Volume 1 Chapter 6: Armored Ant
252 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After checking out the strange box, I learned that it was cursed with a sealing magic thanks to Croxias's analysis.

For now, it'll have to stay in the treasury along with the egg.

By the way, I need to find a way to keep it nice and warm so it can hatch.

I wonder where the mother of the egg went to?

It'd be great if I found her so that she could help hatch it.

Since I found it here in the Abyss, I might as well assume that other types of monsters lie somewhere deep beyond the walls of the Abyss, ready to be discovered.

If I can raise my level some more I might be able to dominate a higher-level monster.

One with higher intelligence than any normal monster.

Maybe I can get another type of ant?

If there are stinger ants then that means there are ants above them.

If I could recruit a couple of warrior ants, that would be the start of my Monster Military.

I'll have a Royal Guard as the First Military Faction, I'll call them The Abyss Royal Guards.

The Abyss Royal Guards, or (The A.R.G) for short, are basically the Main Force that will be the driving force to all our victories.

Next is the Second Faction led by a powerful and intelligent monster. I will call them the Abyss Monsters.

The Abyss Monsters will have many types of monsters, they will be strong and focus mostly on melee fighting.

I will also have the third faction that will carry on secret tasks, they will be an assassin group known as Dark Assassins, led by someone strong.

I want to focus on stealth, speed, and using dark mana to blend well into the shadows.

With these three factions, the Abyss won't be an easy place to defeat.

I have to become the most powerful because somewhere in this world there will be those who will try to destroy me once I become noticeable.

For now, it's quiet. After all, I am just a freshly born Dungeon Master with no kind of threat to anyone just yet.

"My Lady, should we try exploring a bit more?" Briston asked me coming into the throne room.

It was boring just sitting on my throne all day.

I can't get stronger just sitting here, also it would help if I could learn a new and useful skill.

"Let's take Mern, Fica, and Sheld with us." I agreed then stood from the throne and walked down to stand before Briston.

These were the names of the ants, I don't know when but Briston called it upon himself to name them.

I think the names were quite terrible, but I didn't have the heart to tell him.

"What a great idea, My Lady!" Briston says clapping his hands together.

The two of us left the palace and gathered the three ants to begin our excavation.

Kobi was outside with his anvil and starter tools. I wasn't sure what it was, but it looked as though he had started a project already.

"Have a safe trip Sir Briston and My Lady" He says looking up from his work.

Briston nods before we made our way to the tunnel's entrance with the ants.

"I think it's better if we make a new tunnel along the wall somewhere," I muttered glancing to the left of the tunnel.

"Say about five meters apart then?" Briston asked directing the ants further away to the left.

We watched them dig, and the speed at which they dug was impressive, I think I will level them up in the mere future.

I heard the best way to level up a monster was evolution.

If I can make it where it took only one ant to dig a tunnel with great speed, then that means I'm doing everything right.

After a couple of minutes, all three ants managed to dig in three feet already.

With us following behind them the tunnel grew longer the more we walked.

It didn't take long for us to dig until we reached an opening that I assumed was made by either our ants or the ants we killed a couple of days ago.

There were also already two ready-made tunnels in this opening, and one of them may lead me to a new discovery.

Or perhaps both will lead me to a new discovery.

"My Lady, there seems to be something exciting these three," Briston says nodding towards the ants.

Sure enough, I noticed the mandibles on these stinger ants going insane while they stood by the right tunnel.

"Okay, that way it is." I declared.

I wonder what I will discover today.

We followed the stinger ants through the right tunnel, if they are this excited it must mean that it was more of their kind.

With my level, I wouldn't be able to dominate ants higher than level 1.

So if I have to, I'll kill a few more in order to raise my level a bit more.

Also, I still have to make it to level five if I want to unlock the shop.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Dungeon Points are going to be used for.

I'm hoping to gain a new skill while I'm out and about.

We seemed to be getting closer to what made our ants so excited and it was nothing like what I was expecting.

The next opening we came into was not very big, but large enough to fit the two of us, a few ants, and the ant that was about two sizes bigger than our stinger ants.

Sure I thought I'd run into another ant, but I never thought I'd be so unlucky to run into one that looked like its level was at least around level five or six.

"My Lady, be careful. That there is a high-level monster." Briston whispered.

Our ants seemed to also be silent, even their mandibles weren't reacting.

I wonder if this big fellow is an ant they know.

His appearance was a bit different than the stinger ants.

The shell of this ant seemed to be armor type with a dark brown tint instead of red.

Also, unlike these stinger ants whose stingers were bigger than normal ants, this guy had a rounded backside.

I would say that he will be quite the opponent if I tried to defeat him the way I am now.

I had no combat skills to speak of, I won't raise my level if I rely on Briston again this time.

"Should we turn around and go through the other tunnel?" Briston asked turning to look at me.

Damn, I really don't think we have any other choice.

Before we could think to turn back, Mern, the ant with longer antennas, scurried up to the armored ant and began to nudge at it.

It was too late to turn and head back because now the armored ant's head was lifted and looking directly at us.

Mern started snapping his mandibles quickly until the armored and looked in its direction.

The armored ant began snapping its mandibles together.

I'm not sure what was happening, but from the gist of everything, the conversation seemed to be going well.

I think I can kind of decipher the conversation a bit.

Mern is probably explaining the situation right now.

It's the movement of the mandibles, that's how I can kind of understand.

 

Ding!

 

Message

The host has begun to understand the language of ants a little better. The host has increased language skills!

Gained Language Diversity Skill (F Rank): Can understand the ants' language, skill will level up the more the host understands other languages.

 

I did not see that coming, but it came.

I wanted a new skill and I gained one just by paying attention.

"That weird thing is Master, the one by Master is really strong." Mern was saying.

Did I just get called a weird thing?

Is it possible that Mern didn't understand that Briston and I were human?

"Your Master? That human is? I see. This means the three triplets have finally left the nest." The armored ant says.

I was amazed by its clear way of speaking. he sounded like an old wise man.

I also learned that the three stinger ants are triplets, to think that it was like that this whole time.

I learn new things every day.

11