Volume 1 Chapter 10: Hunting to Level up
212 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So far, Pesia and I were the only humans among the others here.

Currently, we have four monsters, no leader just yet.

This was only because Old Man Gu wanted to be a Shaman instead.

I was shocked by his resolution.

He says he'll attend council meetings but did not wish to be a representative. 

We had four dark elves, a half elf and one former royalty elf.

We decided that we would let Elder Xac to lead the Counsel where only the elderly will take place.

Old Man Gu was glad to pass on the torch.

Croxias was put down as a representative of all elves since he will be considered the Grand Mage in the future.

Briston says he would not take part since he was a Butler.

Last there were two humans.

Pesia was the representative for the A.R.G which made sense.

So far no one had a title, not even me.

I put the idea of Hierarchy to the side for now.

Another thing that I should focus on is a way to Upgrade the Palace and the Abyss.

I'm currently stuck on level one and the space for the servants' quarters was becoming tight.

Not only that, but I also need to have a training area for those who wish to train.

It will take some digging to make more space, which will need more Stinger Ants.

As of now I should refrain from recruiting anyone else.

My focus is raising my level and the only way is to leave the Abyss and join Arin to go hunting.

It would be my first time leaving somewhere without Briston.

At first, I had a hard time leaving because Briston did not acknowledge Arin being my only escort.

I could see where he was coming from, since Arn had no combat or melee experience.

Even his Archey skill level was low, but if we add his D Rank skill in Hunting then I would have said that he more than qualifies to be my escort.

Besides, it's not like I had any enemies or anything.

I should be fine.

It took Pesia and I in order to talk some sense into Briston, which we finally managed after Pesia agreed to tag along as our guard.

Arin prepares the carriage and another set of bow and arrows provided by Kobi.

Looks like he's making use of the little material we did have to make a few weapons and tools.

I even learned that he already prepared a steel longsword for Pesia.

Kobi works fast and is able to create a well-made product thanks to one of his skills.

"Alright, I know a great spot for hunting! I found this place a couple days ago." Arin says.

With that we took the wagon out the Abyss and was led to an area deeper into the dead forest.

I was blown away by the view before me, it was the only patch of forest left undead.

Thought the trees had dark brown bark and the leaves were black, it was obvious that it was supposed to look like that.

"This place looks awesome.

There was even a small river where a few strange looking deer drank out of.

Not just deer, there were even wild boar bigger than any boar I've ever seen.

Another strange feature about it was two horns that kind of looked like it could be a bull.

But the facial features and spotted skin said other wise

"Neat, right? We should get started." Arin tells me crouching down low.

Pesia waited by a nearby tree to keep a look out for anything strange.

Having her here will be a problem, I can't level up if they're like this.

I too crouched down at Arin's level and watched him draw back his bow.

He then let the arrows fly, killing a deer that was miles away from the others.

I'm sure this was to keep our flock from running away.

It gave me a chance to take down one of the animals.

Mimicking Arin's stance, I too let some arrows fly hitting one of the larger boars.

The arrow pierced its thick hide, but that was about it.

"Damn, it was nice first hit but now we're in trouble." Arin mutters.

 

Message

Acquired Archery (F Rank)!

 

The boar turned into our direction and spotted us easily.

It made a loud noise that attracted the other boars.

Arin stood and let loose more arrows at the boars.

The deer had already made a run for it.

The boars came charging at us at full speed, they're pretty fast for being so damned big.

I too let loose some arrows while at the same time I ordered Pesia to remain where she was.

She was adamant about leaving it to us, but she managed to hold herself back.

Thanks to that I managed to take down the biggest boar, but used up all my arrows

 

 

Message

Killed (E Rank) Bull-horned Boar!

You leveled up! 

Gained 200 exp and 15 stat points!

 

Yes!

I knew this was the perfect chance to level up!

If I checked my stats, I would see that I was now level three.

Only two more levels to go.

I'll check my stats once I reached level 5.

By then I can raise a few of my stats and even check out the shop.

Of course. I'll do all this once we return to the palace.

For the remaining of the day, I hunted with Arin.

By the end of it I made it to level six and called it a day.

"Who knew that our lady was such a genius." Pesia boasted.

"Do you have an ability that makes it easier to learn new things or something?" Arin asked.

I didn't, even in my past life it's always been like this.

I'm glad to be able to use this ability more efficiently than before.

"Alright, let's get back home to the palace." Pesia says helping Arin load the Wagon with the animal carcasses that we hunted down.

That's six deer and three large boars.

I caught four deer and two large boars which explained why I leveled up so much.

Each deer gave me 50 experience and no stat points, while both boars gave me 200 experience and 15 stat points.

I say I did a pretty damned good job.

We left the area and headed back to the palace.

It was great to have more food in our storage.

But it came to my attention that we need a way to keep our food cold.

That night I was able to finally view my stats.

 

Screen Stats

EXP:  600/850

HP:  210/210      MP: 300/300      DP: 1200

Race: Human

Name: Mae Fan            Job: Dungeon Master

Title: None                     Level: 6

 

Stats

Strength:  11 (+5) =16         Intelligence: 30 (+5) =35

Stamina:  15 (+5) =20                 Agility: 12 (+5) =17

Vitality:  13 (+5) =18               Luck: 25 (+5) =30

 

Skills

Leadership Skill (E Rank): A passive skill, all subordinates below you will follow you. 2 percent morale added while leading others.

Dungeon System (SSS Rank): A cheat skill for the host to easily level up and become powerful

Archery (E Rank): Deals 2 percent more damage while using the bow and arrow.

Hunting (E Rank): can hunt animals rank E and lower.

Combat (F Rank): Skills in fighting are low but more skilled.

Language Diversity Skill (F Rank): Can understand the ants' language, skill will level up the more the host understands other languages.

 

Treasury $:

56 C (Copper)  200 S (Silver)   0 G (Gold)

 

Shop [Unlocked]

 

ABYSS

Level:  1     Population: 11/20

Monsters: 4/10   Floors: 1   Rooms: 3/6   Buildings: 1/5

 

Buildings Added:

Blacksmith's Building

 

New Arrivals:

Elder Xac

Old Man Gu

Hovis

Urial

Ru

 

Prisons: 0/1   Prison Cells: 0/5 

 

Areas:

None

 

Stats

Magic Traps: 0      Barriers: 0

Repairs: None

 

To think I got this far.

I'm quite proud of myself.

Should I check the shop now?

It is getting late; I'll just leave it for tomorrow morning.

For now, I'm getting sleepy, there's no need to stay awake.

 

 

 

6