CH. 17 – Outlast anyone!
308 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The meeting for the three fishes was planned for the end of the month, which was today. I had waited for two hours and they hadn’t even arrived yet. For God’s sake, it’s already one in the morning! I’m gonna be like Aizawa-sensei again today. Electro gonna be unbearable like last time I had my escapades. I’ve fought three more petty criminals since then. I need three more to complete the mission.

Unicor—I mean Narwhale arrived. Fu*kin’ finally! How many coffee-based snacks and drinks do I have left in the rewards storage? Seven bags of different coffee candies and twelve coffee drinks. Oh! A pumpkin spice latte! I grabbed it from the system reward storage and swelled in delight. Yeah, yeah, Star Yen sold it two months ago and discontinued it until next year and if I showed up in UA bringing the Star Yen brand out of season and discontinued until next year's pumpkin spiced latte… I’ll get floored by the wave of students that want to taste mine.

Hammerhead arrived followed by Gill Man. Gilly took their earnings, divided them based on contributions, and kept the money needed to buy new stock. Gilly told Hammerhead and Narwhale they would meet again tomorrow after he purchased the new stock. Gilly rode an off-road motorcycle. ‘Fuck,’ I cursed. Now I have to chase him! At this time of day, he could ride the bike like nobody’s business, and chasing him would be a pain in the a*s.

Gilly parked outside the building after half an hour of travel. I wasn’t exhausted or anything since the daily mission covered my stamina but MAN I hate chasing anyone. If the chase was anything like Jhonny English’s chase scene I don’t mind, just walk and chill while chasing him. I almost lost him when he took a shortcut through a dense forest. Trees are nightmares!

About fifteen minutes passed and Gilly left the forest. He rode his off-road motorcycle and got to the small street in front of the roof I’m at. I used all five steel wire balls to make a web large enough to cover the street from one side to the other. The trap worked. Both the driver and the motorcycle got caught in it. I moved to where he was and duct-taped his arms, legs, and mouth. I changed the zip ties into duct tape because the criminal I fought yesterday had gone to the gym EVERY DAY and just… ripped the zip ties off. So, duct tape it is!

After apprehending Gilly and putting him near a street light, I camped on the building’s roof where Gilly bought his drugs. Waiting for someone to open the door so I could ravage the lair. A woman came out of it… in very… showy skin-tight clothes. Meh, not interested. I cut off her hearing with [Hinder Sense]. I duct-taped her mouth and taped her lips then returned to the roof with her. I did the same to another two that were going out of the building.

Anddd… two floating blue boxes that would make everyone think I’m crazy—including the three bound criminals—and staring at the wall like an appraiser staring at Mona Lisa’s portrait showed up.

«

Mission completed!

Completed mission: Vigilantism

Requirements:

- Haven't had your hero license

- Kill or capture 5 to 10 criminals [10/5-10]

Rewards: [Random skill], extra rewards available

The extra reward depends on the number of kills or captures.

»

«

Reward from Vigilantism mission completion:

- [Stamina Drain: Touch] skill.

Extra reward from Vigilantism mission completion:

- [Stamina Drain] subskill [Stamina Drain: Vision].

»

My eyes bulge at the skill's usefulness. Stamina drains! Now I can outlast anyone! Well, I need to try that new skill on someone. I glance at the three criminals I caught scared to hell at my “tasty steak” look my parents told me whenever we had steak. I can’t help it! I LOVE steak!

I took a phone from one of them and "persuaded" him to tell me his password… oh… never mind, it was fingerprint locked. The scanner just needs to be placed on his fingerprint and it's all done. Now, open the Stopwatch app. As I touched the man's face, I activated the [Stamina Drain: Touch] skill. He got the face of a terrified man, then a drowsy man, then looked like he hadn’t slept for days—like Aizawa-sensei—then… he fell asleep. I smacked his cheeks a couple of times; he didn’t wake up. So, a deep sleep would be more accurate. I looked at the phone’s stopwatch. I stopped it at five minutes. Slow, but not bad.

I looked at the other two criminals, a man, and a woman. Their faces were filled with terror, and their voices were muffled. With my head turned, they wormed further and shook their heads. The way they behaved told me, "Don't kill me!". I rolled my eyes and activated [Stamina Drain: Vision] at the man. He lasted seven minutes.

I got closer to the last one. The woman tried to scoot back but was prevented by the parapet wall. Using both subskills of [Stamina Drain], I touched her face. She held out for three minutes… I need more samples. Is [Stamina Drain] constant or variable? But I got the gist of it. [Stamina Drain: Touch] is more effective than [Stamina Drain: Vision], but using both subskills is more effective than using them individually. I threw the phone over the roof.

I saw someone opening the entrance to the building. I dropped down and landed on him, causing him to fall to the pavement. I used [Stamina Drain] on him until he was unconscious. I entered the building… ‘Oh, sh*t.’

A/N:
Poll time! Any with "*", there will be another poll in the next chapter.

Which universe should the MC go to next?
  • A mecha anime (machine control) (recommend me) Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Overlord (religion building) (start at before/after new world*) Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Naruto (Start in Xgakure*) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tensura (as an X* [recommend me]) Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tokyo Ghoul (As a ghoul) Votes: 2 25.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Jul 15, 2023 02:30 PM.
3