CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: WATER CANNON
424 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[World-Wide Announcement! Congratulations to Player [Braxen] for officially registering the Guild - [Overlords] - Being the first Official Gold Ranked Guild in [Valhalla], their guild will enjoy special benefits]

 

 

This announcement didn’t surprise Gabriel, as he knew that the Braxen Family had bought his Guild Token. However, Gabriel didn’t realize that just seeing the name [Braxen] in game, would set off a fire in his belly. A lot of repressed emotions that Gabriel had been consciously, and subconsciously repressing seemed to bubble to the surface.

 

 

With a hoarse roar at the Lizardmen, Gabriel charged forwards equipping one of his throwing axes in his free hand. The [Lizardmen Chiefess] roared back and pointed her trident towards Gabriel, with several follow up hisses at the other Lizardmen. They received their orders and all six surrounded Gabriel in a circle. Six tridents shot out at Gabriel, trying to turn him into a pincushion.

 

 

Gabriel caught one of the incoming tridents with his axe and threw it into the path of the incoming trident on his left. Setting the prongs such that the handle is interlocked. Gabriel flung out his khopesh and deflected two more assaults in rapid succession. Gabriel caught the intertwined tridents with the blade of his axe and tossed the two Lizardmen, who were attempting to free them, into the strikes coming from behind him.

 

 

The two Lizardmen, that were sent flying backwards were skewered by their brethren, letting out painfilled hisses. Gabriel turned around with his flaming blade and used [Heavy Chop] to slice at the back of their necks. The Lizardmen that had impaled their friends were having trouble pulling out their tridents, as the ones on the ends, squirmed and kicked in pain.

 

 

Gabriel used several quick but powerful [Heavy Chops] on the four entwined Lizardmen, as he skirted around them in a circle, lashing out every couple of steps. The two unoccupied Lizardmen chased him from behind. Their attempts at striking Gabriel, didn’t help their slowly dying brothers, as Gabriel would deflect every strike into the back of one of the stuck Lizardmen. After a few seconds passed, filled with the sounds of hissing and shrieking, the Lizardmen had all been slayed.

 

 

Gabriel faced the [Lizardmen Chiefess], his face slightly more relaxed than it was before, lips twitching up at the beginnings of a smile. The [Lizardmen Chiefess] had calmly watched her tribe members be slaughtered by Gabriel, with not a change in expression. The slit like eyes on the side of her elongated face seemed to glint with intelligence as she stared at Gabriel.

 

 

Gabriel noticed this, he had memories of fighting many Lizardmen in his past, he knew that the females were merciless but not without purpose. They had a calculating nature and too better gauge an enemy's strength; they would often sacrifice their warriors without a second thought.

 

 

“Come on... Clever Girl”. Gabriel taunted.

 

 

 

The [Lizardmen Chiefess] hissed and crouched down on all fours, like a Panther about to pounce. Her mouth opened revealing a full set of needle-sharp teeth. Gabriel could hear a deep gurgle coming from within her throat, an acidic smell started to permeate the air. A set of frills opened on the sides of her head, as the Chiefess shot out a ball of viscous goo in Gabriel’s direction.

 

 

 

Gabriel dodged to the side; he didn’t need to look back to know the goo was burning through the rocky floor of the cave. Gabriel threw one of his Axes, mid-dodge, it sailed through the air aimed at the Chiefess’s head, with a jerk it missed her snout and sliced into the frills on the left side like tissue paper.

 

 

[-450 CRITICAL HIT!]

 

 

Hissing out a low growl of pain, the Chiefess whole body tense. Gabriel rolled to his feet and used [Heat of the Desert] again to prolong the flames on his Khopesh. The Chiefess pounced at Gabriel, her claws leading. Gabriel dived underneath the attack and came up behind her. The Chiefess used her long claws to dig deep furrows into the rock, spinning herself around to pounce again. Gabriel pounced at the same time as the Chiefess, his khopesh swung out like a viper and cut into the frills on her left side. Gabriel couldn’t dodge mid-air and received a clawed swipe of his own. Leaving four deep claw marks in his side.

 

 

[-450 CRITICAL HIT!]

 

{-210}

 

The Chiefess was clawing the ground, her sensitive frills being sliced felt like ripping out a fingernail to her. Gabriel had built up enough Rage to issue out a [Scorpion Sting] burning through 100 Rage points in a moment. The scorpion took two seconds to materialize behind him before it pierced down at the Chiefess, with a wet squelch, a deep hole appeared in her shoulder.

 

Instead of the Chiefess hiss like voice, a more Draconic roar echoed out of her throat, as she lifted her head towards the cave roof. Gabriel charged forwards to finish her off, he had noticed the signs of her going berserk and wanted to end it quickly. Before Gabriel could make it within striking range, the Chiefess had summoned another ball of goo in her throat, this time coming out in a spray.

 

 

Gabriel dove forwards quickly as the now-frill-less Lizard ejected a spray of goo. Gabriel attempted to avoid the AOE assault, but little fragments of the sprinkler-like attack landed on his feathered cape and hands. Gabriel shot up after emerging from his forwards dive. Gabriel used his momentum to perform an uppercut with an axe held in a fisted grip towards the top. With a loud click, the Chiefess' jaws closed, interrupting the AOE attack.

 

 

Rocking back a couple of steps from the sudden impact, the interruption of her attack gave the Chiefess a three second [Stun]. Gabriel charged, dropping his axe to the ground in the process and taking his khopesh in a two-handed grip. He used [Heavy Chop], and without the usually finesse of his attacks, struck the side of the Chiefess’s neck repeatedly; it became a mess in a matter of swings. Letting out grunts of pent-up rage and frustration with every time he struck. Gabriel finally felt the spinal bone give way under his assault and the [Lizardmen Chiefess] fell over headless.

 

 

 

Gabriel stood there, staring down at the corpse, his body covered in purple ichor. After a few moments, Gabriel regained his composure; he was concerned about events like this occurring while he was alone. 'I really need to talk to someone about these suppressed emotions; if they escape at an inopportune time, it will be too late to undo the damage, but who do I talk to, who would understand?' Gabriel analyzed his emotions. Gabriel pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind and scanned his notifications, realising this wasn't the greatest moment for an emotional breakdown.

 

 

[You have slayed the following:]

  • 1 x [Lizardmen Chiefess (Boss) – LVL 15 – EXP 30,000]
  • 6 x [Lizardmen Guard – LVL 12 – EXP – 15,000]

[Current Level 17 – EXP required before next Level – EXP 263,500/920,000]

 

Gabriel needed to do some grinding soon, so he can reach LVL 20 and finally access some of the Godly [Blessings] he had been wanting. The hope was that the upcoming small-scale war with [Baroness Mengrel]’s Witch/Demon army would net him a decent amount of EXP. Gabriel remembered from his previous life that a unique situation would crop up near the end that could net him a fair chunk of EXP and title, he badly wanted. With the new chunk of Gold that had come from the [Guild Token] sale, Gabriel planned to make another trip to [Draganov]’s black market shop in the hopes for an item that might help.

 

 

Gabriel lotted all the corpses, receiving little from the Guards but received something interesting from the Chiefess.

 

[Looted: 1x [Lizardmen Chiefess (Boss)]

  • 10 x Gold
  • 20 x [Wyvern Scale (Crafting Material) (Rare)]
  • 1 x [Acid Spray Spell Book (Rare) (Req. Mana-Based class – LVL 15)

 

 

‘These are perfect. I need to take these scales to an armorer, could make a new chest plate and wrist guards; if they don’t misuse any of the material.’ Gabriel thought to himself. Gabriel made his way over to the now-lizard-free lake, estimating that swimming down to the water pump would take at least 15 seconds. He dove in after throwing back the [Ocean's Breath] potion. Gabriel approached the water pump with one of his axes in hand, grabbed a firm grip on the pump, and swung the axe into the obstructions.

 

 

 

After 10 seconds of beating at the barrier, splinters of bone and wood floated around Gabriel. Gabriel slammed into something much harder, and small scale-like chips floated out of the pump. Gabriel reattached his axe to his belt and reached into the vacuum with both hands, grazing something smooth but strong with his fingers. With bubbles pouring out of the side of his lips and veins throbbing on his forehead, Gabriel planted his feet on both sides of the orifice and yanked as hard as he could. A dead [Lizardmen Guard] came shooting out, looking like it had played the game twister but things had gone tragically wrong.

 

 

 

Gabriel plundered the Lizardmen as it passed by, but the sound of clunks and clatters of gears moving prompted him to return to the pump. The water pump restarted at full force with a BROOOOM! that sounded like a car engine revving. Gabriel felt a force pulling him towards the opening, which grew stronger as time went on. He tried to back away as quickly as he could, but his proximity to the pump drew him in. Gabriel covered his head with his arms for the next 30 seconds, seeing nothing but black as he rocketed up the pump.

 

 

 

Only his swearing, pain cries from striking the sides of the huge pipe when the current took him around a sharp curve, and the occasional gurgling when water got into his mouth accompanied him. As he came rushing out of a pipe towards the summit of the mountain, Gabriel finally saw a sliver of orange light shine on his face through a break in between his arms. Gabriel free plummeted with water cascading around him after being released directly from Eagle Peak's mouth. Gabriel morphed into a Human waterfall at that point.

 

 

 

“FUUUUUUUUUUU*KKKKK!!” Gabriel shouted, before he activated [Glide].

 

 

His speed of fall, on the other hand, only allowed him to slow down enough to avoid instant death. Gabriel smashed his head against the side of a sink, finally rolling down the hole to the bottom. The water that Gabriel had just sprayed out of the pipe cascaded into the basin and also onto him, who was now laying at the bottom. Gabriel merely lay down and sucked on a [Minor Health Potion] with his eyes closed, enjoying the accidental shower that was helping to wash away the left over Lizardmen ichor.

 

 

“Been a busy god damn day” Gabriel muttered to himself.

 

 

 

“Is this what you were talking about [Lil Tiger]? I think you’re right; this can’t just be a coincidence anymore.” A female voice said to someone, the voice came from above Gabriel.

 

 

Gabriel’s eyes shot open, he sat up, wiped the water off his eyes and squinted up at the shadowy figures standing on the edge of the basin.

 

 

“Exactly! It is just as I guessed [Phat-Cat]! I said, that if he wasn’t at the manor up top, all we had to do is wait at the bottom of the mountain, talk about Gabriel out loud and he would eventually fall from the sky.” [Lil Tiger] exclaimed, putting on the voice of a scientist who had just found proof of her hypothesis.

 

 

“Hey girls, you do know I can hear you, right? Also, [Lil Tiger], I’m not a summoned creature like Bloody Mary. It’s just.... just... a god damn coincidence...” Gabriel sighed in defeat. It was becoming harder to just call it a “coincidence” to even himself, let alone [Lil Tiger], when he keeps falling from the sky in front of her.

 

===============================================================================================

Hi everybody! Thanks for your continued support. The next few chapters will be IRL, as Gabriel puts most of the plans finally into motion. Then we will follow along in game for a while and go at a bit of a slower pace, as with Gabriel finally setting up things IRL, he can focus on things like starting a guild, dungeons, grinding and upskilling his profession. If you can't wait for the weekly updates and you want to read up to 5+ chapters ahead, you can visit my Patreon. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, I will try to get back to everyone asap. Thanks again. 

17