Chapter 2
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Congratulations! You have awakened your power!|

Joshua looks around and sees that he is inside what looks like a Parthenon, a resplendent marble temple built between 447 and 432 B.C. during the height of the ancient Greek Empire. However, the inside of the temple is so spacious that it can contain forty-six trucks.

Joshua looks around for a few seconds before suddenly a blue window appears in front of him.

|Currently, you are in the Realm of the Gods! Defeat them and Usurp their Authority!|

"What?! What is happening?!"

Before Joshua could get his answer, he could see a massive figure appear in front of him. It was a beautiful woman wearing a white toga. She has long, straight purple hair and purple eyes that shine with power.

The woman looks at Joshua and says.

"Who dares to disturb my temple?"

Joshua looked at her for a second before saying.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your temple, my lady. My name is Joshua Hamil, and I appear to be lost."

"Joshua Hamil. How dare you disturb the temple of the Gods! For your transgression, I will punish you with Death!"

The woman raises her hands and starts to chant.

"O husband of mine! Grant your wife your legion of Death! The legion of the Undying! Come! Come and serve your Queen!"

After finishing her chant, a massive magic circle appears underneath her. A second later, a thousand human skeletons emerge from the magic circle. They are wearing some kind of armor and holding a bronze weapon.

"Attack him! Attack the one that dares to disturb my temple!"

Joshua widens his eyes and tries to run away, but before he can do that, ten skeletons appear in front of him and stab him. He looked at his bloodied body and slowly closed his eyes. The only thing he can think of is that he failed his only mission in this world.

"Ahhhh, I'm sorry, mom."

The world shatters like glass when Joshua releases his last breath before a blue window appears above him.

|The user cannot die before he can Usurp the power of the Gods! Respawning!|

The woman sees Joshua's body start to glow, and she raises one of her eyebrows, a little bit confused.

Her eyes widen when he sees Joshua appear at the corner of the room where there are not many skeletons. As for Joshua, he is also confused as to why he is not dead. When he sees a blue window above him, he realizes the reason why he is not dead.

The woman orders the skeleton to attack Joshua once again. Still, unlike before, Joshua successfully dodges the first attack but sadly for him, he cannot avoid the other one, and just like before, he died from a stab wound.

|The user cannot die before he can Usurp the power of the Gods! Respawning!|

Joshua appears in the place where there is the least skeleton. Just like before, the skeleton starts charging at Joshua.

Dodge, Block, Die.

~5th Death ~

Joshua dodged all the incoming attacks and hit the skeleton with his hand. Did not work. Die from decapitation.

~15th Death ~

Joshua is able to steal one of the weapons the skeleton carries. He uses it to destroy one of the skeletons and almost destroy the second one before he gets stabbed from the back by the other skeleton.

~17th Death ~

Joshua learned that as long as he holds something, that said item will get respawned in his hand after he dies. He uses the hammer he got from the skeleton to kill another five skeletons. Joshua also learned that skeletons can still function even without their head.

~25th Death~

Joshua successfully steals the skeleton shield and uses it to block the incoming attack. He killed ten more skeletons in this one.

~40th Death~

Joshua learned that the woman could summon back a new batch of skeletons after some time. He killed more than a dozen skeletons with his hammer and shield.

~55th Death~

He finally kills half of the number of skeletons in the temple before his head gets crushed by a war hammer.

~70th Death~

Joshua swung down his hammer and crushed another skeleton in his path. After swinging down his hammer, he raises his shield and blocks the incoming attack before pushing the skeleton away with his shield.

After pushing the skeleton, he uses his feet to kick the skeleton down before thrusting his hammer down to crush the skeleton.

Joshua looks around and sees there are no more skeletons in the temple. The only thing that stands near him is the woman who is sitting on the throne watching him.

"Fantastic! It has been a while since I saw something this entertaining! Humans! Be proud of all you accomplished! Let me reward you."

The woman gave him a smile before starting her chanting.

"Let it be known! I'm Persephone! The Queen of the Underworld! Let me show you the cold embrace of Death! Come! Come to me my Ring of Underworld!"

After saying that, the world changes. The temple is now filled with snow, and the temperature has reached a freezing level, and five orbs are floating above Persephone. She then snaps her finger, and suddenly a spike made of ice appears from Joshua's heart, killing him instantly.

~71th Death~

After respawning, Joshua looks at Persephone from a distance and starts running toward her. He is ready to experience another quick death, but he does not die immediately, to his surprise. However, when he almost reached Persephone, the same thing as before happened. A spike of ice covers his entire body.

~81th Death~

Joshua learned something. Each orb behind Persephone has different abilities. The first one from the left has the ability to grow an ice spike from inside his body. The second one is the one that controls the ice around him. It can create a tornado made of snow and a small spike of ice. The third one is her auto defense. It can create a thick block of ice to block the incoming attack. The fourth one is the orb that can create many kinds of ice, from an Ice sword to a spear made of ice. The last one is the most dangerous. It was an instant death spell. It was the embodiment of a cold embrace of Death.

Each of them has weaknesses. The first orb weakness is that it has a cooldown of fifteen seconds before being used again. Not only that but its effect is also reduced when used against the same opponent. If it were not for his power, Joshua would be dead by now.

The second orb weakness is that it did not have as much firepower as the other. However, it was also the one that did not have much weakness. Other than its low-level firepower, this orb did not have much weakness.

The third orb weakness is that it cannot regenerate once it is destroyed or cracked. Joshua is able to get close and swing down his hammer hard enough to crack the shield, and it still does not regenerate.

The fourth one's only weakness is the time it takes to create the item the user wants. If the user wants to create a longsword, it only takes a few seconds. However, if the user wants a massive boulder to crush their opponent, it will take a minute to do so. Not only that, but it also has a limit about how many items can be created. So far, Persephone is only able to create one hundred and seventy-five swords using this orb ability.

The last one is the most dangerous but also has the biggest weakness. It can only be used once, and this orb ability has a very long cooldown by the look of it.

With this in mind, Joshua continues to run toward Persephone, who still sits down on her throne, looking at him as if he is just an insect.

~221 Death~

Joshua grits his teeth and blocks another hail of sword coming at him before rolling to the right. He knows this pattern. He already memorized it. Persephone never changes her attack pattern. She is too arrogant to notice that Joshua already memorizes her attack pattern.

She thought that because of her position as a Goddess, she would always be above Joshu, who is human. She did not know that Joshu had already prepared some surprises for her.

After dodging the attack, Joshua runs as fast as he can and dodge the incoming attack with ease. He has already seen them many times before. After a minute of running, he jumps high in the air and swings down his hammer at Persephone.

"Hmph! You can't reach me, human!"

Like before, a thick shield appeared in front of Joshua, but this shield was already beaten down and cracked from a constant attack, unlike before. In a single hit, the shield broke, and the hammer hit Persephone's beautiful face, sending her to the ground.

"What?!"

Before Persphone could react and dodge, Joshua let go of his shield and took the bronze sword from the ground. He brings down his sword and pierces the skull of Persephone with it. Because of her arrogance and pride, Persephone died at the hands of a human.

|Congratulations! You have killed Persephone! The Goddess of Spring and the Queen of the Underworld!|

|For this feat, you are now a Godslayer!|

0