012 MURDER TRAINING
71 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In John’s holistic training program, the morning session was always dedicated to martial arts training. The martial arts training session itself was not entirely focused on one attribute but a variety of them. There was sword training, horse riding, spear training, palm arts, etc. However, the final closing training of martial training was the one John hated the most. It was called killing training or what John nicknamed as the murderer training. In the closing physical training of each day, that was just before lunch, John was forced to kill adorable little animals. The organizer for this training was Cassibel as always. She guided him in the act of killing. On the first day of the training, he was asked to kill a cute little kitten that had barely opened its eyes.

Cassibel placed the cute little kitten on John’s palm and asked him to finish it off. John hesitated, he was many things but a murderer but Cassibel was even more vicious than he thought she was. She grabbed John’s palm slowly and squeezed it tightly. With a low snap, the kitten’s skull broke as blood flowed through the gaps between John’s fingers. He could feel the violent beating of the kitten’s heart in his arms just before it burst apart. He teared up and was unable to resist his anger. “Bitch” he shouted at Cassibel only to be replied with a slap which sent him flying.

“The kitten died because you were too weak to protect it” Cassibel grinned evilly as she wiped her hand on her vest.

John could only sigh at this as she was indeed right. The current him was so weak that he needs to hide behind these castle walls before he could break free of these shackles.

John puked during lunch on the first day of his training. He couldn’t get the messy kitten corpse out of his mind. The killing training continued for a couple more days but still, John didn’t get used to it. Even though a little, John’s physical strength grew bit by bit every day. On the fourth day, as Cassibel squeezed John’s hand, it didn’t budge. His physical strength had surely overtaken her own. This caused her to be amazed. John grinned ignoring her and said, “The kitten didn’t die because you were too weak to kill it.”

Cassibel didn’t say anything, she just smiled as some magic energy built across her palm. She strengthened her arm and squeezed even harder. This time she became surprised as she still couldn’t crush his arm, instead, a strange resistance arose from John’s arm and it pushed all the magic energy out of her hand. She frowned a little and nodded her head, however, what John didn’t know was that the repercussions of his current actions would give him dire consequences in the future.

After lunch, the afternoon arts training session began. It involved singing, painting and harp playing. The singing training was short-lived as the instructor nearly became deaf due to John’s singing and it was abandoned consequently. The painting and harp sessions were not so disastrous, so they continued.

There was no custom of tea break in this world, so the afternoon training session stopped as soon as the sunset. After it began Daymar’s English study session. She was a good learner who always finished her exercises perfectly.

This training lasted a week before a short break occurred and during this week, after Cassibel first failed to kill the kitten, the killing training was abandoned. John, on the other hand, practiced martial training even overnight as he felt that it was his ticket out of here. During the free time after Daymar’s study session, they usually spent the remaining time in the library. Rita was summoned to be John’s helper in the library but in reality, it was done by John to educate her. He loved the girl as his sister, so he did all he could to raise her well. He even secretly taught her English. It was during that time did she realize that Rita was an even more intelligent woman than Daymar. She was a quick learner and understood things easily.

The biggest revelation John had during this week was that he could activate his abilities at will. After some experimentation, he managed to classify his abilities and their limitations as well. Currently, he could fortify his body with magic. This improved the overall defense of his newly developed body. This could defend against physical attacks as well as physical enhancement attacks. However, attacks from manic induced weapons still hurt if they were made by people having higher magic power than him. The next skill was Mind Reading, however, it was not limited to reading what a person thought. He could see their memories and even experience what they experienced. This power had a slight drawback as it worked only on people with lower magic power than him. Its biggest drawback was that it required direct contact to activate. The third power he could classify was named Vision by him. This ability allowed him to see many things and most of all magic undulations and flow of mana (magic power). He could also see other things too like energy fluctuations etc. This power, however, made his eyes glow red and were easily visible to others, so he trained it only when he was alone. This power had no visible drawbacks but if a person’s magic resistance was high, he could not see through them. Finally, the ability that stood out the most and had no drawbacks at all was Sense. This world was enveloped in amazing energy called mana. Sense allowed him to sense the fluctuations in this mana envelope caused by motion, even minute motions such as heartbeat. He could pinpoint anyone’s location in a thirty feet radius. In a way, this skill allowed him to scan the mana capacity of the individuals and compare their strength purely on an energy capacity basis.

 

More discussions on magic hierarchy and mana, as well as powers, will be made in the next chapter. As always, feel free to comment. Thanks!

0