Volume 1 Chapter 8: An E Rank Quest This Time
232 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of the new arrival of dark elves, I had to put announcing the finding of a water source aside for later.

I ended up having the triplets dig out a room and left Kobi to finish the task.

He told me that the job of building the piping system should be completed by tomorrow afternoon before he can work on building the reservoir.

I sat on my throne while tapping my finger on the armrest and staring at the dark elves that were now kneeling before me.

I was actually hoping to go back out and find another leveling-up method, but because of them, my day may be over before I know it.

"My Lady, should I deal with this?" Briston asked leaning down to whisper to me.

He stood on standby close behind me on my left, while Pesia stood on my right.

"There's no need," I tell him.

"So, have you come to a choice?" I asked the dark elves.

One of the dark elves was suddenly pushed forward, a tall lanky man that looked a bit older than the others.

He looked back at them, but then looked back at me.

"You dare be disrespectful! Kneel!" Pesia snaps angrily.

The dark elf immediately kneeled to the ground, after checking Pesia's stats earlier I learned that it was a blessing to have her as the Knight-Captain of the newly formed Royal Guards.

I didn't expect anything less from the former hero of this world.

Her stats were way higher than Briston's after all.

"We decided to stay, we can prove that we are useful if My Lady gives us a chance!" The lanky dark elf says.

I leaned my head onto my fist while staring at him with a narrowed gaze.

"How could such scrawny elves be of use to me?" I asked him.

I watched him swallow and then began to speak as if choosing his words carefully.

"We may be scrawny now, but if Her Lady takes us in we won't disappoint you." He tells me.

Dark elves are a bit different from normal elves. One thing I know for sure was that they possessed the ability to draw in dark mana and can use it efficiently.

But that does not mean all dark elves have this ability.

These guys look weak, but if they have the resolve to grow stronger wouldn't they be an added bonus to my Abyss Nation?

"What are your names?" I asked.

The lanky dark elf touched his chest, "if My lady doesn't find it too annoying, then perhaps you can name us?" He asked.

"Why? Don't you have names?" I asked,

The lanky elf looked back at the others who nod at him, he then looked back at me with a more determined gaze.

"It is our resolve to show My lady that we are willing to forget everything about our past to serve you. Please give us all new names!" He says.

This dark elf, he's quite brave. I think he'd do well to be a part of the A.R.G, with a little bit of training, he may become quite useful.

"Alright, fine," I answer.

I looked at the four elves, there was only one girl among them.

I named the lanky elf Hovis, the girl was named Urial, the elder guy was named Elder Xac, and the youngest boy was named Ru.

After the name distribution, they were sent to each of my main subordinates to figure out where they would work better.

When they returned it was decided that Hovis would work under Pesia as I had hoped.

Urial had a great affinity with dark magic way better than the others so Croxias decided to take her in as a dark magician.

Elder Xu asked me if he could start a council for future elders, they would be the ones to give out advice to those who need it.

I agreed to his request.

Because Ru was still young, Briston agreed to take him in to learn the works of a butler.

I'm guessing it would be a lot better if we could have more people to clean and take care of the Abyss.

At the end of the day, Arin returned after gathering enough food to feed everyone for at least a month.

I was glad that he was able to find food to hunt for, he told me there was a forest near that town with animals to hunt.

That makes two of the task complete, all that's left is building the reservoir.

It should be done in two days as I had originally concluded.

 

Two Days Later

 

"It's finally finished!" Kobi came bursting into the throne room holding his tools and looking completely satisfied.

He was out of breath and sweaty, "My lady, if you don't mind can you please come to have a look?" Kobi asked.

I stood and followed Koby out down the stone stairs all the way to the area he built the hot spring.

He splayed his hands out while revealing his work, a big grin on his face.

I was amazed by what I was seeing, I mean the guy went all out with the request I gave him.

Here I am seeing a huge room dedicated to three hot spring pools that were steaming up the whole area.

"I just finished the heating system for the project, what does my Lady think?" Croxias asked also entering.

I can't believe they actually pulled it off, it was beyond what I had imagined!

Not only that there was a large tank in a corner, I could tell this was the reservoir that I asked for.

"Let me be the one to explain how we are making this work," Croxias says before diving into the explanation of their work.

I learned the process of how they built everything from the ants digging to the process of creating the output and input.

Kobi even told me that the piping system was done and lead throughout the whole palace

This way if bathrooms were created then he could immediately hook up the system with more ease.

He explained that Croxias used magic to solve the water cleanliness issue.

We now not only have clean water but access to cold and hot water thanks to him.

The kitchen was the first place to actually have access to the newly built water system.

So this meant...

 

Ding!

 

That I just finished the quest given to me.

 

Quest Update!

All tasks completed!

Time Left: 1 day

Rewards distributed: Blacksmith building, a new skill distributed to random subordinates.

Bonus Reward: for completing the task within the time limit, the host will obtain an E Rank Reward Case!

Also a bonus of 30 stat points!

A bonus reward!? Now that's what I'm talking about!

 

Ding!

 

New Quest Generated!

Great job on completing the earlier quest! Providing food and clean water is a must when building a nation, even if it's an evil nation! Now that food and water are taken care of, here are the next tasks!

Quest (E Rank):

1. Reach level 5 to have access to the shop

2. Use Dungeon Points

3. Find the first mine

4. Unlock task (Uknown)

Time Limit: There is no time limit to this Quest!

Penalty: ??

 

Looks like I don't get a break, at least this time I don't have to worry about the time limit this time.

But what's with this penalty? There are question marks this time, this means that the penalty could be random.

An injury or worst, death!

Well, I'll take a breather before planning to take on this quest, also it looks like I may have a request for Kobi.

Finding a mine would be something he'd love to take part in.

9