015 Leaving the Cabin
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the treasure chests to Luis, Zea once again searches for things. As the cabin is not that big, the other three can only stand around while watching Zea. Too bad, those three chests are the only things on this cabin.

Standing up a little tired, Zea says, "Looks like those three chests are the only things we get from this cabin. Now what?"

"First of all, let's move out from this cabin," Luis suggested. He then moves toward the exit. Milana, Ian, and Zea followed Luis in order.

✦✦✦✦✦✦

When they reach the porch, they found a group of Lizardmen wandering around the cabin. Luis is surprised by this and readied his spear. Zea also does the same, in case there will be a battle.

The Lizardmen are also surprised. They didn't expect anyone to come out from the cabin. Two of the lizardmen also readied their spear. Meanwhile, the other two readied their club. The two groups stared at each other, wary of each other's movement.

'Why are there Lizardmen here? Didn't they say that their place is near the swamp?' Luis thought. 'What should we do now?'

Luis observed the surrounding. He looks for a way to run away. The stair to the cabin can only accommodate a person at a time. It is possible to jump from the porch, but there is some kind of guard rail. With the guard rail, it is more than a meter of distance to the ground. It is possible to jump, but…

'Let's try to use the stairs. If the worst comes, we can jump.' Luis then moved slowly while still pointing his spear to the Lizardmen group. One step at a time he goes down the stair.

When Luis reached the ground, he move to the front of the stair. With his back facing the stair he said, "Come down one by one, we will run in the other direction."

Zea is the first one to come down. She then followed Luis guarding the stairs while Ian and Milana come down.

Too bad for them, the Lizardmen group started moving after Milana was able to come down. Two Lizardmen that use the club are at the front.

"Milana run! Ian jump!" Luis shouted while he is still standing at his place. Beside him, Zea also still standing. Luis observed that the speed of the club-wielding Lizardmen is not that fast. 'The attack of the Lizardmen can be dodged, especially the club swing.'

"Zea, can you go fight the spear two? I will take the front two."

Without replying, Zea runs to the side and avoids the club-wielding Lizardmen. She then moves toward the spear Lizardmen.

"Their weak point is below their jaw! Also, be careful about the spear," shouted Luis. He forgot to tell Zea the weak point of the Lizardman.

Luis then focuses on the club-wielding Lizardmen. Just like when facing the goblin chieftain, he has the advantage in range. So when the club is swung down, he can jump back a little. The problem is, there are two lizardmen that he need to handle.

'Don't worry, Lizardmen is not that strong. They are only a little bit stronger than a goblin. They are not as strong as a goblin chieftains. I can do this, I can do this.' He tried to boost his mental by thinking this.

*whoosh* *whoosh* the sound of two clubs being swung resonates in the air. Luis knows that the clubs are targeted toward him, he moves back a little. Not long after the club touches the ground. Both attacks from the Lizardmen were missed.

Using the chance where the Lizardmen tried to pick their club, Luis moves his spear. He aimed at the jaw of the left Lizardman. Too bad, his attack is dodged. The Lizardman decided to ignore its club and dodged by jumping to the side.

Seeing that his attack was not connected, Luis glanced to his right. There is the other Lizardman that is ready to swing its club. This time it swings the club horizontally, aiming at the body of Luis. Luis tried to jump backward twice. He wants to make sure not to get hit by the club.

Because Luis moves too far, even if he tried to stab using his spear, it will not reach the Lizardman. Once again, there is a time for both parties to stare at each other. At this time, Luis glanced toward Zea and he found that Zea is dancing while battling the Lizardmen.

'It is okay if she is still fine.'

The staring time ended in no time. Both Lizardmen are starting to move again. This time they move in a row. Their strategy is to let the second Lizardman—the one behind—hit Luis. They will let their opponent focus on the front Lizardman, and after their first attack is dodged, the second Lizardman will move from the side and hit Luis.

Seeing this, Luis suddenly gets an idea. He run toward his back, and when he reached a suitable distance, he throw his spear as strongly as he can. The spear moves in the air toward the head of the first Lizardman. It can dodge the spear but too bad the spear's aim is not itself.

The spear only brushed the second Lizardman's head. But it is enough as it looks like it injured one of its eyes. The second Lizardman can't endure the sudden pain, it falls to the ground and tried to cover its eyes with both hands.

The second Lizardman might be done, but the first Lizardman is still running toward Luis. It swings its club from top to bottom. Luis easily dodges the club to the side.

"[Recall]"

Using the spell installed on the spear, he then tried to stab the first Lizardman that is busy trying to pick its club that is stuck on some tree's root. He aimed at the Jaw, but it is not easy. He tried to stab it a few times, but the Lizardman keep moving its head. Luis decided to aim at the body.

Having no choice, the first Lizardman moves back, ignoring the club. Luis can't leave this chance, he tried to stab again only to get easily dodged. This time Luis is not retracting his spear, he swings the spear, trying to hit the Lizardman using the spear body.

'Hit!'

He then uses the same tactic again and again. Luis tried to stab, if it is dodged, he swing the spear and hit the body of Lizardman. After a few times, the Lizardman knows Luis movement. It now tried to attack by biting. When the spear hit, it will try to bite Luis. Of course, Luis can dodge this obvious attack.

Luis also knows that the tactic can't be used anymore, he tried to use another tactic. Luis stabbed his spear, this time he is not swinging the spear but released his spear. His hand is not holding the spear anymore. In an instant, he readied both of his hands to stab the spear upward.

"[Recall]"

The spear that has not even landed is now back in Luis's hand. Luis then stab the Lizardman that tried to lunge its head forward to bite. The spear stabbed the jaw of the Lizardman, finishing its life.

Luis then looked at the other Lizardman. It is still lying on the ground, full of pain. Luis goes near the Lizardman and ends its pain.

"You need help?" Luis shouted to Zea that is still dancing with one Lizardman. Only a second after Luis asked, the Lizardman fell to the ground.

 

This is the last chapter that I have in stock. Thank you for reading until here. See you in the next update~

 

Oh right, if any tags suit this novel, please tell me. Also if there are any mistakes in the grammar, inconsistency in the story, or any other mistake, do tell me. Thank you very much.

2