CH. 15 – Plain Vigilantism Getup
148 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on, come on! Cheer up!" said the person beside me, Electro—Kaminari—with his left arm around my neck, bro-hugged me.

"Not like you'd do worse," said Earphones—Jiro—who sat in front of me.

I grumbled all the way to the canteen—Lunch Rush's Eatery—from their treachery. At least I'm not the one waiting in line to get the food, that was Electro's problem.

I looked at the plate with a grilled steak on it, my favorite. I was American and now half-American, steak is my life and blood! And burgers, and fries…. My mouth had adapted to Japanese foods, but how can I forget the juicy juicy steak.

With the fork beside the plate—not even grabbing the knife—I stabbed the steak and took a bite. If I were seated with Momo or Ida I'd get shouted "Table manners!" by them. Electro doesn't mind, Earphone eyed me but doesn't judge.

Electro is the one who chatted away like there's no tomorrow even when he's chewing his mouth. He talks from a metal-to-sword quirked hero debut to a trending MOBA phone game, hard to keep track of. Earphones and I intruded here and there to add to the conversation.

*RINGGGG*

There goes the alarm. I was just about to eat my last steak piece. Electro and Earphones shook their heads in confusion, while I sat with peace munching my last steak piece and using [Hinder Sense] skill to drown all the noise.

Electro and Earphones run to the jam-packed hallway when they realize what the alarm stands for, which someone conveniently explains. Evacuate in an orderly fashion the alarm said. Pffttt, no one gonna follow. As far as I can tell, U.A. never had any evacuation simulation going by the crunched-up hallway. Handyman—Shigaraki—would laugh seeing this… or at least sneer.

And so, after the vultures left the premise and I'm back in class, Fanboy—Izuku—announced that Engines—Ida—should be the class rep instead of him. I responded with an "I told you" to the whole class.

After school, I bought a black hoodie, black sweat pants, black shoes, black beanie, and a black cotton mask; all-black wears for vigilantism. When I have more skills, I'll gladly wear those flashy costumes. Hopefully, never. Flashy costumes are like a big neon "HELLO" sign to enemies, which would be a boon if the system collected experience points.

I bought a steel wire roll and cut it into five balls the size of yarn balls. These steel wire balls are a backup and an exoskeleton under my vigilante costume. I'll use other skills instead of [String Manipulation] to not give any lead that my vigilante "quirk" is me.

What I'll use for my vigilante captures are plastic zip ties—not taking any chances for metal bender quirks. Plastic zip ties aren't much, but they'll do for now. Maybe I'll raid a police station for handcuffs if a lot of the captured broke their restraints.

For now, I gotta go home. Don't want to anger the woman. I'll do the spree when she suspects that I'm asleep.

I am on Patreon! patreon.com/revonzev

Read up to ten chapters ahead, vote for the world or skills he got or etc, Q&As, read deleted chapters, and even request art from my chapters' scenes!

6