[ARC I] CHAPTER 1.3
808 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ARC 1: SURVIVAL GAME]


CHAPTER 1.3


___________________________________________

Unedited

After 10 minutes, fireworks once again light the dark sky, and the black screen Pops out.

[A chopper will arrive in 3...2....1]

Then a chopper appears not far from them like it just came out of nowhere, in-game it was called 'spawn'.

Because of the chopper, wind pressure becomes stronger, dusk were flying around which causes them to close their eyes from time to time.

[Please enter the chopper]

One after another they enter the chopper when everyone was in everything blackout. 

'W-what happened? System?'

[*Beep* please calm down host]

After the system had finished speaking, a chopper appeared before him. It was the one that took them away from the rooftop and it was currently up in the air.

It looks like he was watching a movie, where the chopper is, he would be there too.

Is this a cutscene? Amazing! 

Suddenly, the chopper started to become unsteady.  Caidie is not sure what was happening inside. It continues to shake until it just dives straight down to the outskirts of a town. And the cutscene ended.

A burning heat is the first thing the ten people felt. They opened their eyes and saw the chopper they were supposed to be in is now burning. The pilot is nowhere to be seen only them. 

"Wha-What happened?" One of them ask

"I just...saw..."

"A chopper right? A saw it too!"

"Why..."

"I think it was game cutscene since we are inside the game..." Caidie suddenly said.

Everyone looks at him. Receiving the attention made him close his mouth tightly.  Won't just talk me1it was supposed to be a Filipino meme 'Dili nalang ako mag talk' which means "I will just shut up" or "I'll just stop talking". I wanna put the original meme but some may not understand so I just decided to make it into a funny error in grammar .

"It might be..." William agreed

Then the black screen appeared once again.

[Task #3: Enter the Dark Woods in 10 minutes, gather branches for 5 minutes, make a bonfire in 3 minutes, survive for 30 minutes.]

[Time starts…now]

Then a timer appeared on their wrist.

“That is four tasks then after this we will have 5/10?” Cole asked.

“No the task number only said number 2” Jaemee answered

“For now, let’s do the task first, I think this was the time limits.” William said and looked at his group while shaking his wrist.

Cassandra suddenly wrapped her hands around William's arm and said in a coquettish tone, “William, I’m scared”

William scrunches his eyebrows and removes her hand with full of disgust on his face, then he looks at Caidie’s direction for a second then looks away. He put his arm on Erick and Caidie’s shoulders and walked together into the woods.

"Won't there be a zombie here?" Caidie ask, he continue, "We should be ready" then he remove the arm on his shoulder and took a stick from the ground.

William chuckles, "Will you be able to kill a zombie with that?" 

Hearing this Caidie throw the small stick away like nothing happened. 

"Here" William gave him the gun he was holding.

[Colt Python acquired (Damage +1)]

"Wha---? This gun is useless!" Caidie said.

"What's wrong?"

"Seriously? How come you were able to kill those zombies with a gun that only has one damage?"

"One damage? It has 25 damage---" William stop talking when Caidie showed him a screen.

"Maybe it is because he was the doctor..." Erick suddenly said.

'Argh! So useless! System! Why would you give me this character? You should have chosen William he was cooler!' Caidie said irritatedly to the system.

[*Beep* Body was chosen by the main system and this system can't change the decision.]

Caidie walks dejectedly. Seeing this Erick hurriedly comfort's him, "Hey it's fine! Me and William will protect you don't worry!"

According to the world information, Sian and William were friends since they were seven and the two of them always choose the same school. 

Sian always admired William, for he was talented, handsome, and smart, he always aces the exam, while he was one of the average students. William was actually able to enter the number one university in the country but declined it because Sian won’t be able to enter. William planned to enter the exam but seeing the crying Sian, he couldn’t do it, he was reluctant to leave his baby-like friend.

Unknown to William, his friend Sian, actually fell in love with him. Sian was able to discover these feelings when they were in high school. He just always discovered himself looking at William. He will always think of him. There was even a time when he was watching a movie, the two protagonists of the movie were having a kissing scene, and he actually see himself and William doing it. Realizing what he was thinking he ends up slapping his face until it was burning red.

Discovering his feelings, he started to take a step away from William, hoping to stop these forbidden feelings. It was not a problem for him to discover that he was gay, his problem is that the one he like is his best friend and a straight guy. The other will surely be disgusted by him. 

But he didn’t achieve anything, for William will always be the one who will walk step towards him and say it was his fault even though Sian didn’t say why he was making a distance. He hated William for this but also felt touched because it shows that for the other, he was important, because of this his feelings became deeper.

Caidie sighed, this cause for William to look at him, “What’s wrong?” William asked.

“Oh! Nothing! I was just tired” Caidie replied.

“Want me to carry you?”

“Eh? Ah! No! no need! haha!” then Caidie scratch his ears.

Erick suddenly said, "Tired!? Your stamina is still half-wait---half?" 

Erick, "How come it was already half while we still have 95%! We haven't walked that far yet..."

Caidie sighed, "It might be because of my chosen character"

William suddenly bent down and said "Ride my back"

"It's fine it's still half!" Caidie declined.

"You need to save stamina, once it runs out you won't be able to move. What if a horde spawns suddenly, how will you be able to run?" William said. Caidie was convinced so he nodded his head and had a piggyback ride on William.

After 9 minutes of walking a  floating screen appeared in front of them.

[You have arrived on Dark Woods please proceed with the following task.]

Caddie came down from the back of William and started to gather branches.

"Let's also gather a lot of leaves," one of them said and everyone agreed.

After doing the gathering and making a bonfire task another screen floated in front of them.

[Survive]

The single word made them feel danger. The surrounding suddenly darkens, it was like the sun was put on a fast forward mode, and the moon which didn't have much light appeared up in the sky. The only light source they have is the bonfire in the middle of their circle.

"No wonder it wants us to make fire" after this sentence zombie growls sounded.

"They're coming..."

_______________

4