Chapter 3-A Melody that touches the Heart
71 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How was it Miss Serene?"

"It was enough to be selected."

Serene answered briefly. The song was satisfactory at best, nothing more. The contestant's blond hair was rare so that was a plus point. The visuals were also very good and her dancing was atleast at professional level, her selection was almost confirmed at this point. Still some questions were left. Serene spoke from the mic

"So, Miss Laura, what was the reason for you aspiring to become an idol? Was it Money , fame or a dream from the start."

— ...It is independence ma'am.

Independence huh, what an interesting answer. Serene was more biased towards singing though. A pity she couldn't sing as sweetly as her voice sounded. Her answer was also full of holes and as expected another judge asked back

"I don't think being an idol is the only means of being self independent. You are just 17 right now and There are many more opportunities out there or are you implying that those who are not idols cannot sustain themselves."

 —...N-no sir I didn't mean it like that. It's because I am not good at most of the things a-and I am clumsy so I decided to do something I really enjoyed. I loved watching idols and their performances.

'What an honest and naive girl, even her profile reeks of innocence but this personality can be attractive to the audience.'

Serene shook her head. Laura appearance could arouse people's protective and possessive desires. She noted it down in her diary and spoke to the clearly nervous contestant

"Good job, Miss Laura, we will inform you of the results as soon as possible. Please wait until then."

Laura nodded and went out while Serene relaxed slightly on her seat. The person sitting next to her asked

"What do you think?"

"....She has a lot of potential but it will take time to bring it out. We would have to work on a lot of things before she would be ready for the debut, her nervousness especially. Rest all is okay so I agree with her selection."

Her report was brief and precise but Serene still had a doubt

'Her mannerism and body language vaguely resembled a nobility's.'

It was a useless concern which wasn't possible so Serene just put it back of her head. Her anticipation was rising due to finding such a good seedling at the start. If she got another talented male idol then maybe just maybe, she could start that project.

'Ha...'

For some reason She was a little too excited today. Even the others looked like they noticed her ever stotic face lit up with anticipation so one of them soon announced for the next contestant

[Clain Wendswirth, please enter]

—Tap *Tap

Footsteps sounded from behind the stage and the door opened.

A young man about the same age as the previous contestant stepped on the stage and Serene smiled lightly just looking at him. Bright silver hair as if glowing and she could tell that it was natural. With Deep blue eyes, his already handsome face looked so perfect that it seemed otherworldly. Thin lips and long eyelashes and his skin also looked pale, not sikly pale but more of a 'beautiful pale'.

Yes, the man looked more beautiful than handsome. He went up to the stage and bowed.

'He is not nervous.'

No, she felt he was more excited though his expression was like stone.

'Expressions are to be worked upon.'

Serene noted down and then said

"Let's get to your abilities first. You applied to be an idol and then an aspiring singer isn't it, Let's check your voice."

A worker gave him the lyrics and he nodded, indicating that he knew the song. The bright stage dimmed and soon the music started playing out.


It was then.

All the judges including Serene sat straight up as soon as his voice flowed out.

'.....Ah'

Soothing. It was as if her mind was being soothed of all its worries. She closed her eyes and heard his voice

—...Please keep me ⁓ in your heart ♪♪

   ...I will always~~always be there for you ♪♪

   ...With you⁓ whenever you need me ♪♪

and felt her heart quiver at his voice. She felt relaxed and refreshed and it was as if the atmosphere of the room cooled down, blowing away everyone's tension.

'Amazing.... it-its awe aspiring.'

The song wasn't perfect, there were some faults in the tone and pronunciation but his heavenly voice made up for it.

Serene trembled with excitement at the thought of making his singing even better.

'We have to geet him at all costs!'

This was a jackpot.

She was drolling while dreaming of her future successes when the song ended.

'Ah...'

Clain finally gave a bright smile and she could see her assisant blushing at the sight of it.

She shook herself out of the daze she was in and heard a judge ask 

"W-well your voice is amazing sir Clain, but why didn't you dance with it?"

'That's right he didn't dance!'

Serene was perplexed but she soon got her answer

—... I don't know how to dance sir.

'Ah how sweet his voic....huh?'

Serene blinked her eyes at his response.

'He dosen't know how to dance?!!'

She was shocked but soon shook her head and blurted out.

"Don't worry, I will make you dan..*Cough*

I mean, we will teach you how to dance."

It was like declaring that he was already selected but She meant it. Serene finally found the right members for her project and in a single try at that. Luck, she felt,  was on her side today.

'Its good I got the promise from the president beforehand.'

She smiled. His character was still not known but it didn't matter. The talent was enough. There was no need of questions anymore.

" Well done Sir Clain, we will most probably contact you soon so please wait till then."

Clain nodded and bowed again.

"Thank you." he said and moved out through the door.

—Tap*Tap

His footsteps sounded again till slowly none were heard. 

'Haah...'

Serene sighed and relaxed on her seat, closing her eyes.

'What a hectic day...'

She did feel that she she gave him a little too leeway in the interview, considering that very few questions were asked but it didn't matter.

Finally, she smiled, it was getting started.

3