011 A PALACE TOUR
70 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The maid who was ordered by Daymar, to be John's attendant became startled when she found that he was not on his bed as she entered his room. She looked around curiously, her curiosity became fiercer when she found him sleeping on the floor near Rita. She narrowed her eyes, ‘what kind of strange games are people playing these days?’ She turned her head to look at Rita who was sleeping peacefully. She stared at her for a moment before noticing nothing strange with her. ‘Seems like nothing happened yesterday.’ she thought as she decided to wake John up. She walked to where John and bent down while extending her hands towards his face.

John, though asleep had an unyielding feeling of being watched. This feeling intensified as time passed and finally he felt as though someone was about to touch him. He opened his eyes suddenly to see the maid with her arm extended who looked startled. He quickly noticed that he was on the ground and smiled at the maid understandingly. He thought back of what had happened as the maid smiled back at him. After remembering the last night’s events, he checked on Rita who was sick yesterday. He checked the temperature on her forehead and was relieved to find that it was normal. As he sighed in relief while still sitting on the floor, the maid gave him a suspicious look. Noticing this, a strange thought passed through his mind and he extended his arm towards the maid and said playfully “Pull me up.”

The maid immediately nodded and grabbed John’s arm. As she was pulling him up, John silently searched through her mind at thought. Immediately, his face reddened in shame seeing the perverted things that she thought that John did to Rita. John woke Rita up gently, he looked at her and muttered in a silly tone “From now on you should sleep with this maid. I kick during my sleep and it may be injurious to you”

Rita became sad on hearing this but she still nodded in agreement. John flicked her forehead playfully to cheer her up to which she responds smilingly. John looked at the maid who was about to bath him and he said in a stern voice “I know where the bathroom is, so I can wash.” The maid’s eyes became swollen to which he replied “this is an order, so no one’s going to take your head”

The maid sighed relief as she placed the towel on her shoulder on the bed. She looked at him in anticipation.

“If there’s nothing else to report, you may leave,” John said without looking at her.

“The lady will be expecting lord at the dining room for breakfast” the maid muttered while bowing.

John simply nodded as he got up from the bed. He knew that the maid thought of him as some sexual predator, so he made a bizarre face and shouted “Boo.”

The maid sprang back a few steps while breathing heavily.

“Take her with you and attend to her needs” John ordered the maid while pointing at Rita, who was laughing hard at the scared maid. It seems that she had finally cheered up.

The maid bowed while not looking straight at John and quickly led Rita out of the room. John chuckled as he grabbed the bathing towel and he strode out of the room.

After finishing his bath, the all too familiar maid was waiting for him in the dressing chamber with his new clothes. John was surprised when he looked into the mirror to find that the new clothes which resembled the one he wore yesterday seemed to fit his size perfectly, a bit too perfect as a matter of fact. It was like he became a hunk overnight, he smiled inadvertently as he felt that his height too had increased. The maid too had noticed this but she decided to not show many emotions on her face as she was slightly scared of John. John sighed looking at her before being led by her into the dining room.

On the dining table were numerous dishes ranging from several types of meats to multi-colored fruits that John had never seen. John feasted on something which resembled chicken and bread followed by fruit salad.  After finishing the meal, Daymar gave him a tour of the castle.

The marvelous castle that Daymar lived and which was a gift from her uncle was not her own in real. It was not even her uncle’s for him to give it to her. The castle was built during the reign of the first God and was her shrine after her rule. During the warring period, the castle was wrecked and the grandfather of the current emperor had commissioned its renovation. After which it became his southern palace which slipped into the hands of the Kallavan family years after his death. The building was inherited by Thomas as an heirloom but it belonged to the first God to speak. John inwardly chuckled on knowing this as he thought that nothing in this universe remains constant or exclusive for anyone forever.

The palace was a colossal structure having eleven floors and eight towers. The towers themselves were nearly two hundred feet tall and had large bells at their summit. These towers were armed at all times by archers and they were equipped with magic devices providing distant vision. Other than the eight towers, there was another one at the center of the palace that was twice the height of the others. This central tower overlooked a wide area and was never used by anyone except Daymar.

The tour was followed by a luxurious lunch and after which Daymar’s English study session. It was amusing to watch a beautiful girl in her late teens studying alphabets while shouting A B C… John was amazed by her persistence and he couldn’t help but smile. He wanted to read Daymar’s mind, who seemed like a crafty fox to him. He intentionally made unintentional contact with her fingers as he passed a book to her but she showed no reaction and simply smiled. He held on for a second before letting go of the book sighing inwardly. ‘Damn, nothing. I can’t seem to read her mind at all’ he thought while pasting a fake smile across her face.

In reality, Daymar had felt a spark of magical energy at John’s fingertips but she ignored it as it was minuscule compared to her magic power. After the Daymar’s study session was finished, John’s began. Daymar was dead set on grooming him into a fine noble, so she arranged for him to learn arts and books as well as martial arts. Thus began our simple protagonist’s journey to the top of the world.

Thanks for reading. Comment your valuable opinions. A new character will be making their appearance in the next chapter so, stay tuned.

2