CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: FIGHTING A TRUE HERO
406 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alright, [Crocco] you focus on [Tamwise], focus on defence. Work on figuring out his strengths and weaknesses. [Dundee] get some distance and focus your healing on [Crocco]. Mouse you’re with me. We will work on [Grodo]. Gabriel commanded.

 

The party split off to take down the bosses. As Gabriel made his way over to [Grodo] he took out one of his Throwing Axes. Just as the axe left his hand, [Grodo] activated a spell, making the ring on his finger flash a clear white before he disappeared. The axe flew through where his position was and landed in the ground.

 

“Watch out guys! [Grodo] has disappeared, I think he has turned invisible. Mouse set up some [Frost mines].” Gabriel warned before getting Mouse to put down mines for control.

 

Gabriel focused intently, straining his ears for the noise of foot falls and watching the grass for movement. A few seconds went by before he noticed a piece of grass being flattened slightly. Gabriel used [Summon Javelin] and threw it at the empty air above the trampled grass.

 

“Argh!!” [Grodo] yelled as he materialized with a javelin in his thigh.

 

Mouse had been watching too and sent a [Grappling Shot] at [Grodo]. Successfully wrapping around [Grodo]’s legs. Gabriel rushed forwards and issued multiple slashes on [Grodo] while he was incapacitated.

 

“Fu*k!” [Crocco] yelled to the side, as he was being pushed back with multiple slices adorning his body.

 

“Mouse help [Crocco]. Leave this little pri*k to me!” Gabriel commanded Mouse.

 

[Grodo] released himself from the [Grappling Shot] and went on the attack. His attacks were atrocious though. Making Gabriel perplexed. ‘This is such an easy boss, besides going invisible. What else can he do?’ Gabriel thought to himself. He eventually got [Grodo]’s health down to 1000/7.500 and was about to finish him off with some [Heavy Chops]. When Gabriel noticed [Crocco] get thrown to the side by [Tamwise].

 

“AHHH!! [Grodo]! I’m coming!” [Tamwise] roared before charging at Gabriel at an abnormally fast speed.

 

Gabriel knew he couldn’t halt the charge and rolled away. [Tamwise] reached the battered [Grodo].

 

“Are you okay my friend? Don’t worry, you have done enough. Leave the rest to me.” [Tamwise] said while lifting [Grodo] on his back and facing the party by himself.

 

Gabriel looked at the pair and felt sorry for [Tamwise]. Even after being betrayed and let down by his friend. He still sticks by him. ‘Truly a Hero’ Gabriel thought. The men of the Group gave a silent salute to [Tamwise] for his bro-manship.

 

That didn’t stop the party from ganging up on [Tamwise]. Sending a barrage of spells, bolts and melee attacks upon him. Gabriel looked at [Tamwise]’s HP pool and noticed it hadn’t moved. He took a couple of steps back and let [Crocco] lead the attack. Gabriel needed a couple of moments to think. He looked around trying to see what was the cause of [Tamwise]’s sudden increased regeneration.

 

Gabriel than noticed [Grodo] on [Tamwise]’s back. His hand held a ring that was glowing a dark green. [Grodo]’s body was leaking out his life to sustain [Tamwise]. His body was slowly drying up, looking like he has aged dramatically in moments.

 

Gabriel knew what the problem was now. As much as the party was raining down hell on [Tamwise] he was giving back as good as he gets back. Gabriel had to move fast. He rushed forwards and threw one of his Throwing Axes. [Tamwise] skillfully deflected it though, sending the axe flying away. Gabriel used that moment to [Recall] his first thrown axe, that was imbedded in the ground behind [Tamwise].

 

The axe flew through the air and slammed into [Grodo]’s back. Leaking out a soft grown. Gabriel charged forwards and sliced at [Grodo]’s hand that was just under [Tamwise]’s neck. With a ‘schlick’ his hand was cleanly chopped off, with the ring falling off in the process. [Grodo] fell off [Tamwise]’s back with a light moan of pain.

 

The party took the opening to send all their attacks at [Grodo] to finish him off.

 

“NOOOOO!!” [Tamwise] jumped over [Grodo]’s body with a mournful shout.

 

Covering [Grodo] with his body left his back exposed to the party’s attacks, that came down hard. [Tamwise] HP dropped down to zero in a matter of moments, eventually losing his strength and toppling to the side.

 

[Grodo] was on his last legs too. He looked over at his friend and reached out, touching his shoulder.

 

“I am sorry [Tamwise]. I have always held you back. I would never have made it this far without you. Across the tallest of mountains and the deepest of caves. You have always been by my side. Even in death I follow you, resting comfortable upon your shoulders.” [Grodo] said with his dying breath and a tear rolling down his eye.

 

The party had stopped for a moment to watch the display.

 

“Jesus Christ. This game is more dramatic than some movies. Poor basta*ds.” [Crocco] muttered.

 

“Poor [Grodo], he didn’t realize how good of a friend he had until the end.” [Dundee] lamented.

 

“ooooohhhh... what great brothers. [Grodo] was lucky.” Mouse said in a soft sad tone.

 

Gabriel looked over and saw actual tears in Mouse’s eyes. He walked over and threw an arm around his shoulder, giving him a squeeze and a smile.

 

“It’s alright Mouse, they aren't truly dead. Every time someone comes into this dungeon, they are reborn. Now go check out what magical loot they have.” Gabriel comforted. He didn’t really care much about the dramatic ending, he was more excited about the loot.

 

Mouse nodded slowly to Gabriel’s words and trudged over to the two bodies. Putting his hand on them and showing the party what they got.

 

[You have looted:]

  • 1x 15 Gold
  • 2x [Ring of Friendship (Rare) Req. LVL 15 – Set 2/2]
  • 1x [Mithril Short Sword (Rare) Req. LVL 15 Melee or ranged class]
  • 1x [Mithril Chainmail Gambeson (Rare) Req. LVL 15 – Melee class]

 

“Oh nice! These are great. Let’s roll for them” [Crocco] said.

 

Mouse won one of the two [Ring of Friendship] and by some struck of luck so did Gabriel.

 

[Crocco] won both rolls for the short sword and chainmail.

 

“I feel bad about taking these both, how about you and Mouse split the gold.” [Crocco] offered to Gabriel.

 

Gabriel accepted with a thanks. They received a notification after a moment.

 

[Congratulations! You have cleared the dungeon [Hobbit’s Hovel] You will be teleported out in 5 seconds]

 

The party was teleported out and rewarded with their accumulative EXP when they arrived outside the dungeon.

 

Gabriel received a couple of notifications he quickly checked.

 

[Your party EXP total is as follows:]

  • 36x [Hobbit Warriors LVL 12] - EXP 216,000
  • 16x [Hobbit Mages LVL 12] - EXP 104,000
  • 9x [Hobbit Archers LVL 12] - EXP 54,000
  • 1x [Perry and Mippin (Elite) LVL 18] - EXP 120,000
  • 1x [Tamwise “The True Hero” LVL 20 (Boss)] - EXP 200,000
  • 1x [Master Grodo “The Corrupted” LVL 20 (Boss)] - EXP 200,000

[Total EXP 894,000 divided by 4 party members. Your total EXP 223,500]

 

Gabriel did the math and needed to do one more dungeon run before leveling up.

 

After everyone was finished with checking their notifications. [Crocco] turned to the party.

 

“That was great mates. You guys are awesome players. We ended up clearing the dungeon a lot quicker than I thought. The wifey and I have to head off. Hopefully see you guys around again soon” [Crocco] said.

 

The group disbanded the party and bade farewell. Leaving only Mouse and Gabriel together. Gabriel checked the time before turning to Mouse.

 

“Hey Mouse, I have enough time for one more dungeon run. Want to give it a go by ourselves?” Gabriel asked.

 

“Yeah! Let’s do it!” Mouse said throwing his hand up for a high-five.

 

Gabriel reciprocated and they both re-entered the dungeon. Gabriel used [Summon Medjay] when they entered for the extra hand. The reason Gabriel didn’t bring it out before, was he wanted to keep it as a trump card and didn’t want people to know he had such an OP skill. Now Gabriel and Mouse had finished a run before they made quick work of the Hobbit’s with the [Medjay]’s help.

 

When they finished, Gabriel finally got the notification he had been waiting for.

 

[Congratulations Osiris! You have Leveled up! Current Level 15 – EXP required before next Level – EXP 136,000/714,000]

 

Gabriel split his two (AP) in Endurance and Strength. The two (SP0 he put one in [Summon Javelin] and one in [Heat of the Desert].

 

Gabriel managed to increase his [Long Sword] and [Thrown Weapons] mastery by one level each.

 

Gabriel had a problem though, once he reached LVL 20. He could do a quest to upgrade his class but his being a (Unique) he had to be in Sarragos Kingdom to find a class trainer for [Medjay]. Gabriel thought ‘I might have to go see a God sooner then I planned to help with this matter. [Horus] would be a good choice but he doesn’t have a temple in Roma’.

 

Gabriel thinks he remembers seeing a Temple to [Horus] in one of the Free Cities of Mederva. He couldn’t get there yet though as the distance was too much to travel and the continental portals wouldn't open until next week. Gabriel put those thoughts outside of his mind for the time being as he wasn’t LVL 20 yet anyway.

 

Gabriel checked out the (Rare) items that Mouse had looted from the Hobbits. Starting with the [Ring of Friendship], Gabriel and Mouse both received.

 

[Ring of Friendship (Rare) Req LVL 15 – Set 1/2]

Special effects:

  • 1 of a set of 2 rings
  • If two members of a party are wearing a ring each, they can use 50% of their HP to heal the other ring-wearer's lost HP.

 

On the second run through, Mouse managed to loot another [Mithril Short Sword] which he had generously gifted to Gabriel.

 

[Mithril Short Sword (Rare) Req. LVL 15 Melee or ranged class]

Based Damage 65-85

Special effects:

  • Adds + 3 Dexterity
  • 15% extra damage to [Orcs] and [Goblins]

 

Gabriel planned to gift this to [Draka] from his Imperium Army squad on their next raid. Gabriel knew that the next part of the chained quest for the Legionnaire camp, would be an attack on a Orc horde.

 

Gabriel bid Mouse farewell and said he wouldn’t be on tomorrow until late if at all. As tomorrow was Monday and it was the day the World Bank announced their backing of D.O. currency. Gabriel had much to do.

 

He logged off and got out of his Dive capsule. Checking his phone, he saw it was 11pm and he had a couple of calls from Lucy and one from Tom. ‘I’ll call them back in the morning.’ Gabriel thought. Crawling into bed with a smile at the thought of what tomorrow will bring.

19