Reunion
1.9k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stand before a multitude of monsters. The same sights, the same nightmares that I had to trudge my way out of lies before me once again. But this time it's different. As the familiar feeling of despair floods my senses, I begin to grin madly. I'm no longer the weak ingrate that barely qualified for a monster's appetizer. The spit dribbling out of these monsters' disgusting mouths isn't because I'm such a delicious morsel of food! Yes, it's out of fear!

Though I might be sounding overconfident, it's true nonetheless. Though they are curious at the fact that a god has willingly descended, these monsters have primal instincts and a will to survive. With the power I radiate, they can clearly tell I'm not a regular god. Thus, none of the assembled monsters dare to test my strength. With that, I make my way, unapprehended towards the faint aura of Nyx that I caught upon my arrival.

The crowd disperses and I unfurl my wings. The monsters murmur amongst themselves, surely coming up with reasons for why I'm not just floating like all other gods. Whatever they're thinking, it certainly can't be as dumb as my real reason. Even though I can levitate, it's way more of a hassle to do than just using wings. Also, my enormous, curved wings look *cough* cooler. Anyways, before long, I fly right next to the abyss that Nyx calls home. I gaze into it with a smile.

"Yo! Been a while Nyx!" I call into it like a lunatic. 

The darkness swirls and I see the shape of a black-haired woman in an elegant form-fitting gown appear. The woman looks at me with a glare and pouts. "Hmph! Took you long enough!" She raises an eyebrow and sniffs the air. "Hooooh? I see that you've had your fun without me..."

"Ahahaha." It's awkward, to say the least. "It kinda just happened ehehe."

Nyx clicks her tongue and snaps her fingers. The darkness moves yet again and this time there's a large suitcase. Don't ask me where she picked such an item up... "I won't bother asking. I expected this would happen anyways. So? Let's get out of here!"

"I'm guessing Kampe already briefed you?" I hold her suitcase like a gentleman and bow exaggeratedly.

"Quite the adventure you've had or so I heard. You fucked your servants, fucked a helpless woman, and enslaved two other goddesses? What's next? Impregnating a vampire?" She says bitterly. "And here I thought you would give your first time to me..."

"You forgot that I became the Lord of the Underworld and a Primordial." I smirk. "Also, it's not like it would've been your first time either."

I shake my head with a slight smile.

"Hey! Erebus was just a one-time thing! We were both lonely and bored and one thing just led to another!" She lightly blushes at my teasing.

"Oh yeah? Tell that to your kids then..." I peck her on the cheek affectionately. Though it's unfortunate that I won't be the one plucking her cherry, I don't necessarily mind. After all, it's not like I'm actively trying to collect v-cards. 

"Mmmn." She grins at the sudden attention and stifles a soft moan. "I've missed you..."

"I did, too." I continue our kiss and only break it after a couple minutes. Only then do I realize we seem to be missing someone. "Where's Kampe? Isn't she staying with you?"

On cue, I hear a mature voice shout, "One second!" The darkness breaks apart and reveals a tall woman with messy bed hair and half her clothes on. The woman comes stumbling out and nearly trips with a slight ~ kyaa. I smack my head thinking of how low this queen of monsters has gone. 

After she rights her clothes and fixes her hair, we teleport away, bypassing the Doors of Death. Hey, we have two primordials. Who said we can't break the "laws" of Tartarus. Though Thanatos complains, Nyx shut him up with one look. That was when I learned that the old god was actually the son of Nyx...

After shuddering at the contrast between that elderly god and his beautiful "youthful" mother, we enter the rift and appear in front of a meeting table, where my demon lords are waiting. For some reason, Circe is also sitting there with two of her favorite attendants. In the corner, Athena and Artemis are standing respectfully, though their hateful glares are all-too clear.

Before I open my mouth, Nyx places her hand over it. She takes a quick glance at the entourage I've assembled and gives me an exasperated expression.

Around the table are different reactions, as they can more or less guess who the new woman is. Asmodeus and Satan are both glaring daggers at Nyx and are shaking their firsts at her. The rest of the demon lords are more respectful of her and just sit with their heads bowed slightly, though I can hear several "I won't lose..."'s tucked in there. Artemis and Athena clearly look surprised at her appearance while Circe only shakes her head, having long gotten used to the impossible.

"Nyx, demon lords. Demon lords, Nyx." I frown and take her hand off my mouth. Asmodeus visibly relaxes at this while Satan just has a dumb smile on her face. "I'll make this short. I'm going into seclusion to learn interdimensional travel." I pause to let my words sink in. Clearly, this isn't what anyone expected as they're all looking at me with a 'are you okay' expression.

"I'm not sure how it works but I've already confirmed the existence of alternate dimensions and experimented with ways of traveling to them. Now I won't get into detail but I wanted to ask which of you want to come with me. Time might run on a different axis so I'm not sure of how long I'll be gone for. Unfortunately, I can't just take all of you. I'd rather not abandon this world and I'm not sure if deities on the level of Nyx can even leave."

All of them turn towards each other and begin whispering in a furious discussion. As they talk, I begin to think of what the multiverse has in store for me. I hear faint high-pitched chuckles, though I can't sense where it's coming from. After a bit, Nyx pulls my shoulder shaking me out of my daydreams.

She takes a deep breath and looks around the room one last time. "The answer is...none of us."

My head tilts at an almost 90 degree angle. "What?"

"We have our own duties and jobs to be doing. Since you don't want to abandon the world, you still have your task as Lord of the Underworld right? Also, someone has to fill in all the chaos you created by effectively destroying the current system of god hierarchies. So all of us are staying behind to fix the mess YOU created. And here I thought you would take responsibility!"

I laugh nervously as the weight of my actions begin to sink in. "If that's all, I guess I'll go on then. Nyx can I talk to you for a moment?"

I pull her out of the room and onto one of the balconies. Staring out towards my realm, I begin to speak. "Are you sure about this?"

She also gazes out and opens her mouth. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure what we are, but I sure as hell wanna get to know you inside and out." I try emphasizing my words with a kiss that she stops with a finger. 

"Right now, I'm just glad to be with you. We don't have to rush it, after all we have all of eternity, right Primordial of Death?" She snickers at my pout. This woman...

I lift my head away from her lips and instead look her straight in her deep, dark eyes.

"We sure do."

I move in for a kiss again and this time she doesn't resist. I touch her lips gently with my own and marvel at the feel. I reach out and grab ahold of her hand as we kiss, ignoring everything and everyone, hoping for this moment to last forever.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––-

I'm sitting in my bedroom chambers in a meditative pose. I'm continuing to practice my mastery over spatial magic and I'm struggling. Regardless, I have still made some breakthroughs. From what I can understand, there is an impossibly huge space that separates dimensions. The closest dimension to my current dimension is so far away, that even I can't locate it. The only reason I can actually use the dimension I inherited from Hades, is because it came as a spoil. If I was actively looking for it without "ownership," it'd take me far too long to zero in on its presence.

Thankfully, it's not like I'm shooting blind magic circles to locate a dimension. I can extend my senses into the space between dimensions, and all I need to do is to precisely locate a new one. This whole time I've been secluded, my senses have been extending in all directions, but I'm still yet to find one. It's like I'm searching for a needle in a universally-ginormous haystack! It's safe to say I'm pretty frustrated. Is it going to be like this every time I try to travel? I groan at the mere prospect of having to sit for such a long time just to find the next dimension!

*Warning Plot Armor*

As I'm about to call my aimless search off, I finally locate my first dimension. To describe it, it would be like seeing a flicker of light in an endless darkness. It's faint, but I can clearly tell there's a dimension ahead! I stretch my senses even farther and converge to that singular point. After I reach it, I try opening a spatial rift connecting my location to that dimension. I succeed, but I feel strange. This rift feels dangerous, unlike the rifts I've made for my "storage" dimension. I push the thought to the back of my mind and bring myself back to reality. 

The floor is drenched with sweat (gods can sweat?) and I stand up to leave the room. I find it strange when I regain my senses and realize that everyone's currently occupying a singular room. I open the door to announce my good news when my jaw drops in shock at the sight before my eyes. 

For one reason or another, Nyx is standing before everyone in front of a large monitor projection, with a picture of my sleeping face?!?! Where is she even getting her hands on human technology? Looking at the picture, I recognize my appearance as the form that was being used during my stay with Nyx. Oi...Don't tell me she made a picture album of sneaky photos!

My demon lords are fascinated as she goes through each picture. There are a few more sleeping pics, one showing me eating food with a stupid smile, one of me wheezing on the ground after getting blasted by magic, and one of me changing out of armor and into an undershirt...The demon lords are practically drooling at this point. I can feel the temperature rise even higher than it already is. I've had enough!

I cough into my hand to alert everyone of my presence. Reluctantly, they turn away from the projection and start to grin mischievously at me.

"I didn't know our Lord was so cute!" quips Belphegor and they all start giggling.

Sighing, I ignore them and demonstrate the rift I made. Everyone becomes serious as they realize I've finished my preparations.

"Lord, does that mean?" Leviathan shyly asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready to leave."

I give each of the demon lords a tight hug. Kampe ruffles my hair and Circe gets a kiss on the forehead which she claims wasn't necessary, but I can see her smile. I nod to the other goddesses who just stare me down. After that, I walk over and grab Nyx's hand and tenderly kiss her knuckles. 

"By the time I come home, I might not be able to hold myself back."

She gives a small smile. "We'll see about that."

It's rather anticlimactic, but it's not like this is our final goodbyes. After one last kiss, I open the rift and wave before heading inside. I feel myself getting pulled through the rift just like at the time I met that old man. As I try to right myself, I hear the ding of a notification.

[Congratulations host! You have entered into the Omniverse and mastered dimensional magic. Taking note of your achievements in this world, the Supreme God has admitted you as a contender for the current succession war taking place for the title: God of the Multiverse! Host will be given more details of his entry after meeting the Third Princess of the Multiverse who also happens to be your primary benefactor!]

As I try to understand the shocking news, a new notification dings. Now is not the time to be shitting bricks! This kind of teleportation isn't instant and rather feels like I'm sliding down a tube. I guess if I'm literally a dimension away, it'll take longer? I try to take my mind off the outrageous contents of the first notification and open the other message.

[Host is on their way to their first world! As a rule for dimensional travelers, in order to not upset the world's balance, the traveler will have their level limited to the last evolutionary form they had! Host's current form as a Primordial will be reset to a True God!]

Another stupid piece of news that would've been helpful way earlier! Fuck you system! As I'm cursing my luck, I feel the new powers I gained as a Primordial being sealed away. Though being a Primordial allowed me to sense anything, I can tell my senses have been limited to a much smaller area. It feels disconcerting to have your power sealed, but thankfully it isn't too much of a downgrade. Though I feel weaker, I'm at least allowed to still be a god. All I have to do is pray that the beings in this world won't be able to slaughter me in an instant...

As I prepare myself for the worst, I find myself suddenly exiting the dimensional rift in a large flash of light. What the fuck? The rift opens up a kilometer above the surface and I'm tumbling at breakneck speeds! I struggle to get my bearings and instinctively open my wings even if a fall wouldn't kill me. I was just surprised, okay? I gently descend and realize I've drawn the attention of quite a few humans, all of them wearing some measly armor. My feet brush the ground and they've all drawn swords and bows. One of them, a man with a scraggly beard starts shouting in an unknown language. 

I look around and see I've landed in front of a wide gate. Several horse-drawn carriages are toppled over and their contents are strewn about. The horses have runoff and a short, bald man wearing a suit slightly similar to the ones I took from Hades is shaking his fist at me. I tilt my head back with a smile and I shout in triumph, scaring and surprising all the people that gathered around me. I did it! My first dimensional travel! A success!

––––––––––––––

A.N. dimensions = worlds. the demon lords will be calling him lord from now on unless that's too confusing? in which case i'll continue using master.

mc does not choose the dimension. lets call it plot armor that these worlds happen to be anime worlds. posting a more extensive author's note later.

17