Volume 1 Chapter 13: Mine Discovered
138 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the Abyss

 

"Come on, shit! Is it still behind us?" Hovis looked back while gripping Kobi's shoulder tightly.

They must tell Her Ladyship about the thing they just discovered in the mine.

With Kobi injured, Hovis had to help him back to the wagon they left outside the mine.

That thing, what the hell was it?

He helped the injured Kobi onto the wagon and took the horses reigns himself.

"Heyah!" He yells out snapping the reigns.

The horses reared back and began running in the opposite direction.

In fear that whatever was following them he kept glancing back.

The ride back to the palace took a few hours.

 

Meanwhile on my end....

 

Quest Update!

Mine discovered!

Unlocked task: Defeat the monster in the mine to finish the quest!

 

If it's like this it means that those two are in trouble.

I stood from my throne, it's times like these that I wish I had a way to summon the others without yelling.

Before I could step down from the throne, the doors to the palace were pushed open.

I blinked at the sight of Hovis balancing an injured Kobi under his arm.

"My Lady!" Hovis called out.

I hurried down to them and frowned at Kobi's unconscious state, "what kind of monster was it that did this?" I asked.

"I'm not sure...." 

Pesia entered through the doors, I could tell that she just got done training.

"What's going on? I just happened to see the wagon pull up and these two entering." She says.

Her gaze fell upon Kobi, "Sir Kobi?" She asked in shock running up to the both of them.

"What the hell happened while you guys were out?" Pesia asked taking Kobi from Hovis and lifting him.

For now, we had to use the male's servants' quarters to lay him down, it would be great to have an infirmary for things like this.

"I....it happened so fast. When we  entered the mines, Sir Kobi got excited at seeing all the minerals and ores. When we went deeper inside, neither of us saw it happen. Before I could react, Sir Kobi was already unconscious on the ground. Upon seeing this, I took him and ran out of there." Hovis explained.

"A monster with agility and the ability to keep itself invisible to the naked eye, we must kill it for causing injury to Sir Kobi!" Pesia says a red hazy aura surrounding her.

I touched Kobi's forehead and frowned at the bloody gash upon it.

"My Lady!" Hovis yells falling to his knee before me and lowering his head in shame.

"Please punish me! Because of my negligence Sir Kobi was injured!" He says.

Pesia placed a hand on his shoulder, "don't beat yourself up about this." She tells him before facing me herself.

"My lady, if anyone's at fault it's me. I thought Hovis was ready to take on a job, I should have trained him more and gone myself." She tells me placing a hand to her chest.

These guys....

"Alright, I don't blame either of you. Pesia, come with me, Hovis stay here and keep an eye on Kobi until he awakens." I order.

Pesia and I leave the servants' quarters and back to the throne room.

"My Lady, what's the plan?" She asked.

It's a good thing that the system gave me a map of the mine's location, makes things easier to find.

"We're going to the mine to kill that monster." I tell her.

Pesia grins, "I like that idea!" She says pumping her fist in excitement.

The both of us left the palace and boarded the wagon.

I told Pesia, who took the reigns, how to reach the mine.

It took us a couple of hours to get there.

"This place has a weird dark energy surrounding it." Pesia tells me, "be careful My lady."

I nod and we slowly entered the mine.

 

Message

Danger! E Rank Monster Discovered!

 

"Stay alert, the monster is nearby!" I yelled back at Pesia.

She stayed at  my rear, to make sure nothing attacks my back, while I took the front.

"My Lady, something scratched me!" Pesia yells holding her cheek which was now dripping in blood.

I definitely could feel a slight wind when the monster shot past.

I looked at Pesia's sword, which too dripped with blood, "what...?" I asked.

"Of course, I managed to also leave it injured." She says with a thumb up and grin.

That's great!

It'll be easier to track this way.

"Over there!" Pesia yells.

Sure enough, I landed a solid hit using the dagger Kobi made me.

The monster hops back finally revealing its true form.

 

Message

Velkin- (E Rank) A monster with legs and arms of a praying mantis and head of a wolf. 

 

There are monsters like this in the world?

I mean I seen my fair share of the monsters playing my video games.

But this guy, I never even heard or seen it before.

"Boy, that thing sure is ugly." Pesia says with a disgusted expression.

I'd have to agree with her.

"Now that it's injured, I think we should have a better chance in killing it." I tell her.

Losing blood like that probably lowered its stealth skill by twenty percent at most.

It won't last for sure, "we should attack before it's able to collect itself." I mutter.

I looked back at Pesia who draws back her sword, "leave it to me, My lady!"

She then charges towards the monster at full speed, it looks like she put stats into her agility.

That monster isn't a match for neither of us, it will die facing two E Ranks at once, despite being an E Rank itself.

"I wore it out for you, My lady!" She calls waving back at me.

Sure enough the monster was now struggling to stand.

Looks like she saved me the last strike.

Well, what a loyal subordinate.

Just like that we not only defeated the monster but also cleared the quest.

 

Message

Quest cleared!

Reward distributed: Giving host new skill!

 Blink (D Rank) A speed-type skill that makes one look as if they are invisible, instead they are moving at a quick enough speed that can not be noticed easily

 

Oooh! E Rank monster loot is sure enough one step higher than F Rank monster loots! I got something good!

 

Pesia noticed my happy expression, "you look elated, My lady." she tells me.

I smile, "of course, after all I just gained a new skill after that." I told her.

She lightens up, "awesome, same here!" She pulls out her sword and grins.

"Dark Sword Mist!" She calls out.

I watched in awe as her sword gets encircled by a black mist cloud.

"Isn't it cool? This mist is dangerous to my enemies and will draw in their mana after every strike!" She says her eyes sparkling.

I'm glad she looks happy, not only that but I also raised up to Rank E just like that.

I'm getting stronger.

"Let's find out what made Kobi so excited about the minerals and ores in this mine." I tell Pesia turning to walk past the boss' corpse.

Pesia points down at the monster while passing, "may I collect this? I was thinking that Sir Kobi could use it as material." She says.

I nod, we shouldn't be wasteful.

By the way... aren't we too lucky to find the mine with the Blue Mage Stones in it?

Thinking this, before my very eyes, I was gazing upon large quantities of Blue Mage Stones.

I think this is way too lucky, what the hell is an E Rank monster doing guarding such a precious stone?

 

 

6