Volume 1 Chapter 16: The feelings of loyal Subordinates
90 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Her Ladyship has returned!" Pesia yelled out.

I entered the palace, the others following behind me carrying our spoils.

Everyone who was left behind gathered, "ooh, milady is this our dinner for tonight?" Arin asked taking a closer look at the pigs being carried in by Hovis.

Briston came thundering towards me, a glare on his stern face, it looks like I'll be getting a scolding.

"My Lady! Don't tell me...the reason you went out with those three, was because of this?" He asked pointing at the pigs.

Here he goes...

I did not answer him, which ignited a fire in Briston that brought on his next words.

"You can't be this irresponsible, your life is far more important than anyone else's, my lady is weak right now. What will we do if you are harmed, or worse...killed!?" He asked with a worried expression.

I froze in place.

Not because he spoke to me in such a manner, or because he called me weak, no...

"KNEEL." The single word came out sharply.

The dark aura surrounding their master was suffocating despite her low level.

Even though she was not speaking to them, they all kneeled instantly including Briston.

Their heads were bowed and the realization that despite being weak, their master was still much stronger than them.

"My lady, I..." I raised my head and only glanced back a bit.

"You've said enough." I told him my tone dropping several degrees.

Pesia gulped, while glancing over at Briston, this was all that old geezer's fault!

I's a rare occasion to see her ladyship being angry, as a matter of fact, it would the first time Pesia felt the power of her ladyship.

Despite her low level, she still has the aura of a dungeon master, it's weak but enough to bring them to their knees.

It's clear that her ladyship's level has risen.

Pesia was still at level five, could it be, that her ladyship has reached level ten?

In term's of one's rank, she's almost at E Rank, right?

"Let me tell you something, Briston. When it comes to life, all life is important. No one's life is more important than another's. While we choose to kill without mercy at times, in the end we will bury them without cursing the dead. My goal in life is to stay peaceful until otherwise. I only wish to gain power in order to protect my loved ones. I do not take life for granted and neither will you, understood?" I asked my tone dropping several more degrees.

Briston's hand was slightly trembling from the aura of killing intent, "my apologies, milady. I misspoke." He says.

Croxias glanced up at her ladyship's back, "um, my lady, may I have a word?" He asked.

I was already feeling a bit angry but I instead, let him speak.

"About what Briston spoke of earlier. I don't think what he said was wrong about her ladyship. We wish her ladyship will be a bit more careful. We do not wish to hinder her ladyship's growth. We just wish to be there in case milady is too weak to continue on your own." He spoke, a slight waver in his voice.

He squeezed his eye shut and waited for punishment.

A deep sigh could be heard, "I get it, for now on I will take better precautions." I tell them.

What can I do if they are this determined to keep me safe?

I peeked back to see the relief expressions, these guys are really too much.

I turned and headed for the throne chair, "you may rise." I tell them in passing.

I sat down and frowned at them, "get out." I ordered.

I noticed something while studying their statuses, looks like they were all getting stronger.

Croxias and Pesia grabs Briston, after bowing, and then dragged him out of the palace.

The others went in different directions, while Elder Xac and Old Man Gu were ordered to stay behind.

Once they were out of ear shot, Pesia turned to glare at Briston, "seriously, what on Earth are you thinking?"

"If not for the favoritism shown to you by her ladyship, you'd have died already!" Pesia yells jabbing a finger in Briston's chest.

"Come on, you know that you're over exaggerating, her ladyship won't do that." Croxias says chewing on his thumbnail excessively. 

Pesia frowns at him, "you don't seem so sure." She says dryly.

Croxias stares at the palace doors, she was releasing a whole lot of killing intent back there. 

"Let's just say that was a really scary situation. I was sure my entire body would collapse after all that killing intent." He mutters.

Elder Xac and old man Gu came out of the palace and were just about to pass them up to enter through the tunnel.

"That was some killing intent back there. Her ladyship sure was holding back, am I right?" Elder Xac says his eyes boring into Briston.

Briston rubs the back of his neck, "Elder Xac, Old Man Gu. Are you two heading off somewhere?" He asked.

"Well after her ladyships return, the two of us decided to head into that small town you spoke of before. As the head members of the council, it's up to us to get more knowledge." Elder Xac points out.

Pesia looks from Elder Xac to Old Man Gu, "are you certain that's a great idea? Old Man Gu is a monster after all."

"I'll take care of it." Croxias spoke performing some kind of magic spell on Old Man Gu.

Before their very eyes the armored ant transformed, taking a whole new shape.

He grew a human's appearance, "woah, is this really Old Man Gu?" Pesia asked rubbing her chin while leaning closer to the armored ant.

Old Man Gu's human appearance, he stood a bit on the short side and leaned hunched over holding a cane. Despite this, he had the aura of an old wise man with high intelligence.

"Wow, when did you learn a trick like this?" Pesia asked her eyes sparkling while looking back at a smug Croxias.

"It happened recently, I just managed to reach level four and received a new skill. It's transforming magic, though it does have a bit of a limit. It last up to 2 hours for myself, but as for others the max is an hour at most." He explains.

Briston crossed his arms, "does her ladyship knows?" He asked.

Croxias was certain she knew, it was only momentarily, but her gaze earlier when she laid her eyes on him.

"I think her ladyship has the ability to observe our skills, levels, and other status." He points out, though it was only a speculation.

Pesia crossed her arms, "same, there are many things we don't know about her, I'm sure. Even so, I'd lay my entire life to protect her. If not for her, I'd be a dying hero with no way to live." She says.

It was the same for all of them, even Briston had his reasons for following her ladyship.

While he was the only one whose memory was vague, he knew that somewhere in his life that her ladyship must have saved him.

 

 

5