004 THE PRINCESS TALES PART I
114 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emperor Graham Knovell only had a single trueborn child, namely, Daymar Knovell. His queen had passed away giving birth to Daymar. He wanted to remarry but gave up on the idea under pressure from the late queen's brother.
The late queen was from the influential Knovell house, and her brother Thomas was very fierce. Thomas was the Supreme Commander of the Royal Army. He was also the lord of a province that spanned nearly a third of the empire. This province was the economic backbone of the empire, and any war with the count would lead to an economic regression.
Though rude at most occasions and an overgrown baby at others, Thomas adored his sister dearly. He went to war in his youth. Having been wasted by a kick to the guts by horse, he could only fire blanks with his gun.
He adopted his niece as his heir, but his ambitions didn’t end there. Like every other parent, he also wanted what was best for his child. For Daymar, he wanted the empire. To achieve this goal, he bribed all the nobles and secretly assassinated all the sons of the concubines. As for their daughters, they were taken in as sister slaves by Daymar.
The crafty had emperor once tried to marry off Daymar to the neighboring kingdom. The prince died falling from his horse, magically. After which, the nobles of the kingdom opposed the marriage petition and Thomas, in open court, forced the king to announce Daymar as his heir and the crown princess.
Unlike other princesses with pale skin, Daymar’s skin tone is wheat-ish. The rays of the evening sun, it fell on her, made her look like a golden sculpture. Her blonde hair was almost transparent with a brownish glow. Having an excellent figure and generous of tits, she looked sweet as a peach.
Daymar lived in a castle that was gifted by her uncle for her birthday. It was in the region ruled by her.
Daymar was sitting in her study wearing a thin white silk dress at this late evening. Her blue eyes became rubies under the lantern’s light. In her hands was a book with an English cover. Having a complicated expression, she read the book. After some time, she placed the book down on her reading desk with a look of desperation in her eyes while pouting her rosy lips. If it weren’t for her sequential blinking, anyone would have mistaken her for a doll. She picked the book up again and started to decipher it in vain.
A sister slave entered the study slowly without disturbing her mistress. “My lady, lord Black requests an audience,” said she while bowing down slightly.

Daymar looked at her from the corner of her eyes and then nodded in permission. A few moments after the maid left, a man clad in black entered the study. His name was Black, and he was a member of the elite squad Daymar owned. Black was also a gift from her uncle for her seventeenth birthday.

Black was a trained spy and an assassin who could hide his presence so well that it was almost unable to sense him. On top of that, his special magic, stealth, which allowed him to become one with shadows made him a phantom. He had hitched a ride in a slaver’s caravan on finishing his mission to assassinate the youngest prince. There, someone caught his eyes, and he decided to tag along with them. After reaching the town, he immediately got back to Daymar’s castle to give a mission report.

“Speak” Daymar ordered without even looking at Black.

“The mission went smoothly, my lady. I pushed the young prince to the lair of flame foxes. I waited there till they finished off his bones."

Daymar nodded unconcernedly. “What else?” she asked, now looking at the hesitant face of Black.

“My lady, the slavers caught a special slave, this time. As far as this one knows, he speaks the language of gods. That too, so fluently that, this one feels he’s a master of it.”

Daymar’s eyes lightened upon hearing this. “What?!” she exclaimed, the god’s language that she was trying so hard decipher, there’s someone fluent in it!

“Are you sure about it?!” Daymar asked unbelievingly.

“This one fears it is so, my lady” Black answered.

“Is he a crime slave?” Daymar asked Black with curious eyes. Criminals once caught were either beheaded or sold as crime slaves, even sons of nobles, who may become an eyesore to other more powerful ones who were caught forcibly and sold as crime slaves.

“I don’t think so, my lady. He looks too thin and plain for a noble. He even accepted food from a slave child.”

“Bring him to me at once. But first, make sure that your hypothesis is correct. If he speaks the gods’ language, do what you can to get him to cooperate, else slit his throat.” Daymar ordered with an evil smirk.

1