Kitsune 1 – Why did you summon me then?
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the delay, this is my first time writing a tragedy chapter, so it's not very good.

As the light subsides, what appears before our eyes is white. Everything, from the floor, the ceiling, the walls, the pillars, even the (assumed) summoner is white. His attire is white, his skin is white, his hair is white. The only thing that’s not white is his pupils, which are red. I’m currently in the middle of a bunch of people from my class. They all are in a daze of what just happened.

“Follow us, summoned beings.” (Summoner)

‘That’s a pretty cheeky statement for someone who’s just abducted us.’ (Shiraiwa)

But no one says anything, it’s almost creepy.

Ok it’s definitely very creepy now, their eyes are all... different, it’s almost like they are being mind-controlled.

Wait...

They are.

Whoever did this couldn’t be up to any good. My class starts moving, so I follow them to not seem suspicious. After a long corridor, all white, of course, we arrive at a place which can only be described as “over exaggerated”. I mean, the floor is made of marble, the ceiling is made of blue diamond with gold stripes, and the pillars and walls are made of every kind of precious stone there is, it’s so shiny I almost go blind. A crowd of people, presumably nobles or mage or whatever, stand on the sides. Then there’s a wide throne made of stone with someone lying down on his side on it.

Wait, why is he lying down like that? Hemorrhoids?

He then starts speaking

“Eradicate the filthy Demis, and you can go home.” (Person lying down)

‘Okay, that’s plain rude.’ (Shiraiwa)

““Yes.”” (Class)

‘Ah, right, mind control.’ (Shiraiwa)

Suddenly, a chill runs down my spine. The whole class slowly turns their head toward me.

"Uhm... yes?" (Shiraiwa)

"Hmm... How come we have one of those things here? Seize it." (Person lying down)

"Wha-" (Shiraiwa)

My classmates grab me, the ones who have been with me for two years, the ones who went to the same highschool as me, they all follow his order and push me down, while the (presumed) nobles look at me with disdain and... desires? Make up your mind! If you hate something then don't lust after it!

The person on the throne is having his little speech about something along the line of "filthy Demis... dare to get summoned... this great Nima the third will... throw it in the dungeon."

"Guys, snap out of it!" (Shiraiwa)

*snap*

At times like these I can't afford to hold back. A simple Mind Magic should work.

"Ah." (Classmate)

"Huh?" (Classmate)

"What were we doing?" (Classmate)

'Phew. All of them seems fine no-' (Shiraiwa)

*SFX of hand chopping someone's neck*

"Gakh!" (Shiraiwa)

"Know your place, filthy Beastman. Dare to use Magic in the presence of his majesty." (Knight captain, maybe?)

This guy is pretty good, sneaking on me while I let my guard down. I clad my right hand in cold air, ready to punch him, when suddenly-

*Click*

"Huh?" (Shiraiwa)

There's a collar around my neck.

"With this, you should learn to be more obedient." (Knight captain, perhaps?)

"Good job Paladin Captain.1Ok. Now, Mages, reapply the magic." (Person lying down)

*Chanting*

"[Dispe-] GAHH!" (Shiraiwa)

'This collar, it's a slave collar isn't it? Shit!' (Shiraiwa)

I can only watch as the Mages brainwash my classmates again. A feeling of despair started swelling up.

*Drip*

Huh? When did I become this emotional? Why- *hic* Why did this happen? *hic* *sob*

 

===Paladin Captain's POV===

The Demis girl started crying. I made her cry. Me, Davis, a man hailed as the embodiment of justice, just made a girl cry. What would my parents say if they were to see this? The Kingdom is rotten, to make a change, sacrifices are needed, but that can not quell my sadness seeing this girl watching her friends being brainwashed in front of her. The helmet I was wearing did a good job at hiding my slightly moistened eyes.

'This can't keep going. The Revolutionary Troops had yet to gather enough forces, they better hurry up.' (Davis)

Should I pay them a visit tonight?

*Later that night*

*Knock knock*

"Delivery?" (Voice)

"For Ms. Ahrin." (Davis)

"A moment please." (Voice)

*Clack*

A man opens the door.

The headquarters of the Revolutionary Troops is disguised as a tavern.

"Hard time?" (Man)

"Yeah, the package arrived today. One product stood out. Lots of work." (Davis)

"Stood out how?" (Man)

"Fluffy and waterproof." (Davis)

"Sounds like a good one. Got any samples?" (Man)

"There are some restrictions, but here's a piece." (Davis)

*4 weeks later*

"Now, throw that thing in." (Paladin)

"Mph-" (Demis girl)

The Paladin, once the symbol of valiance and purity, now reduced to this, an useless bunch taking fun in torturing people. I-I just need to bear with this for a little longer.

*Slip (SFX of someone taking of their pants)

"Wait." (Davis)

"Y-Yes sir." (Paladin)

Why are you cowering in that corner? Is my voice that intimidating?

"Phmmph?" (Demis girl)

"Let me take care of her myself." (Davis)

"MMPH!" (Demis girl)

Shit. I slipped.

"Y-Yesh Sir!" (Paladin)

*Runs away and close the door*

Oh, the intimidation saved me. He didn't realize the pronoun I used, and even bit his tongue.

Now, let's get her out of here.

 

===Shiraiwa's POV===

They beat me.

They burn me.

They suffocate me.

They humiliate me.

Why?

Help me.

Kuro.

It hurts.

Ithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurts

They-

*Pants fall down*

NO!

"Stop." (Paladin Captain)

"Phmmph?" 'Huh?' (Shiraiwa)

"Let me take care of her by myself."

"MMPH!" '*scream*' (Shiraiwa)

*Door closes*

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

"MMMMPHMMPHMMMMMMMPHMMMMPHMMMMMMMPHMMMMMMMMMMMPHMMMMMPHMMMMMMMMMPHMMPHMPHMMMMMMPHMMPHMMMMMPHMMPHMMMMMMMMM!!!" ''STOPSTOPPLEASESTOPNODONTDOITPLEASENOSTOPPLEASENODONTPLEASE'STOPSTOPPLEASESTOPNODONTDOITPLEASENOSTOPPLEASENODONTPLEASE'STOPSTOPPLEASESTOPNODONTDOITPLEASENOSTOPPLEASENODONTPLEASESTOPSTOPPLEASESTOPNODONTDOITPLEASENOSTOPPLEASENODONTPLEASESTOPSTOPPLEASESTOPNODONTDOITPLEASENOSTOPPLEASENODONTPLEASE' (Shiraiwa)

*Click*2Collar unlocks.

*Clack*

*SFX of pulling rag out of someone's mouth*

"Paahh~ Haa~ Haa~ Haa~" (Shiraiwa)

"Hush, follow me, quick!" (Paladin Captain)

"Ughh." (Shiraiwa)

"Here, grab on my back and cover yourself with Illusion Magic. We're getting out of here." (Paladin Captain)

Huh?

*Fwish*

*Thud thud thud*

After running for a while, I ask him

"Why?" (Shiraiwa)

"Huh?" (Paladin Captain)

"Why did you summon me then?" (Shiraiwa)

Silence.

"This Kingdom '', he said, "it's rotten to the core. We declared war on the Sevsger Kingdom. Their army has  really good magineers so their military power is one of the greatest, though we have more Mages, so we still have a better chance. But that King, he wanted to be certain of his win, so he summon people from other world, thinking they might get something special when joining the system the first time."

"That's a lot to take in... what are Paladins anyways?" (Shiraiwa)

"The Paladins once were the beacon of hope for everyone. They were valiant heroes, fighting the evi-" (Paladin Captain)

"Stop. I don't want to hear their entire history while we're on the run. Where are you bringing me anyways?" (Shiraiwa)

"To the Revolution Troops' headquarters." (Paladin Captain)

"Oh? So you're not satisfied with this?" (Shiraiwa)

"We need to either solve our problem ourselves, or not cause it in the first place. The King's decision to summon you was unneeded. It's pointless, I bet you don't even have any fighting experience." (Paladin Captain)

"Well... technically, 'I' do." (Shiraiwa)

Or to be more precise, my great great grandmother does.

"Hoh?" (Paladin Captain)

"Well, only me and those attending the martial art clubs at school know how, so you don't need to worry too much about the majority of my class, Sir Paladin Captain." I said in a mocking tone.

"Please, I'm not fit for that title, not anymore. Call me Davis, please. And how may I address you, milady." Davis fires back at me.

"Fine. Shiraiwa. That's my name." (Shiraiwa)

While we were talking, we arrived at a tavern.

"Tavern? Seriously? Can't you guys be less obvious? It literally says 'Revolutionary Troops' Tavern' there." (Shiraiwa)

"You can read those symbols?" (Davis)

"You can't?" (Shiraiwa)

He stares at me. I mean, I use those characters everyday on my talismans and charms, so I know what they mean. But I've never seen anyone use it like that before.

"W-Well, let's come in." (Davis)

"Right." (Shiraiwa)

 

===Davis' POV===

Does she know the ancient scriptures? Wait, that can’t be, she only arrived in this world four weeks ago, spending most of her time getting tortu- ugh... I might have gotten a trauma from this. Looks like she doesn’t fully trust me yet, that’s understandable. I-I... Fuck! I must apologize to her as soon as possible.

“Hey, miss Shiraiwa, about when you were first summoned, I’m sorry.” (Davis)

“Drop the ‘miss’, it sounds weird, and apologies accepted, I forgive you” (Shiraiwa)

Is it normal for people of her world to forgive others so easily? What I did was terrible, it’s not something you can forget about in just 36 days. Even after apologizing, I can’t feel any better, it might even have gotten worse.

 

===Shiraiwa’s POV===

He apologized. I mean, I understand why he did so. He did hit me on the neck when it was my first day here, but after the talk before, I can see that he’s a good man. But it seems like his own guilt is weighing on him.

“Relax, I really forgive you. I understand how hard it is to act like that.” (Shiraiwa)

My great great great great grandmother does.

‘Wait, if their memories, personalities and powers are mine now, does it make me them? I’m my grandmother? What? I’m not even a mother yet!’ I have a little identity crisis.

Suddenly a scene of me and a fox guy with black hair appears in my head. He has nine tails and his eyes are similar to mine, just swap sides, and I was holding our ba-

*Blush*

‘Jeez, what was I thinking about, he was left back in my room at the dorm...

Back at the dorm...

Alone...

Kuro...

Will I ever get to meet you again?’ (Shiraiwa)

*SFX of a single tear rolling down on someone's cheek*

Ugh... I must learn how to hide my expressions. Davis is staring at me with guilty eyes again.

Wait, something is off here.

.

Probably nothing.

===Kurokumo's POV===

She's late.

Shiraiwa: Hey, future me here, I was looking back at this as Not Human, and I must say, the me back then was really naïve, it makes me shudder. AND HOW COME I DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL LATER THAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT KURO LIKE THAT?

Ahem.

Well, we're married now, so, that's that.

Rody: Uhh... who are you?

Future Not Human: Right, you don't know her yet, Rody. It's better not to ask any questions.

Future Rody: So, yeah, this story is a mess. And why isn't there any "Author Growth" tag? I mean, looking back here, I can only say that we've grown so much from the beginning.

Future Not Human: If you're not reading the author notes, then you are missing out some really big foreshadowing. So, remember to read them all. OwO

Shanna: Hey! Stop copying me!

Future Kuro: ...

0