CHAPTER 11: FROM BLACK TO WHITE
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuki had realized she wasn’t dealing with an ordinary opponent after her first exchange with Ulura Nightsong in Sunbird’s inner yard.

She was clearly a very experienced fighter and more than that, she had a strong deva. Hikaru had explained to the baby doll that the chips implanted in their bodies limited a deviant’s deva output to 15% but within Sunbird’s school grounds that output was increased to 50% for the students and to 30% for the teachers.

Iceflame got the feeling her opponent could use more than half of her powers however because of the scope of her attacks so far.

If she was indeed cheating somehow, things were going to be even harder. But the amnesiac was not about to back down after Ulura had tried to hurt Hikaru and Seiren.

It was clear Nightsong could get through Yuki’s defense with relative ease, so what she needed to focus on was offense. The type of offense the enemy would not see coming.

So when Ulura sent a roar-like barrage at her, the white-haired beauty feigned defense with a number of ice walls while hiding in a not-so-deadly attack in the form of waves of ice spikes coming from the ground closer and closer to the Queen of Sunbird.

The surprise attack worked and Hikaru and Seiren’s friend successfully smashed her fist in the face of the high school tyrant, channeling freezing waves through her body as she sent her straight to the big oak tree and the smaller oak tree next to it in the center of the inner yard grass area.

Only her classmates had been cheering for her up to that point but now other students started supporting her with their loud shouts as well, many green laser beams cutting parts of the bigger and smaller oak tree, changing their direction to where Iceflame stood.

‘-She’s probably going to try the same trick on me and sneak in one of the lasers of that attack.’ Yuki thought.

Unfortunately she was wrong.

Ulura had actually dug her way underground after being smashed in the trees and while the baby doll dodged all the lasers aimed at her, she came out from the ground underneath her with a very wide green laser beam that destroyed part of the inner yard and shot out to the sky.

Yuki tried using her ice armor to protect herself from that attack but even with the layers she armored herself with, she still sustained damage, her smoke-enveloped body being thrown aside after that attack, Nightsong coming out of the beam before it had disappeared completely, now having wrapped lasers around her fingers to form long, thin and very sharp nails there.

(Ulura) ‘-I give you points for managing to land a hit on me. (she teleported right in front of Yuki as she came back to her senses after the previous attack) But that’s all you’ll be able to do!!’

Iceflame managed to perfectly dodge that attack with her great flexibility, holes with cracks around them being left in the ground where the villainess’ nails pierced, Ulura revealing a wide smile that took up the whole lower half of her face.

(Ulura) ‘-You don’t really think you dodged that, did you?’

The baby doll’s confusion turned to shock as five thin laser beams shot out from the air next to where the black-haired beauty had swung her arm, the quickly formed partial ice armor on Yuki’s body managing to lessen the damage from that.

‘-So those nails are not just for close-range fighting. Each swing creates the same number of lasers as the number of fingers used for that attack.’ the white-haired beauty contemplated as she jumped back to create some distance between her and Ulura.

(Ulura) ‘-You ought to have figured out that creating more distance between us won’t save you. Or are you trying to think of a strategy to counter me? A miracle like the one from earlier won’t happen again.’

If Yuki had any advantage, it was the fact her enemy was underestimating her. That brought a confident smile to her face once again.

(Yuki) ‘-That’s a very pessimistic view. You don’t believe in miracles?’

Ulura swung with her left arm.

(Ulura) ‘-I only believe in myself!!’

(Hikaru, Seiren) ‘-Which is why you’re gonna lose!!!’

(Vega, King, Exo, Tokura) ‘-GET HER, YUKI!!!!’

Iceflame dodged the beams formed by that swing, Ulura having used one of those beams as a teleportation medium, coming out right next to her opponent but stopping mid-swing because of the many big ice spikes that came out of the right half of Yuki’s body.

Tens of green lasers cut the spikes before they could wound Nightsong but she was definitely surprised by that move and that’s all the gorgeous amnesiac needed.

She slammed her foot against the ground, causing ice blades to come out under the high school tyrant’s feet who swung a number of times with her arms to cut the coming waves of blades, meanwhile Yuki jumping and landing behind her.

Ulura turned to attack her opponent after she dealt with her attack, Yuki simultaneously dodging the coming lasers and causing a number of long ice spikes to come out of the left half of her body, cutting the Queen of Sunbird’s uniform in several places, those spikes being cut by a new wave of lasers.

(Yuki) ‘-I guess I got you again.’

(Ulura) ‘-Having my uniform damaged is a small price to pay to watch you writhe in pain!!’

More and more laser beams and bullets formed around the baby doll while she used the cut spikes to create many more smaller ones, pressing on her attack against Nightsong while she unleashed her beam-bullet barrage with an angry roar.

The speed the ice spikes formed with led to more damage for Ulura’s uniform, eventually causing her to lose that uniform completely. She was now left in her underwear much like Yuki, causing a new wave of happy and lustful roars from many of the boys in the crowd around the combatants.

Iceflame herself revealed she had taken some of the beams and bullets from the high school tyrant’s last attack head-on, parts of her body being covered in blood now and having taken considerable damage, in spite of all that Hikaru and Seiren’s friend still having a confident smile on her face.

The members of the crowd were as amazed by this as Ulura.

(Ulura) ‘-You … just how much damage can you take?!’

(Yuki) ‘-What’s the matter? Are you doubting your abilities because you still haven’t managed to take me down?’

The black-haired beauty was clearly very enraged by that taunt, swinging with her arm again but this time using only her index and middle finger, to Yuki’s surprise that move not leading to the formation of only two laser beams.

Instead a single very thick beam formed in the air in front of her hand, moving at a much higher speed than the earlier attack that come from the villainess’ nails.

The baby doll was cut by it in spite of her attempt to dodge, receiving the deepest wound she had suffered yet between the neck and the left shoulder.

(Ulura) ‘-You thought the number of beams formed by my nail attacks is the same as the number of fingers I use for them, didn’t you? And that I used all five fingers to finish you off faster? (Ulura was the one smiling confidently now) Wrong. As long as I use less than all five fingers of my hand, a single beam forms but it’s thicker and faster than the five formed during the normal version of the attack.

And the less fingers I use, the thicker the beam and the higher its speed. Of course … (Yuki heard the sound of something cracking and turned around, realizing the beam formed by that last two-finger attack had reached a part of the main school building, carving a cut long at least 10 meters in its structure) … the trade-off is I can’t control the attacks with less than five fingers that well, so I don’t rely on them too much. That’s fine, though. I’d gladly destroy this school to hear you scream of pain.’

(Yuki) ‘-This is beyond insane! There’s no point in going that far!!’

Uluka smiled mockingly.

(Ulura) ‘-Suddenly you’re the one backing out? Are you scared you won’t be able to stand anymore after taking more attacks like that one?’

(Yuki) ‘-No! I don’t want to involve the school in this fight!! That’s not necessary!!’

More green laser beams than ever started swirling around Nightsong, who’s face was now twisted by anger to a disturbing extent.

(Ulura) ‘-Whatever must be done to ensure the pain of my enemies, I’ll do it!! That’s how strong Nightsong’s determination is!!!’

‘-Talking to her won’t solve anything. I have to stop her. I have to stop her now!’ were the thoughts that went through Yuki’s mind as Ulura attacked once again.

She needed to stop that attack from even reaching the school, so she needed to be faster than it. But even with her increased speed, that wasn’t going to be enough.

That’s when Iceflame thought of Hikaru. His teleportation was the fastest thing she had seen.

‘-If I can teleport as fast as him … no … even faster … it could work. It’s the only way!!!’

The baby doll focused her whole being on achieving the maximal possible teleportation speed, although she hadn’t teleported even once up to that point, while her opponent now only used her index finger for attacking

First she swung vertically with her right arm and then horizontally with her left, the very wide beams formed from those swings forming a cross-like structure upon contact.

(Ulura) ‘-NIGHTSONG’S CRUCIFIX OF PAIN!!!!’

Yuki’s body burst into ice shards all of which vanished into thin air, shards of the same type appearing a second later behind Ulura, from where the gorgeous amnesiac came out, smashing a double kick in her back.

That kick sent her to the Crucifix of Pain just before it reached the main school building, the students in the way of the attack having already moved aside in panic.

The attack’s volume was so great that even though it was from her own deva, Nightsong had to weaken the laser beams, falling on the ground after that, Yuki having already teleported in front of her, crushing an ice-needle-covered first in her stomach.

(Yuki) ‘-EVERFROST NEEDLE-BARRAGE FIST!!!!’

A number of ice needles came out of the baby doll’s fist, piercing and cutting her tyrannical opponent as she was thrown a couple of meters away by Yuki’s superstrength.

Ulura left a trail in the grass as she was rolled aside, the winner of the fight looking at her while breathing heavily, most of the crowd in the inner yard still being too shocked to respond in any way.

Hikaru and Seiren’s class weren’t among them, though, roaring triumphantly as they run towards their newest classmate.

Eventually many other students also started cheering, Iceflame looking past her classmates and seeing Nightsong’s class had gathered around the fallen queen.

She had covered her face, sending one of her classmates who had leaned closer to her in the air with a green laser shot and not a single word spoken.

Meanwhile Summerbolt and Blackscale pulled their friend to them, so she could lean on both for support, looking at each other and smiling.

(Hikaru) ‘-You did great, Yu. But try not to scare me like that again.’

(Seiren) ‘-We were hardly able to keep this bastard from intervening even after what you said. A bit longer and he would’ve lost control completely.’

(Vega) ‘-As if you were any different, Seiren.’

(Yuki) ‘-Thanks, guys. Thank you for letting me do this on my own.’

(King) ‘-That was one hell of a fight, Yuki! I didn’t know you could teleport with a static deva like yours!! You surprised all of us there!!’

(Yuki) ‘-Huh? That’s not a normal thing?

Well, I don’t know how it happened exactly, but thanks, King.’

Annabel: ‘-Step aside, you brutes. (the boys moved away, the girls from their class stepping closer to Iceflame now, the first of the female classmates that reached her being a girl with flowing dark-brown hair, hazel eyes and a skin tone closest to Tokura’s) You got pretty roughed up during that fight, Yuki. Let me help you.’

(Yuki) ‘-You can do that?’

(Annabel) ‘-Your hands, please.’

Annabel stretched out her hands, Yuki putting her hands in those of her classmate, cyan energy starting to spread from the one girl’s body to that of the other, the baby doll realizing that wherever that energy passed through, the wounds would start to heal.

(Yuki) ‘-Wow. That’s a great deva. Thank you … um …’

(Annabel) ‘-Annabel. Don’t strain yourself with trying to remember my name now. We’ll have plenty of time for that. And I’m the one who should be thanking you. As should probably everyone else in this yard.’

(Yuki) ‘-Why?’

(Exo) ‘-Ulura has been terrorizing most people in school, including those from her own class, for a while now. Everyone hated her, but no one could stop her.’

Tokura jumped straight at Yuki with a dreamy smile at that point, his arms spread so he could hug her.

(Tokura) ‘-But things changed today because of our queen right here!’

Annabel smashed an elbow in the pseudoknight’s gut before he could reach his target.

(Annabel) ‘-Back off, Tora. I’m sure she’s in no mood for your bullshit right now. And neither am I.’

(Tokura) ‘-B-but why …? She just showed everyone that she’s gorgeous, she’s strong and is willing to risk her life to protect our school … I just want to give my white goddess a hug as a sign of my fealty and appreciation!!’

No one of the class had paid much attention to the fact Yuki had been half-naked up until then, the white-haired beauty immediately being overtaken with shame when she heard Tokura’s words.

Hikaru then took off his uniform’s blazer and gave it to her so she could cover herself, while he and Seiren stood between their friend and everyone else around.

(Hikaru) ‘-Don’t any of you bastards look!’

(Seiren) ‘-That’s right! That honor’s reserved just for me!’

A lightning-clad fist smacked the pervert across the jaw then, his rather angry rival being responsible for that.

(Hikaru) ‘-You’re forbidden from looking most of all, Blackscale!!’

As a fight was about to break out between those two and between the students who insisted on talking to the amnesiac and her classmates who had formed a defensive wall around her, a mixture of pale red and orange flames burst from the tallest central part of the main school building.

Out of those flames came a big fiery bird that descended upon the yard, a deafening sound coming out of its mouth as the flapping of its huge wings caused the forming of gusts of hot wind, many students screaming in terror and running back inside the building.

Exo was the one who probably screamed the loudest but couldn’t move his body like the rest because he was more scared than everyone else combined.

(Random student) ‘-It’s the headmaster! Find cover! Run before he incinerates us all!!’

0