CH. 13 – Adjustments
195 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the last period, I ask Aizawa-sensei where the development studio is. This is where I am now, in front of the development studio. I knock on the metal door and wait for it to be opened.

~ a few seconds later ~

No one opened the door…. I knocked at it again.

This time, the door is opened by Digger (Power Loader). "What can I do for you?" Besides his voice, loud mechanical gear sounds came out from inside the development studio. Is it soundproofed? I didn't hear any when the door was closed.

"Costume upgrades," I answered and showed him the costume case I brought.

"Alright,—" He goes back into the development studio. "—Get in"

I looked around the room. It looks like an inventor's/engineer's room. Tools on the wall, wires, gears, fuel, machines, computers, chainsaw…. Chainsaw? Are they cutting trees or what? Maybe they're installing it into someone's head and arms or something. I saw a silhouette moving about, hiding behind the shelf.

Digger sat down and reached over his arm to me like it was asking me to hand over something. "Your case?"

"Ah, yeah. Here." I hand over the costume case to his reaching hand. He then put it on his table, on its back, and opened it.

Digger searched for the costume's instructions and nodded. "So, what do you want to adjust? If it's minor things, then I can do it now; if it's a major adjustment, then you'll need to wait for three days so the support company could finish it."

"First, I want ALL of the strings to be made out of carbon nanofibers." The strings didn't break at the combat training, but I'd doubt the exposed brain (Nomu) would be the same. "Second, I want all of the strings to have a way to cut them and the red tubes on the costume to be made out of an isolated material." Don't want anything Electro to happen again. "Third, I want the strings' path out inside the costume to be spread out instead of them being clumped together, as in, they wrap around my arm, body, and legs before reaching the costume's strings' openings." So I could use the strings better for extra strength and protection, this should prevent dislocation.

"I don't have any carbon nanofibers strings in the storage. You'd need to wait for three days, until the support company sent your costume back, alright?"

"Yeah, sure." USJ would probably be next week anyway. If they didn't change the timetable. "Thanks for your time." I left without paying any attention to an explosion from behind the shelf which covered half of the room when I closed the development studio's metal door. Good luck with the girl, Digger-sensei.

As I was walking away from the door, clouds of dark dust blew out and two ash-covered figures came out of it coughing.

~ a few minutes later ~

I reached UA's entrance. "Time to go home," I said, looking up to see the afternoon sky. Ignoring the two noisy boyfriends confessing to each other and… a giant buff man behind me. What only I can see instead is a new special mission.

«
New Mission: Vigilantism

Requirements:
• Haven't had your hero license
• Kill or capture 5 to 10 criminals [0/5-10]

Rewards: [Random skill], extra reward available
The extra reward will depend on the kill or capture count.
»

A mission with requirements… that's new… capturing criminals, easy enough. Killing them? No, I hope I won't. I need to be discreet for this mission now.

I am on Patreon! patreon.com/revonzev

Read up to ten chapters ahead, vote for the world or skills he got or etc, Q&As, read deleted chapters, and even request art from my chapters' scenes!

10