4- Talk [ II ]
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-

A clap of thunder resounded in the clouds before he could see anything, leaving a holy trace on his memories that reflected the arrival of a holy creature.

Two gorgeous entities with crystal clear eyes stood in front of his body, without knowing what had just transpired.

They glanced at his face, and despite the fact that it was only a memory, he could sense the dreadful powers that lay dormant in their bodies, causing him to freeze in both wonder and fear.

Two gigantic wings, like clouds, provided him with a soothing environment, removing his fear and replacing it with stupefaction.

Their stretched bodies moved with strength and elegance, and they were dressed totally in white robes.

The first appeared to be a middle-aged female, while the second seemed to be a three-year-old child.

The middle-aged woman clutched a scroll in one hand, which intrigued him.

They stared into his eyes once again; the child's eyes were filled with a mixture of love, possessiveness, and yearning, whilst the middle-aged female being's eyes were devoid of emotion.

"Are you certain that his memories will not alter in the least?  And won't remember our meeting until he reaches the sage realm?

 I wish I could play with him more, but I can't because of his parents' predicament. But at the very least, I got to be his future bride. " inquired the young girl, who seemed no older than three, with a melodic tone that would make any enraged person turn calm with her voice, as she complained unhappily at the end of her words, but then grinned.

When the middle-aged woman beside her heard her longing and grief in her voice, she shook her head and smiled:

"Don't worry, it'll simply make him lose interest in mortals or women after he hits the first plane, and his personality will only alter due to his denseness, so he won't care much about other sex's relationship.

After all, you know what would happen if he stayed on this plane any longer.

The ****** death clan, which was already on the verge of extinction, would lose its last heir.

At the present, only he and his parents are living, as well as the guardian in the other dimension who will carry out the intentions established by the ancestor before he died.

"Go cultivate the three cultivation systems so he doesn't end up with an useless fiance once he reaches the sage plane."

They then stretched for a brief while before disappearing into thin air, causing the memory to fade and leaving him a severe headache...

-

The figure could see everything back in Adel's soul, but it obscured the portion of his existence while he was still with Adel to avoid his dependency on him and confront genuine life and death battles, as well as other knowledge that would only bring hidden danger upon him if he knew it...

It did, however, maintain his relation to the'sage' plane evident in his memory...

It only shook its head before thinking:

'It appears that I underestimated his mind-reading abilities. They must have developed in a frightening way on Earth...'

-

Adel, who saw everything, was left dumbfounded by her behavior, and just when he thought it couldn't be much more clichéd, they came up with this...

Adel didn't pay much heed to the blurred portions since he could feel the strength on these two entities and thought it was them who had hidden away some of the conversation memories for some reason.

He suddenly remembered the'sage' plane, which indicated at his true origins...

But then he recalled something: 'I was able to view that memory because of my mind reading arts...  That indicates that there is still room for improvements in the mind-reading arts!' Adel thought eagerly as he felt the possibilities of broadening his mind-reading arts in this universe...

-

Back in the real world...

Adel was then startled out of his reverie by a loud yell.

"Adel! What happened? Why aren't you responding to me? And how is your physical condition?" Katrina shook Adel's body as she examined his injuries.

"Sorry... I was absorbed in my thoughts... What happened, that man over there..." He then gestured to the man who planned to assassinate him but ended up throwing a mouthful of blood, as he continued: "He plotted to kill me... But I'm not sure what happened... He spewed a mouthful of blood before he could even touch me..." Adel spoke slowly and weakly, his body still rocked by Katrina, who appeared to at least be at the first step.

"What?! Who was it that wanted to murder you? Whoever that fool is, I'm going to murder him away immediately! "Katrina spoke loudly enough for everyone nearby to hear. Even the person hiding behind the wall could hear her.

"That... what I saw previously... the man first taking some money and the knife from that guy.. And  then... he came and... nearly stabbed my throat," he said, motioning towards the figure hiding behind the wall. Katrina spun around with a violent killing intent as he finished, but it seemed like child's play in contrast to Adel's.

Then she turned to face the person hiding behind the wall, and in an instant, she was in front of him, saying loudly enough for both him and Adel to hear.

"You...! It's you! .... Damon! Why did you try to murder him?" Katrina was taken aback when she saw the man in front of her.

It was a traveling young man who courted her ever since she was with Adel, made friends with two since young, but still pursued her, but she couldn't care less about him, as she had only placed her eyes on Adel since last year, who in Damon's eyes was nothing but trash due to his inability to cultivate at all.

"Come on, I mean, come on! Because you never paid attention to me, I tried to murder him! He alone! Why is this the case? Why only that trash!" Damon clenched his teeth as he reflected on the disparity in her treatment of him and Adel.

He eventually revealed himself as he got closer to Katrina, revealing his overall appearance...

His silky, short-sleeved jacket reached just over his knees and was barely buttoned up at the lower right side.

His jacket's sleeves were a loose fit that stretched well above his wrists. At the margins, they were trimmed with a stylish band.

The jacket features a large, round collar that exposes a portion of the traditional shirt worn beneath it, and it was worn with a long fabric band held together by a little belt buckle, which was largely for show,

His pants were simple and broad, reaching all the way down to his furred boots, which were fashioned from extremely rare fur.

He had blue, silky hair that was beautifully combed to disguise a big, wild face.

Wide violet eyes, with a birthmark that runs from just beneath the right eye to the opposite eye and ends on his top lip.

'I don't think I'd have to remember him with such details, after all, he's simply a random young master seeking a woman as in my previous life. Then again, whether it's Earth or this realm, they're all the same...' Adel thought as he examined Damon.

Though he was handsome, he was like white clouds in a storm—quite common—in compared to Adel, who was like lightning bolts swirling in the storm—attracting the most attention.

"You...Stop joking!  Why should I care about you? "You... Sigh..." Katrina  then shook her head and mumbled something that Damon and Adel couldn't hear, but Adel could because of his heightened senses:

"I wish he could see my emotions, as this backward society is garbage.

I really want him to accompany me to the kingdom where my clan is, for his talents are anything but low, as even I can't distinguish them...

However, no one here notices him. Well, I could either murder or ignore this Damon guy, but it would need some other measures... "

Adel was taken aback by her remarks, recognizing how much captivated she was...

-

But when he heard her last words about how she knew about his talents, the figure in his soul was startled to the core...

'How? 'She has no way of knowing about such things...' It then weirdly shook his head, as if it hadn't given it any thought...

-

Back to the real world.

'She's thinking of killing him for me? But that would give rise to more turmoil. Also, if I quit the clan and go to another country to get enough resources to start cultivating, then I might as well follow her. After all, the figure said, "Leave this country due to its low energy" '

He kept thinking about it. It struck him as strange. Wasn't she being too cool in this situation? She should, however, come from a high-status background and should be accustomed to such situations. Right...?

Adel wasn't sure whether all young mistresses in this world her age were as mature, but her current demeanor made it simpler for him to blend in with the current situation without appearing suspicious.

He had a sudden thought and motioned for Katrina to come to him.

"What's going on? Is your condition worsening? Should I reintroduce you?" Katrina inquired as she examined his body, only to discover a scar on his neck. Then she was perplexed as to why he extended his hand to her.

"That is not the case... Actually, now that he's killed me and even those surrounding people have heard us, I'm not sure I'll be able to return to my clan since my clan can't afford to insult his family over an insignificant servant like me, so do you have any suggestions for somewhere else safe? I remember you just come here for four months out of the year, so you could have a better place than my clan, or if you don't want to, that's okay. I believe I can..." Katrina stopped him as he was ready to continue because she was overjoyed that he had finally considered going away with her.

Adel was, after all, a servant of a clan in a backward country...

 "Sure, come with me, and I'll introduce you to my family, and they'll be able to support you enough to cultivate!" She answered happily, but when she realized she had forgotten her slip, she coughed sheepishly.

"Sorry, it's just that you kept telling me you didn't want to cultivate because you don't have talent, and I was relieved to hear you changed your mind.

Nonetheless, since you aren't really hurt, let's hurry up and gather your belongings so we can go to where I'm at! That location is a lot of fun, and you'll realize that when we get there." She stated this clumsily as she tried to avoid the subject.

 "Okay, fine. But I don't know about staying in your family compound. They could not like me because of my talent..." Adel stated this in an awkward tone, as if hinting at his waste talents.

Katrina sighed in relief when she saw him not pressuring her on the subject, but frowned when she heard his other statements, but then she said, excitedly, "No way! Don't be concerned. They don't mind talent in my family compound because, as they say, [Effort triumphs over Talent]!"

Damon, who was standing nearby, winced when he saw he was being ignored, but when he heard her final remarks, he broke out laughing "Effort triumphs over skill, my a$$! If it were true, wouldn't there be a multitude of masters everywhere if they worked hard but lacked talent? That's just nonsense! He's trash, and he'll be trash for the rest of his life!"

When Katrina heard his remarks, she frowned, turned to face him, and said, "You know, you should be glad enough that I didn't kill you when you tried to kill Adel, but then you're denouncing my family's words!"

 

Katrina, on the other hand, was completely outraged. Damon, she believed, would treat her as a friend, not as a possession he might have with his power or talent!

More than that, he sought to murder Adel—the one who put his life in danger to defend her!

And he, what qualifications did he have to prove he was superior to him?

'Hmph! Sure enough, he's a snake who believes he's a dragon!' Katrina let out a hearty snort, her rage obvious in her eyes as she glared at Damon.

Adel grabbed her shoulder and shook her head as she was ready to go over and cause significant damage to him "We don't want people to follow us around, so ignore him. In any case, no one cares about his statements.

Also, don't be concerned; he'll have the time of his life in the future."

What Katrina and Damon didn't realize was that he actually didn't want to make a reality of the cliché narrative he'd read in the novels in his previous life, to make a challenge with him in the future to beat him in a specified amount of time, or her killing him and his family following him in retaliation.

After all, despite the fact that Damon was only in the midst of the second step, an ant might miraculously develop and kill an elephant. In the cultivation world, of course.

And he knew that if he pushed him to the sidelines, he'd come to regret it once he'd matured enough to impress Katrina.

So he made a mental point to curse Damon by memorizing his specific energy fluctuations the next time he starts cultivating...

Katrina, on the other hand, would have assaulted him if Adel hadn't intervened quickly! She could see he was serious, though. The implications would be more complicated than merely leaving, since they would be more than implicated.

0