CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: GOBLIN TUNNELING 
447 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The party of 5 proceeded down the tunnel with their torches only lighting up about 5 feet in front of them. Goblin Dungeon’s were not that hard if you kept your wits about you. The mobs were usually between. LVL 10-20. The part that made them difficult though was the traps and the fact that the tunnels were filled with little holes that Goblins would ambush you from.

 

The party walked in a tight formation. Gabriel and [Grendel] were at the front, behind them were [Draco] and [Richard] with [Rolo] bringing up the rear. They made it to a large opening that consisted of 3 tunnels going different directions.

 

“Lets head to the one on the left first. Keep your eyes out for traps and ears open for suspicious sounds” Gabriel ordered getting a nod from everyone.

 

The moment they entered the left tunnel, they heard the sound of something dropping behind them as 4 goblins were now blocking the entrance and 4 Goblins scuttled out of holes in front of them. Surrounded by either side. They looked a little bigger than Goblins they fought out the front and had what looked like steel equipment. None of the party felt worried though with Gabriel leading them the other knew they would be fine. Gabriel used [INSPECT] on one of the goblins.

 

[Goblin Warrior – LVL 14 – HP 2000/2000]

 

“[Rolo] and [Richard] take the ones behind us. [Grendel] and I have the ones in front. [Draka] you keep your eyes out and help where needed. Everyone ready? Then let's go!” Gabriel yelled.

 

Gabriel issued out some quick orders and leapt towards the two Goblins on the left, leaving the other two for [Grendel]. Leading with his shield, Gabriel blocked a swing from one Goblin while activating [Heavy Chop] on the other. His sword bit into the exposed flesh of the Goblin’s shoulder almost chopping his connecting arm completely off.

 

[Critical Hit! - 500]

 

The goblin hit by his shield screeched at the sight of his wounded companion and sent a flurry of slashes at Gabriel. He blocked the swords effortlessly with his large shield and parried a wild swing from the injured Goblin. Before burying his blade straight through the throat, with a vicious rip to the side, the head came completely off.

 

[Critical Hit! - 1500]

 

Gabriel ended it with a spin and slammed the side of his shield into the other Goblins face. Now with enough Rage point accrued he activated three [Heavy chops] to the Goblins neck, taking yet another head. Gabriel turned around to see how everyone else was doing.

 

[Rolo] and [Richard] seem to have made quick work of three Goblin warriors and were teaming up to take on the third. With [Draka]’s help [Grendel] was just finishing off her second.

 

Due to being in a dungeon none of them got EXP until they cleared it or when they left.

 

[Draka] looted the goblins after they were slain. Gaining a couple of weapons and silver. As the party moved on, they were ambushed 2 more times and disarmed a number of traps. Reaching the end of the passage was a circular room. With different shaped bottles and beakers on top of tables. There were four [Goblin Warrior] and two new goblins. They looked older and were hunched over pouring liquids from one bottle to another. Gabriel inspected them.

 

[Goblin Alchemist – LVL 15 (Elite) - 1500/1500]

 

Gabriel remembered that these weren’t overly tough Elites but could become a nuisance if not dealt with quickly. They would throw out concoctions of all different kinds, that would give you multiple [Debuffs].

 

The four Goblin warriors noticed the intruders first and charged at the party together. Now the two Alchemist saw them too, they threw out potions filled with a light blue liquid. Gabriel ran ahead of the part first and got down in a crouch bracing himself against his shield. The first Goblin warrior threw his whole body a top the shield. Gabriel then lifted up with as much effort as he could throwing the Goblin in the air, right in the path of the concoctions.

 

They splashed over the flying Goblin Warrior and quickly started to freeze his body. Just before the other three Goblin warriors could impact Gabriel, [Rolo] used [Charge] and closed the distance in a flash. Knocking them down like bowling pins. [Rolo] then activated [Whirlwind] and with his two weapons slashed out multiple times in a circle.

 

“[Draka]! Take the alchemist on the right! Everyone else help [Rolo]” Gabriel shouted before leaping over a table and aiming a flying kick at the [Goblin Alchemist] head on the left.

 

[-25 – Stunned]

 

Gabriel used the 5 second stun to full effect and chopped the Goblin to pieces.

 

“Argh! SH*T! Get this stuff off me!”

 

[Draka] had inflicted some light wounds upon his Goblin but wasn’t fast enough to dodge the Goblin's concoction. Taking one straight to the face, he had a black tar substance stuck over his eyes, while he stumbled back. The Alchemist pulled out another bottle that had a green bubbling corrosives inside it.

 

Right when [Draka] was about to get his face melted off, a javelin came flying threw the air and smashed the bottle in the Goblins hand. Splashing the liquid all over his hand, the liquid quickly ate threw the flesh and you could see his bones. [Grendel] appeared in front of [Draka] and used her shield to block the liquid from landing on him.

 

[Richard] closed in and chopped off the Goblins already corroded hand before slicing his throat multiple times in quick succession. Ending the battle.

 

Gabriel walked over to the fallen [Draka] who looked up at him and gave an apologetic smile.

 

“Sorry Captain, I was too eager and wasn’t paying attention to his hands” [Draka] admitted in a soft voice.

 

“It is good that you know. We are always learning. One of the most important things in battle is to not rush it. Haste makes Waste. Now get up! We still have two more tunnels to go through” Gabriel encouraged [Draka] to not let him focus on his mistake to much.

 

“Sir, yes sir!" [Draka] replied with a smile, seeing he wasn't going to be scolded to harshly.

 

“Hey Chief! Look at what one of the Alchemist had on him. It seems to be a letter with instructions and has a formula written at the bottom”. [Rolo] beckoned Gabriel over to him and passed over piece of paper.

 

[Quest item received! - Letter from Orc General Ruksh’a]

  • Description: A letter giving out instructions to the local Goblin encampments to use the formula attached to poison [Roma] water supplies.

 

[Quest updated! The Imperium wants you! Part II (Advanced) (Chained)]

 

Task 1. Clear out Goblin encampment - 50/50

Task 2. Slay Goblin Chieftain - 1/1

Task 3. Must have 50% of squad survive - 13/13

Hidden objective; Find out the Orc General Ruksh’a plans in the [Goblin Tunnels –Dungeon] -1/3 letters found.

 

Gabriel a vague memory of [General Ruksh’a] because he didn’t join D.O. Until a year after the launch in his past life. These early missions were already completed and weren’t talked about often.

 

“Thanks [Rolo], good find. Let's search the other tunnels and find the rest of these letters.” Gabriel praised.

 

They tracked back to the chamber with three tunnels and took the one on the left. After being ambushed another two times, they came to a dead end. Turning around they noticed the Tunnel was filled with over 20x Goblin Warriors.

 

“[Grendel] with me! Lock our shields and jam them together. Don't leave a gap. The rest of you throw your remaining javelins and wait till we pull them in” Gabriel ordered in a calm and steady voice.

 

The Goblins swarmed at them in a tight mass due to the narrow tunnels the first few were rewarded with a javelin to the face. When they slammed up against the shields, Gabriel and [Grendel] braced themselves not giving an inch.

 

“Hold... Hold.... Push!” Gabriel commanded.

 

After slamming the shields forward suddenly, they dazed the Goblins closest to them. Leaving a gap open [Rolo] used his axe as a hook and grabbed two goblins quickly by the back of their neck and pulled them inside the shield wall, where [Draka] and [Richard] made short work of them. With this tactic they cleared out the 20x [Goblin Warriors] blocking the tunnel.

 

Arriving back at the tunnel with three entrances. Gabriel called a quick breather before moving on towards the middle tunnel. They weren't ambushed the whole way but had to remove a dozen traps, at the end was a large chamber with two Goblins separated by a table with a map on it.

 

The Goblin on the left looked different to the others they came across so far. He was the same size as Gabriel and was wearing a bronze cuirass and helmet with a red brush on top. Holding a large round shield and spear. He looked like a Spartan.

 

The Goblin on the right was wearing brown robes and a feathered headdress. He was holding a staff, with what looked like an Elven skull attached to the top.

 

Gabriel threw out a quick inspection.

 

[Hobgoblin Spearman LVL 20 – (Sub Boss) -HP 5000/5000]

[Goblin Shaman LVL 20 – (Sub Boss) - HP 3000/3000]

 

Gabriel gathered the rest of the party before entering.

 

“Alright, this will be a tough fight. [Grendel], [Rolo] and [Draka] I want you to focus on the [Goblin Shaman] watch out for his curses. He also has a summon ability. I want [Rolo] to engage the summons when they come and you two focus on the Shaman. Richard you're with me. Any questions?” Gabriel asked while looking at everyone.

 

They all shook their heads, instead of yelling out as they didn’t want to alert the bosses just yet.

 

“1...2...3... Go!” Gabriel yelled.

 

They split off and charged at the respective targets. The Shaman backed up quickly upon seeing the intruders and summoned three [Goblin Warriors] while working on another spell.

 

Gabriel and [Richard] worked on the [Hobgoblin Spearman] and just like the Spartans of old was an expert in covering his butt with a shield while using the reach of the spear to attack. [Richard] was quick with his attacks managing to inflict small wounds on the arms and legs. Gabriel used his shield to deflect majority of the spear thrust giving openings to [Richard] to inflict damage.

 

Gabriel waited until his Rage bar was full before ordering [Richard] to step back. He dodged a wide spear wipe before stepping in and slamming his shield into the Hobgoblins shield making the creature stumble back a couple of steps. Gabriel then activated [Sun Flare] causing a wave of flames to shoot out of his body.

 

Setting the Hobgoblin on fire and slamming it into the wall. [Richard] rushed over after the flame wave stopped and helped Gabriel slash the Hobgoblin down to zero.

 

The ran over to the other side and finished off the Goblin Shaman with the rest of the party. With only a few burnt spots here and there from the [Goblin Shaman] spells, the team looked in relatively good nick.

 

After looting the two bosses and getting the usual Gold and minor potions. Gabriel received a couple of good items.

 

[Spear of Sparta - (Rare) (Runed) - req. LVL 15 – Melee based class]

Based Damage 50-75

Special effects:

  • Strength +5
  • Armour penetration rune (Journeyman) - 25% chance to ignore armour
  • Active skill - [Phantom thrust] - Use 25 rage points to enable an overlapping spear thrust from a phantom spear (unavoidable)

[Goblin Summoner staff - (Rare) - Req. LVL 15 – Summoner based class]

Base damage 15-20

Special effects:

  • Decreases summoning time by 15%
  • Adds +1 to summoned creature Level

 

[Skill book – [Summon Goblin] (Rare) – Req. LVL 15 –Summoner based class]

  • Summon 2x Goblin Grunts – Summoned Goblins will be LVL 10 and equipped with Iron short sword and leather buckler. Costs: 100 Mana.

 

Three (Rare) drops were a great get for this low-level dungeon. The party also received one more letter from [General Raksh’a] from the [Hobgoblin Spearman] body.

 

The only thing left in the room was a steel door. As the party entered, they found themselves in a Hall. Located at the end of the Hall was a set of stairs leading to a wooden throne. Sat upon the throne was a muscular Goblin. He had on only a pair of pants and his chest was bare, rippling with muscle. A necklace around his neck adorned with a bunch of sharp teeth and long dirty brown hair. Resting next to the throne was a double-edged battle axe. The goblin didn’t react to their presence until the party reached half way to his throne.

 

“So, it was you pinkskins who were making all that racket! Well since you have come to my house, I would be a bad host if I didn’t give you a present before you left. How about that little Dark elf’s head in a basket!” The Goblin declared with a menacing glare.

 

The goblin roared before grabbing his battle-axe and leapt towards the party, holding the axe in a two-handed grip he slammed it into the floor. Making the whole Hall rumble and dust fall from the roof.

 

“Spread out!” Gabriel yelled.

 

The group quickly evaded the axe, circling around the Goblin. Gabriel used INSPECT on him.

 

[Hobgoblin Berserker (Boss) – LVL 25 – HP 15,000/15,000]

 

The Goblin wasn’t an awfully hard boss in Gabriel’s impression. As a Berserker he used wild swings and chops. He had increased damage but next to no defence, as long as a party had good team work, they could make quick work of this Boss.

 

Every time the [Goblin Berserker] lost 2000 HP’s he would activated [Whirlwind] and the party would scatter to the sides to avoid him. Before long the Goblin crashed to the floor muttering.

 

“You stupid Pinkskins... when the Orcs get here, you would all be wishing you died today...” The [Goblin Berserker] warned with his dying breath.

 

Gabriel looted the boos himself and received.

 

[You have looted 1x Goblin Berserker - (Boss)]

  • 50 Gold
  • 5x Medium Health potion
  • Necklace of Wyvern teeth (Rare) (No req.) - Increased Rage generation speed by 15%
  • Skill book – Grand slam (Uncommon) (Req. - LVL 15 – Two-handed weapon – Melee based class)
  • 1x Letter from [General Raksh’a]

 

Gabriel was happy with the loot as the party made their way out of the notifications to a slew of notifications.

[Congratulations! you have cleared dungeon [Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Normal)]

[Slayed the following]

  • 64x [Goblin Warrior] -EXP 128,000
  • 2x [Goblin Alchemist] - EXP 5000
  • 1x [Goblin Shaman] - EXP 10,000
  • 1x [Hobgoblin Spearman] - EXP 10,000
  • 1x [Goblin Berserker] - EXP 15,000

[Totalled EXP with 2x Buff – 327,000 Divided by party members]

[Congratulations! You have Levelled up! Current Level 10 – EXP required before next level 6615/128,000]

[Congratulations! Hall of Valhalla achievement! You are the first player world-wide to clear [Dungeon - Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Normal) - (RP) – 100 and 50x Gold]

 

Even though it was only a normal difficulty dungeon at this point, Gabriel was the first to find a dungeon in game at this point in time and clear it. The same notification was announced three times to all other players currently online.

 

[Congratulations! Hall of Valhalla achievement! Player [Osiris] is the first player world-wide to clear [Dungeon - Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Normal)]

 

[Congratulations! Hall of Valhalla achievement! Player [Osiris] is the first player world-wide to clear [Dungeon - Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Normal)]

 

[Congratulations! Hall of Valhalla achievement! Player [Osiris] is the first player world-wide to clear [Dungeon - Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Normal)]

 

Once again due to Gabriel's achievements, there were mixed reactions to the announcement.

 

“This Fu*ker again!” A large Northman player roared out loud.

 

“If I hear another announcement about [Osiris] I will shove something up his ‘Goblin tunnel” A female High Elf threatened.

 

“Wow! He is already clearing dungeons! This dude’s a beast! With such a head start he is probably already Level 20” A Dwarf working on a bent sword said in admiration.

 

“Does anyone know, who this guy is yet?? I can’t seem to find a single video about him” A human male asked his party members as they were entering a dungeon.

 

“[Osiris]! Carry me on your broad back!” A small female called out in the city streets of Roma garnering some weird stares from the passer-by's.

 

Gabriel re-grouped with the rest of his squad and got a report. Nothing went fubar, so he announced they completed their mission and started to head back to Roma. During the journey Gabriel still made [Draka] scout in front while they were in the forest. It took them a little over an hour to reach the walls of Roma and entered through the portcullis in a perfect double lined march.

 

[Sergeant Titus] was waiting for them at the Parade grounds. He had a slight grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Gabriel went up to him and saluted.

 

“Squad Captain [Osiris] reporting successful completion of mission! With no casualties!” Gabriel reported.

 

“Good job lad! Keep this up and you will go far. Let me hear your report” [Sergeant Titus] said while patting Gabriel's side as he couldn't reach his shoulder.

 

Gabriel handed over the Letters from [General Raksh’a] getting a notification in return.

 

[Quest completed! The Imperium wants you! Part II (Advanced) (Chained)]

Task 1. Clear out Goblin encampment - 50/50

Task 2. Slay Goblin Chieftan - 1/1

Task 3. Must have 50% of squad survive - 13/13

Bonus Objective: Retrieve [General Raksha’a] letters – 3/3

Rewards:

  • x5 Gold
  • Sub-profession promotion: [Legionaries Squad Captain]
  • 1000 EXP
  • High-Steel Segmented Armour (Rare)
  • Bonus reward: 5000 EXP and x10 Gold

 

“You have done well on this mission lad. The other guys will be staying in camp for some more training. I will notify you in about a week after I have talked to the higher ups about these letters. You are dismissed. Drop off your gear at the Legion armoury on your way out. [Sergeant Titus] said while looked worryingly over the content of the letter and dismissed Gabriel quickly before rushing off.

 

Gabriel went over to his squad mates and divided their loot evenly. The squad members were adamant in Gabriel taking the [Rare] gear using the excuse they would get better gear from the Legionnaire. He didn’t stand on ceremony and took them before bidding goodbye and heading off.

 

Gabriel picked up his gear from the guard post and equipped his Khopesh, cape and new Segmented Armour. Checking the time Gabriel headed off to the Inn to log out as he now had a couple of things to do (RT). He planned to log back in tomorrow when the city-wide Auction would be on.

20