CHAPTER-08 Cherishing Friendship
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he went to school the next day he found that the two bullies of his class were still absent today. He went straight towards his seat where Kaito was also there with his head down, doing what he always does that is sketching his favorite cartoons but when he looked at his sketch after greeting him he saw that instead of drawing the characters of SpongeBob or Naruto that he usually does he was drawing a little puppy.

This puppy looks kinda like me.

Is he drawing me?

After realizing that, Tendo looked at him and then asked,

"Are you drawing that puppy who saved... I mean who bit Jason and William yesterday?"

"Yes", he replied without looking up.

"Why?", Tendo then asked.

After hearing this question Kaito stopped for a moment, look at him, and said,

"He saved me yesterday from those bullies. You don't know because you went to fetch your bottle at that time and those bullies took me to the dumpster area and started to beat me up when suddenly this puppy came and bit them. He then ran away after biting them and I didn't see him after that", he said with some sorrow.

Wow, So many people like my wolf form. 

Tendo thought with a happy face.

He then asked,

"I don't understand Kaito and you won't even tell me but I really wanna know because you are my friend and I care about you. So tell me why they only target you in the class? Why no one else? I previously thought that it was because of your personality that makes them bully you but that is certainly not the case as there are many people like you in the class. Look at Wiley he is just like you but they never target him", he said while pointing towards a little fatty guy at the front seat. He then continued,

"And you don't tell the homeroom teacher and not even let me tell him so he could take the appropriate action against their bullying"

Kaito became nervous after hearing all about this but then his gaze fell on his sketch where he has drawn a little white puppy and after clenching his little fists he then said,

"I am sorry that I didn't tell you anything about it because I was afraid... afraid of my father that if somehow this matter gets to my father then he will scold me and beat my mother. She is the only person I love the most in this world and I can't bear to see her get beaten by my dad. That's why I was also afraid of telling this to my homeroom teacher as he will have to call my parents in the school to resolve the matter"

After saying this he took a deep breath and then said,

"Actually my father is an alcoholic. Every day he returned home in the evening while drunk and starts to scold me and beat my mother at every little thing. Both Jason and William are my neighbors. There is a basketball court in our neighborhood that is right in front of our home. During the summer vacation, one evening Jason and William were playing in the court with some other kids of our neighborhood. That is the time for my father to return home. I went outside to dump the garbage when my father came back and parked his car, so when I returned back I crashed into him. He was usually drunk at that time and when he saw me he started to curse me that I don't even know how to walk properly and that I am some piece of shit that mom brought back from some garbage etc. Jason and William and all the other kids who were playing saw all of this. After that scene, they started to bully me more and more saying that I am a measly rat whose own father hates him. I know they are right I am... am rea.. really a a weakling who doesn't have the courage to... to protect her... her mother", his voice was now shaking at the end. His eyes were filled with tears but they didn't fall from his cheeks.

Tendo was listening to all of this with a dumbstruck expression. He couldn't believe that there are such parents in this world who are abusive towards their own children. After processing all of this he then asked,

"Then why you and your mom are still living with your dad?"

After rubbing his eyes Kaito replied,

"We can't leave that house because we have nowhere else to go. My grandparents are dead and all my maternal family is unwilling to accept us. We also can't live on our own because he is providing us with all the living expenditures and my mom has no job so she can't buy an apartment and cover our expenditures on her own"

Tendo was looking at him lost in thoughts. After telling him all of this Kaito then said with a smile,

"Tendo I am very thankful for all the times you have protected me from those bullies. You are my first friend and very good friend that's why I told you this. I want you to know that I cherish this friendship"

Tendo smiled in return and said,

"You don't have to thank me because we are friends"

At that time the bell for the start of class rang and the teacher entered the class. Kaito became attentive and focused on the lecture the teacher was delivering. However Tendo was still lost in thought thinking about how wrong those bullies are, they thought Kaito was a weakling but in Tendo's eyes, he was the most courageous person. He tolerated everything silently just to protect the person he loves the most in the world. He has no powers like Tendo but he has a heart that contains the love for his mother, that is his power and his courage that has kept him firm and standing in front of those bullies when he was just a small boy like him. 

Later on, that day when Tendo and Haruto were having lunch, he asked Haruto,

"Are you coming to the packhouse this weekend?"

They were as usual sitting on the ground under the Oaktree. Haruto didn't say anything today, his mood was similar to yesterday and Tendo could perceive that he was still missing that puppy. 

"Yes, why?", He said without looking at him. He didn't eat much and was just constantly staring at his food. 

"Umm I need to tell you something"

At this sentence, he lifted his head and looked at Tendo and then just nodded his head in response. 

After that little conversation, they didn't say anything to each other, both of them were lost in their own world, Haruto was thinking about that puppy and Tendo's mind was filled with the thoughts of Kiato's story and how he will going to tell Haruto about his identity thus all of their lunch break went like this.

That day when Asahi returned home he didn't find Tendo at home so he went to search for him in the backyard. From the distance, he saw him sitting at the swing facing the woods that were connected to their backyard. He started to walk towards him and when he got near to him he could see that he was so engrossed in his thoughts and a small pout could be seen on his face. He poked him from the side to get his attention and then said,

"What is troubling you so much that you are not even looking at me?"

Tendo looked at him then jumped off from the swing and asked,

"Asahi are there any parents in this world who are abusive to their own child?"

Asahi frowned a little at his unusual question and then said,

"Yes there are but why are you asking?"

Before Tendo could reply he then added,

"Ok let's take a walk and then you can tell me everything that is troubling you"

He then took his hand and they started to walk in a path that is leading towards the woods. 

During their walk, Tendo told him everything that he heard from Kaito about his family situation. 

"Asahi I feel very bad that I can't help my friend", Tendo said with a forlorn expression. 

They now have reached towards the ravine in the deeper woods. Asahi who was listening to all of this was now deep in thought.

Tendo didn't know that but all the area in this small town named Folklore was under the crescent moon pack control. They have many businesses here and their kinds were in every department governing this whole town. After listening to this Asahi was distressed to know that something like this was happening in his town and they were unaware of it. Even if they were humans they were living in their territory and it's their responsibility to keep them safe and maintain justice in society. 

Asahi sat at the rock near the ravine when Tendo said again,

"Dad, can you help him? You are very powerful you can help him right?", He was now looking at him with his puppy eyes. 

"Yes, I will look into this matter. You don't need to worry, your friend will be safe"

Asahi said while patting his head. 

"Thanks, dad. You are best", Tendo squealed and hugged him tightly. 

"I brought you here so I can see your full transformation and know what kind of power your wolf possesses", Asahi then said.

Then he added,

"You do know how to transform right? By thinking about your form in your head"

Tendo nodded his head.

He then closed his eyes and after a moment his form was replaced by a little white wolf cub with blue eyes.

"You are really small and cute," Asahi said with some amusement.

The cub woofed at him in response.

"Why are you woofing? You are not a dog", Asahi chuckled.

The cub was now whining.

"Ok ok I won't tease you. Now show me what's your wolf ability?"

The wolf cub was now gazing at him without any response. 

"You don't know?", Asahi asked with a raised eyebrow.

The cub nodded his head in response.

Asahi chewed his lip while in thought and then said,

"I will run and then you have to chase me" after saying this Asahi ran with his speedster ability. 

For an ordinary person, it would have felt like a blur but Tendo could see his form clearly. He started to chase him but couldn't keep up with his speed. Soon he lost him. After a moment Asahi came back. He then asked Tendo to transform back and tell him what he had experienced. After transforming back into his human form, Tendo said,

"I could see your form clearly moving unlike last time when I couldn't see how you move so fast but I couldn't keep up with your speed"

Asahi nodded his head in understanding and said,

"Your wolf senses are more powerful than other werewolves because they can't even see my form but right now I can't sense any of your special ability, so it might not have emerged yet. I will check your progress every weekend during weekends and we will see how your wolf is improving"

During training, a usually lovely Asahi was replaced by a strict teacher. Tendo who was always cheeky in front of Asahi becomes a serious student during their training. His training involved running, doing different exercises, and learning combat. 

They have two days off from school at the weekend. His Saturdays were spent while training with Asahi and his Sundays were spent at the packhouse where he spent time with Haruto, played with his pack mates, and do some pack chores. 

That weekend he was desperately waiting for the Sunday as he had to tell Haruto about his identity. On Sunday when he went to the packhouse he took Haruto into the woods under a Sycamore tree that was their usual spot to spent time together during the weekend. After reaching towards their spot, Tendo turned towards Haruto and then asked,

"Hyung are you missing that puppy?"

Haruto looked at him then after some hesitation, he nodded his head a little. 

"Ok now look at me carefully", Tendo said while pointing towards himself.

Haruto couldn't understand what Tendo was trying to do. He was going to ask him when suddenly he was shocked by the scene in front and he was gaping at the Tendo who was now replaced by a little puppy he was missing for the last couple of days. 

0