Chapter 0.7(prart one)
22 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(An old man's POV)

"Hahaha, they threw me in the crazy centre." I said as I looked at the white ceiling.

 I predicted it but at least now the little bastards can't say I didn't warn them.

My great-great-grandkids are so mean. I mean, I knew they didn't like me, but sheesh. The way they all pushed for it when I told them about the TOWER was way too strong. They all thought I was demented. No one wanted to listen to me, especially Brandon. Little bastard wants me to die so bad. I understand him. Life Insurance comes out at a couple billion cenais. His life isn't doing so good. If I die it's free money. 

Anyway, now I'm in a mental hospital. What the fuck am I going to do? I have no supplies. When the TOWER falls how am I supposed to get there? Luckily, I bought some gold before thank goodness. 

The  Author said it was important so I don't wanna be without it. That would be a nightmare. 

*time passes*

When's the TOWER going to fall? The Author said it would fall today.

*more time passes*

So I'm trying to make a plan to escape this place but there is so much noise.

What's that screaming?!! DAMN!

This is a mental hospital and all but isn't he too loud? I'm here thinking if I'm going to survive the apocalypse and he's… counting down? Why the fuck is he—ARRGH!?

*EXPLOSION*

*EARTHQUAKE*

*EXPLOSION*

I couldn't think anymore, my thoughts drowned out by the tremendous explosions and screams.

Ok, the screams were mine. I fell to the floor due to the earth shaking beneath my feet and screamed some more.

"THE FUCK!"

"THE FUCK!!!!!"

"WHY ARE THERE SO MANY EXPLOSIONS?"

"IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!"

"IT'S THE END OF THE–"

 Oh. It's the end of the world.

I got up after realising how dumb I was being. Jeez, you're a five-hundred-year-old man use that life experience.

 "Okay, time to get out of here… how to do that though. The door is locked and I think all the caretakers died." 

Just as I was contemplating my escape a bright suddenly filled my vision and I felt a small shock run along my spine.

What was left after the light had vanished was a translucent screen that just seemed to hang in the air.

"So the TOWER interface is up and running. That was quick."

 I said as I touched the screen in front of me. It seemed to put up a little resistance, but my hand passed through it when a put in a little more strength. 

Currently, all that was showing on the screen was a loading animation and some text.

"Syncing," I said the text I saw in front of me

"Well, no use in dwelling on this. I better get out of here."

I walked to the door and tried my best to pry it open but it wasn't budging. So I tried kicking it. Then I tried picking it. Then I tried punching it. Then I tried screaming at it but nothing worked.

Having tried everything I could think of I stood in front of the door, defeated. The door was too powerful, I could feel it mocking me, 

"Can't even open a door old man?"  I could hear it say. The door had taken my one true love, murdered my clan and I couldn't even take revenge.

"Curse you door, curse yooouuuu!!-" Wait what am I doing? I have to get my gold 

But the door. 

I looked to the door and it snickered at me, basking in it's invincibility.

"…Fuck."

"Well, all I have to do is make it to the tower, it's not like there's a time limit. I'll see if I can go tomorrow"

I walked over to bed after saying this. Getting in bed, I got snugly and comfy. Said my prayers and closed my eyes to sleep.

That's when the tingle I felt on my spine quickly grew into a back-tearing pain that almost made me vomit.

"AAAAHHH!! FUCK!!" Tears blurred out my vision. It felt like someone ripped my nervous system out and dipped it in a vat of acid.

Minutes passed and the pain slowly subsided.

I lay on the cold ground, shivering, tears in my eyes, coughing, hoping I don't throw up. But amidst all the anguish I felt something different from pain. I felt limitless potential and nigh unlimited power. I felt trillions of lifeforms lying prostrate, ready to carry out my will. I felt time and reality were simply constructs that could be held in my hand. This feeling of pure euphoria that flowed through me, although foreign, was so completely indistinguishable it was like I knew it all my life. Deep down, in the very debts of my soul, I knew I had become a god. 

With that feeling still lingering within me I forced myself to stand up. It was excruciating but I managed.

"My TOWER, she waits for me," I said. My voice was shaky and coarse from all the screaming.

I looked towards the door. My old nemesis was showing concern for me. For a brief moment, I saw the look of resolution to not let me pass waver. Then he sighed and stepped aside.

"It's a push door, not a pull door." it said

"We'll continue this, old nemesis." I said

Thus two rivals bid farewell for a time.

My heart was racing. It was the first time in centuries I felt so excited. Stepping through the door I was ready to sprint through the hell outside to get to my tower.

Nothing would stop me, I would prove it. I was ready to prove it.

That opportunity came quick.

The system screen that made sure to stay out of my view hovered in front of my face showing a message.

<Hello World>

I chuckled at how meta that message was.

Then I heard an all too familiar voice in my head.

That was the beginning of the shitshow that was to come.

0