Volume 1 Chapter 5: First Subordinates now Have Jobs
386 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After naming my new subordinates, the next thing I did was check on the egg I discovered.

Thanks to the ants, we managed to get it to the treasury, which is located under the palace.

Turns out there's a secret door that can't be found easily.

The one who found it by accident was Briston who stayed up to guard the palace at night.

I'm not sure why he does this when there's nothing to guard against.

I should recruit some guards or something.

After checking on the egg I finally relaxed.

If I want to raise my level to unlock the shop, then I should work on completing quests for now.

By the way, I should check on that last quest from when I first entered this world.

 

Ding!

 

Quest Screen Update!

Task Completed!

Text: Congratulations on completing the first quest!

Reward: Choice Reward Activated!

System: Please choose your reward.

Reward Choices:

Rank E [Dark Magician's Cloak]: press here to see more info.

1oo silver coins

Rank up

 

I sigh, I should have known it would be like this, the answer is quite obvious.

Let me check out this Dark Magician's Cloak, it's already what I'm leaning towards choosing anyways.

I clicked the here button and got a drop-down menu explaining the item's use.

 

Info: [Dark Magician's Cloak] Rank E Item: A black robe-like wear that has 15+ defense and easily gathers percent of the mana cast by enemies, can be upgraded using dark elements.

 

Woah, the item is more impressive than I expected, I'll go for this reward.

 

Message

Text: Item Received!

Text: Next quest will generate tomorrow, please be on standby.

 

I stood and stretched my arms above my head and finally left the treasury.

Briston stood waiting by the entrance, "did you get to relax well, My Lady?" he asked.

"Yep, and I gained a new item. Where's Croxias?" I asked.

"Ah, he and the others just settled into the servant's quarters," Briston answered.

I nod and made my way to the servant's quarters.

"Good evening everyone," I said once I entered the room.

"My lady!" They all say at once.

I had ordered them to call me this from now on, being called master just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

"Have you guys managed to settle in nicely?" I asked.

"Yes, My Lady. All of us are content with what My Lady has provided." Arin answers for everyone.

I nod, "I know it's not the best, but no worries, I will find a way to upgrade your sleeping situation so that everyone here can be comfortable." I tell them.

I turned to Croxias, "I managed to get an item for you. I think it will be of use to you." I tell him pulling out the cloak.

I'm sure that it blew their mind when I pulled it out of thin air like that, but they didn't dare question it.

Croxias eyes became big once he saw the item, "Is that really for me, My Lady?" He asked retrieving it from my hand.

"Yeah, I think for a mage, it's more useful in your possession," I tell him.

He happily put it on and just as I thought it fit him well.

As if made for him, it reformed to fit his thin figure.

I turned to leave, "I hope you guys sleep well, tomorrow we will have some work to do." I tell them.

They all bowed to me upon my exit from the room.

I then went into my quarters and splayed upon my small bed.

I'm glad that the dungeon let me get these items for free.

I drifted into a sleep where I dreamt of my past life as an office lady, it was more of a nightmare than anything.

The Next Day

I woke up feeling pain in my back.

This was going to happen if I was going to sleep on such an uncomfortable bed.

 

Ding!

 

Quest Screen: New Quest Follow-Up!

The host has completed the first quest, and for that, the System has generated a new quest.

The host is still a no-name dungeon master and far off from the title of Abyss Queen.

With your population growing a bit it makes sense to take good care of the people around you, so here's the new quest!

Quest ( F+ Rank):

1. Give new Subordinates Job titles

2. find an infinite water source,

3. build Water Reservoir 

4. Hunt for Food

Time: 3 days

Reward: Level 1 Blacksmith Building

Reward 2: New Skill for a random subordinate

Penalty: (-25) Mood amongst Subordinates, Scarcer food supplies.

 

Giving the host another free package!

 

Package Content: Blacksmith Starter Tools, Hunting Starter Supplies, and Chef Starter Pack.

Starter building supplies including

  1. Wood x100
  2. Stone x100
  3. Steel x50

Starter hunting supplies include:

  1. Flimsy Bow x1
  2. Arrows x60
  3. Skinning knife x1

Starter Chef Pack includes:

  1. Set of steel kitchen knives
  2. Worn Chef Apron x1
  3. Worn Chef hat x1

 

I knew a quest like this would appear.

I had a feeling since our food was already so little, that, and the lack of a water source.

Those two were the essentials of the quest and may take at least two days to complete.

At least I got a free package to go with the quest as well.

Giving jobs to my new subordinates was an easy task, they already told me what they wanted to do.

I climbed out of bed and made my way to the throne room, I was more excited to find a water source than anything else.

I get to finally take a bath!

I will use my modern knowledge to teach Kobi how to make a piping system underground that will reach the kitchen.

And have Croxias use his magic to make a hot-cold system.

Maybe even have the ants dig a new room for the hot spring area that comes into play afterward!

I was so excited that I ended up daydreaming thinking about it, to the point that I almost didn't notice the others entering the throne room.

"I'm glad you guys have come, I want to appoint everyone here a job that will stick with you indefinitely. I thought I should do so officially here." I tell them.

"Ah! then I want to be the Palace's head chef!" Arin calls out while raising his hand.

I nod to agree with him, "that's great, it's a good thing you mentioned that, I'll leave you in charge of the kitchen then. Can I also leave you in charge of food gathering?"

Arin's eyes practically sparkled, "I'll be honored, My Lady. If there's one thing I know about, it's food. I can hunt and gather whatever we can use." He says proudly.

"I'm glad you said that because one of today's tasks is to hunt for food, can I leave that to you? If you want, you may take the wagon and horse along to do so."

Arin nods, "yes, it'll be my pleasure, My lady!" He says turning as if to leave.

I raised a hand to stop him in his tracks, "hold it, you'll be dismissed after I tell the rest."

He turned back around with a sheepish expression, "of course, My Lady." He agreed.

"Um, My Lady can I be the seamstress?" Aria asked

"I'm glad to leave that to you. After all, we can't continue to wear these atrocious rags. As for distributing the items you need, you'll have to wait." I tell her.

She nods and I moved on to Pesia.

"I want to be the start of My Lady's Royal Guard. As Captain of the Royal Guard, my task is to go to war for My Lady." Pesia tells me.

I can see why a former hero would choose to do that kind of job.

I wonder what her story is? It's quite a mystery since not even the slave trader knew.

She doesn't remember anything, not even her name before she became a slave.

"How smart, I think focusing to raise your mana and swordsmanship so that we have no weaknesses is also smart." I agreed.

"Yes, My Lady."

I should get Kobi to make Pesia her first sword, and I need to bring in more subordinates shortly.

"I will be the blacksmith, after all, I am a dwarf and that's what we do," Kobi says proudly.

Right, I knew this already, it's always a very cliché thing that happens in most fantasy games or animes.

I turned to Briston, "and you?" I asked.

Honestly, the first task was already completed, but I felt that I should ask him.

He smiles softly, "I'm fine as Ma' Lady's butler. I think you should find someone trustworthy to become your advisor." He tells me.

I was hoping that he'd want to do it, but it seems like he's content where he's at.

"Alright, then. Since everyone here has the job they wish for, you may go take care of whatever task was given to you" I said dismissing them.

Ah! I just remembered that strange box I found when I discovered that egg!

With that, I stood and headed to the treasury.

I wonder what lies inside?

16