Chapter 3
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Congratulations! You have killed Persephone! The Goddess of Spring and the Queen of the Underworld!|

|For this feat, you are now a Godslayer!|

Joshua looks at the blue window in front of him while he is sitting down on the throne where Persephone once sat.

|A Godslayer – is a supreme ruler.|

|Since he can kill a celestial being, he can therefore call on the sacrosanct, divine powers wielded by the gods.|

|A Godslayer – is a lord.|

|Since the power to kill a deity is in his hands, he, therefore, looms over all mortals on Earth.|

|A Godslayer – is a devil.|

|Since of all mortals who live in the world, none can assume a power to match his!|

Joshua read the words in front of him and widened his eyes. His new power gives him something very powerful by the look of it.

|By killing Persephone, you get one of her Authorities!|

|Five Ring of the Underworld|

|This authority symbolizes Hades' gift to Persephone and what makes her the Queen of the underworld. The five rings take the shape of glowing orbs that float behind the user. Each orb has a different power.|

{First Orb: Cold Touch of Death}

{Second Orb: Wind of Death}

{Third Orb: Death Embrace}

{Fourth Orb: Death Armory}

{Fifth Orb: True Death}

As Joshua read it, he knew that he got the five orbs Persephone used to fight him. It took him more than a hundred dead before he could memorize all the attack patterns she uses and predict the chance of her using them.

He can still feel the phantom pain of all the dead he experiences. Persephone is a sadistic bitch. She is not creative in her attack, but she is creative in her method of killing. She was freezing his entire blood vessel so Joshua could feel an intense pain before dying. She was taking his body parts one by one before finally killing him and letting him have hope to get close to her before killing him and watching him die with his hope getting crushed.

When he died the hundredth time, he started to lose hope, but his body decided to move on its own for some reason. Seeing his body did not give up, Joshua chose to follow its lead. With his body and mind working together, he can finally learn the pattern and kill the Goddess.

His mind worked at a fast pace, and his body obeyed every order his mind told him. Not only that, every time he died, his body did not reset. All of the hard work he put in gets transported to his next attempt. Each death he experiences, the more powerful he becomes.

His body gets stronger, and he may also get stronger from each death he experiences.

"I'm sorry for killing you, but you are the one killing me first. However, I must thank you for giving me your power."

Joshua gets down from the throne and bows his head at it for a few seconds. While he is angry at Persephone for killing him, he is still grateful for the power that he takes. After getting up, Joshua's body starts to glow before suddenly disappearing from the temple.

When he opened his eyes, he arrived inside his room once again. However, unlike before, he can feel his body get stronger than before. It was like his body was enchanted by something. This is the result of him becoming a Godslayer.

His body is now infused with a Divine Power and makes his body stronger. His body now becomes a body a Demigod of the past has. Most magic cannot hurt him and even dispel automatically when it gets close to him.

His physical strength reached a superhuman level, and only a C-rank plus Blessed One could reach. He also can learn all languages known to Earth with only a few days of learning. His body is also now filled with magic.

This is not something a regular Blessed One can have. Blessed One is divided into two types: Physical type and Magical type. The physical type was the people who did not have magic inside their bodies, but their physical strength grew rather quickly. Magical people, on the other hand, have the opposite problem. They have magic inside their bodies, but their physical strength grows slower.

Joshua, on the other hand, did not have this limitation.

"Woah. This is amazing. That means that experience is not a bad dream. Let's test this out."

Joshua takes a deep breath and tries to call the new power he got from Persephone. When he reaches the Authorities, his mouth automatically starts to chant.

"Witness my greatness! Come! Come to me, my crown! The crown of the underworld! Your Prince calls on your power!"

After finishing chanting, five orbs appear behind him, and his room is now covered in ice. While the temperature around him was freezing, he did not feel anything. Joshua knows that his power also gives him a passive power. He is now immune to cold.

His action did not go unnoticed by his family. Within a second, his mother and little sister appear inside his room. His mother has a worried expression while his sister has an awe expression when she sees five orbs behind her brother's back.

Seeing his family get inside his room, Joshua looks at them and says.

"Mother, I have awakened my power."

~The next day~

Joshua and his family are currently waiting inside the Blessed One test building. He wanted to test his newly awakened power and get ranked before he could get into a tower. After waiting for one more minute, the examiner called his name.

As he gets into the test room, he can see five people inside the room. They are the examiner that will determine which rank he should go in.

"Alright, Joshua Hamil?"

"That's me."

"Please get inside the test chamber, and we will begin the test."

"Understood."

Joshua gets inside the test chamber and waits for his next instruction.

"Alright, Joshua. Please activate your power."

"Alright."

He takes a deep breath and starts his chant.

"Witness my greatness! Come! Come to me, my crown! The crown of the underworld! Your Prince calls on your power!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joshua's New Power

|Godslayer Physique|

{1. Enhanced Spiritual Senses. Can sense magic within objects.}

{2. Magic Resistance. Most magic coming at him will be dispelled. Only a certain magic spell can pierce through this resistance.}

{3. Ability to learn all languages in a short period of time. (Human language only)}

{4. Enchanted physical body. Can bench press ten tons weight.}

|Persephone Authority|

{Five Ring of the Underworld}

{Chant: "Witness my greatness! Come! Come to me, my crown! The crown of the underworld! Your Prince calls on your power!"}

{This authority was originally the symbol of the Queen of the Underworld, but because of Joshua's gender, he cannot become the Queen of the Underworld. The chant then deemed him as the Prince of the Underworld, and the symbol changed into a crown.}

|The power of the Five Rings|

{First Orb: Cold Touch of Death}

[This orb allows Joshua to freeze someone from the inside. From creating an ice spike from his target heart to freezing his target blood vessel.]

[Weakness: Can only target one individual, Can be resisted if the target have enough resistance to ice element, The effect will be weakened if used on the same person, and have ten seconds cooldown]

{Second Orb: Wind of Death}

[This orb allows Joshua to create an ice storm in a massive area (5 kilometers around him). He can create a snow cyclone while this power is activated. This power also tremendously increases the user's Cold resistance.]

[Weakness: Joshua has zero control over this power. When he creates a snow cyclone, he can only point in the general direction and let the cyclone go there. This power did not see allies and enemies; it would attack them both. The only person that did not get affected by the power is the user.]

{Third Orb: Death Embrace}

[This orb creates a thick wall of ice that will automatically block any incoming attack. The wall will not appear when the user did not get attacked, and this skill will always be active as long as the Five Ring is active]

[Weakness: The shield can only take a certain amount of damage, it cannot restore itself before it gets destroyed or the authority get called back, and it takes one minute to restore the shield]

{Fourth Orb: Death Armory}

[This orb allows Joshua to mold the ice that he summon into any item he wants. He can make a sword, spear, or bow & arrows. He can control these items with his mind.]

[Weakness: The bigger the items he wants to create, the longer it takes to create them. Currently, he can only create and control fifty items at once. The maximum weight he can create is ten tons, for now.]

{Fifth Orb: True Death}

[This orb contains the true essence of Hades, the King of the Underworld. With this orb, Joshua can use the essence given to Persephone by Hades. He can use it to do three things.]

[1.) Summon the Guardian of the Underworld, Cerberus]

[2.) Summon the Treasury of the Underworld, Golden Vault (Can only take one item)]

[3.) Instantly kill someone]

[Weakness: There is a thirty-day cooldown once this power is used. If the user activates this ability, the rest of the ability will be reduced into half of their power until the cooldown is over. ]

0