Chapter 31: So Is The Destiny (Final Battle Prelude) 
311 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 31: So Is The Destiny (Final Battle Prelude) 
 
At the edge of the mother system's core sector was laying a sea of ships, each more different than the other.
 
Thousands of ships with different emblems were preparing for their final battle in the most dangerous sector of this dimension.
 
In the midst of these many ships was a particular one.
 
Although one could tell what shape it had when built, it was so badly damaged that it seemed miraculous that it could still stand in the space vacuum without its crew dying of asphyxiation.
 
This mighty vessel, slightly larger than the cruisers surrounding it but smaller than the powerful battleships standing quietly behind, was none other than the Lance of Kar'goth.
 
Its particular triangular shape gave it an aggressive and revengeful look, although the numerous holes that were grossly patched due to lack of time to fix it, made it much older than it looked.
 
Nevertheless, it was built thousands of years ago and it was so well built that it had to be almost entirely destroyed and completely broken down to finally look like a ship of its age. 
 
To look like what it is supposed to be ; a relic of the past.
 
This sea of ships, made up of five different groups with five different emblems, started to get in warp formation.
 
The front ranks of this fleet consisted of a swarm of corvettes, these small vessels whose sole purpose was to harass the enemy with their large numbers and high mobility.
 
Behind them was the bulk of their forces, an entire wave of destroyers and cruisers that represented the spearhead of this great army, spreading from one side to the other of this giant sea of ships. 
 
This versatile group, designed to respond to all types of threats and fulfill all types of roles, always had the biggest responsibilities during a war of this scale.
 
From close protection to long-range support, they do everything, and they have to do it well to open up the battlefield for the bigger ships standing behind them.
 
Those gigantic mastodons, standing as leaders and huge impenetrable flying fortress.
 
From the top of their exotic metal masts, multiple arrays of powerful cannon batteries stood ready to pour their torrent of fire and flow of destruction on their enemies.
 
These battleships, each so powerful that they could reduce a moon to dust in less time than it would take to blink, are the centerpiece of the assault that this impressive fleet is preparing to launch.
 
Among them, surrounded by four spaceports serving as advanced bases, was the most imposing and frightening ship the Void has ever produced in its long history.
 
Its shields are so strong that even the strongest solar storm cannot penetrate them.
 
Its engines are so efficient that the ship could cross an entire supersector of the universe in a single jump.
 
Its hull is so dense that it could destroy a mega-structure in two by ramming into it.
 
Its weapons are so powerful that a single shot from its main caliber has the power to traverse a planet from one end to the other.
 
It is the Admiral Ship of the Fifth Legion, the flagship bearing the colors of all the Void legions. It is the one and only Dreadnought-class ship that the Void natives have been able to build after a century of research and construction.
 
It is the pride of the Void legions, commanded by the most valiant and powerful leader among all.
 
It is the Spirit of Vengeance, massive dreadnought of the Void, in which the War Chief, commander of the fifth and most powerful legion, as well as supreme leader of the entire Void fleets he united a hundred years ago, decided to fight one last time for the salvation of his dimension and his people.
 
No one knows his real name nor his appearance or race, which he hides under a thick armor made of an unknown material, however, everyone in the Void recognizes his virtue and his power.
 
After long years of fighting throughout the Singularity, the legions are finally reunited and ready to invade the most important sector and last rampart of the Scyllas.
 
These same legions, at war for so long against their long-time enemies, have never been so close to ending this conflict than today.
 
As all the ships took up position in their formation, the massive Dreadnought commanding them shimmered, before disappearing.
 
Next came the massive battleships, then the resistant cruisers, the powerful destroyers and the numerous corvettes.
 
Finally, after this tide of ships that was just a moment ago spreading over tens of thousands of kilometers had disappeared, only one ship remained.
 
This triangular vessel, around which flew a cloud of small interceptors, this relic of ancient times, of a so distant era, disappeared in its turn.
 
Leaving behind it the oppressive nothingness of the Singularity, which with its reddish tint seemed to announce beforehand the color of the blood that was about to be poured.
 
For in this grim dimension, only blood and tears will have a chance to quench the thirst of that gloomy destiny that sent those many lives to their doom.
 
For none of them doubted, but all of them knew that they were throwing themselves into the lion's den with little to no chance of survival.
 
Only their victory counts, and so perhaps by dying for their belief their souls can make their redemption through suffering.
 
Only then, would the Void be finally free and their struggle against the Scyllas would have the meaning worth their given lives.
 
___
author nt:
This is a short bonus chapter released with ch30, it is a small prelude I wanted to write for the final battle between the Scyllas and the Void legions.
I hope you enjoyed it !

Thanks to Aleas32 for your support on Patreon !

___
 
Do not hesitate to comment the novel on discord, so I can improve it with your help.
 
If you like my novel, feel free to visit my Patreon to read chapters ahead of everyone else.
 
The novel is published on Royal Road, Scribblehub and Webnovel.
10