CH. 4 – Ew, sludge
371 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*ringggg*

School's over. Time to wake up and go for a walk. I'm in the third year of junior high school. Today's the day where cannon starts. How do I know? Easy. I look at my phone and there's a photo of a giant a*s in a skin-tight suit sent in an unsupervised classroom chat group. The news too, I suppose….

In ten years… not ten years… I round it up. The daily mission increased to Saitama's workout. The system increases it when it judges that I got used to the workout. The rewards increase too. I got ten snacks/drinks from the workout… GIVE ME SOMETHING OTHER THAN SNACKS OR DRINKS! at least the snacks/drinks are random. I gave and sold some to my classmate. Easy money… and friends… and bribes…. I take it back, it's GREAT!

"Oi! Give me your money!"

Five thugs. Well, better stretch before sludge come. "Hai. Hai." ("Yes. Yes.") I switched my backpack to my chest and opened it. "Here you—" I grabbed five yarn balls and throw them at the five thugs. I control the strings from the yarn balls to wrap the thugs up. "—go." I always had ten yarn balls with me. I can control seven strings at once now. I took my phone, took a picture of them, and call 110, the police.

"110, what's your emergency?"

"Five thugs just ask me for money."

"Where are you, sir."

"Uh." I have no idea where I am. I ask another pedestrian and told the location to the police.

"They won't go anywhere. I've captured them."

"Thank you, sir. We've dispatched a police officer to your location."

I saw something slimy coming out from the sewer around three hundred meters from me. I know what that is of course. "A villain just popped up from the sewer. He's all sludgy and going away from my direction."

"A villain? Got that sir."

I saw All Might buffing up and chasing it.

"All Might chase it now."

"A-All Might!?"

"Yes, goodbye." I cut the phone call as the police arrive. I give them out on what they did and what I did to them. I left after that.

I grabbed potato chips snacks in my system reward storage from today's daily mission and eat it while looking at a building that's good for a lookout. 'I just need to wait now.' I raise my hand to a building's ledge and hook my scarf's strings to it. I hold the other end and pull it towards the ledge. I've woven the wool strings like a rope so it could hold my weight.

And I wait on the roof… and wait… and… wait…. Oh, look! It's a plane! It's a bird! No! It'ssss All Might! And Izuku…. Can't see if anything had fallen off from him. They're the size of a flea from here.

I got down and walk to where it might fall and waited some more for Explody's signal. I've eaten six snacks from waiting and walking. I got two more. The other two, I've sold them.

*boom* there they are…. I've passed the location…. I go back to where the explosions and smoke at. The deconstruction hero, insect mask hero, and bird mask hero had just arrived. I'm at the front behind the police.

Ew. The Sludge had been in a sewer you know, Bakugo. Big A*s, Wood Man, and Hydrant Man appeared now. Skinny Might holding the pole there, out of breath.

Might as well start my plan. I made my wool scarf damp with water from my water bottle, wove my scarf into a rope, hold one end in my arm, and make the other end of the rope crawl to the Sludge. I unwove my pants' legs and rooted the strings in the sidewalk. By this time, green gremlin's here. Hmm… he's not a kid anymore… I'll call him green fanboy now.

There the fanboy runs. Geeze. All Might's powering up. I move the rope so it pierces the Sludge and wraps both Izuku and Bakugo. Then, I pull them to me. The sludge and heroes were shocked by my move. When they both arrived in front of my legs, All Might ran to sludge and punched him… and the clouds into droplets. 'I forgot to bring an umbrella….' I also took a mental note to clean my scarf.

«

Mission [Sludge Rescue] is complete.

[Auto-Protection] skill has been added to [Grandma's Scarf] equipment.

»

'Thank youuu grandma!'

'Can I get an auto repair skill for my scarf?'

«Equipment and some skill upgrades are done by completing normal missions.»

'Oh yeahhh!'

The scene wrapped up. I got praised for saving the two boys and got into TV. Green fanboy was still scolded by the heroes.

I greeted Izuku, he seemed surprised that I'm the one that had saved him. I gave him a chocolate bar snack and waved him goodbye. I left and got home… followed by my mom screaming to my ears….

22