Chapter 1: Meeting Each Other Yet Again
207 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ray let out a sigh of frustration upon hearing a familiar sound of something small in size landing behind her. She turned around, ready to yell at Sammy to leave her alone, only to see a tin can was the source of the sound. Looking up, Ray saw that it was a pigeon that had knocked it over.

The pigeon looked at her, cocking its head, before it flew off. As it did, Ray felt a hole open up in her chest and she had to lean on the wall of the apartment building she was in for support.

 

‘That’s right. Sammy’s dead.’

 

Ray was confused why she thought that. She knew Sammy was dead. She had praised the fact that she died, ripped and torn apart by the corrupted that ambushed them. Slightly confused as to why Sammy pushed her out of the way even though Ray didn’t need her help. 

The girl betrayed her. She had won her trust and then backstabbed her. Sammy was a traitor and deserved what was coming. 

With that thought in mind, Ray let out a dry chuckle, getting rid of her thoughts of pity for the girl. With any luck and a lot of determination, something Ray has plenty of, she’ll forget that traitor Sammy and move on. She doesn’t need to trust anyone. The world has, once again, proved that to her.

Now that she is free, she’ll move to another smaller city and make a nice little home for herself there. The thought sounds really nice. Besides, she knows that the trip would be easy, or at least should be. Most of the corrupted were in the west of the city, busy hunting down the survivors. That’s not to mention the pack that was hunting her would stop now that they have killed Sammy.

Humming a little tune, Ray got off the wall and looked back up, hoping to spot the pigeon from earlier soaring through the sky. 

 

Instead, she froze, her body temperature dropping. Right where the pigeon was perched earlier was a white head with short orange hair tied into rough big pigtails. Their eyes were black and much larger than normal, and their smile was also black, like it was made of the abyss. 

Their arms were white with some black chunks and their hands were pitch black and featureless, the fingers ending in curved claws. A light grey t-shirt with a faded orange bear on it, the shirt torn, was like the last big slap to the face. She knew exactly who this corrupted was.

“S-Sammy?” Ray got out, disbelief in her voice. 

The corrupted cocked her head, a low buzzing sound filled the air. It was as if she was confirming what Ray already knew. 

A feeling of despair began to set in. Not only did Sammy turn within two hours, but she had managed to track Ray down after just turning. And, if Sammy had tracked her down, then the pack from earlier surely must have too.

Before Ray could even think of a plan, The Corrupted Sammy lunged off the high beam at Ray, moving faster than a blink. It was only years of experience and her training that allowed Ray to jump to the side. Still, of course she wasn’t fast enough. No human, no matter how strong or fast they were, was fast enough to avoid getting injured badly in this situation.

The Corrupted Sammy’s claws slashed through Ray’s left hip, the area of contact becoming horribly cold, like dipping in an ice lake while naked.

As Ray fell to the ground, the Corrupted Sammy turned and calmly tilted her head, looking at Ray, her cruel black eyes telling her to get up. As Ray did, not wanting to die so easily and, if she does, not die on the ground, she ran her hand over where she got clawed.

There was a gash there but most of the area was covered in black liquid similar to looks to the black on the Corrupted Sammy. That meant two things. One is that the corrupted didn’t want to kill her outright. If she did, her entire hip would have been gone from that blow. The only bright side, besides the fact that she survived, is that the wound wasn’t deep enough to cause her serious harm. This  led to the second thing, which was the corrupted wanted to play with her food for a while.

Ray wasted no time and faked a jump to the left. Instantly, Corrupted Sammy lunged forward, sailing past Ray. As Ray started running away, the Corrupted Sammy flipped around and landed on the wall, sticking to it and watching Ray run away before she started shaking, a horrible hissing sound filling the air before it stopped for a couple of seconds. Then, at once, the corrupted roared. Her roar sounded human but was much more. A horrible screech that sounded corrupted at the end, like the voice was glitching out. A roar that would put a tortured soul in Hell to shame.

As Ray slammed the door to the staircase up to the roof behind her, the metal door was nearly instantly caved upon by the Corrupted Sammy lunging at it. As Ray made it to the roof and opened the door, the door she closed was sent flying, broken off its hinges. Ray caught a glimpse of the Corrupted Sammy poking her head in. Their eyes met and Ray felt herself shuddering at the sadistic glee in the black of Corrupted Sammy’s eyes.

Then, Ray closed the door and barred it with a wooden plank. Just as she did so, the door caved. As Ray backed away from the door, the door continued to cave more and more in, the wooden plank cracking down the middle under the pressure. 

It was at this point that Ray felt a slight tingle run down her spine. Not wasting even a moment, she jumped to her right with all her might. Just as she did, the ground under her erupted as the Corrupted Sammy jumped through the reinforced concrete ceiling and everything in between with one solid jump.

Ray didn’t waste a moment and rolled to the right, ignoring the dust cloud that tickled her eyes and caused her throat to feel like it was on fire. She was rewarded for her choice when the Corrupted Sammy slid right past where she was a moment before, her clawed right hand causing a tiny crater where Ray’s head was. 

Knowing that she doesn’t have any time to rest, Ray pushed herself back just in time to avoid a clawed hand reaching out to grab her head. The Corrupted Sammy had spun around when she slid past Ray, facing her. Even though Ray had managed to avoid getting grabbed, her luck had run out. There was no way she could move far enough away or get up in time to avoid getting pounced on by the Corrupted Sammy.

And that is exactly what happened. The Corrupted Sammy tackled Ray, sending them into an AC. The force of the tackle caused the AC to cave in on impact, and since it was Ray’s back who hit the AC, she coughed up some blood. However, the next moment Ray grit her teeth and, with all her strength, threw the Corrupted Sammy off of her. 

The corrupted flew two feet in the air before she turned and landed on top of another AC. It was at this point that Ray noticed something. Something that should have been pretty obvious but Ray failed to notice anyway.

 

Sammy had no legs. She was, instead, only a torso.

 

For some strange reason, this caused Ray to fall down and cover her mouth in shock. She even felt tears well up in her eyes.

The Corrupted Sammy’s smile faded and her eyes flickered, turning white for a brief moment, before she lunged at Ray. Ray had no time to react and was pinned down. Being this close to the corrupted allowed Ray to see that she had a black patch on the right side of her chin. Every black spot except for the feet, hands, eyes and mouth of a corrupted are chunks of missing flesh from when they were alive. 

Plus, depending on how big the piece is, it may not restore itself until months or even a year after the infection. That meant that Sammy would remain legless for a long time.

Knowing this, Ray blurted out, though her voice was more of a whisper, Sammy’s name. 

Before Ray could even think about why she said that, Corrupted Sammy’s black mouth turned white in color and she opened her jaw. Jutting out from the white came large sharp black teeth, black drool like webs in her mouth.

As the teeth grew bigger, Ray closed her eyes and waited for the bite that would not only infect her, but end her life.

….(Lick)....

Ray opened her eyes in surprise and saw a long white tongue with a black outline. 

 

‘Ah! She’s tasting me. Alright the-’

 

Ray’s thoughts were rudely interrupted when the Corrupted Sammy began to snuggle with her, making a sound that was a mix between a cat, a dog, and a little girl sounding like Sammy back when she was still human. 

Ray could only watch in stunned silence as the corrupted nudged her up against the AC she was tackled into earlier before it let out a small yawn. Then, the corrupted, a sadistic monster born from a virus that are remorseless killers, attacking anyone indiscriminately, curled up on her lap closed their eyes.

It wasn’t until the Corrupted Sammy fell asleep on her lap did Ray finally break from her shock.

 

….

….

….

 

“What…just happened?”

 

Hello there! True fact, this is a story idea I've had for a long time. However, due to some certain complications, the story you see here is an actual side story of the main one. In case you are wondering what happened to the world, well...the world went to shit. That's it.

Warning you now: This story contains gore, death of people at any age, and will go into description on how they died, and a few hidden topics about religion, the social norm, and technically a relationship with a dead person since Sammy isn't human and is technically now a corpse. Yes, this is a slow romance and many of these topics appear later on. Also, another thing to note, the corrupted are not really zombies. The first chapter should give that away. You'll maybe read a corrupted doing something completely ridiculous later on then doing something that seems weak to what it just did.

Don't Worry! That will be explained later on. Anyway, hope you enjoy this short little chapter and have a great life!

P.S. Magical Girl Grape/Magical Girl Of Suffering is on temporary hold until I can make more chapters. I've been on chapter 4 four a while, pun intended.

8