CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: THE SHIRE BURNS
420 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Go open the chest [Mouse]” Gabriel said while pointing at the chest.

 

Mouse skipped over and swung open the lid of the chest. A notification appeared for everyone.

 

[You have found (Uncommon) chest. Received the following items:]

  • 1x [Rounded Door Shield (Uncommon) Req. STR 15 – Melee based class]
  • 1x [Hard leather boots of stability (Uncommon) Req. LVL 10]
  • 1x Flask of Oil
  • 5 x Gold

 

“Nice, good get [Mouse]. I heard you usually only get one piece of (Uncommon) equipment from (Uncommon) chests.” [Crocco] exclaimed.

 

“So, how are we going to split the items?’ [Dundee] asked.

 

“Why don’t we give items to the person most suited for them and roll for any item, more than one person needs?” Gabriel suggested.

 

“Sounds good to me. Considering no one besides me, uses a greatshield. I’ll take the shield then?” [Crocco] said.

 

Everyone nodded and [Crocco] accepted the shield. He equipped it straight away, it looked like one of the hill-houses doors.

 

“What about the boots? Anyone of us can use them, let's roll for them” [Dundee] said.

 

Everyone rolled for the boots. Mouse won getting a 99. After splitting the gold and giving the flasks of oil to Mouse. The party headed out and went to another hill-house. Running into one patrol of two Hobbits along the way. They made quick work of them and entered another hill-house further down the valley.

 

The hill-house didn’t have a ballista but 4 mages on top of pillars in each corner of the room. Another 4 [Hobbit Swordsman] were in the middle. Gabriel used his throwing axes and embedded one axe into 3 out of the 4 [Hobbit Mages]. He used [Recall] to pull their smaller bodies off the pillars along with his axe. The party then went to town on them.

 

Gabriel repeated the move every 15 seconds, once the cooldown was over. There was no treasure chest after they defeated all the Hobbits in the room. Mouse still managed to loot another pair of [Hard Leather Boots of Stability]. Gabriel won the toss this time with a 71. Gabriel thought to himself ‘I only won because Mouse didn’t roll’.

 

The party cleared two more hill-houses before coming to a larger hill then the ones they have entered previous.

 

After they entered with [Crocco] taking the lead, his large door shield held out in front. The part saw what looked like a mess hall or tavern. With three long tables and multiple small stools. On top of the tables were multiple flagons of alcohol. There were large casks of ale 10 feet high, covering all the walls.

Sitting at the middle table was the only two Hobbits in the room. Chucking back multiple flagons of ale, they were both chattering and giggling to themselves. Gabriel used [Inspect] on them and shared the info with the party.

 

[Perry and Mippin – LVL 20 (Elite) (Indifferent) (Warrior Bards)]

HP – 5000/5000 (Shared HP)

MP – 500/500

Additional info: Two famous Hobbits whose songs were heard across many battlefields. Notorious drunks that became stronger the more intoxicated they were. The two bards were also famous for having the uncanny ability to irritate the calmest of men.

 

Alright everyone listen up. I am not sure what [Spell-Songs] they have but I am sure they will at least have one AOE stun song and some buff ones. Their health is not much, which leads me to believe they can heal themselves. [Crocco] you take the one on the left and I have the one on the right. Mouse can you set up some [Explosion mines] if we get stunned trigger the closest mine and it should knock us out of the stun. Sound good” Gabriel commanded.

 

The party all nodded their heads and entered the mess hall, the two hobbits turned to the group at the same time.

 

“Would you look at this [Perry], a group has come to interrupt our drinking. One of them is even holding a door for a shield. Poor bugger must not be able to afford a real shield.” [Pippin] exclaimed while looking at [Crocco].

 

“Too right [Mippin], this is one poor looking bunch. That other fella is even using a bent sword. I would offer to lend them some money but they don’t look to friendly.” [Perry] replied.

 

“What? That’s a fella. With his long hair I thought he must be the new barmaid. What a disappointment. Let’s get rid of them and get back to more important matters. Like drinking.” [Mippin] said while looking at Gabriel in disgust.

 

The two Hobbits stood and pulled out short swords and metal bucklers. Gabriel threw one of his axes but it was deflected by [Perry] and his buckler. Gabriel used the moment [Perry] was distracted by the axe to close the distance. Tucking his shoulder in, he slammed into [Perry], making the Hobbit fall over his stool.

 

[Perry] recovered quickly and send several quick thrusts at Gabriel forcing him to sop his pursuit and parry. The Hobbit then leapt up on the long table, now standing just above Gabriel’s height. Bringing his short sword down while kicking flagons of ale at Gabriel’s face. Gabriel had to dodge both in quick succession, leaving him no room to counter attack.

 

[Mippin] was doing the same to [Crocco] on the side and because of his large shield it made it even more awkward for him. [Perry] started to sing and was joined shortly after by [Mippin].

 

ohhhh, there once was a fair barmaid. Her hair so silky and smooth. It shined in the breeze and when she walked past, her body made all men’s nose bleed. Gabriel was her name but she hid a great shame. She had a secret most heinous and that was she had the smallest penis!” [Mippin] and [Perry] sang in unison.

 

Everyone received a notification after they started singing.

 

[You have been affected by [Song of Shame], you are stunned for 5 seconds.]

 

“Now Mouse!” Gabriel roared with a vein pulsing on his forehead.

 

The Hobbits were just starting a second verse about [Dundee]’s body while attacking [Crocco] and Gabriel with their shortswords.

 

{-51}

{-72}

 

Mouse triggered the [Explosion Mines] he placed near them after just two attacks from the Hobbits. Gabriel received another notification after the mine’s blast sent him stumbling.

 

{-22}

 

[Stunned state has been negated]

 

Gabriel has enough rage accumulated after the short battle and activated [Heat of the Desert] covering his Khopesh in flames. He bought his sword down activating [Heavy Chop] on [Perry]. The Hobbit dodge the blade effortlessly but Gabriel wasn’t worried. He wasn’t trying to hit [Perry] but the table the Hobbit was standing on instead. With a loud crash. Gabriel split the table [Perry] was standing on in two, setting both ends on fire too.

 

[Perry] slipped down the table and into the flames. Rolling around on the ground to put out the fire. Gabriel jumped the flames and activated [Heavy Chop] again to bring the Hobbit’s health plummeting.

 

[Mippin] saw his companion in trouble and losing health quick. He started to sing a healing song but was interrupted by [Crocco] who copied Gabriel. [Crocco] rough his hammer down and after two swings with a [Heavy Chop] smashed the table sending [Mippin] into the stools bellow.

 

[Dundee] used two healing spells on both [Crocco] and Gabriel after she finished putting a Dexterity buff on Mouse. With a crossbow charged with [Penetrating shot] aimed at [Mippin].

 

“[Crocco] out of the way!” Mouse yelled while firing his cross bow, getting a critical hit on [Mippin].

 

[-650 Critical Hit!]

 

Because of the shared HP both Hobbits died shortly after.

 

The party took a chance for a rest and sat on the stools at the broken tables. Mouse ran over and looted the bosses. HE ran over to Gabriel in excitement.

 

“Big Brother [Osiris] look what we got!” Mouse yelled as they all got a notification.

 

[Your party has looted 1x [Perry and Mippin LVL 18 (Elite)]

  • 10x Gold
  • 2x [Flask of Oil]
  • 1x [Spell Book – Hangover Cure (Rare) Req. Priest based class. LVL 12]
  • 1x [High Steel Buckler (Uncommon) (Runed) Req. Warrior or Archer based class. LVL 12.
  • 1x [Hard Leather Gloves of Finesse (Uncommon)(Runed) Req. LVL 12]

 

“Good get Mouse. The spell book will go to [Dundee] and we will roll for the other items.” Gabriel suggested.

 

[Dundee] was over the moon with the Spell Book as it could cure all debuffs upon a target after a 5 second charge time. The party rolled for the other two pieces of equipment. Mouse won the Buckler and Gabriel got the Gloves just beating [Crocco] by 1 number.

 

The party left the hill house and made their way to the bottom of the valley. Clearing another 4-man patrol. There was a large open ground at the bottom ringed by a small stream with two little bridges going over it on either side. The bridges led to the roads connecting the hill-houses. The clearing had banners and long tables set up around it, like for a festival or birthday party. The party crossed to the other side and cleared out three more hill-houses and two patrols.

 

The party had still seen no sight of the Boss of the dungeon.

 

“Should we call it quits here? We have some good loot and have accrued a decent amount of EXP already. From what I can see we have been through all the houses. I don’t know where the boss could be.” [Crocco] suggested.

 

 

Gabriel was deep in thought for a moment.

 

“Actually, I have an idea on how to summon the boss.” Gabriel said then began to explain his idea.

 

“That sounds like it could work, well if it doesn’t, we can just leave the dungeon.” [Dundee] said. The party all split up and returned 10 minutes later to the clearing at the bottom of the valley.

 

“Everyone ready?” Gabriel asked the party.

 

After getting a nod from all members. Gabriel turned to Mouse.

 

“Okay, throw them out Mouse.” Gabriel issued.

 

Mouse nodded with a grin and pulled out the fire bombs. He chucked the fire bombs on both sides of the clearing, past the bridges. The bombs hit lines of Oil planted by the party that led all across the grassy hills. Setting everything on fire in a matter of minutes. The hill-houses all went up in flames and caved in on themselves.

 

Mouse started to cackle.

 

“Burn baby! Burn” Mouse yelled with a scary grin while watching the flames.

 

The party heard two pitter patters of running feet coming out on either side of the clearing. Two Hobbits jumped over the flames and entered the clearing. One Hobbit was lean, with shaggy black hair. He held a glowing silver short sword of elven make; it glowed a soft blue. The other Hobbit had a more solid build, with short blonde hair. He held two short-swords in either hand.

 

“Master Grodo! These monsters have set our beautiful hometown ablaze!” The blonde-haired Hobbit addressed the other.

 

“I know Tam! They must be here for the Ring. We must slay them!”

 

Gabriel used [Inspect] on the blonde-haired Hobbit first and then the one with the blue short sword.

 

[Tamwise “The True Hero” LVL 20 (Boss) (Hostile)]

HP – 10,000

RP – 500/500

Additional info: Tamwise was known for being a true hero down to the core. He was a great warrior and an even better friend. Tamwise would always shoulder his best friend Grodo’s burdens for him and even sometimes his very body.

 

[Master Grodo “The Corrupted” LVL 20 (Boss) (Hostile)]

HP – 7,500/7,500

MP – 200/200

RP – 200/200

Additional info: Grodo was once entrusted a great task, to save his very village and the lands upon which it sat. He had to dispose of a Corrupted Ring of Power. After a long journey fraught with many perils, Grodo and his best friend reached the volcano with the hottest lava to destroy the Ring. Grodo however tricked his friend Tamwise at the final moment and destroyed a fake ring, keeping the Corrupted Ring of Power to himself.

 

 

Well, we managed to summon the Bosses, what’s the plan now [Osiris]?” [Crocco] asked.

18