Chapter 2- Job
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Using a cap and a mask to hide his face, Clain hired a carriage to the Wilston street in the inner section of the capital, all the while thinking how ridiculous this world was. Smartphones , Internet and Television and even a few dishes from Earth were present yet cars and other conveinent means were uncommon.

That's right, uncommon. Only nobility could use them and the Bernt Kingdom which ranked in the middle in the continent had just started buying them. That's why it could only be found with royalty.

'This world is truly a mess'

Clain sighed when the carraige driver announced

"Wilston street is here."

Clain got off the carraige and paid the driver 10 copper coins. Then searching through is memory, he started moving towards the place of interview. 

It was late morning and the crowd buzzed with life. Clain could see different shops lined up in an oderly manner and people going and coming out. Guards were patrolling while the  carraiges were running down the streets. He could see children running and playing and even signs of slums and orphans when he looked into the alleyways. He bumped into something and looked down.

The boy bowed and apologized

"Sorry sir."

He then ran away without waiting for the reply. Clain checked his pockets and sighed in relief . It was now that he was getting a very wierd feeling.

'It's a completely different world.'

A world in a novel yet it felt as real and alive as his previous one. Clain just shook his head and stopped caring. He smiled, the feeling wasn't bad .

'But crowds don't suit me.'

Tilting his cap towards his face, Clain started to move faster.

****

Clain actually had thought a lot before continuing to pursue to be an idol. More because he didn't have a talent for anything else and because he knew most of what will happen in this industry in the future due to the novel. He also felt a strong feeling of attraction towards it. It was already too late to go back and this, he considered was the best choice.

Clain sighed. Taking off his mask and cap, he looked at the building in front of him. With pillars and a pointed top, it was a four storey building which looked more like the adventurer's guild from the fantasy novels. The words 'Rising Aspirers' were written in bold letters.

A pretty lame name compared to the size of this agency. It ranked the first in the Brent Kingdom. Taking a deep breath, Clain entered the agency.

A neat room with warm atmosphere greeted him. He walked towards the reception.

"Good Morning sir. Welcome to the Rising Aspirers. What can we do for you?"

The receptionist wearing glasses gave me a buisness smile while I handed her my approved interview request and answered briskly

"Good Morning Ma'am, I had an interview today here."

The lady checked the documents and signalled towards the  stairs.

"It's on the second floor, room no. 3"

I nodded and started walking towards the venue.

'Room 3..room 3, here it is.'

Refirming my decision, I opened the door.

There were four people already sitting for the interview, three girls and two boys. The supervisor noticed me entering and motioned with his chin to sit. He then said

"The presentation will start in five minutes, we will call your name when we are ready."

He then went out without looking back.

Five minutes soon passed and the first name was called.

[Laura Soph, please enter]

The blond hair girl nervously got up and moved out. She looked really flustered.

'No, I am the strange one for not getting flustered.'

I shook my head. Maybe reality still hadn't kicked in but I didn't feel anything at all.

It was then.

Her voice , singing a song , was heard. My eyes widened, not because of the fact that it was really good, but because I could see the lyrics and white light glowing from it.

Yes, it was as if I could see and grasp it, like if I sung it now, I was sure it would be the best I had ever sung.

'What is this?'

Clain sure was talented in singing but never this much. This never even happened in the novel. I was baffled.

'Did the merging of souls cause this or is this world different from that of the novel?'

Whatever it was, it was good for me. Placing these rampaging thoughts at the back of my head, I smiled

'Lets bang it.'

I could already see the outline for my future plans.

At the same time, an applause was heard from the stage and the next name was called.

[Clain Wendswirth, please enter]

Taking a deep breadth again, I walked towards the stage.

With the excitement that was overflowing from within.

 

4