Chapter 5 – A Father’s love
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Temple of Xerene, Head Templars office.

"So Mild, how is my son doing?"

An extremely cold voice asked via a a small crystal ball held by Mild

"Oh, he's doing fine, he now has a family, a son and a wife"

Replied Mild warmly to the voice.

"Good for him, I want to see the kid, but I can't go, damn these poisonous nobles"

The voice now had a trace of killing intent, but Mild remained unaffected

"Oh its fine, he probably understands, I mean, he made the choice when he got dishonored, you also had no choice, since you were up against a Count and his supporters"

Mild replied

"The weasel is too damn cunning, damn him, please look after my son, his vipers might be over there and dig up our history"

The voice now had no killing intent, but it remained cold.

"Fine, but you sure you can't make time? He'll probably gush over the child in front of you"

Said Mild with a chuckle.

"I would if I could, I also want to meet the wife that would have been the future Marquess"

The voice still remained cold.

"Hah, you'd be surprised how she now aims for Paladin because of your son"

Replied Mild

"Is that so, never expected my son to adopt, much less marry, heh, he would have made his mother proud"

The boice remained impressively cold.

"Haaaah, it amazes me how cold you can be be even whem you love the both of them, anyway, your grandchild is coming here any minute, and he now calls me grandpa Mild, can you believe it?"

Said Mild with pride in the end.

"I envy you, however my time is up, I'm still busy here, I'll try to keep updates about my son and his family through you, Mild.

I also thank you" 

The voice says while fading.

'Haaah, that stubborn man seems worried, I wonder if the count's influence here would help him? But now, it might be too late.

Aa he was thinking to himself, the door opened Alex came through, politely closing the door behind him, to this day, Mild is impressed by this child's mental acuity, the child remains a toddler and yet, its like a much older child.

"Ah, it seems you didn't knock Alex, next time please knock on the door before entering"

Mild rebuked the child lightly.

"Grampa Mild, I helped someone today, she was crying and I helped her"

Alex tottered up to Mild while talking.

"Is that so? Good job Alex, hope that helpfulness stays in you"

Mild says while patting the head of the the pride filled smile of Alex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In a large manor, House Regalor

"Milord, it seems that the count is now preparing another scheme for us"

A butler replied professionally

This butler cannot be underestimated, he also acts as the House Manager while the lord is away.

"What petty schceme does that man want again? He already killed my wife, disnonored my son, and split my territory"

The man no longer able to maintain control of his internal energy, caused the very surrounding air to flicker, leaking out Spiritual Force.

This caused the butler to sweat, before being employed as House Regalor's staff, he was an assasin, through this Knight, Peole, he was saved, the assasin was someone who killed off corrupt nobles, a profession disdained by even the righteous nobles.

Peole gave him succor 60 years ago, Margrave Peole and his wife Marquess Kriana, found him on the road, the two of them, Lord Knights helped him, a man wearing a very ragged and torn cloak.

Peole Kriana were travelling back from a campaign against monsters when they encountered him.

He had no name, a raised assasin like him had no use for a name, he got by the past 20 years of his life without a Name.

When he woke up, it was in the medical wing of a manor.

Peole and Kriana were there to interrogate him, so he told the truth, not bothered by consequences, his order of assasins were already wiped out, the members he viewed as family, the group of murderers consoling each other to the righteosness of their murders.

After hearing his confession, he looked to the handsome, indifferent looking man, and the average looking woman at his side, as an assaisin, he sensed the ability of them to be exceptional, he would have never been able to kill one of them, much less two.

But a surprising thing happened:

" I told you Peole, he was the infamous assasin, the one whol was never caught"

"It seems you are right, boy, how about working for House Regalor, we are in need of a puppet that can kill in the dark"

He accepted, with nowhere to go, he was trained for service, first as an assistant to the then butler of House Regalor, the butler was already 80 years old, and had a very weak martial prowess, he was already dying of old age, he trained the the nameless assasin.

Then, he was named "Guire"

Guire watched House Management ever since he was welcomed in, most other staff assumed he was stealing info becuase of how fixated he was to the inner workings of the manor.

In truth he was assigned to learn the manage of the fief, he also learned the that the one who mostly decides on the fief's management was Lady Kriana since Lord Peole was often times called to service by their superior Archduke.

And so, given a new name, a new home, and despite Peole's earlier purpose of him, he became House Regalor's butler, he assisted the lord and lady in everything they did, he set up an information network for them, he served with them for 30 years.

In that time he observed how they loved eavh other, the only one who could Lord Peole was his wife, Lady Kriana, he was expressionless, with am even tone that rarely showed emeotion.

He also observed the birth of Kaiser, the beloved child of the two, a brilliant child growing up, he inherited his father's good looks but not his almost emotionless manner.

All the these times were not happy, a neighbouring count planned to annex House Regalor's territory, he shcemed, he planned, the result; Lady Kriana died, Kaiser was banished and stripped of all nobility.

He watched Lord Peole be helpless, and he finally witnessed the most intense emotional outburst that actially decimated the surroundings with his rage filled Physical Force, he never saw the lord express such intensity of emotion, his out burst instantly killed the monsters and their handlers sent by that Count.

It was so intense that he nearly died, bottomed out, without a shred of energy, as he was unconcious for a whole month and a half, the count managed to increase his fief, he thought of reasons on why, House Regalor's authority was in question.

The count was a smooth talker, with no one as witness, and evidence lacking, he managed rope in the other counts for testimony against the unconcious Peole.

When Peole woke up, he was expressionless, even more so, he was sluggish and in mourning, Guire managed their fief a few more months.

A few years later, Kaiser's successes won him merits from all over, Lord Peole's pride can be felt by Guire, who can now barely read his emotions.

This infuriated the Count who was still aiming for their territory, and so, the Count shcemed once more, he framed Kaiser, Kaiser's merits in monster slaying saved him from further misfortune.

At last this day has arrived, the Count is now fully invested in obtaining the lands of surrounding nobles, by force, the Count's ambition to be a duke, or a count equalling a duke's authority.

"Guire, it seems that we'll need your assasination prowess once more, we can only kill bis non-noble supporters, even if we killed his noble supporters, he'd just spin the story around and blame us"

"Yes, milord, as you command"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anya, you little scamp,how dare you disobey me! I told you to stay at home did I not? And what did you do? You went to the temple who couldn't save your mother nor your father"

Shouted the drunk Noel, Anya's uncle who adopted her.

"What do you hope to achieve, worthless scamp, want to go to the orphanage? I think not, your mother died because of you, my sister, even his husband who was making all our damned money got killed because of you, tyou worthless piece of shit"

He was now forcefully dragging Anya, after pushing the woman by her side away

"Go home now bitch, can't you see I'm busy with ma 'child'?

He said disdainfully.

The prostitute gaped in disbelief, he was the one dragging her around, even her services was listed on the drunk man's tab.

"Let's go!"

He said still dragging the softly weeping girl.

The prostitute saw this and even felt pity for the crying girl, but she was helpless, she was only a prostitute.

Anya and her 'father' arrived at their house, this house used to be beautiful, comparable to a few noble houses, but now, the gate is rusted, the flowers are rotting, even the paint is fading, revealing rotting wood and chipped stone.

Anya's parent's were merchants, not large enough to be a trading firm, but enough to own a sucessful shop in the village, after they died, her uncle took over, running the business to the ground because of his excessive whoring and drinking, now their house that used to have a single all around servant, is now empty, devoid of its decorations that was sold to make the shop barely fucntioning.

"Get in! Damn piss of shit!"

The man practically threw her to her room, a room that used to contain a small matress and a few pillows, now, it was a wooden bed, not the least comfortable to sleep in.

Anya is now five, her father promised her to teach her how read and write in the store before he died, she was very lonely, the servant who also took care of her when her father was busy was also dimissed, she also barely ate, she only ate the few surviving fruit trees in her back yard.

Her father died not because of her, but because of a business partner that was desperate, he told a few bandits the routes of the small caravan of Anya's father, for a percentage of the money, after killing her father, the man who sold out his business, was also killed by the bandits.

His wastrel of an uncle kept blaming the unfornutate girl.

She misses her father's love.

0