Putting the Goddess of Magic in a Chokehold
873 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asmodeus's bat wings begin to flutter as she swoops through the night sky. Currently, we're following her as she leads us towards a place she calls Aeaea. After defeating Scylla and Charybdis, we decided that it'd be faster to go through her "shopping list" by flying. By keeping our auras in check, we managed to reach the first island without being detected by an Olympian. Of course, it didn't hurt that the airspace over the ocean wasn't one of Zeus's primary concerns.

A lush tropical paradise awaits us as we gently touch the ground. Though it was night, the island is brightly lit up with beautifully designed lanterns hanging from the many trees littering the surroundings. It truly looks like a paradise. All the buildings are made of white marble and the rugged stone paths lead towards various outdoor stalls and huts.

Looking up, terraces are climbing up the cliffs surrounding the shoreline and there are swimming pools on each level, all interconnected through a system of water slides, underwater tubes, and waterfalls. Illuminated in the central spot of the island is a large fountain spewing water in the shape of various creatures. Tanned women are running around dressed in white robes and holding plates full of wine-glasses. An abundance of wild animals can be seen each performing quite...human actions. A leopard is being massaged over a wooden chair while a pig squeals down a water slide. I guess the owner of the island really pampers their pets.

As I take in the sights, I begin to feel my consciousness being invaded by a relaxation charm. I shrug it off and glare in the direction of the magic. The gall they have to try and enchant me in front of Asmodeus!

"Asmodeus, don't you think something's strange about this island..."

"Yes master, if you look closely, the animals are all transfigured human males."

Frowning, I turn towards the animals and realize she's right. Though they have a heavy enchantment preventing identification, the auras faintly hidden under the beastly forms are distinctly human. Though I have no compassion or urge to save these humans, I tense up as I can infer how the island's owner treats strangers.

The others are also on guard while a pair of women approach us. They both have flawless appearances, wearing long robes with hair tied in a bun. Bowing, they don't speak and only gesture us to follow them. Sensing that they have no malicious aura, Kampe nods and begins following. I'm right behind her while Satan and Asmodeus are flanking us.

The women bring us into a grand modern-looking mansion. The mansion is ridiculously extravagant, with expensive-looking furniture, golden chandeliers, marble floors, and beautiful artwork filling up the many rooms. We are led into a big room with the whole front wall being made of windows. They bow once more and close the door behind them. There are a lot of white lounge chairs and sofas to sit on, as well as an intrinsic cage lying in the corner.

A loom stretches across one of the walls, shimmering with a rainbow of colors. Another large mirror covers the other wall and when I look at it, I frown as magic begins to leak. My appearance changes into an even more attractive version of my current self. My jawline is straighter, my chest is more polished, even my hair is longer and shinier. A cruel smile can be seen and my eyes are sparkling with flames.

I shake my head and clear the illusion away. I turn around and see the others having the same reactions as I did. Hoh. A mirror of desires that can affect even a god? Not bad...

"To what do I owe this pleasure Mr. God?"

A mature, elegant voice drifts through the air, dripping with honey. I turn around and see a beautiful woman who appears no older than twenty. Her long dark hair is breaded with threads of gold and her green eyes seem to stare through the soul. She has silky black dress with shifting patterns. Holding her hands back, she almost glides towards us with an enchanting smile on her face.

This woman...She is definitely not normal. I'm certain my aura was being concealed yet she still saw through it?

"Please forgive us for looking around but we were merely attempting to pass the time while we waited for our host's appearance."

Though I am on guard, I act as cordially as I can. Asmodeus did say she wanted to come here for materials and it would be easier if we got this woman's cooperation.

"Oh how rude of me! You may call me CC and I am the owner of this fabulous resort!"

As she throws her arms out the scene on the loom changes to an aerial view of the island. I nod, agreeing with her words. This island truly is fabulous.

"One of my companions has requested a visit to this island in the search for rare materials for potions. I would be very much obliged if you could grant her permission to search the island for her ingredients."

"Though you are a fellow god, I am afraid that I cannot just let you roam around the island alone. You may, ah, frighten the other guests. While we, uh, discuss matters, I can have some of my attendants escort your three friends."

She tries to sneakily glance at the cage in the room, but it doesn't escape my eyes. Raising an eyebrow, I pretend to not notice and nod at her words.

"Very well. Asmodeus, Satan, Kampe. Go look for the ingredients you'll need."

Satan looks alarmed and tries to speak, only to receive a pinch from Kampe. I can hear them whispering. 

"He knows what he's doing, let him be."

Dejected, Satan follows the others out of the room and I laugh silently. 

"Quite devoted aren't they? She looked so sad to be separated from you...Is she your lover?"

Circe sits on one of the chairs and gazes at me with a seductive smirk. 

"No, she's just a servant," I flatly reply.

Hearing me call Satan a servant, Circe's eyes flash dangerously before she takes a deep breath. 

"Say, Mr. God. What do you think about guinea pigs? I find them rather cute and...obedient."

She gets up from the sofa and begins to lightly stroke the cage in the corner.

"I didn't mention it before, but I am curious why you call me Mr. God. I have yet to introduce myself."

"I wonder why indeed..."

Turning towards me she starts to shout an incantation but I'm faster. My reflexes are obviously extremely fast and this woman is nowhere near as agile as one of my demon lords. Before she can finish casting the spell, I wrap one of my hands around her delicate neck and begin squeezing. Her eyes bulge and she tries to struggle against my grip. It's no use. As a magician, she is inherently weak physically.

Since my sudden movement knocked over one of the chairs, it causes a commotion, leading several presences to enter my sensory field. Unlike the attendants, these people are dressed in all-black and cover their faces with a hood. Their killing intent is oozing and I can slightly hear the unsheathing of over a dozen daggers made of a strange metal. Though I'm not sure of the metal's composition, my divine instincts warn me that these metals aren't normal. I can tell they can cut through the divine.

Keeping one hand on CC's neck, I start activating my own magic circles. While I did train in swordsmanship, I still have an insurmountable amount of mana. Not all my time in Hades's castle was spent training my sword! I used the time to also learn several magic attacks and form some of my own by combining my existing knowledge of spatial manipulation and my past life's chunnibyo disease. This resulted in me inventing molecular magic which could manipulate the atoms of a being by depositing them into a smaller dimension. (A.N. idk if this is even makes sense but why not...)

Though I could have killed the intruders, I decide to merely cripple them. Using Atom Destruction, I instantly evaporate the arms of my attackers as they prepare to enter the room. Since I'm literally deleting their arms from existence, there are quite a few cries in pain and the clanging of multiple knives is heard as they fall to the floor. All this is happening while CC is still being strangled. My assumptions of her being a goddess turn out to be true as she begins coughing up golden blood. Her eyes widen when she hears the sounds of her people falling and starts whispering in a raspy voice.

"Please...I'll do anything...Just don't kill them...Please."

Snorting at the goddess, I let her go after binding her mouth.

"We'll be waiting right here for my servants to return. Until then, you better hope that none of them are injured."

Establishing a telepathic link with Kampe, I ask her how things were going on her end.

"Fifty assailants attacked us and they're all incapacitated at the moment. Asmodeus and Satan almost killed them, but I had a feeling you would want them alive. They're all female too fufu..."

"Don't screw around, come back as soon as you can. My guess is that the ingredients Asmodeus needs are hidden somewhere. We'll use her servants as bargaining chips. I can at least tell she cares about them."

"Give us a few minutes to wrap things up here."

After contacting Kampe, I sit down on the couch opposite of CC and begin brooding. As she said, it wasn't long before they arrived. With a grin on her face, Satan jumps into the room, cackling at the sight she likely saw upon reaching the door. Asmodeus has a mix of both glee and anger. I can easily sense her rage towards the woman who dared to conspire against me.

I undo CC's gag and she splutters while gasping for air. Her neck already has an unhealthy bluish tint and the distinct mark of my fingers. Spying this, Satan frowns and puts a hand to her own neck. This girl...

Clearing my throat, I turn to the woman sitting meekly before me.

"Explain yourself."

Then she launches into her tale...

First, she introduced herself again, this time as Circe, a goddess of magic. She was the offspring of a Titan and the original goddess of magic, Hecate. As a young woman she had been assaulted by the very heroes who promised to protect them. Having been soiled, she knew no god would take her hand in marriage and she retreated to this island, called Aeaea. For thousands of years, she lured men to her island only to turn them into the beasts she saw them as. Once transformed, she would also neuter and violently tame them to 'change' them of their brutish ways. 

While waiting for victims, she spent the majority of her time working on magic and becoming one of the strongest sorcerers alive. Even Olympians sought her out for both potions and herbs. For the most part, the Olympians let her do as she pleased since her mother had helped them in the Titan War. However, just recently, an emissary of Zeus had arrived demanding her to side with the Olympians in the event of a war. Though she was confused at first, she politely declined, stating neutrality. At this, the emissary had left and come back with a fleet of dolphin pirates that razed half the island to the ground. Over a quarter of her servants were killed and captured while the rest were severely beaten. They left after looting her treasures and warned her that another emissary would be arriving soon to demand loyalty once more. 

Filled with rage, she cursed at the Olympians and her parents for helping them in their stupid power struggles. She nursed her servants back to health and used the limits of her magic to rebuild her island. Thus, she was extremely wary when four unknown beings, one possessing a divine aura, arrived on her island. Thinking they were messengers of the Olympians, she ordered her servants to prepare a trap for them. Which brought us to the present.

Sighing, I look at the pitiful goddess who has tears in her eyes from her recounting. Though I have no doubt that she is telling the truth, it still irks me that she tried to turn me into a guinea pig. Now that the misunderstandings are resolved, I look beyond the doorway to see the figures of twelve people lying unconscious. I snap my fingers and recreate the arms I had severed, simultaneously awakening them from their slumber. Restructuring human limbs is far easier than you would think...

"Now, though I understand why you would attack me I still want some compensation."

"I understand. I'm willing to give you anything, even my body if you would so wish..."

"No, no, no. Like I said before, my servant here is looking for some rare materials for potion making. I'd like it if you gave them to her. We'll certainly pay if that's a concern."

"Please! It is nothing. Shana! Bring her to the laboratory. She's allowed to take any of the materials she wants."

Bowing, one of the hooded figures begins walking away. Though she had just lost her arm, she still maintains a professional appearance and respectfully motions for Asmodeus to follow her. The two soon disappear from sight. I turn towards the woman sitting happily? on the sofa. She looks at me expectantly and tilts her dress in a way that threatens to spill her well-endowed breasts. Flicking her on the forehead, I fold my arms and stare at her thoughtfully.

"Though I don't need your body...there is something I would like you to do..."

–––––––––––

A.N. not making circe part of the harem unless an overwhelming majority say they do. thinking of a smut scene in the next chapter to make up for it lol

24