Volume 1 Chapter 9: Plans for the Abyss
201 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reward I received from the recent quest turned out better than I had hoped.

The one who got the random skill turned out to be Arin.

He came out of the kitchen after he learned that making a normal meal gets a 2 percent boost to health.

Once I checked his stats, I learned the new skill he obtained.

 

Chef Stats

HP: 30/30       MP: 120/120     Race: Beast Man/Fox Race

Name: Arin     Level: 1

Job: Head Chef     Title: None

 

Strength: 25      Intelligence: 30

Stamina: 50            Agility: 40

Vitality: 60       Luck: 10

 

Skills

Gourmet (E RANK): A golden tongue skill, Rank E skill gives the host the ability to distinguish most 5 percent ingredients in a dish.

Boost Stats (F Rank): NEW has the ability to boost stats while cooking a meal. Depending on the chef's skill the skill could be a hit or miss.

Hunting (C+ Rank): Has a predatory sense, can easily hunt a beast with a C rank and below

Archery (F Rank): Low ranking archery skills, but it can get the job done. If paired with a high-level hunting skill, then this skill should be like a D-rank skill.

 

Despite his low stats and level, he had skills that was useful for a chef.

Next was the Blacksmith's building.

Thankfully I got to manually place it myself, but I learned that it was something that needed to be built by hand.

Kobi was glad to take on the job, everything was already provided to build it anyways.

We chose to build it on the cliff below, it seemed like the perfect place to put it.

Next, I opened the Reward case.

It contained three useful items.

 

The first item was 200 silver, the next item turned out to be basic items for a Seamstress.

  1. Spinning Wheel
  2. Wool and Thread

 

And the last thing was 50 DPs.

it was normal rewards, but still anything I can get a hold of is useful.

After going over rewards, I thought of my next big plan that was not part of the quest.

It came to my attention that I was relying too much on them.

Instead, I needed to focus on other things, such as Hierarchy.

This was essential before I brought more people under me.

Starting with the new Captain of the A.R.G, it's a sure thing that Pesia would be one to attend meetings.

Which means that I need to give her a title worthy of her past hero status.

Hmmm, but would that be right as someone who lead others?

While it's true Pesia has the title as a past hero, but I must be fair, right?

I played plenty games in my time, so why should I be like others?

It's clear what I should do next.

"Briston, call in Pesia and Croxias." I order.

Briston bowed before leaving and then returning with Pesia and Croxias who immediately fell to one knee before me.

"My Lady, you called?" Pesia asked.

"Yes, I wanted to give you two a title worthy of your positions as captain of the A.R.G and Grand Magician of our future Abyss Tower." I told them.

They looked up at me with shock.

"But...!" Croxias started.

I held up a hand to silence them, "instead I won't do that, because I knew you would not agree without showing your strengths first." I tell them.

These two were, at this moment, a part of two of my main forces.

"As you two may know, I do not plan on showing mercy to our enemies in the future. I want to ask you here now, do you know what our side is?" I asked folding my fingers in front of me and staring at them.

It starts here, the two people that I would have to trust to stand by my side without betrayal.

"Whichever side My lady chooses!" Pesia suddenly answers standing and placing a fist to her chest with determination. 

Croxias stood also using the same stance.

I leaned back, "and what if I chose the evil side?" I asked.

Neither of them showed any signs of being put off by my question.

Briston, who stood behind me, leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Seems as though they passed, Milady." He says.

Indeed they have.

"I'm glad to hear you say that, since that is exactly the case. But I wanted to see if you two had any disloyalty. Although, let me be clear. While it is true that we are to choose evil, I won't hurt the innocent." I pointed out.

I told them my future plans to build a nation where all kinds belong, especially monsters.

Of course before I could make any plans, we must figure out this world we were in.

"Do any of you two have something to add?" I asked

Pesia shook her head.

Croxias raises his hand, "actually My Lady, why did we leave Old Man Gu out?" He asked.

"Old Man Gu will be apart of the Counsel right? I agree that he too should get a title." Pesia says with a nod.

"It would be the case if not for the language barrier between humans and monsters." I told them.

With my new language skill only I could understand him and the triplets, as for the others it would be a problem.

"I can solve that issue." Croxias says.

"Oh?" I asked.

He nods and pulls something from his cloak. 

It was in the shape of a vial with some purple liquid inside. 

I studied it, "and what is that?" I asked.

And when did he have time to concoct it when everything was happening so fast?

"It's a magic potion I created, it bypasses the language barrier between us, the triplets, and Old Man Gu." He told me.

I looked at him in shock, and he says he does not know much!

"How on Earth?" Pesia asked looking at him with a look of surprise.

"I got some of his DNA, after that everything else was based on pure luck." Croxias says scratching his neck.

No, that's not the case.

Have I ever checked this guys stats?

 

Mage Stats

HP: 110/110       MP: 2000/2000     Race: Elf

Name: Croxias      Level: 1

Job: Mage     Title: Former Prince of Elves

 

Strength: 10      Intelligence: 100

Stamina: 20            Agility: 8

Vitality: 90       Luck: 15

 

Skills

Alchemy(D RANK): Able to concoct potions twice the speed of normal magicians, 5 percent greater effects of the potions made

Eye of Truth (E Rank):  has the ability to see lies of humans levels ten and under, takes up 3 mana points. Most Royal elves have this ability.

Magic Manipulation (E Rank): has the control of magic use, most have the knowledge on how magic works.

 

I see, so that's his abilities.

Another person with low stats, but his magic ability and intelligence makes up for it.

I won't question him about that "one" ability though.

"I'm impressed you came up with such a potion, have you already tested it?" I asked.

"No, I first wanted to get the acknowledgement from My Lady first." Croxias answered.

"It's your potion, whatever happens is the result of your hard work, remember that." I told him.

"Yes My Lady!" He yells and took a bit of the potion.

He then passed it to Pesia who too downed a bit of it.

I see that these two get along and trust each other despite their differences.

Old Man Gu was called in along with the triplets to test out the new ability.

"You understand me?" Old man Gu asked the two.

The potion was a success.

So it was handed around to the others later on.

I have to say that this is enough proof to give Croxias a new title since he is no longer a prince.

First I must gain a high enough title to give them worthy titles of their own.

 

8