predecessor!

I mean holy shit… de Maignory worked his ass you know! I’ve seen his training! I’ve seen how dedicated, how many sweats he pulled, how much time he sacrificed to be where he is right now!

And they all relegate that to a simple saying, ‘Of course he can do that! He’s a noble of the sword!’

Like… holy shit, how can you not see his effort?! How small is your brain to miss the very fact that, I fuckin bet, you have seen!

Fuckin assholes…

And you know, they’re the reasons why I always have such distaste towards life and the world itself!” And when I said that… Ioctoria’s eyes shrunk. “No I… didn’t mean it like that!”

“No! no… you are entitled to how you truly feel about our world, it’s just… yes, it is not perfect Arthur, not everyone will be credited justly, but… some do.”

“I know, I know…”

“And I don’t really want to do this, but… it is my world Arthur! And I have lived quite the long life to see both its errors and validity. But I don’t want to lie to you to about it either, deceit is after all a seed for one to be amongst the fallen…”

“Are you… staking my interest towards you, for your world?” I smiled a little bit, but… was quite curious on this one.

“Ye- No! no! that’s… deceitful, but…”

“It’s okay Ioctoria! I honestly… already have a general sense of what I feel towards your world.”

“Really?” She was intrigued at my statement.

“Yeah, a major chunk of it is because of you, but to ease your heart! I do see the more… what’s the right word… the collective? The whole picture…? The point is! I know and has seen the good that is in this very flawed world and I know that it is not fair to forsake it!”

 

She smiled, she smiled at my resolve, I love that smile.

 

“Huh… I guess, I do know my resolve now…” And as I said that, I realized something. “You want to see my version of Aronlight?”

“Are you… sure Arthur?” She asked hesitantly.

“Of course! Gotta have the very person that resolve my opinion about their world after all!”

“Well… okay then!”

 

* * *

 

We were speed walking our way through the halls, with excitement and joy being wrapped in our heads. Ioctoria was about to witness history itself and I was about see what uncle Luther left me.

But before we can do that, we went to the first person that should be noted here in the Académie, Eleanna!

We found Eleanna not that far from class, only couple of step away from it even, there we saw her and couple of other ladies talking while walking.

 

“El!” I approached her first.

“Hmm? OHH FUCK YOU! Get the hell away from me!” Eleanna dodges me like avoiding me was a hardcoded thing for her.

“Wha?”

“Take a step more closer and I’m going to make things more complicated with you and Ioctoria here than it is, Art!”

“The fuck… I… EL!! What the fuck?!” She wasn’t joking and I was both confused and mad at her threat.

“No, YOU what the fuck!!! Suddenly kissing my cheeks and saying I’ll get a gift from a brother I don’t even know I had?!”

“…” Ohh… “Ehh… sorry?”

“Sorry?!” She was livid, rightfully so, as I remembered the blue balling I did to her. “…what do you want Art?” She… thank god, subsided her frustration at me.

“I found it! I got my shit together! I kno-”

“Art… Just tell me straight!” Eleanna cut off my excitement.

“I might be able to unlock Aronlight now!”

“Wait really?!” And with the answer finally given, Eleanna turned 180 degree and was joyous at my news. “Seriously? How? Is it because of Ioctoria?”

“Yeah! We just talked about things and well… she cleared the fog and made the answer easy.”

“Nice…” Eleanna was proud. “Well, congrats! And what are you waiting for? A kiss? Go and unlock Aronlight, Art!”

“Yeah!”

 

After telling her the good news, I went to Ioctoria to teleport to Castle Krone, but before we got to do it, Eleanna suddenly came to me and… ehh… she kissed me in the lips and… went to Ioctoria and… ehh… holy shit… she kissed her in the lips too… What the fuck?!

 

“El?” I was beyond confused.

“Hey, you took another step forward! And this is for Ioctoria!” Eleanna didn’t straighten anything with that answer.

“A fuckin Yuri Kiss?”

“No, you goddamn weeb… an indirect kiss! Savor it while you can Ioctoria!”

“O-o…okay!” After hearing what that kiss truly was… Ioctoria got smothered by the fact she gotten a taste of my lips… holy shit…

“Go now! Or do you want me to kiss you again, Art? This time it’s going to be an indirect kiss with Ioctoria! Hehe…” She… teasingly said to me, but… “But… you know what? Fuck it!”

 

Holy fuckin shit… she really is the devil in disguise, no fuckin wonder Martyn fell for her.

 

“…” I stayed silent, can’t utter a word just like Ioctoria and… savoring Ioctoria’s indirect kiss… HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!

“Now go! We’ll meet this noon too after all! You are going to be our mediator, right? Arthur?”

“Yeah of course! Just, relax and wait for me okay! And no fighting!”

 

* * *

 

We couldn’t sit, we just stood there near my bed. Looking… at the very item, artifact, heirloom I will use to finish what uncle Luther didn’t.

I was scared honestly, the responsibility, the not so far incoming expectations, and the legacy itself. Being apart of it is moving, but… it is terrifying to know that I am bringing the hopes and dreams of the previous wielders.

I don’t, I won’t let them down, but the pressure, the… huge thick air that this stone looking handle is exuding from the sheets of my bed… is just…

 

“It’s okay Arthur, we can’t do this.” Ioctoria near me, held my hand and console me.

“I…” I held her pinkish soft hand tightly, it was something I needed. “I need to do this now!”

 

And I did as I let go of her hand and went forward, grabbing in mere minutes and looking that handle dead on.

It was the moment of truth now, I waited for something to happen, for something to pop! And continue to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait… and… wait…

Frustration seeped into my mind, I was confused and plain mad. Because… why, why isn’t working?! Why isn’t it popping off! Why…. Why is it…. Am I not worthy? Am I….

 

“Arthur…” Ioctoria seeing my distraught, came and tried to comfort me “it’s-”

“Okay? Okay to know I might not be worthy?! That I am not worthful enough for my uncle’s legacy? Every single Aronlight wielder’s legacy? Just because of what?!!! OF WHAT?!!!!” I unleash an unwarranted rage towards Ioctoria.

“You’re not unworthy Arthur, I know enough of you now to know that you have the potential to become a wielder! There might be somethings that are not fulfilled aside for how you feel towards my world!”

“Like what?!”

“Like… you might missed your marked on what you seek!”

“I know full well what I seek, I want credit where credit is due.” I answered scornfully.

“Then… there might be somethings you are missing of what you who yourself is! Like-”

“I’m lying to myself? Not accepting a truth? Who do you think I am? Theo?”

“No Arthur! But… trust me on this, as I have seen many things in people, and one of them is a part of them they might not know!”

“…” I stayed silent as I felt… a bit slighted by this statement.

 

There’s no fucking way I do not know myself, there’s no way something is buried in me, I know who I am! That’s the only sure thing I have since little.

And hearing this from Ioctoria… makes me feel disgusted, as to even to think of that of me… is just…

 

BRAK!!!!!!

 

“What was that?” My angered feeling suddenly went away, as huge sound of a broken thing shook me.

 

Hearing it I immediately went outside and try to find its source, which… dread soon came to me as I realize the source… was from Martyn’s office.

I realized that I waste a whole ass thirty plus minutes, looking at that damn handle.

 

I ran quickly to Martyn’s office, trying to mend the situation and bring back the peace, but… when I came I saw the damage has been done.

I saw the spilt carbonated tea on the floor with many pieces of glass in the floor, I felt the anger between the two of them, and I saw the hatred that is building up between them… I…

 

“FUCK YOU MARTYN!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE EXCRUATING PAIN OF KNOWING YOU FAILED YOUR FRIEND?!!!” Eleanna screamed at Martyn.

“OHH MY FUCKIN GOD, YOU DIDN’T FAIL HER EL!! NONE OF US FAILED HER!” Martyn screamed back.

“THEN WHY DID YOU MADE US THINK WE DID?!!!”

“I… I am sorry about that, but… give me some fuckin break! She’s still alive! When we get back we can all go see her if you want!”

“THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT MARTYN!!”

“THEN WHAT IS IT?!!!”

“YOU HURT ME!” And… I hope Martyn realize this now. “You. Hurt. Me. You made me think I failed my friend, she was the first one outside our bubble that I could finally trust, AND YOU MADE ME THINK I FAILED HER!!!”

“…” Martyn stayed silent, as he should be. “El I…”

“Stop… just stop Mar… I had enough of this and I-” Eleanna suddenly went silent as she saw me. “Where the fuck have you been?!!!”

“Arthur?! YEAH where were you damn it?!!” Martyn cursed me.

“I…”

“Save it! I’m done, I don’t want to talk to Martyn for a while again!”

““El!!”” Me and Martyn said unison.

“SHUT UP!!!” She screamed back. “Leave me the fuck alone…” And… she teleported somewhere in a blink of an eye.

“No….. DAMN IT!!!!” Martyn cussed frustratingly. “This was supposed to be smooth return Arthur! Why were you late…”

“I… I…” I couldn’t explained, I… am a shamed to explained.

“FUCK….” And Martyn can only continue to cuss.

 

Goddamn it… Goddamn it….. Goddamn it, Goddamn it, GODDAMN IT, GODDAMN IT!!!!!!

0