Volume 1 Chapter 4: New Subordinates
450 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My Lady, how many slaves are we looking for?" Briston asked.

I walked among the many cages, my stomach turning at the sight of all these poor people.

There was a mixture of many types of slaves, from beast-men to monster-like creatures.

"About five," I answered.

I finally came to a pause at a medium-sized cage.

Inside this cage, there were two fox beasts cuddled into balls beside each other.

"Ah, do you find these two interesting? These two are twin beast-men that came in a few days ago. Unfortunately, no one wants to buy them. Perhaps because they're quite feisty?" The slave trader had been closely following me.

I stared at the two foxes, "how much will you charge?" I asked.

I had four hundred silver and fifty copper left, thankfully the household supplies and food only cost me fifty coppers.

I also had to buy bandages for Briston's wound.

"For a beautiful lady such as yourself, I'll only charge you 100 silver, 50 each for these two." He answered.

I nod over at Briston who handed over the coins.

I stooped down to peer inside, "I'll be taking you two home with me." I tell them.

While it was said that they were twins, their furs were quite different.

One fox had red fur with a medium-sized white patch of fur that ran from the top of its head to its snout.

While the other fox had all red fur with no white patch of fur.

"Alright, the deal is done. Now for the slave contract..." The slave trader pulled out a pen from his pocket.

I held up a hand to him, "there's no need." I tell him.

"I will let you two out of this cage if you promise not to attack and kneel before me," I tell the foxes.

The two foxes were no longer lying down and were now facing me.

I gave the okay to the slave trader who opened the cage with a bit of nervousness.

Slowly the two foxes came out of the cage.

"Be careful, My Lady," Briston tells me while on guard.

I stood my ground and waited to see if the two foxes understood me.

Before I realized what was happening the two foxes began to transform.

I was stunned to find Identical looking beast-men kneeling butt naked before me.

One was a girl with long red hair that fell wildly in front of her face.

The other was a boy who looked exactly like the girl, only slightly more masculine.

The only difference was the white hair strand which was quite noticeable.

"Oh!" I breathed out while staring with interest at the two beautiful beast-man and woman.

"We will follow our master even when the world ends." Both said at the same time.

The two didn't seem so stubborn as the slave trader claimed.

"Why?" I asked.

The two glanced at each other, the beast-man raised his head to look me straight in the eye.

"Because Master is the only one who decided to buy us. So, we will gladly serve Master." He answered.

They're pretty smart for beast people.

"Good, Briston find something to cover these two," I ordered.

"Yes, My Lady."

I continued searching the cages and came upon another cage.

In this one there was a man covered in hair. Almost like a hairy dog.

I couldn't properly see his face or body and judging by the ears his race was most likely Elven.

"This guy is from a long race of Elf Royalty. His hometown was ruined and eventually, I got a hold of him." The slave trader explained.

That means he has the ability to use magic. I could use a very powerful magician.

"I'll take him as well," I told the slave trader.

That whole day I spent all of my silver coins and had only enough to buy clothes and food for the slaves I just bought.

Two twin beast people, One elf, a dwarf, and a human.

I plan to name each of them once we get back home.

"We should head back now; the day is about over," I say looking back at the others.

If I want to get back faster I'll have to use the last of the money and get us a wagon with a horse.

I wonder if there's a place to buy one for only a hundred silver nearby?

I eventually found one deeper in the small town, right on the edge.

"Thank you for the purchase!" The old man boomed happily while waving at us departing.

Briston took the reins and made sure that I took the seat next to him.

The ride back was a silent one.

It took us only fifteen minutes to make it back to the tunnel entrance.

And just as I told them, the three stinger ants stood awaiting our return.

"You three can follow us back.

As if they understood the ants took the lead through the tunnel.

Having the wagon and the ants made it easier to make it back.

Turned out there was a shorter path that led us straight to the palace.

Once everyone was out of the carriage, I had Briston show them to the servant quarters where they had no choice but to reside until I upgrade.

I yawned feeling the days' worth of sleepiness.

I made my way to my own room and crashed until the next day.

 

The Following Morning

 

When I opened my eyes, I was expecting everything to be a dream.

Thankfully, the view of my dirt ceiling proved that everything had been real.

I made my way through the hall wishing I had a way to bathe.

I entered the throne room and noticed that last night's slaves were standing waiting for my entrance.

They all fell to their knees as soon as they saw me.

"Good morning, Master!" They chorused.

I blinked.

Briston stood by my throne chair and bowed his head, "Good Morning, Milady." He says.

I sat down.

"All rise for our Master!" Briston called out.

They all straightened before me, their appearance the same as yesterday.

"I'm guessing that you concocted all this?" I asked Briston.

"Indeed. How was it?" He asked.

I debated on what to tell him.

Honestly, the greeting was too much, but I couldn't say such a thing when they were all looking at me expectantly like that.

I sigh, "you guys did well." I tell them.

The excitement that oozed from their expressions made my heart warm.

Whatever, let them do as they please.

"Where are the Stinger Ants?" I asked.

"I sent them on a mission to recruit more ants," Briston answered.

"Well, that's fine I guess," I mutter.

I turn my attention to the slaves; I should probably give them names now.

"Twins step forward." I beckoned them forth.

The two stepped before me and kneeled with their heads bowed.

"Tell me what you guys can do," I ordered.

"I can cook." The brother says immediately.

"I can make clothing." The sister adds.

So, a seamstress and a chef, "Alright, I'll name the sister Ara and the brother Arin." I declared.

The two beamed before stepping back with the others.

I beckoned forth the elf, "it's said that you were royalty. Who were you and what can you do for me?" I asked.

"I was the prince of Elderden, Your Highness. Though right now I lack experience in magic; I can use appraisal magic, make potions, create magic barriers, and small spells like this." He answered.

So basically, he's still low-leveled. That's fine since I can raise anyone's level as long as they are under me.

"I will call you Croxias," I tell him before he too stepped back.

As for the dwarf I named him Kobi and the human woman that was once a former hero; I named her Pesia.

 

ABYSS

Level: 1 Population: 7/10

Monsters: 3/10    Floors: 1    Rooms: 3/6  Buildings: 0/3

Stats

Magic Traps: 0 Barriers: 0

 

 

15