Volume 1 Chapter 18: Quest for Everyone
104 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone with high enough ranks joined the meeting in the kitchen.

"We really should get a council room," I mutter.

"So what's the deal?" Croxias asked.

"Let's hear it from the elders, they seem to have learned something from investigating around Burgens," I told them.

I nod to hand the floor over to the elders.

Elder Xac, Head Council President, stood up and began giving a briefing on what he and Old Man Gu discovered.

Right now, they used the Viewing Board to review everything using Croxias's magic to picture what they learned on the Projector Screen.

"While we were out completing a request given to us by my lady; we discovered more about the outside world. First, while asking around we learned about a few human factions that may be a problem for us. One in particular is known as Yoderal Faction, they may be our biggest threat right now, " Elder Xac began to explain.

Old Man Gu nods with his arm crossed, "according to some of Burgens people, Yoderal have been taking over dungeons to add land to their own. But they aren't the only ones we should be careful of, there are also three other factions the people spoke of," Old Man Gu added.

It seems my fears are coming to life, I was hoping that we could continue to be stay peaceful and grow before my existence is known.

"What are the chances that this Yoderal Faction knows about the Abyss?" Pesia wondered.

"Instead we should be asking what are the chances either of those factions know about the existence of the Abyss," Croxias points out.

That's true, the other factions may not be our problem just of yet, but that does not mean that they won't be a problem just yet.

"I say that right now the chances are slim. Our lady has no power yet and have been quiet all this time. We should have enough time to build milady's power to at least D or C rank." Elder Xac mutters while rubbing his chin.

"So, we all agree that we should start preparing then?" I asked.

 

 

Quest Update! 

Special Quest Discovered! 

Factions all over may be a risk to the Abyss! The Abyss must start growing in strength! 

Quest (D Rank)

Tasks:

  1. Recruit more subordinates with potential
  2. Upgrade Abyss Level to 3 by gathering materials and DPs
  3. Find or create more monsters for the Abyss
  4. Raise level to Level 20
  5. Increase Military Rank E Rank

Time Limit: 1 month

Reward: ??

Penalty: If not completed in time the host will receive a random but critical punishment

Message

This quest is a story quest, once the quest is completed, a second part of the quest will appear. 

 

Quest Update! Subordinate Quest

Quest (F Rank):

Tasks:

  1. Reach level 10 - 0/2
  2. Reach Level 5 - 0/5
  3. Complete 5 low level quest each - 0/9

 

This is new, it's the first time that I'm seeing this.

It looks like all quests will appear on the Viewing board for now on, not only that there will be individual quests for my subordinates. 

The viewing board began to generate several quests, it's like quests given by a guild.

"Looks like the both of us have some work to do." Croxias says while looking at the Viewing board.

Most of these quests were of low rank, these quests were either gathering quests or subjugating low level monsters.

The quest levels were levels 5 to 10, I'm sure the system did this to keep my subordinates form handling quest that were to difficult for them.

This also makes it easier for me, whenever I want something done I can post the quest on the Viewing Board.

Everyone has a quest to level up, whether it's the butler, the cook, or the seamstress.

The kitchen cleared out and only Croxias and Pesia stayed behind.

"I figured the quest was referring to us, we are the only ones here that reached level five, and have the possibility to become Demons." Pesia points out.

"Same, I already managed to learn some high powered spells, I think I could easily gain the Demon rank." Croxias agreed.

My original plan was to let them become Devils immediately, but thanks to the Counsel, that suggestion was completely overruled. 

So it was said that they would only accept to make Croxias and Pesia subordinates. If they wish to climb the ladder they must first prove themselves worthy of the Demon Rank.

I had no choice but to agree since the votes were unanimous.

"Alright then, if either of you wish to gain the Demon Rank then I advise you to work hard." I tell them turning away to leave the kitchen.

They still had a long way to go. Even if they reached level ten, they would need to reach at least level two hundred to be considered Demon Ranked.

Well they have me, I know a way for them to raise their levels quickly and efficiently.

Just like monsters, everyone here would be able to go through evolution, and ingredients I collet can make that happen.

I walked to the my throne chair and sat down, as for the others, they should work hard to also complete quest.

I'm certain that there will be quest for each type of job.

"Um, My Lady?" Urial walks into the throne room from the hall.

She looked a bit nervous as she did a quick curtsy before straightening.

This was my first time seeing her in a while.

Since the meeting earlier only consisted of those whose ranks were Subordinate Rank, she did not attend.

Urial was only at Apprentice Rank, which is below that of a Subordinate.

"Urial, how have things been going with your Master?" I asked her.

"Ah! Everything with Master Croxias is going well. I unlocked the potential to use elemental magic." She boasted with a small smile.

She was only at level 2 and have already started learning elemental magic?

According to Croxias that was a very rare chance for those whose level haven't reached five yet.

Looks like I sent her to the right place.

"I'm glad to hear of your achievements." I told her.

She nods while gazing at the floor, we stayed like this for a few more minutes in the deafening silence.

"Why have you come?" I asked breaking this silence.

"My apologies Your Ladyship!" Urial bows her whole body at an angle.

Croxias entered at that moment carrying a few rolls of paper, "My Lady please do excuse my student, it seems she wanted permission to take on quests as well." He tells me.

Oh. I studied her thoughtfully, in all honesty the system did not state who had to complete the quest, just a number of how many should complete it.

"I think it should be fine as long as you take a Subordinate with you." I tell her.

She beamed and immediately ran from the room, "it's great to see such an enthusiastic student." I tell Croxias.

He nods in agreement.

Since everyone else seemed quite diligent, I too should work on my part of the quest, this won't be as easy as the others.

A D Rank quest, it's several levels above my own.

 

5